Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
deathbagel
Jun 10, 2008

I pulled well over 50 times on this banner... maybe more I lost count. 0 Noctis. I better get TGCid on a daily pull when he releases.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vax
Dec 29, 2011

delicious!

deathbagel posted:

I pulled well over 50 times on this banner... maybe more I lost count. 0 Noctis. I better get TGCid on a daily pull when he releases.

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

50 pulls is only 22% chance to pull a Noctis.

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

rabidsquid posted:

finally, after all of this time, a second one!

Mrit SA
Nov 11, 2016

by Lowtax
I had to wait almost two weeks between my base 5* units, woe is me.

MohShuvuu
Aug 26, 2010

I eat ass.
I haven't had a rainbow since the FFT banner with Ramza. I've been daily pulling and did one 11 on the noctis banner.

Nargiddley
Jul 30, 2006

Daily pull of Santa Roselia, that's me done on this Banner I think.
2 tickets from the 300 lapis bundle on the noctis banner gets me my 6th ingus and then a rainbow........ Garnet. Which at least was a new unit, but got my hopes up. Only my 2nd ever rainbow crystal, at least the first wasn't a troll.

I think I'm pretty close to the point I've got every non limited 3 and 4 star base now. Hayate is the only one i know of that in missing now.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

for the life of me i cant get a vaan or a miyuki, which is the combo of units i would really enjoy to buff up my chiz.

i've gotten five garnet at this point and other than tillith i have gotten multiple pulls of every good healer including 3+ refia.

Kronikle
Jan 31, 2005

yeah well that's just like your opinion, man

Mrit SA posted:

Just going to post Discord chat:

Mrit - Today at 10:14 PM
i have 19 tickets, how many should i use on noctis's banner before it disappears(the correct answer is 0 but still)
Niton - Today at 10:15 PM
Mrit - Today at 10:15 PM
boo
i think i will pull twice. i will likely get garbage, but whatever
blue...
charlotte
and duane, lol
no thanks, noctis's banner sucks
Dana - Today at 10:18 PM
you just didn't pull enough
Mrit - Today at 10:18 PM
HOLY CRAP
i accidently pulled again and its a rainbow
NOCTIS
LOL
Dana - Today at 10:18 PM
see?
Mrit - Today at 10:19 PM
ROFL
Dana - Today at 10:19 PM
I told you, you didn't pull enough
grats on joining the boyband
Mrit - Today at 10:19 PM
that is incredible
thanks!

This inspired me to put in a ticket to the Noctis banner.

It's going up....

Blue...

My 9th Charlotte. Sick.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

This probably old news but I'm mission grinding in Dirnado and come upon a mission to use power burst. Never heard of that so I check the wiki and they don't have an entry for it either. I google it and apparently it's a Gumi typo and they ment for you to use power break.

Nice one Gumi. :butt:

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."
After pulling using tickets from the 300 lapis bundle, I got the 30% MAG TM football jerk and Shadow.

I am sure I'm about 60000 pulls away from seeing a rainbow orb again so my lapis is better spent on TM farming. I should definitely fill all my TMs before I pull again!

So what do I do when I get a rare summon ticket?

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
Ticket CoD last night, half-price gold CoD today :psyduck:

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

So apparently the next Fat Chocobo town has the Man Eater materia for 200 quartz. Does anybody know when it unlocks? Is it on the Zoldaad continent?

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
Third Mercedes with tickets this morning.

Okay, Gumi, I get it. I'm not getting a Noctis. Fine.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!
I don't really pay attention to the story in this game but I did like the exchange at the Electric Tower

New Guy posted:

Hey Lid, want to be my sugar mama?

Lid posted:

Go to hell.

Gumi posted:

1st Encounter: Electric Tower - Shots Fired

Langolas
Feb 12, 2011

My mustache makes me sexy, not the hat

Got my 2nd Cecil off tickets today wooooo. Someones becoming my limit burst buddy

Still no Mercedes from the noctis banner :(. I don't care about the boy band I want that loving Lizzie Bourdon

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Threw away a ticket on the Noctis banner as a going away celebration.

Miyuki.

Y'know what, I'll take it.

Ratzap
Jun 9, 2012

Let no pie go wasted
Soiled Meat
I was going to try using Memu to get TM rewards but I've run into a snag. I don't use facebook (hate social media) and it sounds like they ban fake accounts pretty regularly.
Is there any other way to get my account from the tablet into the emulator?

