Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
i got a 4 pack

i can not see or feel the missing 2 muscles of my 6 pack

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drunk Driver Dad
Feb 18, 2005
is it the lower ones? I think guys tend to store their fat in the lower area of the abdomen the most

Pesmerga
Aug 1, 2005

So nice to eat you
I'm still worried I'm putting on more fat than muscle on this bulk. 5'9", 150lbs, lifting 6 times a week and walking on average 8-10km a day, while eating 2,450 calories, and all I see in the mirror is disappearing abs.

Khorne
May 1, 2002

Pesmerga posted:

I'm still worried I'm putting on more fat than muscle on this bulk. 5'9", 150lbs, lifting 6 times a week and walking on average 8-10km a day, while eating 2,450 calories, and all I see in the mirror is disappearing abs.
I rock a 3 pack. You can see the outline of my ribcage due to its size as two lumps and then you can see my gut.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

Drunk Driver Dad posted:

is it the lower ones? I think guys tend to store their fat in the lower area of the abdomen the most

yeah its the lower ones

and right now in bulking so...

but even when i was leaner i could not detect the lower abs, even if i dug around in there with my finger. Maybe i need to do more core stuff :ohdear:

Drunk Driver Dad
Feb 18, 2005
i'm pretty sure i'm right, you prob just won't see them unless you cut down pretty low. as far as hypertrophy, i think leg raises and stuff that starts bottom up is supposed to be good for lower abs, but it may just be broscience.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

Pesmerga posted:

2400 should be like maintenance intake for a dude like u

are u calculating your calories properly :catbert:

Retarded Goatee
Feb 6, 2010
I spent :10bux: so that means I can be a cheapskate and post about posting instead of having some wit or spending any more on comedy avs for people. Which I'm also incapable of. Comedy.
ive procured a set of foods to cook and devour

it is rice, chicken and broccolis

i will be back to pizzas by friday

god bless

i have also brought home coffee

Pesmerga
Aug 1, 2005

So nice to eat you

Zzulu posted:

2400 should be like maintenance intake for a dude like u

are u calculating your calories properly :catbert:

Use a food scale and everything. Maybe my metabolism is just that hosed (I used to weigh 200lb when I was 16) :saddowns:

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Pesmerga posted:

Rest more. Stress encourages fat storage.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

FedEx Mercury posted:

If a dude is going for a lift where a 10-20 lb spot push won't save his life, well that's just natural selection.

A buddy of mine tore a pec doing bench so that's always in my mind when spotting silly weights.

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
Doing some BPs yesterday without a spotter and got as stuck as you can get without failing.... even got the bar hooked under the pin on the way up.... 5 or 6 second rep. I yelled out "ARNOLD!" for that final burst of strength so I wouldn't embarrass myself.

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

IT'S LEGO, not Legos. Heh

I haven't been able to bench or do any chest exercise in over a month now because of my shoulder. Sucks. Tried to bench 95 the other day just to test tolerance and it immediately started hurting.

Fallows
Jan 20, 2005

If he waits long enough he can use his accrued interest from his savings to bring his negative checking balance back into the black.
<-------- Treadmills are that way little lowtax

That's all that left for your broken body to do

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Tiny Lowtax posted:

I haven't been able to bench or do any chest exercise in over a month now because of my shoulder. Sucks. Tried to bench 95 the other day just to test tolerance and it immediately started hurting.

A month is only 4 weeks.

8 weeks no lifting.

Constipated
Nov 25, 2009

Gotta make that money man its still the same now
Tried to do incline DB BP tonight and my thumb really didnt like that :( regular BB BP doesn't seem to bother it too much though. Probably the stupidest injury I've inflicted on myself in a many years. Deadlifting has gone surprisingly well though.

Fallows
Jan 20, 2005

If he waits long enough he can use his accrued interest from his savings to bring his negative checking balance back into the black.
Digits and thumbs dont count as injurys, just power through those they will adapt

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Constipated posted:

Tried to do incline DB BP tonight and my thumb really didnt like that :( regular BB BP doesn't seem to bother it too much though. Probably the stupidest injury I've inflicted on myself in a many years. Deadlifting has gone surprisingly well though.

Actually when I BP I have to put my right thumb around the bar, and my left thumb up with my other fingers, or I get hand pain.

It wasn't like that when I was younger than 40. Old age isn't for cowards.

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

I can do all exercises except chest tho. So I've been dead lifting and squatting like crazy.

