Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bone app the teeth
May 14, 2008

quote:

Me [22F] with my boyfriend [25M] obsessed with cartoon characters

I've always known he has had a 'thing' for cartoon characters and always laughed it off but now things have become more serious, he has been printing off more pictures of cartoon characters than usual. He's also been looking at those giant cardboard cut outs on Ebay. He said cartoon characters really 'turn him on' and not to be jealous. I'm not jealous, just really weirded out. Surely it's not normal?? He mainly prints out Looney Tunes characters.

Edit: He also told me that when he younger he had make believe fantasy relationships with cartoon characters. Apparently the only people who know about this are his Mom and myself.

TL;DR: Boyfriend obsessed with cartoon characters

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
In Victorian times, it was considered immoral to read fiction to children because they would not be able to, as they developed, distinguish the real from the unreal. I think they were on to something.

Themata
Dec 10, 2011

If you want a pizza this pie
You can crust that
I won't cheese on you
Dance on the groove flour
And I'll give you a disco-unt
im a 22 year old data base engineering with no comprihensiun of the english languige or understanding why parigraphs matter lol i'm a 6.4 mixed model with race conditions hit me up if u wanna mix sum drinks and i get payed alotta money if noone has a problem with that lets get crispy creamed :P

54 40 or fuck
Jan 4, 2012

No Yanda's allowed

Themata posted:

im a 22 year old data base engineering with no comprihensiun of the english languige or understanding why parigraphs matter lol i'm a 6.4 mixed model with race conditions hit me up if u wanna mix sum drinks and i get payed alotta money if noone has a problem with that lets get crispy creamed :P

Lol if you think this is not true for many engineers

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

54 40 or gently caress posted:

Lol if you think this is not true for many engineers

But they're superior people.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Gaunab posted:

This guy almost has it all figured out

This guy is a True Detective, too bad his wide is cheating on him

Sjs00
Jun 29, 2013

Yeah Baby Yeah !
Hey no fat shaming

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all

Ranma Fan Art posted:

Jesus Christ that guy is a real piece of loving poo poo

Yeah, Professor X talks a big game about consent and using his powers for good, but when it comes right down to it, he's getting his way whether you like it or not. He's probably thumbing his way through your most embarrassing memories before he's even finished shaking your hand.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Does Prof X have stairs in his house?

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

Pvt.Scott posted:

Yeah, Professor X talks a big game about consent and using his powers for good, but when it comes right down to it, he's getting his way whether you like it or not. He's probably thumbing his way through your most embarrassing memories before he's even finished shaking your hand.

hearty chuckle

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Does Prof X have stairs in his house?

well the X-Mansion has been blown up so many times that it's probably hard to give a truly categorical answer, but it's basically always been depicted as multi-level

which is a longwinded way of saying yes

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

LGD posted:

well the X-Mansion has been blown up so many times that it's probably hard to give a truly categorical answer, but it's basically always been depicted as multi-level

which is a longwinded way of saying yes

The panel before this had someone saying, "I know your weakness, Charles...", doesn't it?

Troposphere
Jul 11, 2005

psycho killer
qu'est-ce que c'est?
I think x-men evolution was a sexual awakening for a lot of people in our generation, I think which character that got to you says a lot about your personality

mine was rogue ofc

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

MF_James posted:

I don't even know what to say about this. Pretty sure this is some white dude that's all LOLBLACKASIANSAMIRITE?

What part do you find unrealistic?

If it is a troll, who is it trolling, and why would it set them off?

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
Take your x-men chat to batman's shameful secret

quote:

Help Me [29 M] stop crushing on my wife's sister [23F]

Dear Reddit

Teach me how to stop having a crush on someone I have to be around all the time. I have no intention of acting on my feelings but they are driving me absolutely insane. Here's the situation:

I'm happily married to a gorgeous woman who I adore. We have one child together and are getting along great. She has a large family, and recently one of her younger sisters has needed a place to live temporarily as she had an unavoidable situation with her previous housing arrangement. Her sister and I get along great, we always have.

