Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all
One of my best friends is about 15 years younger than his brothers and sister, give or take a couple years in either direction. He just slid in there right before menopause, I suppose. My buddy's dad died while he was still pretty young. :smith:

As far as I was told it was one of those, "what do you mean I'm pregnant," moments, and his parents just decided to roll with it. Drummer, author, goofball, father, husband; he's a p cool cat, all told.

My parents were a lot more firm about stopping at two, three years apart. Vasectomy and poo poo after that. Good choice. Shoulda stopped at one, though. Then you wouldn't have to read my posts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe
I still don't understand why twitch is a thing. Who the hell wants to watch someone else play video games?

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬
When I was 19 my dad went and had 2 more kids with his second wife. I'm 22 years older than my youngest brother.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

54 40 or gently caress posted:

I feel like the whole thing is a relationships post waiting to happen because she has all these nasty guys creeping on her and asking if she has a boyfriend and her usual response is "regretfully I'm taken but I'll let you know if anything changes :)" and I can't imagine that feels good to her boyfriend

Haha that is so parhetic and degrading, for everyone involved

bone app the teeth
May 14, 2008

54 40 or gently caress posted:

she has a boyfriend and her usual response is "regretfully I'm taken but I'll let you know if anything changes :)"

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost

tactlessbastard posted:

I still don't understand why twitch is a thing. Who the hell wants to watch someone else play video games?

they give them money too

Khorne
May 1, 2002

tactlessbastard posted:

It's the same reason tv stations exist in 2016? A never ending stream of content that you can pay attention to while doing other things. And twitch is ad-free with tons of fresh, fun content? While tv stations are reruns, 40% commercials, and don't even have great programming at all hours. On top of that, twitch broadcasters directly interact with viewers and communities form in the chat rooms. To the extent that twitch and discord are the irc of 2016.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Still dumb af

forbidden dialectics
Jul 26, 2005

tactlessbastard posted:

The answer, whenever you see stupid poo poo on the internet that makes no sense to you, is "kids".

Stunt_enby
Feb 6, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Khorne posted:

It's the same reason tv stations exist in 2016? A never ending stream of content that you can pay attention to while doing other things. And twitch is ad-free with tons of fresh, fun content? While tv stations are reruns, 40% commercials, and don't even have great programming at all hours. On top of that, twitch broadcasters directly interact with viewers and communities form in the chat rooms. To the extent that twitch and discord are the irc of 2016.
source your quotes

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001
"tons of fresh, fun content"

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

Khorne posted:

fresh, fun content

If you say so.

54 40 or fuck
Jan 4, 2012

No Yanda's allowed

Professor Shark posted:

Haha that is so parhetic and degrading, for everyone involved

It's bad. At first she tried to play it off like she wanted to build a fan base by pandering to them, then start trying out for a patreon/selling prints of her photos but unfortunately there's about 1000 other woman doing it and better already so it really hasn't been the financial success she had hoped. I think it's just about attention. We look pretty similar so at least I know thousands of gross creeps would beat off to me if I attempted something similar :smugmrgw:

bone app the teeth
May 14, 2008

quote:

My boyfriend [28 M] is overly jealous and controlling of me [25 F] and goes through my phone when I am asleep. [2+ year relationship]

Alright, so, my boyfriend is the kind of guy that everyone who meets him would describe him as the nicest guy ever - he's super charismatic, outgoing, funny, you know the type. It's part of why I fell in love with him. But as you know, once you delve more deeply into the relationship, and as time passes, you learn more about the person and start to see beyond the rose coloured glasses. He definitely has a "mask" he wears when we're at social events, talking to parents, coworkers - kind of like a "work voice", if that makes sense? It's kind of like he's putting on a show. Obviously, he doesn't act that way around me anymore. I know him in and out, all the good, all the bad - as he does about me. We've lived together for a year and a bit now, and I have my own share of mental health issues (which he knew about when we began dating), and have definitely been a rollercoaster for the better part of our relationship. I'm not perfect by any means, and I don't mean to convey that at any point in this post. Okay, I'll get to the point now.

