Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

ArbitraryC posted:

I dunno that super reads to me as an incredibly one sided story. I can't imagine being super sick and going out to the market for a single item on the grocery list instead of eating w/e was around much less being incredibly sick and pregnant and doing it.

Yeah this story screamed at me. This wife is acting exactly like my mother, who becomes "sick" whenever she is feeling lazy and wants her husband to pay more attention to her. He puts up with it, but he knows she is mostly faking so she does not get the same sympathy that a genuinely sick person would get.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DOMDOM
Apr 28, 2007

Fun Shoe

Doc Hawkins posted:

The relationship is hosed up, but the teenager does not have primary responsibility for it. If the family is pissed, they should tell the 30-something creeplord how disgusted they are with him, not passive-agressively toss a literal child's baked goods in the trash.
To me it would be like my mom dying right before christmas and my brother's mistress giving him a tray of rouladen and red cabbage [family tradition] to bring to christmas dinner. It feels very tonedeaf.

But agreed it's hard to fault the teenager i was a loving moron at 18 too

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

underage at the vape shop posted:

Bullying is terrible. Do not let your kids bully other kids. Allowing your kid to make another feel like worthless poo poo because kids will be kids or any other excuse makes you an objectively terrible parent and a horrible person.

Childhood is when you are at your most impressionable and sets the foundation for development of your later worldviews and personality. A severely bullied kid wakes up every morning and feels like human garbage. That kid goes to school and has it confirmed by their peers that they are, in fact, human garbage. Of course that sticks with you for life.

Know what's worse than kids bullying kids? Adults who get in on that poo poo. Kids will always be assholes and it sucks, but the adults in the situation should be the ones stepping in to diffuse the situation or comfort a kid who's getting hurt. Not tell them the deserve it because they look different or even join in on the harassment. Hell, at least you can even fight back against a bully your age. I had one teacher who loved to do poo poo like make kids stand in front of the class while she told every one else they were getting an F, just to humiliate them. In grade six. There's nothing you can do about that.

DOMDOM posted:

Me [18M] with my BF [31M] of 1 year, his family threw away my baked Christmas gifts to them

Why throw the baked goods out though? That's just a depressing waste.

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

He should have baked them Twinkies

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

DOMDOM posted:

Check out the narc

My [21f] boyfriend [29m] was prescribed Codeine and it's worrying me

Is this the first, of so many "don't date men way older than you" stories, where the woman is the crazy one?

DOMDOM
Apr 28, 2007

Fun Shoe
But it is okay he smokes weed everyday because that is not at all substitution

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

DOMDOM posted:

Check out the narc

My [21f] boyfriend [29m] was prescribed Codeine and it's worrying me

quote:

When I came home from work yesterday he just seemed... off. He was in a really good mood and was very relaxed.

Reddit help the doctor prescribed medicine to make my boyfriend feel better and it made him feel better, should I sever?

underage at the vape shop
May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

Nuebot posted:

Know what's worse than kids bullying kids? Adults who get in on that poo poo. Kids will always be assholes and it sucks, but the adults in the situation should be the ones stepping in to diffuse the situation or comfort a kid who's getting hurt. Not tell them the deserve it because they look different or even join in on the harassment. Hell, at least you can even fight back against a bully your age. I had one teacher who loved to do poo poo like make kids stand in front of the class while she told every one else they were getting an F, just to humiliate them. In grade six. There's nothing you can do about that.

There was a kid in my year 5 class in a wheelchair. He let several kids jump off of it and bodyslam me. When I was late to class because I couldn't walk right, the loving oval office of a teacher made me go and pick up rubbish during class time and made sure the whole class knew what was happening even after I explained to him why I was late. That teacher was a right prick, he knew exactly what was going on, yet at the end of the year when he was saying nice things about all the students as a group, his message to me, in front of the whole class, was that I should try being nicer to people. That was my last year at school. I got told a few years ago that 4 kids ended up killing themselves by the end of year 12, out of a cohort of 50ish(2 classes, christian school that did K-12).