However, I am finding myself growing increasingly attracted to her over time. There are several reasons for this. She and my wife have been mistaken for twins at times. She looks a bit younger, and looks almost exactly like my wife did when we first met and fell in love. They have uncanny similarities in looks and expressions and little fidgety things they both do. People tease them about their similarities regularly. Living with her is like living with a younger version of my wife. Which is great, except that I don't want to have these feelings for her. It doesn't help that she dresses very scantily like most girls her age. I don't think she is intentionally trying to attract me, its just how she has always been. I am having dreams about her, and finding myself day dreaming about her. I don't want this.

So please, help me destroy this feeling so that I can go back to having a completely platonic relationship with my sister in law. I love her dearly and very much enjoy the time spent with her but want it to be completely innocent both in practice as well as in my mind and feelings.

TL/DR: Have developed feelings and attraction to my wife's sister. Do not want. Halp.

Gable Oak
Apr 19, 2005
Internet Shepherdess
Gary’s Answer

La Brea Carpet posted:

Weeabro can't do calorie counting because it's "too Western"...

I hope someone points Weeabro to the Reddit classic Mamasan diet plan.

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

Dienes posted:

The panel before this had someone saying, "I know your weakness, Charles...", doesn't it?

Pretty much

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Pick posted:

yes but also the beautiful jean grey from x-men evolution, my second childhood cartoon crush after eliza from gargoyles

I have nothing against your posts but they're usually quite brief and now with the red title take up twice as much space or more. I just wanted to let whoever bought that know that I am extremely upset right now regarding the extra scrolling. Hopefully knowing someone was made upset will increase their sense of accomplishment :3:

quote:

Help Me [29 M] stop crushing on my wife's sister [23F]

Dear Reddit

Teach me how to stop having a crush on someone I have to be around all the time. I have no intention of acting on my feelings but they are driving me absolutely insane. Here's the situation:

I'm happily married to a gorgeous woman who I adore. We have one child together and are getting along great. She has a large family, and recently one of her younger sisters has needed a place to live temporarily as she had an unavoidable situation with her previous housing arrangement. Her sister and I get along great, we always have.

However, I am finding myself growing increasingly attracted to her over time. There are several reasons for this. She and my wife have been mistaken for twins at times. She looks a bit younger, and looks almost exactly like my wife did when we first met and fell in love. They have uncanny similarities in looks and expressions and little fidgety things they both do. People tease them about their similarities regularly. Living with her is like living with a younger version of my wife. Which is great, except that I don't want to have these feelings for her. It doesn't help that she dresses very scantily like most girls her age. I don't think she is intentionally trying to attract me, its just how she has always been. I am having dreams about her, and finding myself day dreaming about her. I don't want this.

So please, help me destroy this feeling so that I can go back to having a completely platonic relationship with my sister in law. I love her dearly and very much enjoy the time spent with her but want it to be completely innocent both in practice as well as in my mind and feelings.

TL/DR: Have developed feelings and attraction to my wife's sister. Do not want. Halp.

Holy crap it's figuratively the husband from the wife's story a ways back where her attractive little slut of a sister moved in trying to tantalize her husband (but not really) at every opportunity.

Looks like the little minx is really getting into both their heads. The best possible ending to the story is a happy and consensual threesome and when incest is involved in your best case scenario you know things aren't looking great.

It's pretty sad, but even with all of his protestations to the contrary and desire not to make the wrong decision if the sister came into his room naked I doubt he'd hesitate for a second and proceed to ruin the foundation of his entire existence. Most men are seriously that dumb when sex with attractive women is involved.

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

i think the best case scenario might be for the sister to move out actually!

Giraffe
Dec 12, 2005

Soiled Meat

quote:

My friend [19 M] and I (19M) with his girlfriend [19 F] of 4 months had a threesome a couple times, they were going to get engaged but now she's having second thoughts because of me.

