Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

Mameluke posted:

Not from r/relationships but I thought this one was pretty good.

I got beat up 5 years ago, it was humiliating, especially cause it dispelled my mistique, i need advice

am I having a stroke

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Gluten Freeman posted:

what an awful, awful therapist! "this woman's husband incredibly controlling and verbally abusive, welp, better help him make ultimatums to her!"

I would lay money on the alcohol thing actually about her leaving Mormonism and that he's going to torture her about everything he can think of until she returns to the Church or leaves him. The dude sounds like a douchebag anyway, but this sounds like a particularly Mormon form of douchebaggery.

Adam Vegas
Apr 14, 2013

NomChompsky posted:

The update, you silly.

Ahhh well now I feel dumb as all hell. Sorry dude!

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬

Mameluke posted:

Not from r/relationships but I thought this one was pretty good.

I got beat up 5 years ago, it was humiliating, especially cause it dispelled my mistique, i need advice

:byodood: It's the eye of the tiger
It's the thrill of the fight
Rising up to the challenge of our rival
And the last known survivor
Stalks his prey in the night
And he's watching us all with the eye of the tiger

naptalan
Feb 18, 2009

Doc Hawkins posted:

Is this old? I swear I've read it before, and I don't want to believe multiple relationships have been ruined by an undead metal frontman.

Rest easy, it is an old post. :) Though possibly she killed that boyfriend and stuffed him under the floorboards, and you saw a post from her next victim?

Here's another old one that manages to hit most of the r/relationships bingo card (narcissism! weird food issues! stalking! suicide attempts!) It's super long and probably fake but still entertaining:

I discovered that my parents [50s] have been lying to me [19 F] about my food allergies (and who knows what else) for my entire life. Am I justified if I cut them out of my life?

quote:

I'm using a throwaway account because I have family on Reddit.

Ever since I was a little girl, my parents have told me that I am allergic to both milk and chocolate. The story goes that I broke into severe hives on my very first Halloween. My mom had given me some milk chocolate and I had to be rushed to the hospital with hives and breathing problems where I was diagnosed with both chocolate and milk allergies. Ever since then, I have never been allowed to eat anything containing chocolate or cow's milk.

Over the summer, one of my college friends from out-of-state invited me to come stay with her for a few weeks. While I was in her state, I decided to use the opportunity to visit my Godmother/Aunt who I haven't been able to see since I was a young child. My aunt was thrilled to see me and we spent a whole day hiking and just catching up. When we stopped for lunch, my Aunt pulled out some granola bars, but they had chocolate in them so I couldn't eat them. I told her that I was allergic to chocolate and she was stunned.

My aunt told me that I have never been allergic to chocolate and that my mom was lying to me. She told me the story of how I had gotten ill from daycare and my mom had tried to sue the daycare owner for some stupid reason that no one was sure of. My mom was pissed off because she though the daycare owner was flirting with my dad and she wanted to get the daycare shut down. My mom then invented the story about me and the chocolate at the Halloween party. She made sure NOT to tell the daycare about the (fake) allergy and then waited for the daycare to feed me food with chocolate in it so that she could sue. When that didn't work, my mom then invented a story about me being allergic to milk. When aunt tried to call her out on it, my mom stopped speaking to her and that silence has continued until the present.

Needless to say, I was stunned. I wanted so badly to believe that my mom was telling the truth and that my aunt was lying. I waited until we got back to my aunt's house and I took a bite of one of the granola bars. And I was not allergic, AT ALL. I was very upset and decided to call my dad.

Our conversation was so crazy and out of nowhere that I don't know what else to do but type it out. The conversation went like this:

Me: "Dad, were you aware that I am not actually allergic to chocolate and milk like you and mom have told me?"

Dad: "Don't be ridiculous. You've never been able to eat chocolate without a reaction. Why would we make that up?"

Me: "I'm not trying to accuse you of making it up. I was just asking if you were aware that I do not have the allergy. I just ate some chocolate and I didn't have any reaction to it. Did I ever get any allergy tests done?"