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
Jesus this banner. Day one, three pulls, Noctis. Followed by nothing but blues. Last night CoD, todays half-price golden CoD. Burning the last four tickets I want to give for the banner, CHEESEGURU!
and three Sazh :lol:

If I was a macroer I suppose I'd be having a ball, 20 sided die looks fun.

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

Ratzap posted:

I was going to try using Memu to get TM rewards but I've run into a snag. I don't use facebook (hate social media) and it sounds like they ban fake accounts pretty regularly.

Just make an account that looks real. You don't even have to upload a photo or anything, just don't make your Shithead McFuck or anything dumb

deathbagel
Jun 10, 2008

Go RV! posted:

Just make an account that looks real. You don't even have to upload a photo or anything, just don't make your Shithead McFuck or anything dumb

Just make an account and then hide it so nobody can see it.

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I swear Memu needs some time to warm up or something. The first 2 or 3 times I run my TM macro it crashes in less than 5 minutes, every time, but then it runs fine. Idgi

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008

deathbagel posted:

Me too. 0 banner units except Charlotte across 50 pulls. This fuckin' banner.

I've been lapis refreshing TMRs so hard I'm about to rank up for the 2nd time from just running ES Entrance. It's nice actually seeing more progress than 2% a day.

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby
I need help deciding which characters to combine for the 5% TM and which to keep copies of (either for battles or shared TM grind). I pretty much used all 6 months of tickets and lapis I've F2P hoarded on this banner (0 rainbows though :( ) so I'm not super familiar with a lot of the characters. I plan to keep 4 or 5 of each 6*-capable unit, and all of the units with top-tier TMs, but a bunch fall in a spot where I'm unsure if it's better to keep a full team or just combine down to 2 or 3 right away. Any advice would be appreciated!

8 Chizuru (2 maxed, 6 new)
7 ExDeath (3 maxed, 4 new)
5 Garland (all new)
5 Edgar (all new)
5 Edge (all new)
5 Mercedes (all new)
5 Freya (all new)
5 Vaan (1 maxed, 4 new)
4 Cecil (1 maxed, 1 high 5*, 2 new)
4 Firion (1 maxed, 3 new)
4 Ludmille (all new)
4 Gaffgarion (all new)
4 Mustadio (all new)
4 Xiao (1 maxed, 3 new)
4 Kefka (all new)
4 Arc (1 maxed, 3 new)
4 Tellah (1 maxed, 3 new)
4 Celes (1 maxed, 3 new)
4 Golbez (2 maxed, 2 new)
3 Terra (1 maxed, 2 new)
3 Zidane (all new, 1 TM mastered, 2nd TM at 25%)
3 Medius (all new)

Vexrm
Feb 2, 2009

Full of hot raspberry jam blooded passion.
My fifth rainbow on Noctis Banner! WOOOO! Maybe it will be a boy ba.....
Freaking COD. Again.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Vexrm posted:

My fifth rainbow on Noctis Banner! WOOOO! Maybe it will be a boy ba.....
Freaking COD. Again.

What the gently caress is wrong with your RNG.

I just booted 100% of non-goons/friends off my list, so I'm at 117 of 130. Hit me up at 103,135,071 for the glorious noodle prince, now with double bracer action.

Also, a friend of mine has me as his only whale buddy, and could really use some goon support at 392 609 535

Vexrm
Feb 2, 2009

Full of hot raspberry jam blooded passion.

NinjaDebugger posted:

What the gently caress is wrong with your RNG.

I just booted 100% of non-goons/friends off my list, so I'm at 117 of 130. Hit me up at 103,135,071 for the glorious noodle prince, now with double bracer action.

Also, a friend of mine has me as his only whale buddy, and could really use some goon support at 392 609 535

Why does my RNG have to be wrong? It just decided I'm like captain Kirk and like green girls?

Bad joke... but who the hell knows. I get all the CODs.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Why does this dyer guy keep spending money on refreshes to run frosty right now? Does he gain anything? He has amost a 4/1 advantage, there is no way the 2nd place is going to catch up

e- Also after getting this loving gun for this event, its incredibly stupid that Medius didnt get dual guns. Even with dual guns he would still be less powerful than the other FFBE gunner unit because his skills still suck and he still has draw attacks.