So, he's always given me small hints about the idea that he's a very "protective" person ever since we started dating. I use quotations because his behaviour has never been "protective", but overbearing, jealous, and invasive. It's gotten progressively worse over the course of time, and it's usually elevated when he's drunk. He gets extremely possessive, but not in a way that could be seen as a loving or endearing facet of jealousy, such as getting upset over another man looking at me or flirting with me(which does get him aggravated, but not even close to the point of anger he gets to when things are "my fault"). He instead gets angry with me for things like wearing makeup or a dress, or posting a photo of myself on social media. It's passive aggressive at first - a snide comment about how I "don't need to dress up so much for this place", or "why are you wearing fake eyelashes? who are you trying to impress?" - things like that. He's openly expressed how he thinks that everything I do is for attention and that I'm self-centered and everything I do is for male approval and attention. He "doesn't buy" that women like to do things for themselves, and rejects the idea of women taking ownership of their bodies and doing what they please with them. (I should note - I do not post explicit, nude, or implied photos, though I don't think it should matter if a woman wants to show herself off, but he makes it seem like I'm posting full frontal nudity if take a selfie in a t-shirt and jeans.)

So, with all of this jealousy, all of which is taken out on me, things have gotten worse over time. We've fought over men trying to flirt with me, with it being "me not shooting them down 'hard enough'", things like that, and it had come to the point that I was basically "not allowed" to speak to any males. Even male friends that I had conversations with were met with a disapproving, passive aggressive attitude and snide remarks about how they're "just trying to gently caress me" and that "no one wants to be my friend, they just want to get in my pants" "no guy wants to just be friends with a girl, you're so stupid and naive", etc. I got to the point where I was even afraid to have a text conversation with a male friend. He would go through my phone when I wasn't in the room, and I caught him multiple times and asked him what he was doing. He seemed ashamed at first, claimed it was because his ex cheated on him with a guy she was texting, and that she'd always turn her phone over and it was a trigger for him. I tried to respect that, keep my phone "up", but never had anything to hide.

Then, things went too far. I usually keep my phone charging beside my bed, and one night I had had a few drinks and wound up with it underneath my pillow. Multiple times, I've woken up to zero notifications, only to find that I had a bunch of notifications and texts, but the phone had obviously been unlocked and searched through so the notifications had disappeared. I tried to ignore it, but I actually woke up to him rummaging underneath my pillow in an attempt to get into my phone.. I asked him what was going on and he was drunk and indignant, asking why I was "hiding my phone". I rolled my eyes and rolled over and tried to ignore it. Things escalated and we got in a huge fight. This continued to happen, and I got increasingly more protective of my phone because he would NOT. STOP. GOING. THROUGH. EVERYTHING. I have absolutely nothing to hide, but I feel like he should respect that people should have their own things and be entitled to a certain degree of privacy.

We've had this same fight more times than I can count, and he's gone to the point of threatening my male friends that I've had platonic conversations with (I've never cheated on him and never would in a million years, and I've asked him if he believes that, and he said he does, so I do not understand this AT ALL). Every time we have this fight, I tell him to stop, and he says he will. Then he does it again. When I've pressed him about it, he's said that he's not going to stop, and that "people in relationships shouldn't have anything to hide" "my sister and her husband have an open phone policy" - like that matters to me?

Anyways, I love him, I really do, but I am so sick of feeling like I am always doing something wrong by simply having a cell phone. I feel like a criminal that needs to have inspections done with a parole officer, and I didn't even do anything to deserve this. I've never cheated, and never would. I don't know what his incessant desire is with my phone and going through my things, but I don't know how much more I can take. It's actually pushed me away more than anything.

TL/DR I love my boyfriend but he goes through my phone while I'm asleep and defends his actions despite me never having done anything to warrant this type of behaviour.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Holy loving poo poo run

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
twitch chatrooms are hives of scum and villainy, count me on being glad I'm not part of that "community"

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:
My boyfriend is perfect except for being a paranoid rear end in a top hat, soon to be a stalker

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001

You know, you can see that this girl realizes exactly what's going on, but somehow doesn't seem to have gotten to the point where she realizes she needs to get out. Like, she says right in the beginning that her boyfriend claims to be "protective" but it's just jealous controlling bullshit, and it's been steadily escalating. Better get out before she realizes she's been completely isolated from her friends and family as she tries to preemptively defuse fights by ignoring texts and withdrawing from social networks where he can see her post

She isn't even asking for advice or anything in that post, just venting, it seems like. At least, I don't see any questions in it

Sjs00
Jun 29, 2013

Yeah Baby Yeah !
That's it; I'm never dating another human being. Losing it to an alien or some helium based lifeforms

Tiny Deer
Jan 16, 2012

Khorne posted:

Every time I remember there are people willing to pay other people to play video games for their viewing pleasure I realize Black Mirror isn't dystopian enough.

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

zakharov posted:

My boyfriend is perfect except for being a paranoid rear end in a top hat, soon to be a stalker

I would bet money he's cheating on her, too. People always assume others are are lovely as they are.