Dad: "I will have to ask your mother. I am upset that you are trying to call us liars over this."

Me: "When did I say anyone was lying? What are you talking about?"

My mom then jumped into the conversation (speaker phone).

Mom: "Honey, don't you remember that you had hives at your 10th birthday party? Your friend had given you a tootsie pop and you were allergic to the chocolate."

Me: "Mom, I never had a 10th birthday party and I don't know what you're talking about. I was just curious if I ever had a real allergy test done for chocolate, because I was just able to eat some without a reaction. I'm just trying to figure out if I can eat chocolate or not now."

Mom: "I don't know why you need to know if you had a test or not. You can't eat chocolate because we SAY you can't eat chocolate. You're being a little liar right now, how DARE you say we never gave you a birthday party that year. You've always been ungrateful and now you can't even remember the party we gave you."

Me: "Mom, I KNOW I never had a 10th birthday party because I was at summer camp. Why are you trying to make me believe that I did?"

My mom then started screaming at me and I just hung up the phone because it was so loud and I couldn't hear any individual words. I silenced my phone and watched as she proceeded to call me 40 times in a row. The entire time my aunt was watching in horror. My aunt then gave me a hug and told me that this is why she doesn't have a relationship with my mother. My mom has always done this, lied to people and then tried to convince them it was the truth.

I am very upset about this entire situation. The conversation was simply one of the craziest things I've seen and I don't know who these people are anymore. It creeped me out and I don't think I ever want to talk to them again or else they will try to turn on me. Am I right in wanting to cut these people out of my life?

tl;dr: Mom and dad always told me I was allergic to chocolate. I went to visit estranged aunt in a different state and aunt revealed my mom made it up to try to sue a daycare. I ate the food I was supposedly allergic to and was fine. I called my parents and they tried to say I was calling them liars and then tried to make up a birthday party. It was crazy and I think they're crazy and I just need to know if it's okay to cut them out of my life.

[Update] I discovered that my parents [50s] have been lying to me [19 F] about my food allergies (and who knows what else) for my entire life. Am I justified if I cut them out of my life?

quote:

It's been a while, but I felt the need to update because my mom purchased a one way ticket to Crazy Town after I made my first post.

To summarize what I have found out since my last post:

I am NOT allergic to chocolate. Chocolate is amazing and I am now addicted to the chocolate waterfall at Golden Corral.

I am NOT allergic to milk. I am mildly lactose intolerant, but I was always told it was an allergy to a protein in the milk. I can drink Lactaid with no issues.

I had an allergy test done and it confirmed that I am not allergic to anything except for pollen and some animal dander.

My mother is a psycho.

After I made my original post, I decided that I was going to cut contact with my parents except through email. My mom called me over a THOUSAND times the first week and I eventually had to get a new phone and simply stopped answering the old phone and let the battery in it die. To put this in perspective, she used to call me 2-3 times a week and this sudden increase was pure insanity.

Since my mom knew where my dorm room was located on campus, I requested to be moved into one of the more private dorm buildings because I was concerned for my privacy. I didn't tell anyone except my college friends about the move and I had thought that everything would be fine. Everything was fine for a few weeks, until I got a call from one of the adjunct professors to help tutor one of the new students. My school has a master tutor list and any student can call the tutors and arrange for help for free (us tutors are paid by the school). I told the adjunct that I would meet the student in the library in a few and grabbed my books and walked over to the library.

Lo and behold, the new student was my mom! My mother decided that she would enroll in classes as a student in order to contact me. When I saw her, I froze and immediately tried to leave the library, but she followed me outside and wouldn't leave me alone. I eventually managed to duck into one of the fraternity apartments and was able to lose her, but she has been basically stalking me on campus ever since. I tried to report her to the school, but the campus police told me that since she never made any threats, that there's nothing I can do. I tried reporting her to the normal police as well, but was told the same thing. My mom has not left me any voicemails or texts or anything at all that I can use to prove what she's doing.