I don't know what to do, my best friend of about 6 years (lets call him Buddy) is about to go back to his duty station after his leave is up. He's known his girlfriend (lets call her sally) since middle school and they just started dating a few months ago. I told him not to rush but he didn't listen and now they have plans to get married in the next few months.
But not anymore, just a few minutes ago I got a message from Sally asking me if we could talk in private the next time we saw each other, I accepted and asked her what it was about. The conversation ensues..
Me : Yeah sure thing
Sally : My heads just everywhere
Me: Is it bad?
Sally : For buddy and I yes
Me: Oh my god ( I already knew what was coming )
Sally: :(
Sally: Not like I expected this to happen
Me: Dude you guys are supposed to be getting married
Sally: Okay fine just make me feel like poo poo
Me: (Goes on about how Buddy and her shouldnt of rushed things)
Sally: I know...
Sally: You know when you have sex with someone you can just feel right from wrong?
Me: Yes, and?
Sally: When buddy and I have sex I just lose all my emotional attachments to him, but with you its different...
Sally: Just promise we will talk about it in private..
Me: Fine
I don't know how exactly to handle this situation without causing so much pain. My best friend wants to marry this girl but shes busy thinking about me, and I never intended for that to happen, ever. I think we are going to talk about it tomorrow and I can already tell shes gonna start spewing some lovey dovey poo poo at me. I do love her personality and all but I feel like she took my friendliness and acceptance as a close friend the wrong way and now shes going to try to pursue something with me.
I just need help with what to say to her when she starts spewing this poo poo at me. And I also need to know how to tell my friend whats happening without destroying him or her. Please. Help.
tl;dr my best friend and his girlfriend planned on getting married, we had a threesome a couple times, now she's showing signs that shes into me instead and doesnt want to marry my friend.
EDIT: Thank you guys very much for all of the advice. I won't be meeting with her in private and instead I will be having a 1 on 1 with my buddy to try to figure this out the best I can. I appreciate everyone who threw in their two cents.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Real stunner for you guys.

quote:

I [M23] accidentally fell into a "fat" trap my gf [24] threw.Relationships
submitted 3 hours ago by CSBBBB
Preface: My gf is not fat. At most, the beginning stages of "out of shape." I am very, very attracted to her. 2yrs living together.
A few minutes ago, I was working out in our living room. I habitually do simple body weight exercises, and my gf usually will go about her business.
Today, I started to do pushups, and she decided to sit on my shoulders. Cool, let's do it. I do a few with her on my back, and I'm feeling pretty good about myself. Not being a particularly strong guy, I quickly get out of breath.
She smiles and says, "I'm glad my fat rear end can help you work out for once."
Wheezing, not really paying attention, I say, "Yeah."
...silence...
"You called me fat!" she says.
She has a good sense of huomr, but can be self conscious. She's in the shower now, possibly with hurt feelings.
TLDR; accidentally agreed to my gf calling herself fat.
What do I do???

My favorite part: What do I do? Really sums up the utter cluelessness of everyone involved here.

My girlfriend has a history, from high school and college, of eating disorders so I am careful what I say to her, especially when it's non-humorous. But if she set herself up like this I would dunk on her so hard. It's a trap, but not in the way he thinks :P

quote:

My (25/F) boyfriend (26/M) of two years wants me to choose between him and my job.Relationships
submitted 12 hours ago by noceilings91
The title makes him sound like a controlling jerk-off, so allow me to explain.
We've been together two years. I work in new media, and he works in the food service industry. Right now, he's the manager of a fast food restaurant. I have two degrees. He dropped out of university in the first semester. As you can see, there's a bit of an imbalance in terms of school and career. This has never bothered me. Not once. And I don't care that he dropped out. Many of my friends dropped out of school, and they're all doing well. Having a university degree doesn't make you any better than anyone else. I truly believe that.
That said, my boyfriend has always felt a little insecure with regards to our minor differences. Our first year together, he masked it pretty well, but in our second year, when he happened to cross paths with an ex of mine at a friends party, he saw how successful my ex was, and he decided to finally open up to me about his insecurities. I told him he has nothing to be ashamed of, and that I'll support him in whatever he chooses to do. I'm not with him for money or personal gain. I'm with him because I love him, and because he's solid and dependable, and an overall good person.
For a while he was okay. Not anymore. Around one month ago, my boss had informed me of a career opportunity in Seoul. I've always wanted to go there, but I've never really had a reason until now. I told my boyfriend about it, and he was excited for me at first. I'm to go for three months, and then I'll come back. It's temporary. And if he's interested, he can come visit me courtesy of the company for which I work. It really is an amazing opportunity. But last night, he stood beside me as I was brushing my teeth and he told me he can't be without me for that long. Of course, three months is a long time when you've only been with someone for two years, but like I said, it's temporary. I'm definitely going to come back. He's aware of this.
I tried to comfort him. I reminded him of the free trip and the fact that we said we would talk for everyday I'm away. But he's being very stubborn about this. He keeps saying things like, "What if you meet someone? Why can't you just stay? We can go to Seoul in the summer for a vacation. You don't have to go alone. Just stay. Why are you choosing your job over your partner?"
That last question really hurts me. This isn't a competition. This is my livelihood, my dream. If he were invited to work at a fancy restaurant in London, I wouldn't hold him back at all. Not for one second. I would be happy for him, regardless of the distance his job would entail ... and again, the distance in this situation is not going to be permanent.
He also said something to the effect of, "Can't they send someone else. A million people can do your job at that company." And yeah, that hurts, too. I'm well aware that I'm replaceable, but my boss chose me for the overseas job for a reason. I've been working my rear end off for years. I've never taken a sick day. More often than not, I'm one of the first people in the office and one of the last ones to leave. This opportunity wasn't just given to me by chance. I worked for it, and I deserve every bit of it.
So now I'm just sitting in front of my desk, wondering what to say to my boyfriend when I see him at the apartment tonight. He said some pretty hurtful poo poo to me last night, and although I'm pretty sure he didn't mean any of it in a bad way, he should know better. We're in our mid-twenties, we've been through so much together. I've given him so much of myself, and he can't wait three months for me?
Am I wrong in thinking that's bullshit?
tl;dr I have a job opportunity overseas. It's going to last three months and then I'll be back. My boyfriend, who has always been slightly insecure about the fact that (1) he dropped out of college and I have two degrees and (2) the fact that he works at a fast food restaurant while I work for a pretty huge company, doesn't want me to go because he thinks I'm going to forget about him. I tried to comfort him, but he basically told me I'm a dime a dozen in my field and that I should ask my boss to send someone else overseas. He knows how important this is to me, so I'm rightfully very upset. He said those things to me last night. Now I'm wondering what I should say when I come home today. I've worked so hard. It's not fair of him to say I'm putting my job above our relationship. Right?

Insecurity ruins a perfectly good thing, mk. 1,000,000,000,000. Seriously, the fact that she is even considering the ultimatum is incredible. And the fact that a fast food worker had the balls to make such an ultimatum equally so. People so often their own worst enemies.

Play fucked around with this message at 05:59 on Dec 30, 2016

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Ranma Fan Art posted:

i think the best case scenario might be for the sister to move out actually!

Okay, you got me there, but does he even present that as an option? No, because I doubt he actually wants that. Not to mention how exactly would he explain that to his wife, "We need to kick your sister out into the cold because she's like a hotter, younger, better in every way version of you and I am unable to control myself."

Even if he figured out a way to get his wife to buy into the idea that the sister has to go, I don't actually believe that's what he wants to happen. He wants reddit to help him figure out how to dispel the attraction but going by the language he uses to describe his wife's sister it's not going too well so far.