Cao Ni Ma fucked around with this message at 19:49 on Dec 29, 2016

PDQ Law
Aug 4, 2011

Ratzap posted:

If you're using Android then you can use the Helium app off the Google Play store to back up Brave Exvius on your tablet, then copy that backup into Memu and install Helium there to restore it. I recently did that and it worked from my non-rooted phone.

The only difficulty I had was that my computer didn't see the backup folder made by Helium on my phone, but I got around that by making a zip file of the backup folder using my phone's file browser, which could be copied by my computer.

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Why does this dyer guy keep spending money on refreshes to run frosty right now? Does he gain anything? He has amost a 4/1 advantage, there is no way the 2nd place is going to catch up

He was molested by a snowman as a child.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Just beat the electric tower, I only just noticed how this new area is just a big fat FF8 reference. The boss made it click.

Cao Ni Ma posted:

e- Also after getting this loving gun for this event, its incredibly stupid that Medius didnt get dual guns. Even with dual guns he would still be less powerful than the other FFBE gunner unit because his skills still suck and he still has draw attacks.

Apparently he was asked on a forum and he said because he wants to rub it in #2's face. No he doesn't know who #2 is so it's not even personal.

Cry Havoc
May 10, 2004

This cyberpunk cartoon avatar is pretty dang ol' good, I tell you what.
that kinda person doesn't realize who the real loser is

deathbagel
Jun 10, 2008

kalensc posted:

I need help deciding which characters to combine for the 5% TM and which to keep copies of (either for battles or shared TM grind). I pretty much used all 6 months of tickets and lapis I've F2P hoarded on this banner (0 rainbows though :( ) so I'm not super familiar with a lot of the characters. I plan to keep 4 or 5 of each 6*-capable unit, and all of the units with top-tier TMs, but a bunch fall in a spot where I'm unsure if it's better to keep a full team or just combine down to 2 or 3 right away. Any advice would be appreciated!

8 Chizuru (2 maxed, 6 new)
You want 5 Blade Masteries just in case, they are so good that I'd probably TM grind multiples at a time then smash to speed up the TM grind process. Chorizo is a solid unit right now too so definitely keep the 2 you have maxxed out
7 ExDeath (3 maxed, 4 new)
I kept 4 ExDeaths just because eventually I will grind up all 4 and have an arena team that is almost impossible for me to lose with. I have 2 maxxed out right now and the team is almost unbeatable as is. I would smash the other 3
5 Garland (all new)
Garland is very good once he gets his 6* but I don't see any Bartz on your list, he only gets really amazing when he goes the double-double hand route and his TM isn't great so you can probably smash these guys all toghether
5 Edgar (all new)
You only need 2 of him to do the chainsaw chain shenanigans so you can probably smush the rest or all of them if you never want to bother with chainsaw shenanigans (really Chorizo can do it just as well and you have lots of those) but you might want to grind out a couple of machine killers just in case of future challenges/events
5 Edge (all new)
The character isn't great and the TM isn't either, I'd smash all these
5 Mercedes (all new)
This unit is great and the TM is the strongest weapon in the game currently, TM all 5 to max, don't smush
5 Freya (all new)
Another unit that sucks compared to your pile of Chorizos and Mercedes. Her TM is interesting though and 50% dark resist might come in useful in the future, I'd probably keep at least two to max out TM on
5 Vaan (1 maxed, 4 new)
His TM is alright but not really amazing. He's an alright Full Breaker since I don't see a WoL or Agrias on your list I'd keep one for that role
4 Cecil (1 maxed, 1 high 5*, 2 new)
His TM is great, I would max TM all 4 of these
4 Firion (1 maxed, 3 new)
TM isn't great at all, but his 6* form is a beast. Problem is he's only a beast with a ton of TMs on him so I'd only keep 1 and smash the rest
4 Ludmille (all new)
You want all 4 Dualcasts for sure
4 Gaffgarion (all new)
Bracer is great, especially on Doublehand guys like 6* Garland. I would grind out 4 of them
4 Mustadio (all new)
Best gun in the game, you probably want all 4 of them
4 Xiao (1 maxed, 3 new)
Best Fist weapon in the game by a landslide, you probably want 4
4 Kefka (all new)
You want all 4 ribbons just in case there's a trial boss in the future that they trivialize
4 Arc (1 maxed, 3 new)
The best mage staff, you want all 4 if you ever plan on making a mage team with your pile of ExDeaths
4 Tellah (1 maxed, 3 new)
Not great right now when you have so many ExDeaths and Arcs, his TM is ok, I'd probably smash them all toghether
4 Celes (1 maxed, 3 new)
Not an amazing unit but the Minerva Bustier is really good. II would probably grind all 3 of these
4 Golbez (2 maxed, 2 new)
His TM is awesome, but your ExDeaths already have Meteor so I'd probably smash all these
3 Terra (1 maxed, 2 new)
Ultima is the strongest black magic spell outside of Noctis' ring, I'd keep all 3 for your ExDeath army
3 Zidane (all new, 1 TM mastered, 2nd TM at 25%)
Unless you have 5 dual wield, never smash Zidanes
3 Medius (all new)
Some people swear by his growth egg, but I tend to level my guys up almost exclusively with Cactaurs. If you grind your dudes to level them, then you probably want 3 of these, if you are like me you can probably smash these guys