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Sjs00 posted:

That's it; I'm never dating another human being. Losing it to an alien or some helium based lifeforms

I have a body that has been described as alien like is that close enough

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Tiny Deer posted:

Every time I remember there are people willing to pay other people to play video games for their viewing pleasure I realize Black Mirror isn't dystopian enough.

yes, the fact that some people find entertainment in a way that you personally dislike is evidence that humanity is doomed

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!

Pvt.Scott posted:

One of my best friends is about 15 years younger than his brothers and sister, give or take a couple years in either direction. He just slid in there right before menopause, I suppose. My buddy's dad died while he was still pretty young. :smith:

As far as I was told it was one of those, "what do you mean I'm pregnant," moments, and his parents just decided to roll with it. Drummer, author, goofball, father, husband; he's a p cool cat, all told.

My parents were a lot more firm about stopping at two, three years apart. Vasectomy and poo poo after that. Good choice. Shoulda stopped at one, though. Then you wouldn't have to read my posts.

My MIL's sister is 17 years younger than her. I've heard the term "change of life baby" before which means that the woman was on the verge or in early stages of menopause when she got pregnant.

Tiny Deer
Jan 16, 2012

SirSamVimes posted:

yes, the fact that some people find entertainment in a way that you personally dislike is evidence that humanity is doomed

Wait, is humanity doomed in Black Mirror? I thought it was more about how humanity is a bunch of assholes.

And these Twitch people seem like a bunch of assholes.

Edit: like watch whatever the heck you want, man, all power to you. I'm posting in this thread, I'm not exactly in a position to judge.

Tiny Deer fucked around with this message at 22:38 on Dec 29, 2016

datajugend
Jan 15, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

Groovelord Neato posted:

a 16 year gap between siblings is extremely weird.

Oh its extremely weird now. If you have one or two kids maybe, but not all parents stop loving and suddenly nr. 4 can be 16 years younger. Its not uncommon to move out around 16-18 for school here, so that could be a reason.

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.

Gluten Freeman posted:

maybe don't date a teenager, dude!

lol "i made the mistake of giving him a blowjob"

You know how when you get drunk and trip over your own feet and fall face-first on a dick? Happens all the time.

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

Tiny Deer posted:

Wait, is humanity doomed in Black Mirror? I thought it was more about how humanity is a bunch of assholes.

And these Twitch people seem like a bunch of assholes.

Edit: like watch whatever the heck you want, man, all power to you. I'm posting in this thread, I'm not exactly in a position to judge.

well it's anthological so not necessarily but I would describe many of them as dystopian to the point of absolute destruction being inevitable

flick my Mr. Bean
Nov 18, 2014

Panfilo posted:

When I was 19 my dad went and had 2 more kids with his second wife. I'm 22 years older than my youngest brother.

My coworker has been married three times and has nine kids ranging from ages thirty-three to seven months.

flick my Mr. Bean fucked around with this message at 22:47 on Dec 29, 2016

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

flick my Mr. Bean posted:

My coworker has been married three time and has nine kids ranging from ages thirty-three to seven months.

Maybe those child free folks are on to something.

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

Ride The Gravitron posted:

maybe, the truth is in the middle

flick my Mr. Bean
Nov 18, 2014

Ranma Fan Art posted:

maybe, the truth is in the middle

1.5 wives and 4.5 children sounds good.

Ride The Gravitron posted:

Probably but on the other hand, his oldest kid has been extremely successful and has more money than he knows what to do with so maybe the idea is to have as many kids as possible so at least one of them can set you up in a first class retirement home.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Pvt.Scott posted:

my dad got a vasectomy once my parents had the three they wanted.

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001
Everyone please keep posting lists of sibling ages I love it

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

Dial-a-Dog posted:

Everyone please keep posting lists of sibling ages I love it

35 32 21

WAY TO GO WAMPA!!
Oct 27, 2007

:slick: :slick: :slick: :slick:
I [13M] will accept nothing less than a 80 inch TV after my brother [17M] broke my old one. My mom laughed in my face.

quote:

1. Mom's rich.

2. My brother broke my old one.

TL;DR: My stupid brother broke my TV and I want a new TV. I will accept nothing less than the biggest TV for my room. My mom laughed at me.

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001

ty

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009

WAY TO GO WAMPA!! posted:

I [13M] will accept nothing less than a 80 inch TV after my brother [17M] broke my old one. My mom laughed in my face.

a good mom

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

How about the brother replaces the TV with a TV the same size as the old one?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

How big was the old tv?