Anony Mouse
Jan 30, 2005

A name means nothing on the battlefield. After a week, no one has a name.
Lipstick Apathy

quote:

...silence...
God I hate hate hate insecure people who fish for validation like this. No need to :sever: or anything but he should (gently) make it clear that he did nothing wrong and her behavior is not okay. Otherwise it will spiral out of control until he's walking on eggshells and constantly cradling her fragile ego from herself.

Theokotos
Jan 22, 2015

Fallen Rib

posted:

...silence...

I can't imagine this as anything but her laughing, gleefully jumping off his back, and running off to take a victory shower :3:

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Giraffe posted:

My friend [19 M] and I (19M) with his girlfriend [19 F] of 4 months had a threesome a couple times, they were going to get engaged but now she's having second thoughts because of me.
They should thank the OP for doing them a favor and keeping them from getting married at 19.

sout
Apr 24, 2014

mobby_6kl posted:

They should thank the OP for doing them a favor and keeping them from getting married at 19.

Yep, also: 4 months!
I'm sure there have been very successful marriages between people who've been together for 4 months, and successful marriages which started at age 19 but boy neither of those sound like a great idea.

ZombieJesus
Feb 26, 2005

He died for your sins, he rose for your BRAINS

Play posted:

I've been working my rear end off for years. I've never taken a sick day.

I'm the American that thinks taking a sick day is a sign of being bad at one's job. *Works self into a psychological mess, takes antidepressants*

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
I'm the guy with flu and strep throat who shows up and coughs all over the place cause he's such a hard worker

54 40 or fuck
Jan 4, 2012

No Yanda's allowed

Play posted:

Real stunner for you guys.

My favorite part: What do I do? Really sums up the utter cluelessness of everyone involved here.

My girlfriend has a history, from high school and college, of eating disorders so I am careful what I say to her, especially when it's non-humorous. But if she set herself up like this I would dunk on her so hard. It's a trap, but not in the way he thinks :P

Insecurity ruins a perfectly good thing, mk. 1,000,000,000,000. Seriously, the fact that she is even considering the ultimatum is incredible. And the fact that a fast food worker had the balls to make such an ultimatum equally so. People so often their own worst enemies.

Holy poo poo I seriously hope she doesnt throw such an amazing opportunity away because of this.

ZombieJesus posted:

I'm the American that thinks taking a sick day is a sign of being bad at one's job. *Works self into a psychological mess, takes antidepressants*
It's the worst at work when someone has a cold/the flu/strep and comes into work anyways

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

Is today's derail going to be sick days. Because nobody gives a poo poo if you get ill or don't get ill.

Ratjaculation fucked around with this message at 13:48 on Dec 30, 2016

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

im going to suck your dick

Cless Alvein
May 25, 2007
Bloopity Bloo

54 40 or gently caress posted:

Holy poo poo I seriously hope she doesnt throw such an amazing opportunity away because of this.

It's the worst at work when someone has a cold/the flu/strep and comes into work anyways

She really should take it and not even think about. Dude has got to realize what an opportunity it is. 3 months sucks yeah, but isn't the end of he world.

Plus the company will pay to send him to visit her for a couple weeks. Wtf kind of awesome place does she work for?

54 40 or fuck
Jan 4, 2012

No Yanda's allowed

Cless Alvein posted:

She really should take it and not even think about. Dude has got to realize what an opportunity it is. 3 months sucks yeah, but isn't the end of he world.

Plus the company will pay to send him to visit her for a couple weeks. Wtf kind of awesome place does she work for?

Joker is turning down a free trip to Seoul , he obviously doesn't realize just how unique the whole situation is. My money is either on a bank or a university, that's just a guess though. I think she needs to really do some hard consideration here because if this guy doesn't get his insecurity about her success taken care of, he will make her feel guilty about succeeding for the rest of her life.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Retail or food service managers don't get vacations, free or not, idiots.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL

quote:

When I [21F] shared that I had a big announcement at Christmas dinner, my whole family (brother [25M], sister [30F], mother [60F], father [65M]) thought I was "coming out of the closet". I'm straight!!