Really though, unless you need the space I'd keep most of them for now.

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby

deathbagel posted:

Really though, unless you need the space I'd keep most of them for now.

Awesome advice, thanks so much! :) Glad to hear about the quality of those equipment TMs, guess I'll keep most of the characters and buy more space or use cactuars and pots more expediently.

I do have several other solid-enough characters (in terms of stats or TMs), but only 1-2x each so I wasn't as concerned about keeping them all versus combining:

2x Cloud of Darkness, Agrias, WoL, Lenna, Sazh
1x Bartz, Maxwell, Snow, Vanille

Unfortunately none of my tickets got me a Refia so I'm really lacking in the healer department. Cecil helps a bunch though.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

MP up would be really good on units with refresh that burn through tons of mp per cast. I'm keeping my telaths just for my tilith. Because if you can get her over 500mp she will recover most of her mp each turn regardless of what she casts.

Also will a materia that grand double hand stack in global when your character already has double hand like for Garland? I smooshed my buttz together because having 3 dw already sort of limits the use of double hand but I might have kept another one if that was the case.

deathbagel
Jun 10, 2008

Cao Ni Ma posted:

MP up would be really good on units with refresh that burn through tons of mp per cast. I'm keeping my telaths just for my tilith. Because if you can get her over 500mp she will recover most of her mp each turn regardless of what she casts.

Also will a materia that grand double hand stack in global when your character already has double hand like for Garland? I smooshed my buttz together because having 3 dw already sort of limits the use of double hand but I might have kept another one if that was the case.

Yes, the materia stacks with the natural ability. Just like the killer abilities. If you put a dragon killer materia on Kain he gets the benefit from both his inherent killer bonus and the materia one.

I am pretty sure there is a goon with a suped up Demon Rain with the Double Hand from Butz and his own inherent Double hand and is around 700 atk.

Tall Tale Teller
May 20, 2003
Grave? Shovel! Let's go.

I decided to burn five tickets since Noctis is bailing out. I didn't get him, big loving surprise.

I did pull my first Zidane, which is rad, Xiao, also rad, and a Charlotte, my billionth Galuf, and that wiener Duane.

I don't macro, since I play on my phone, but sooner or later I'll have to start TM farming (manually. Ick.) Earth Shrine is the way to go yeah? My teams are all really solid, I just don't have any super amazing gear or abilities outside of event stuff. My closest TM is 64% on Agrias.

Anywho, grntstmb 565 398 787 for a middle of the road DK Cecil. I can throw up a middling crew of idiots too, almost everyone max level.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Should I be dumping MPs up on Tilith in anticipation of future events?

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

HGH posted:

Should I be dumping MPs up on Tilith in anticipation of future events?

Tiliths healing toolkit cannot be trumped because its raw 100% aoe healing and rezzing, she also has the highest threat reduction passive and pretty drat good support. The only thing her kit lacks is auto rezzing. And she does all of this without enhancements, so if she ever gets powercreeped they can bring her back up with those. You cannot go wrong with dumping mp on her. Id argue that dumping spr isnt needed though, because her heal bombs are 100% anyways

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008
Doesn't her MP restore scale off of SPR?

• Locked thread