Schools are hosed. If you look, it's not uncommon to find stories like that from across the world. Don't let your kids be bullies

underage at the vape shop fucked around with this message at 14:06 on Dec 29, 2016

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Take it to EN

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001
If you want to talk about your personal stories post them in r/relationships so we can cyber bully you without getting off topic please

underage at the vape shop
May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
sorry it got a little long and e/n but the take home message was supposed to be, dont be a shitbird, dont let your kids be shitbirds.

I'm past it now which is why i can talk about it but then I do and I feel I have to add more to make it clear and yeah.

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
For some one who is past it you sure can't shut up about it

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Here's more content, don't get the thread closed:

Wife got breast implants without telling me and now its causing problems.

quote:

My (31m) wife (29f) and her sister (32f) decided to get breast implants before christmas.

They both went away for a week at the end of November. I was told this was just for a holiday but when they came back they revealed that they both had breast enlargment surgery.

Myself and my sister in laws husband were waiting for them when they got back from the airport. They came in with big coats on that hid their chests. Then they both did a big ta-da, surprise reveal moment to their respective partners. Almost like a magician pulling a rabbit out of a hat, only with boobs and no hat.

She has spun her new mammaries as a christmas gift from her to me and as such i didnt receive much from her for christmas.

But the problem is i do not like them. I know my wife has always been unhappy with the original size of her boobs (B cup). We did discuss this a few years ago. I told her at the time that i thought hers were great, which they were, but i also told her that i would not be too keen on her getting them done as a former girlfriend of mine had fakes ones and i wasnt a fan. It was never mentioned to me since.

Im annoyed about the money.We can afford her to do this but only just. She took almost 70% of our combined savings to do this, without discussing it with me.

The main problem is that this has effected our sex life. Our sex life has always been great and i am a breast man. I always paid her breasts a lot of attention but since this i dont. To me, they do not look or feel the same. During she keeps moving my hands to them but i now quickly move my hands away.

This has already caused arguments.

I don't know what to do. I love my wife very much but i am disappointed in her for taking our money without discussing it with me first. Im annoyed at her for making a big show of how her new breasts are for me when they are for her and i know i am hurting her by not being as excited about them as she is.

Please help. Has anyone been in a similar situation? Any advice would be appreciated.

tl;dr wife got breast implants without telling me and its causing problems

Lady, he told you how he felt about fake tits, what did you think would happen?

I blame the sister for talking her into it.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
He mentions arguments, but I'd really love to hear what she's arguing. She just spent 70% of their combined savings to destroy their sex life

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Hope they can still afford couple counseling.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Ride The Gravitron posted:

Hope they can still afford couple counseling.

Nope boob job took all their cash.. maybe work will cover a few sessions. Again WTF is wrong with people?

Wife: I don't like my boobs I want them bigger
Husband: Nah they are prefect, I love playing with them and do a lot
Wife: Okay but I think I want them to be bigger
Husband: No, fake breasts don't feel the same, I don't like them
Wife: Okay I'll drop it

*drains bank account, gets fakes breasts*
Wife: Why are you mad? This is what I mean, you're always getting mad when I try and do nice thigns to you.

I mean like do people listen?

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

Big ol' bags of sand.

54 40 or fuck
Jan 4, 2012

No Yanda's allowed
That's a tricky one because he might not be crazy about the look/feel but she might have dealt with a lot of body insecurity surrounding them. So the question I guess is her happiness with herself more important than his happiness with her body. Spending their savings is super hosed though, and she must have missed the memo that having big boobs sucks a lot

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001
If it's about her happiness with herself she could've probably discussed it with him more before running off with their savings and presenting them as a gift to him (that he already said he didn't want)

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Dial-a-Dog posted:

If it's about her happiness with herself she could've probably discussed it with him more before running off with their savings and presenting them as a gift to him (that he already said he didn't want)

The best part is they did discuss it and he made his feelings perfectly known and she did it anyway.

Themata
Dec 10, 2011

If you want a pizza this pie
You can crust that
I won't cheese on you
Dance on the groove flour
And I'll give you a disco-unt
Shipping 15K RING MAN with SAVINGS 70'S BOBS LADY, eventually opening the relationship to a NEW CHALLENGER, ONE NIGHT THAI GUY, DOUBLE SHTANDARDS WHITE GUY.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

i love big bobs and tity

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

I think the boobs were for Husband #2

54 40 or fuck
Jan 4, 2012

No Yanda's allowed

Professor Shark posted:

Haha same.

