Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

Next heisters: Kane and Lynch. Stealth breaks at a random time 0-10 minutes in, every day has a 50% chance of being One Down instead of whatever difficulty was selected.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Malek
Jun 22, 2003

Shut up Girl!
And as always: Kill Hitler.

22 Eargesplitten posted:

Next heisters: Kane and Lynch. Stealth breaks at a random time 0-10 minutes in, every day has a 50% chance of being One Down instead of whatever difficulty was selected.

Also if anyone posts anything negative concerning the Heisters, Jeff Gerstman loses his job again.

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

Lost his leg in Robo War I
Despite being a lovely game, Kane & Lynch 2 had a great atmosphere and aesthetic, and a cool multi mode too.

YET ANOTHER FAG
Mar 6, 2003

by R. Guyovich
E: oop

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
I found some Secret clues in Rome- ovk really went all out!

Help me decipher them!!!

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

And yet, I still clicked the link.

Why?

clockworkjoe
May 31, 2000

Rolled a 1 on the random encounter table, didn't you?

Does Almir know you're leaking Payday 3 screenshots

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

HOLD ON GUYS I'M POSTING ABOUT INTERNET ROBOTS

Anonymous Robot posted:

Despite being a lovely game, Kane & Lynch 2 had a great atmosphere and aesthetic, and a cool multi mode too.

The first game had that bank raid where if you're Lynch you're getting swarmed by cops and murdering them all while yelling for help, but when Kane comes back up from the vault it turns out Lynch has been having a psychotic break and just mowing down civilians. This seems like it'd fit into payday.

watho
Aug 2, 2013

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

Fil5000 posted:

The first game had that bank raid where if you're Lynch you're getting swarmed by cops and murdering them all while yelling for help, but when Kane comes back up from the vault it turns out Lynch has been having a psychotic break and just mowing down civilians. This seems like it'd fit into payday.

I wish that I liked those games. They have so many amazing ideas.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Fil5000 posted:

Dr. FAUXTON and I bought a house earlier this month and have slowly been moving so my big computer is like the last thing to be set up but stuff like this makes me miss big bank.

Lyrai
Jan 18, 2012

help me, i have brain problems about achievements and trophies.

EDIT: I alt-tabbed back into the game and it crashed. I lowered all the graphics setting down to the minimum in the menus (does anyone have a way to get it lower, like those old maxfps configs for TF2?) and set it up again.

Lyrai fucked around with this message at 03:01 on Dec 29, 2016

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

At that point why not just use pirate perfection and jump your kills by a few hundred thousand?

Lyrai
Jan 18, 2012

pp's kind of a cludged together thing, I'm not sure it can just directly edit kill counts.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

If you wanted to cheese Robbedacop why are you doing it on One Down, and with turrets? One Down cops have shitloads of health that turrets can't compete with, and the spawn increase doesn't make up for the fact that they'd be much harder to kill fast regardless of what you used.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

oohhboy
Jun 8, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I pretty sure I am giving that a death glare.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

oohhboy posted:

I pretty sure I am giving that a death glare.

ಠ_ಠ

Lyrai
Jan 18, 2012

UnknownMercenary posted:

If you wanted to cheese Robbedacop why are you doing it on One Down, and with turrets? One Down cops have shitloads of health that turrets can't compete with, and the spawn increase doesn't make up for the fact that they'd be much harder to kill fast regardless of what you used.

It's just cobbled together. Would Death Wish/Mayhem be better?

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Not really no. I would farm it on Overkill or lower just because the health inflation is bad on Mayhem and up. And I don't know why you chose Prison Nightmare instead of a map with super aggressive close quarters spawns like The Diamond.

UnknownMercenary fucked around with this message at 11:00 on Dec 29, 2016

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
At this point why don't we have a time travel heist? I mean, we have a delorean already!

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

I tried a lower level version of Chairface's AA-12 / Goliath build, but with an IZHMA and slugs in the Goliath. It works great on Overkill at least, although I really need to get Shotgun CQB. I don't have Frenzy yet, but once I do it seems like it should handle DW pretty well. Having 22 rounds of one hit kill shotgun in the magazine is pretty great, and the pickup is good enough that I can keep topped off easily as long as I can run and grab enemy ammo drops.

Is there a cool down on Inspire aced? I finally installed Inspire Priority because I was so tired of trying to shout down cops instead of getting someone up.

dscruffy1
Nov 22, 2007

Look out!
Nap Ghost

Crabtree posted:

At this point why don't we have a time travel heist? I mean, we have a delorean already!

Guys. The flux capacitor. Go get it!

Lynx
Nov 4, 2009

22 Eargesplitten posted:

Is there a cool down on Inspire aced?

20 seconds IIRC.

grancheater
May 1, 2013

Wine'em, dine'em, 69'em

Crabtree posted:

How do you think Hoxton keeps helping himself break out?

swims
May 5, 2014

Waiter, this band keeps shooting pearls at me.
Crossover with whoever produced Primer and have it kinda be like a big oil mission where we steal the time travel device from a public storage facility. There would be clues and stuff.