My RA has ensured that my mom is banned from my dorm building (only upperclassmen are allowed and my mom is technically a freshman), but beyond that I am running out of options. My mom posted on facebook that she is signing up for the same classes as I need to complete my major next semester (she posted her schedule and we are in one of the same classes!) and I don't know what else I can do to stop the crazy. She claims that she didn't do ANYTHING to hurt me and that I am just lying about the chocolate and milk allergies. My aunt had to go out of the country for work and I feel so alone with dealing with all of this. My dad has basically ditched and moved out of my mom's house and I haven't been able to get in contact with him either.

Any ideas for how to stop the crazy?

tl;dr: My mom lied to me for years and told me I had several food allergies. I caught her in the lie and cut off contact. She has now enrolled in the same classes I need to complete my degree and I don't know what I can do to stop her from stalking me.

My NMom is in the hospital right now because she became suicidal after a meeting with me and our university. I feel so guilty. (r/raisedbynarcissists)

quote:

Hi there. It's my first time posting here because I was hesitant to give my mom the 'narcissist' label. That being said, I don't really have a better term to describe her behavior and a ton of people pointed me to this subreddit after I posted on /r/relationships about my mom.

To summarize, my mom and dad lied to me and told me I had allergies (chocolate and milk). I believed them for years until I met my estranged Aunt and she spilled the beans and revealed the web of lies created by my mother. I decided to go No Contact with my parents and my mom snapped and enrolled at my university and was basically stalking me and enrolling in the same classes I need for next semester. I contacted the student affairs department and they arranged a meeting between myself and my mom regarding the stalking.

At the meeting, the administrator heard both sides of our stories and pretty much caught my mom in another lie. My mom had her best poker face on and tried to claim that she hadn't contacted me in months. She denied that she had called me repeatedly, denied that she ever tried to get tutoring from me, denied everything she did. She tried to act like she was the victim and that I was just a mean and disrespectful daughter who hated her mom.

And that's when I produced my iPhone and showed the administrator the call log from when my mom called me over 1000 times in a row (this is not an exaggeration, the call log hit quadruple digits). My mom then tried to deny that the number was her cell number, but the administrator looked it up in the student database and it proved she was lying.

My mom tried to backtrack, but the damage was done. The administrator made us both sign contracts that said that we each must not contact each other for the remainder of the school year, otherwise we would be suspended from classes. My mom was forced to change her schedule so that she would not be in the same classes as I was in. The administrator made it clear that if she tried to circumvent the contract (even if by accident), that she could have her student ID banned from entering the student center or other buildings if I was inside (they are controlled by RFID chips and we have to swipe them to enter certain buildings).

After the meeting ended, I was so happy and I felt free for the first time in weeks. A few nights later, my dad called me and left a voicemail informing me that my mom tried to commit suicide with sleeping pills and that she was going to the hospital. I thought it was fake at first, so I called the hospital and they put me through to my dad who was in the waiting room. My dad laid into me pretty hard and called me names and stuff about the whole situation and then told me that if I didn't want my mom to die, I shouldn't have made her life miserable.

So that's my Thanksgiving vacation and I don't really know what to think or do right now. I'm going to go bake a pumpkin pie and try to forget about it all, but food tastes like ash in my mouth.

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

naptalan posted:

Rest easy, it is an old post. :) Though possibly she killed that boyfriend and stuffed him under the floorboards, and you saw a post from her next victim?

Here's another old one that manages to hit most of the r/relationships bingo card (narcissism! weird food issues! stalking! suicide attempts!) It's super long and probably fake but still entertaining:

I discovered that my parents [50s] have been lying to me [19 F] about my food allergies (and who knows what else) for my entire life. Am I justified if I cut them out of my life?

[Update] I discovered that my parents [50s] have been lying to me [19 F] about my food allergies (and who knows what else) for my entire life. Am I justified if I cut them out of my life?