Also Kodak Power Cakes are terrible. I've tried regular and peanut butter and they're both bland and gross.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

Tiny Lowtax posted:

enjoy ur new moobs

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

Why? I'm not gaining weight.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
*flicks your moobs*

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Apparently my testosterone level was at 550 and the TRT clinic wants to get me to 600. So I'll be taking 3 shots of HCG a week for 12 weeks. Apparently the increase of 50 should be a substantial change. All of my lab numbers looked great except for my thyroid. So I gotta get that checked out.

Is 50 test gonna really be that crazy?

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy
My level is 601

Tolkien minority
Feb 14, 2012

mines 42069 :smuggo:

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
a low end testosterone (Steroid) cycle is between 200-500mg per week

I dont know what your doctor is gonna give u

Fallows
Jan 20, 2005

89 posted:

Apparently my testosterone level was at 550 and the TRT clinic wants to get me to 600. So I'll be taking 3 shots of HCG a week for 12 weeks. Apparently the increase of 50 should be a substantial change. All of my lab numbers looked great except for my thyroid. So I gotta get that checked out.

No, that honestly sounds like a waste of money

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps

Fallows posted:

No, that honestly sounds like a waste of money
Maybe...I should crash my T levels before my next appointment in 4 weeks?

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

89 posted:

Human chorionic gonadotropin (HCG) is a hormone produced by the placenta after implantation. The presence of hCG is detected in some pregnancy tests (HCG pregnancy strip tests). Some cancerous tumors produce this hormone; therefore, elevated levels measured when the patient is not pregnant can lead to a cancer diagnosis and, if high enough, paraneoplastic syndromes. However, it is not known whether this production is a contributing cause or an effect of carcinogenesis. The pituitary analog of hCG, known as luteinizing hormone (LH), is produced in the pituitary gland of males and females of all ages

:stare:

LordArgh
Mar 17, 2009

Nap Ghost

89 posted:

how would you drop your t levels though? the election is over so you can't go and vote for hillary

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Punch your balls until they turn purple

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Tiny Lowtax posted:

I can do all exercises except chest tho. So I've been dead lifting and squatting like crazy.

I did this and it's why my shoulder pain lasted 9 months. Other lifts weren't causing direct pain but they were aggravating the joint and preventing the inflammation from going down (squats especially as I tuck my grip in really tight under the bar).

It would have gone on indefinitely if I hadn't eventually done my 8 weeks no lifting (or driving) routine.

Fallows
Jan 20, 2005

89 posted:

HCG is a thing and it helps your nuts produce test but they can only make so much and it seems like yours are working well... I don't know how much your appointments cost and the cost of the HCG but it's prob too much for the negligible results you will notice

Fallows
Jan 20, 2005

Tell him you want to be in the high range and will be looking for a second opinion

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy

LordArgh posted:

how would you drop your t levels though? the election is over so you can't go and vote for hillary

Just keep JOing and eating cake.

BoonyPC
Feb 19, 2007

Zzulu posted:

i got a 4 pack

i can not see or feel the missing 2 muscles of my 6 pack

same...one day the other 2 will appear.

I cant go to Gym for a few weeks in January as I will have kids for their School Holidays. So I bought a spin bike for cardio and plan to do a heap of bodyweight stuff everyday.

Will see if they appear after that.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
It's $70 a month. Apparently the insurance won't do the testosterone unless my levels are lower. Although, if I do have thyroid issues, which can be a real thing and my mom has problems too, I'd potentially go through them for T3 therapy.

Honestly, I think I just run with this HCG for the next 4 weeks and then crash my T levels before my next checkup.

LordArgh posted:

2 days before blood test:

Go through a heavy heavy heavy workout. Then have sex. Then a really high intensity bodybuilding type workout. Then force yourself to beat off as much as possible to the point that you can't get off. And minimal sleep. Both days.

89 fucked around with this message at 20:41 on Dec 29, 2016

bone app the teeth
May 14, 2008

89 posted:

2 days before blood test:

Go through a heavy heavy heavy workout. Then have sex. Then a really high intensity bodybuilding type workout. Then force yourself to beat off as much as possible to the point that you can't get off. And minimal sleep. Both days.

so my usual day then

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
They were explaining it to me that it's not necessarily the amount of testosterone after a certain level, but the level of "available" or "free" testosterone. Mine was at 8.7 and they want to get it between 10-15

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tolkien minority
Feb 14, 2012

sassassin posted:

It would have gone on indefinitely if I hadn't eventually done my 8 weeks no lifting (or driving) routine.

Idk how long it's been since I injured myself (bit over a month?) but I feel like I'm almost recovered and I'm so so ready to get back into the gym. Being sedentary is terrible