To give some background, I had 2 boyfriends in high school but none since then and have not dated at all. While my lack of boyfriends might contribute to them thinking I'm lesbian I don't think I've ever done anything that would have indicated I'm attracted to girls? Like I honestly don't even have very many friends at all, it's not like I've had suspicious "sleepovers" with a female best friend or anything.

I was trying to share that I got a huge (extra $30K a year!!) promotion at work! I was super excited. So when I said, "I have a big announcement!" in an enthusiastic way at Christmas dinner, I was shocked when literally everyone looked at each other in agreement, and was like finally you're admitting you're a lesbian!

I'm now feeling extremely self conscious, and wondering who else has thought this?? Not that it's a bad thing, but I don't know what it is about me that would make me come off as lesbian? My family doesn't believe that I'm not lesbian when I told them my announcement was about my job promotion, and they won't elaborate on why they think that I am. I dress pretty casual/"basic" and I work at a museum (just graduated college this semester) if that gives any background...Would love any one's thoughts on this or if anyone has advice on how to get some unbiased opinion about why I may be coming off like this.

tl;dr: Tried to share news of my job promotion at Christmas dinner, family thought I was coming out as lesbian - won't believe that I'm not and I have no clue why, it's making me self conscious now!

SENTIENT HOUSEMEAT
Oct 14, 2016

A thinking, breathing house? You're mad!
Draw strength from the fact that your family accept you for who you truly are, and that it will be much easier to find a wife now that you're earning the big bucks.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope
jesus, an EXTRA $30k at 21 years old? i was making like $6/hr when i was 21 :smith:

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!
When I was 26 I went from 20k to 32k a year and 36k 6 months after that. Plus I had just divorced by ex so I was pretty happy.

welp, that's my salary story.

Trevor Hale
Dec 8, 2008

What have I become, my Swedish friend?

Me [26f] with my Husband [28m] 4 years, our marriage doesn't exist in his life or on his social media

My husband and I got married a few years ago, we eloped, as a joke but it turned into a real serious marriage. We kind of did the long distance thing in the first year or so but we've been living together and decently happy for the past couple of years.

His family only found out that we are actually married just with in this year, I think. We don't have each other on any social media but sometimes I do creep when I can. He never has had any pictures of us or any comments or anything at all about being in a relationship let alone married. His family found out about our marriage from my social media. He doesn't have a close family and he said that is the reason for not sharing things. People at his work know about me and anyone else he will tell them about me. But I feel like he hides me from his old friends and friends of his ex gf and anyone else on his fb. Whenever I bring this up we fight and it's not something he is willing to talk about.

Over the holidays his family had posted pictures of us. Him and I don't have each other on FB but I have his family, and so they tagged me and then tagged him in the pictures. I was secretly really happy about that because then at least the people on his FB would know about me...however when I went to go check to see if he was still tagged, he completely deactivated his FB.

Every time I bring it up or ask him to post pictures of us or mention anything about social media he just goes and deletes any account he has. It's his way of dealing with not having to show that he is married to me.

Why the hell does he do that and what should I do? It seems stupid to let something like FB upset me....but it feels more like he's pretending he isn't married or yet he's ashamed to be married to me. I've recently inherited money, which we have gone on trips with and he has shared those pictures, none of us together or of me.... and we had planned on buying a house and starting a family. How can I buy a house and start a family with someone who pretends I don't exist.

tl;dr: Husband deletes FB whenever I ask him to post pictures of us. I doubt anyone in his life or on his social media knows he is married let alone knows what I look like. Is it worth fighting over?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.
Her family thinks she's a lesbian because she doesn't date men. She's over thinking it.