My NMom is in the hospital right now because she became suicidal after a meeting with me and our university. I feel so guilty. (r/raisedbynarcissists)

What in heck?!!! I remember that original post, but the updates just keep escalating! :allbuttons:

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

Even in the final update the gun guy is convinced that, as an expert, he knows the gun was actually real (perhaps he didn't see "replica" written down the side of the barrel) and can't figure out why the mother is claiming it's an airsoft.

I think he's an idiot, but that may be my prejudice against gun guys.

E: wtf wanna not meet that mom

Doc Hawkins fucked around with this message at 08:04 on Jan 1, 2017

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Doc Hawkins posted:

Even in the final update the gun guy is convinced that, as an expert, he knows the gun was actually real (perhaps he didn't see "replica" written down the side of the barrel) and can't figure out why the mother is claiming it's an airsoft.

I think he's an idiot, but that may be my prejudice against gun guys.

Nah, gun people are morons

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

naptalan posted:

Holy poo poo

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

That sure escalated

poopnanners
May 3, 2016

hey guys lets party

Improbable Lobster posted:

Nah, gun people are morons

I submit that guns are cool and you are the one who is the moron.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬
I would've eaten a bunch of milk chocolates in front of the mom to prove I wasn't allergic,and to prove to others how psycho she is.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

poopnanners posted:

I submit that guns are cool and you are the one who is the moron.

Motion denied

Improbable Lobster fucked around with this message at 09:50 on Jan 1, 2017

FormerPoster
Aug 5, 2004

Hair Elf

naptalan posted:

If she has the means, she should definitely transfer to a different college, preferably in a different state. If she doesn't have the means, she should just make a gofundme with her story posted word for word and she'll have five figures in an hour. This poo poo is like gofundme gold.

poopnanners
May 3, 2016

hey guys lets party

Naerasa posted:

If she has the means, she should definitely transfer to a different college, preferably in a different state. If she doesn't have the means, she should just make a gofundme with her story posted word for word and she'll have five figures in an hour. This poo poo is like gofundme gold.

Or perhaps just file a restraining order instead of wasting thousands of dollars.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

naptalan posted:

Hey looks it my MiL. :smithicide:

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

Guns are morons

The Lobotomy Kid
Aug 27, 2011

and act like a nut.
Is it legal for my landlord to have installed a dollar coin operated flusher on my toilet?

quote:

I'm in Melbourne, Thornbury. I understand in our laundry having to pay for the communal washing machine.

But I pay the water bill that goes into my apartment. He said it was a government incentive to save water. But then why does he get to collect the money? I see nothing on google about this so I can't work out if I'm being duped?

[EDIT] I have spoken to my neighbour and she thinks I should call Today Tonight if the rental advice people tell me that it's not right for my landlord to do this to me. I have looked at their website and you can write them an email with your issue. People like him need to be exposed.

[EDIT] For those interested in this stupid contraption. And for those people who are too nasty to ask nicely. Also it is new year time so I have been out celebrating so give me some time please. Plus I had to work out how to post the pic. I can't work out how to post it directly here so I used the Imgur site. Here is the link:

At least with the help of others I have been using tips and also a lawyer has sent me her details to help me out with the legal side of things. So I'm glad I made this post. My friend is also coming over and he thinks we can remove the top cover without really damaging the landlord's "property". Then at least for now I can get to the flushing lever thingy.

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
It's like the landlord wants their unit filled with poo poo!

Lysistrata
Sep 12, 2003
Anyone who truly believes he has friends is a fool.
What the actual gently caress. I've had some lovely landlords but this is incredible.

sout
Apr 24, 2014

The Lobotomy Kid posted:

Is it legal for my landlord to have installed a dollar coin operated flusher on my toilet?

