Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Great Autismo!
Mar 3, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

PotatoJudge posted:

Iowa player blows wide open dunk, gets T'd up for hanging on the rim

ayyyyyy lmao

The Iowa bench just erupted with Peter Jok hitting a 3 to bring the score to 52-28 lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

Tell me about the rabbits, George
More Iowa adventures in dunking, Tyler Cook goes up 2 handed, but comes up short and slams the ball of the front of the rim but it pops up almost all the way to the shot clock and goes in.

The Great Autismo!
Mar 3, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Tyler cook does a reverse slam, not one single person on the Iowa bench reacts, not even sure anyone noticed

The Great Autismo!
Mar 3, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

The Great Autismo! posted:

Tyler cook does a reverse slam, not one single person on the Iowa bench reacts, not even sure anyone noticed

lol this just happened again and again no one cares, it's so incredibly awkward to watch someone put so much effort and umph into a dunk that not one person gives a poo poo about lol

ColdBlooded
Jul 15, 2001

Ask me how to run a good team into the ground.
Every time Iowa pressed, it brought back bad memories from last year's game at Mackey. Glad Purdue was able to handle it better today.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

purdue is absolutely terrifying this year

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Boy, I think it's about time I tell you the difference between a man and a woman. A woman isn't a woman unless she's pretty. And a man isn't a man unless he's ugly.
Down goes UCLA.

Real Name Grover
Feb 13, 2002

Like corn on the cob
Fan of Britches
Nebraska lost to Gardner-Webb like 10 days ago and then won in Assembly Hall tonight

Sure, why not

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!
UNLV still sucks oh well suppose it was too much to hope for them to start conference play 1-0

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!
I would say that I'll stop watching until UNLV isn't a bottom half Mountain West team, but then I'd never watch them again

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
I forgot that Chris Mullin is coaching St. John's now.

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks
Mizzou is winning by 1 against Lipscomb with 7 minutes left

TheAlmightyFrog
Oct 7, 2007

squeeeak
Isaiah Briscoe gets second triple double of UK's season, third in school history.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

TheAlmightyFrog posted:

Isaiah Briscoe gets second triple double of UK's season, third in school history.

Seriously? That's pretty stunning that there have only been three. Like stunning enough that I have a hard time believing that's correct.

e: Huh, apparently that is correct. That is absolutely insane considering how many amazing players Kentucky has had over the course of their history.

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks
lmao Mizzou is about to lose to Lipscomb. How can they NOT fire Kim Anderson after this?

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

Grittybeard posted:

Seriously? That's pretty stunning that there have only been three. Like stunning enough that I have a hard time believing that's correct.

e: Huh, apparently that is correct. That is absolutely insane considering how many amazing players Kentucky has had over the course of their history.

Might be what's doing it, no one able to do hero ball with that much of a supporting cast.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
I'm starting to think that Iowa State might not be all that great at basketball.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Thoguh posted:

I'm starting to think that Iowa State might not be all that great at basketball.

I can't figure them out. Each game it's like a new team. Will they score 60 or 80? Who knows!

anne frank fanfic
Oct 31, 2005
Baylor Bitch

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
It won't last but at least for the moment VT is taking it to Duke.

Hello Towel
Aug 9, 2010

gently caress Louisville

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
Looking like both Duke and UNC might go down in their ACC openers, don't have time to figure out the last time that was but guessing quite a while.

Frinkahedron
Jul 26, 2006

Gobble Gobble
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA YESSSSSSSSS

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Frinkahedron posted:

'grats man, nice to see VT seize their day.

Meanwhile losing to the Hokies is justifiable but what UNC is doing losing to a demonstrably awful GT, I have no idea. They've lost to every top-200 Kenpom team this year so far except for VCU in overtime.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
I still don't understand how they got buzz but I'm glad they did for this moment

Frinkahedron
Jul 26, 2006

Gobble Gobble

Metapod posted:

I still don't understand how they got buzz but I'm glad they did for this moment

The (at the time) new athletic director Whit Babcock has been an absolute magician on coaching hires since he started 3 years ago.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

Frinkahedron posted:

Thanks for doing the Lord's Work.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Nova-Creighton has been really good and is now tied with 5 minutes left.

edit: UVA might just drop this one at home to Florida State, who hung in all game till their one superstar-level player got unbelievably hot--pretty much the exact weakness of the Tony Bennett system.

yep, UVA down. ACC is going to be a dogfight for pretty much every game that doesn't involve BC.

elentar fucked around with this message at 22:07 on Dec 31, 2016

SpiritualDeath
Jul 2, 2009

shaping your brain like pottery
How in god's name did West Virginia and Florida State lose to this Temple team

vikingstrike
Sep 23, 2007

whats happening, captain

elentar posted:

Looking like both Duke and UNC might go down in their ACC openers, don't have time to figure out the last time that was but guessing quite a while.

ACC gonna be a lot of fun to watch this year.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

I forget if there's any Cuse fans here but down 20+ to BC would be a good time to start mashing the panic button.

ColdBlooded
Jul 15, 2001

Nebraska now 2-0 in B10 play with road wins at Indiana and Maryland :psyduck:

Real Name Grover
Feb 13, 2002

Like corn on the cob
Fan of Britches

ColdBlooded posted:

Nebraska now 2-0 in B10 play with road wins at Indiana and Maryland :psyduck:

Yeah I don't know what the gently caress. Usually when we allow a 17-0 run we don't follow up with a 14-0 run to end the game

https://twitter.com/HuskerHoops/status/815638148923486208

Real Name Grover fucked around with this message at 20:18 on Jan 1, 2017

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Tyler Cook has now twice been robbed on an amazing dunk because of a criminally bad offensive foul call

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Iowa isn't very good yet but we are gonna be awesome in 2 or 3 years

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Hey we won! That was a really good game. This team is a lot more fun to watch than I expected. Young guys are playing really well and Jok is on pace for one of the best seasons in school history. He's an unreal shooter and so fun to watch when he gets rolling. We'll still get smoked a few more times like we did against Purdue because the defense is trash, but if we're hitting threes we can at least score with just about anyone in the conference.

ColdBlooded
Jul 15, 2001

Well if Minnesota keeps shooting 100%, they're probably going to win this game - 8 for 8 so far :lol:

The Great Autismo!
Mar 3, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
boiler up

ColdBlooded
Jul 15, 2001

I feel like Nate Mason always scores 30+ against Purdue.

Still think Minnesota is poo poo but maybe Purdue is kind of poo poo too. What a frustrating game to watch.

ColdBlooded fucked around with this message at 00:42 on Jan 2, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Great Autismo!
Mar 3, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Purdue is still the team most likely to win the Big10 with Wisconsin, and Minnesota is a good team. They will win 20+ this year.

Neither of them are "poo poo" unless by poo poo you mean like, not a top 5 or 10 team. Then yeah, they're poo poo

• Locked thread