Maybe one of the objectives would be to target and follow the real guy instead of the clone. An asset could be the wrist watch to see if the machine works.

swims fucked around with this message at 19:04 on Dec 29, 2016

watho
Aug 2, 2013

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

That movie had a $5000 budget, I don't think anyone produced it.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

22 Eargesplitten posted:

I tried a lower level version of Chairface's AA-12 / Goliath build, but with an IZHMA and slugs in the Goliath. It works great on Overkill at least, although I really need to get Shotgun CQB. I don't have Frenzy yet, but once I do it seems like it should handle DW pretty well. Having 22 rounds of one hit kill shotgun in the magazine is pretty great, and the pickup is good enough that I can keep topped off easily as long as I can run and grab enemy ammo drops.

Is there a cool down on Inspire aced? I finally installed Inspire Priority because I was so tired of trying to shout down cops instead of getting someone up.
You shouldnt need CQB if you go with Bloodthirst Aced on your way to Berserker Aced + Frenzy basic. The one hit kill (via headshot) per shell is fantastic because of the way Shotgun shells work (IF a pellet hits the head, its the pellet that counts) so teamed with Bullseye Aced you can stand still somewhere (like the yard in Safehouse raid) and just point => click => dead cop, + 25 armor forever. On Overkill. For Mayhem/DW (which are pretty much the same) it takes more work than that, but your re-genning armor plus the armor from headshots makes you incredibly survivable.

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

I forgot about Bloodthirst, I never used it before so all I've really used it for is accidentally killing cops I'm going to try to take hostage. I guess I've got to go back to shooting them in the leg.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

22 Eargesplitten posted:

I forgot about Bloodthirst, I never used it before so all I've really used it for is accidentally killing cops I'm going to try to take hostage. I guess I've got to go back to shooting them in the leg.
Well you can stab one cop for all of the built-up multiplier damage, killing him, then stab a second cop for non-lethal damage to take him hostage. You can holler at them to surrender while reloading (at double speed thanks to Bloodthirst). Because of the up-to 16x multiplier I have been using a fast melee weapon like the Trench Knife because I will probably kill the cop regardless of the weapon, so I go for speed (you can also stab really fast with the Trench Knife in a pinch).

Lyrai
Jan 18, 2012

UnknownMercenary posted:

Not really no. I would farm it on Overkill or lower just because the health inflation is bad on Mayhem and up. And I don't know why you chose Prison Nightmare instead of a map with super aggressive close quarters spawns like The Diamond.

If the amount of sentries wasn't a giveaway, I'm using cheats. The last leg of prison nightmare was ideal in terms of just having a huge death corridor where I could just set up a bunch of sentries under infinite assault, make them invincible and never-ending ammo, then just walk away and take down the Christmas decorations.

Someone on reddit DID rig up a thing where trophies wouldn't be disabled under mutators, so as soon as I can figure out how you impliment a user script, I'm going to find the lowest-impact map possible in terms of stress on the game, turn on hydra, and set up a sentry death cannon. The game has a severe problem where whenever I alt tab back in after an hour or so of farming and try to exit the level, it just hard crashes, erasing all progress. Annoying.

code:
if not trophyEnabled	then

trophyEnabled = true

tweak_data.achievement.grenade_achievements.trophy_washington.mutators = {}

tweak_data.achievement.enemy_kill_achievements.trophy_washington.mutators = {}

tweak_data.achievement.enemy_melee_kill_achievements.trophy_washington.mutators = {}

end

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
I feel like there has to be a simpler way to just set your total kills to whatever number rather than actually grinding out a stupid grind trophy that didn't count years of progress, but :shrug:

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

Psion posted:

I feel like there has to be a simpler way to just set your total kills to whatever number rather than actually grinding out a stupid grind trophy that didn't count years of progress, but :shrug:

my method for screwing with it is simply going to be:

load up cheat engine

search for things at 0

search for poo poo that increased since last scan

load something up on normal

kill 5 dudes

rescan

repeat until you have only a few things that look sane

set all of those things to like 1k

complete heist

i haven't cared enough to go try it yet

Lyrai
Jan 18, 2012

6 hours later, I had about 15,000 kills. :v:

gently caress this poo poo I'm using cheat engine.

Wastrel_
Jun 3, 2004

Read it and weep.
To be honest, it'll look lovely and underwhelming like the One Down status anyway.

Lyrai
Jan 18, 2012

Wastrel_ posted:

To be honest, it'll look lovely and underwhelming like the One Down status anyway.

pretty much.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

I hope that was worth it.

swims
May 5, 2014

Waiter, this band keeps shooting pearls at me.
What is that

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

Fugly, for the most part.

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

PLEASE LET ME WRITE YOUR VICTIM IMPACT STATEMENT SO I CAN FURTHER DEMONSTRATE THE CALAMITY THAT IS OUR JUSTICE SYSTEM.

Buglord
Someone invite me jm20lljk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Link your profile