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all

Professor Shark posted:

Yeah, she's definitely shopping around to trade up.

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
Maybe she doesn't want sex and he's a boob fiend

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

Double mastectomy, cheaper or more expensive than implants?

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Pvt.Scott posted:

Double mastectomy, cheaper or more expensive than implants?

I imagine insurance covers one of those procedures, given the medical necessity.

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001
Looking at the comments, I'm sure the sister pushed her into doing it, and will likely be pushing for her now inevitable divorce too. So yeah they're for the wife to feel better about herself/her new fake titty loving husband

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

Ooo. Maybe the sister is horning in on the husband, and she doesn't care about the money because it's TRUE LOVE.

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Professor Shark posted:

This was my guess too until I read that she's still being intimate with him. Sex is usually the first thing to go when people are checking out of a relationship

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

It sounds like it's on its way out

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001
If they had a healthy sex life before, it sure sounds like they don't any more since he's not touching them/she noticed/they've already started fighting about it

Personal Lucubrant
Oct 18, 2016

Just thinking about what to do with all the money I don't have.

Improbable Lobster posted:

everyone is in permanent high school persecution complex mode

This, except not just Reddit. Like...our entire society.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jrxI_euTX4A

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

ArbitraryC posted:

I dunno that super reads to me as an incredibly one sided story. I can't imagine being super sick and going out to the market for a single item on the grocery list instead of eating w/e was around much less being incredibly sick and pregnant and doing it.

I'm super sick but capable of going to the store but not capable of going to the kitchen and operating the toaster.

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001
I'm willing to believe that the kind of guy who eats a third of a loaf of bread in two minutes, and uses "I need to take a shower" as an excuse not to do something at 11 AM is a lazy fatbody. Whether the pregnant sick lady is too isn't as important to the story

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Dial-a-Dog posted:

I'm willing to believe that the kind of guy who eats a third of a loaf of bread in two minutes, and uses "I need to take a shower" as an excuse not to do something at 11 AM is a lazy fatbody.

The guy is definitely the main villain but the wife seems likely to not be a real peach as well.

In his defense, if he's retarded enough to not know the difference between chicken soup and chicken stock, the wife should have known this long before and made plans to fend for herself at all times since the husband is obviously completely useless and likely to remain that way.

Clocks
Oct 2, 2007

54 40 or gently caress posted:

That's a tricky one because he might not be crazy about the look/feel but she might have dealt with a lot of body insecurity surrounding them. So the question I guess is her happiness with herself more important than his happiness with her body. Spending their savings is super hosed though, and she must have missed the memo that having big boobs sucks a lot

Yeah, that's kind of how I read it. Dude of course got screwed over because she made a huge life decision without talking it over AND used all their money but it's possible she's always wanted bigger boobs and she did this for herself (even though she spun it as for the husband, since that's typically how society presents it). It's her body that she can do with as she pleases. But it certainly wasn't all her money, so she really shouldn't have done something like that without further discussion.

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal

54 40 or gently caress posted:

Yeah, this.

Ultimately if she's uncomfortable with how she looks and/or feels that's going to have an effect on sexytimes. They're still intimate so she clearly (I think) still wants to be with him, at least for now.
Maybe he could have been a bit more engaged with her feelings about her body image and they could have come to an agreement beforehand. It's a bit out of order spending their savings on the implants though.

I wonder how big they actually are to have such a negative effect on him.

'I'm not shagging you, I don't like your tits' said NO MAN EVER.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

scrubs season six posted:

The guy is definitely the main villain but the wife seems likely to not be a real peach as well.

In his defense, if he's retarded enough to not know the difference between chicken soup and chicken stock, the wife should have known this long before and made plans to fend for herself at all times since the husband is obviously completely useless and likely to remain that way.

Mrs. P-Mack makes stock from leftover bones and scraps and it's awesome, real thick, turns solid in the fridge, way better than the boxed stuff.

So my advice would be to open up the relationship and try adding some onions.