Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
Discouragement is the only motivation that works. I dare you to go to the gym and stick with it. If you need your hand held and dick sucked to get in the door, and kind words and hugs to keep going the second week, eventually people are going to get tired of holding your hand and sucking your dick to get you to take care of yourself. Lasting change only comes from within.

Tell the haters to go gently caress themselves and prove us wrong, because I think you're gonna quit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*
Lol you have brain problems

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Dum Cumpster posted:

You just must like people sucking your dick, lol lame.

No wait.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Discouragement can be a motivation.

Outside of the gym.

Gym is happy place. Everybody is on the same team inside there.

Everybody comes in there with their own problems. You use the iron to work them out of ya. Not work them out into other people to make their day worse. I believe in tough love, but that's some kind of hosed up self loathing action going on there.

89 fucked around with this message at 19:51 on Dec 31, 2016

atrophy bf
Jan 4, 2005

TFLC's most selfless fitness motivator
shut up and train

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

IT'S LEGO, not Legos. Heh

Unless you are a hot chick nobody watches you lift at the gym and nobody gives a gently caress. Just go and lift.

damn horror queefs
Oct 14, 2005

say hello
say hello to the man in the elevator

Tiny Lowtax posted:

Unless you are a hot chick nobody watches you lift at the gym and nobody gives a gently caress. Just go and lift.

Lol if you're not scoping out the fine little twinks

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

89 posted:

Discouragement can be a motivation.

. I believed in tough love, but that's some kind of hosed up self loathing action going on there.

Ha, nobody who knows me would ever think I hate myself. :-D

I just think that 99℅ of resolutioners are just kidding themselves, and don't have the correct mindset to actually acheive their goals. Success rates agree with me. If they aren't ready mentally, they are wasting their time.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
i love new years resolutioners spamming the gym, because nowadays im fit as heck and i like having an audience :smug:

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps

GORDON posted:

Ha, nobody who knows me would ever think I hate myself. :-D

I just think that 99℅ of resolutioners are just kidding themselves, and don't have the correct mindset to actually acheive their goals. Success rates agree with me. If they aren't ready mentally, they are wasting their time.

I agree that they typically don't have the mindsets to make it happen. But, you gotta start some way, some how.

It sounded like you were getting at being jerks to them at the gym.

Pesmerga
Aug 1, 2005

So nice to eat you

drat horror queefs posted:

Sup? ;)

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
I watch and judge everyone because what else am I supposed to do during 5 minute rests?

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

89 posted:

I agree that they typically don't have the mindsets to make it happen. But, you gotta start some way, some how.

It sounded like you were getting at being jerks to them at the gym.

Absolutely not. I am a nice guy. I am just a realist, too, and in my opinion "tough love" is the way to go.

lazy old sun
Feb 12, 2007

The only thing to worry about at the gym is that all the squat racks will be occupied.

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
Also if i am about to fail that last rep having my spotter yell at me that I am a weak piece of poo poo not only gives me the moto to push it out, but I also get that weird boner I like.

Acelerion
May 3, 2005

Ain't no resolutionistas in my garage!

*freezes to death

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

lazy old sun posted:

The only thing to worry about at the gym is that all the squat racks will be occupied.

Gotta curl somewhere

a mysterious cloak
Apr 5, 2003

Leave me alone, dad, I'm with my friends!

Acelerion posted:

Ain't no resolutionistas in my garage!

*freezes to death

Garage bro :respek:

Turkey Farts
Jan 4, 2013

lazy old sun posted:

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

drat, I don't remember what it was like last year but my gym was packed this afternoon. I was hoping it would be slower on new years eve itself at least. Shouldn't have waited so long; should have just gone this morning.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
gotta get ur pump up for new years sex adventures

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

I drove to my gym this morning and just turned around and went home. Parking lot was more full than I've ever seen it. Luckily I live a mile away.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy

drat horror queefs posted:

Very gross and bad.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
twinks hell yea

Tolkien minority
Feb 14, 2012

Dum Cumpster posted:

i have very serious brain issues as i assume most of gbs does but i like to pick up and put down heavy objects and talk about it with friends in gbs :)

Winnie the Shit
Dec 25, 2005

the cat came back

GORDON posted:

Discouragement is the only motivation that works. I dare you to go to the gym and stick with it. If you need your hand held and dick sucked to get in the door, and kind words and hugs to keep going the second week, eventually people are going to get tired of holding your hand and sucking your dick to get you to take care of yourself. Lasting change only comes from within.

Tell the haters to go gently caress themselves and prove us wrong, because I think you're gonna quit.

who gives a gently caress dude

Fallows
Jan 20, 2005

If he waits long enough he can use his accrued interest from his savings to bring his negative checking balance back into the black.
I wanna open a mom and pop steroid store next to my gym...thats my resolution

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Winnie the poo poo posted:

who gives a gently caress dude

Lots of people actually

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
Gonna get woke for a grip on lifts

Big rippling muscles

Gotta get jacked by august so when I get back from deployment I can get fat and strong

Winnie the Shit
Dec 25, 2005

the cat came back

GORDON posted:

Lots of people actually

so far it's just u worried about nyr washouts and everyone else itt can't wait for them to stay home so there's parking and equipment available just like the other 50 weeks of the year

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Winnie the poo poo posted:

so far it's just u worried about nyr washouts and everyone else itt can't wait for them to stay home so there's parking and equipment available just like the other 50 weeks of the year

Are you only reading my posts? Lots of peoples are talking about it. Dozens. Scores, even. I didn't invent the concept of Resolutioner Anxiety. Stop oppressing me.

For content, salami burrito squat dead lift.

Fallows
Jan 20, 2005

If he waits long enough he can use his accrued interest from his savings to bring his negative checking balance back into the black.
im canceling my membership in anticipation jokes on them

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

Fun fact: gyms don't want you to go to them. They want you to pay for a membership and never show up. Members who actually go cost them money.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
*throws dumbbell to floor as hard as possible*

canned from the band
Sep 13, 2007

I'm a man of intensity. Of cool, and youth, and passionately

lazy old sun posted:

I get legit anxiety about this, just start wondering around like a lost puppy.

January is the best month to get youre drink on, eveyone trying to be healthy so all the bars are quiet, can finally drink alone in peace

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
I'm changing gyms for the new year

It will be an adventure

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
The closest new gym has the girls in their own department, segregated from the men :stare:

I dont like that :catstare:

at all :catbert:

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

Zzulu posted:

The closest new gym has the girls in their own department, segregated from the men :stare:

You are the exact reason they do it

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
I wish I was born gay

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy

Zzulu posted:

Sounds kosher, I approve.