Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
In Training
Jun 28, 2008

If OBS wasn't a butthole about this game and I had level 15 in Colorado I would try to make a speed run video

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

here's a route i found for silent ninja with no smuggled items. skip 3:35 to 4:45 and 7:20 to 11:10 because it's just waiting

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q-cN9h2MIs0

now to optimize

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

i want the ninja outfit on every level

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

oddium posted:

Me too, but we do get the santa outfit on every level

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
The little animation of 47 kneeling at the mountain pass with the katana sticking out of the ground is both hilarious and badass.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

5:45 is gold

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

oddium posted:

here's a route i found for silent ninja with no smuggled items. skip 3:35 to 4:45 and 7:20 to 11:10 because it's just waiting

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q-cN9h2MIs0

now to optimize

This was my SASO run so I should have just done it as a ninja

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

In Training posted:

This was my SASO run so I should have just done it as a ninja

The ninja counts as a disguise

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

https://zippy.gfycat.com/RepentantAptHare.webm

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
After all these shady targets who are into all kinds of horrible poo poo, I just want the client for the food critic to be a disgruntled restaurateur who got a bad review.

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy

lmao ragdolls have always been the best thing about Hitman. I can still remember launching goons over the villa walls with the hardballers in Hitman 2 like 15 years ago

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

MeatwadIsGod posted:

Gonna go home and try some escalations in Bangkok so I can get my weight up for the next elusive target. I still don't know of a surreptitious way to erase surveillance footage so I probably need to learn where all the cameras are and memorize how to avoid and/or shoot them

First time around I just triggered a fire alarm to get the cops to leave and walked in while one was walking out

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

MeatwadIsGod posted:

The little animation of 47 kneeling at the mountain pass with the katana sticking out of the ground is both hilarious and badass.

If you have a sniper in the stash there and pick up before picking the sword, the prompt switches to Swap because they both occupy the large weapon slot and when you swap em the sniper sticks vertically out of the snow for like half a second before slowly falling off the cliff lol

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
"both hilarious and badass" is this entire game

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

oddium posted:

Im kinda surprised Hokkaido doesn't have something like the Himmapam Horror or Vampire Magician challenges for the ninja outfit. Were those added later?

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

In Training posted:

Im kinda surprised Hokkaido doesn't have something like the Himmapam Horror or Vampire Magician challenges for the ninja outfit. Were those added later?

yes they were

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

elf help book posted:

yes they were

:pray: for a ninja challenge list that perma unlocks the costume

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

frank.club posted:

There might be a few skewed or unreachable times on Bangkok and before. The unsilenced sniper rifle used to be able to pierce through like any level geometry so people were pulling off insane times.
I think there might be other reasons for the skewed or unreachable times on these leaderboards. I don't like to call cheating but look at the #1 colorado time lol

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

I think there might be other reasons for the skewed or unreachable times on these leaderboards. I don't like to call cheating but look at the #1 colorado time lol

This might actually be a guy doing sniper shots on the water tower.

E: or something, he'd still have to do the face scan, which would take almost exactly that time lol

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Every level on PC the top 100 times on the leaderboard are people beating all the levels in under a minute

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

frank.club posted:

This might actually be a guy doing sniper shots on the water tower.

E: or something, he'd still have to do the face scan, which would take almost exactly that time lol
people would spot the bodies anyway. Sniper Assassin in Colorado must be the least fun thing ever, you'd have to knock out loads of people just to get set up

Lunchmeat Larry fucked around with this message at 01:00 on Dec 30, 2016

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

elf help book posted:

its appropriate that lvl 20 on bangkok unlocks the subsonic pistol, so you can shoot out every camera on earth

describe the subsonic pistol to me

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

rediscover posted:

describe the subsonic pistol to me

It's gold and perfectly silent. Lower damage and accuracy than the Silverballer though

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Revisiting levels for the bonus missions is like meeting up with an old friend.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

I keep trying to treat this game realistically (e.g. "this guard WILL eventually realize his boss isn't coming out of that bathroom......... right?") instead of like the video game it is and I think that's why I've struggled to attach to it before

The veneer is peeling away and I'm starting to see a Good Game

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Still haven't tried an Escalation or left Paris though

Ciaphas fucked around with this message at 01:14 on Dec 30, 2016

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

In Training posted:

It's gold and perfectly silent. Lower damage and accuracy than the Silverballer though

this

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Ciaphas posted:

I keep trying to treat this game realistically (e.g. "this guard WILL eventually realize his boss isn't coming out of that bathroom......... right?") instead of like the video game it is and I think that's why I've struggled to attach to it before

The veneer is peeling away and I'm starting to see a Good Game
imo the only part that stays kind of weird/jarring is when you finish one assassination in a sort of obvious/violent/brutal manner and then the rest of the level including the other target is just people meandering about talking about the guy who was just found in a hallway with a fire axe in his skull. like, I'm listening to target #2 talk about how they dislike target #1 and are plotting against them but will have to go and see them soon, when all the guards just yelled over the radio that target #1 was squashed by a giant moose or whatever in front of 6 horrified witnesses. its fine though

though I did lol playing one of the bonus missions when the target was brutally eaten by a giant robot in front of every NPC in the level and two of them, watching it happen, had a pleasant conversation about how the giant robot's jaws could be dangerous, I guess because the animation was still in progress and it counted as an accident kill so nobody was panicking except those really near him. Hitman's NPCs are dumb as gently caress and I love them all

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Doing escalations in 3 seconds with explosives is really gratifyingly btw. After playing the game so carefully for so long

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy

Ciaphas posted:

Still haven't tried an Escalation though

The escalations are overtly really "gamey" because you're given a set of conditions for killing people that get gradually more complex. They're pretty fun.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I dunno how to do th colorado or hokkaido escalations past like level 2

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I'm doing the Hokkaido one right now and it's pretty cool. I'm on stage 3

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

people would spot the bodies anyway. Sniper Assassin in Colorado must be the least fun thing ever, you'd have to knock out loads of people just to get set up

bodies found doesn't count against sniper assassin, you just have to not be found, which is easy enough

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I did the ninja tweak by just waiting for the prof to be on the bridge, stealing the diamonds and running back up to throw a shuriken at him and then just sprinted to an exit

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

That same strat works for all 5 levels by the way. Got kinda boring after the 4th run in a row of the exact same kill

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

In Training posted:

wait are the regular silenced pistols not perfectly silent?

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

rediscover posted:

wait are the regular silenced pistols not perfectly silent?

nope

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

i dont think subsonic is perfectly silent either but its way quieter

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Trying to steal all 12 items before the burglars get them is gonna be a royal pain in the rear end

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

i just watched a youtube of it to learn the route. it takes like 3 minutes and it's pretty easy but then you have to wait like 10 minutes for them to both go to the end :whitewater:

• Locked thread