That is amazing.
e:
My girlfriend's parents are upset with me because I didn't have enough change to flush the toilet when I was celebrating Christmas with them

sout fucked around with this message at 14:07 on Jan 1, 2017

54 40 or fuck
Jan 4, 2012

No Yanda's allowed
If it's yellow let it mellow if it's brown....let it mellow:confused:

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
My gf (16f) of 1 year doesn't want kids but i (16m) do. Do I continue the relationship with her?

quote:

This topic just kinda came up but it got me kinda worried because I definitely want kids when im older but she says she doesn't. I know we still young and people probably wont take me seriously but seriously i love her so much and can't imagine a future without her, but at the same time can't imagine me not having kids?

Tl;dr: my girlfriend doesnt want kids but i do. Should i break up with her?

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Is my Girlfriend abusive?

quote:

Hello all, I'm a 22 year old male, around five-six months into dating a 20/year old female.

Back info: my best friend of newrly nine years hooked us up, warned me that she may or may not be good for me. Said shed keep an eye on her for peculiar behavior such as cheating. Etc. She has alerted me every time a weird number popped up on her phone or she mentioned any other guys name just in case. (We met while she was dating someone else, whom she dumped to be with me which immediately gave me security issues but I got over them.) She has seizures, which she has used to make me listen before. (My brothers wife, my aunt, and all of my uncles are certified health professionals and have taught me what seizures do and look like. She has not had one since we've been together, but has said she's had seven, and also made me miss work twice because of this, and both times the er has told us she had a "panic attack" and that I shouldn't bring her back if she continues as its only giving us a bill and there's absolutely nothing happening to her)

We have rented a home, and moved in together. I was going to rent it anyway so I said may as well invite her.

I want to be as fair as possible in this post as to receive better insight on my situation, because I honestly care a great deal about this girl, but lately I've found myself more and more distanced emotionally and physically because of her actions towards me. I've honestly considered breaking up very seriously as I was much happier without her, but she does need me and I can see. But I can't tell if its the abuse, or if in fact I am the one who needs to wake up. Let me explain:

Example 1: the other day, my roomate (who is my current best friend, and my so's sister, her fiance also lives with us. She's the one who got me together with my girlfriend, and has been my best friend of almost nine years, warning me that this girl has major temper issues and that if I ever need advice or am unhappy to talk to her, which I have and she has said she thinks we should end it.)

Asked me if I wanted to go to town with her and her fiance, as we were low on groceries and such, and it was their turn to pay for it, but we always went together as we all have different tastes.

My so was not happy... I went to wake her up, which at first seemed fine. Then she rolled over and proceeded to elbow me in the jaw hard enough that it left a bruise, and made me stumble. When I said that it hurt, she said "well maybe if you hadn't tried to wake me up!" So, I left her alone as I chalked it up to morning crankiness. About thirty to forty minutes later, she proceeded to blow my phone up. Calling me three times, then texting repeatedly. Until finally she called her sister, and she explained we were groceries shopping. My so said I should've told her before leaving and that it was hosed up how I could go with them but I couldn't spend an hour with her sleeping.

(We had just gotten off work, note I did not tell her I was leaving after the incident so I consider it my fault. Is that okay or bad? I also didn't spend the time with her due to the fact that we had a busy day, which I told her before she went to sleep.)

Example 2: My so wants to get a dog, but when her sister wanted a puppy, it was a bad idea. " A puppy will chew stuff up" "piss on the floor" "whine and groan every time we try to sleep" "we'll just end up feeding it." Every time I said so would hers, and mine (also made her mad that I wanted to bring mine to the house.) Every time I mentioned this, she would say I was just taking any side but hers.

Example 3: my roommate is pregnant, as such she's too late to get a job right now but her fiance works in concrete making around 700 a week. I make around 2400 a month like my so. Recently with the rain so bad, my roommates fiance has been looking for a new job. In the meantime his small paychecks (MAYBE 120 ON A GOOD DAY!) Has entirely gone on electric bills, water, and food. While me and my so covered the rent. ($600) I put $900 towards the first months rent, which was $1200 altogether. But my so said that it was bullshit she had to contribute so much and they only paid so little. (They paid deposits for water and electric. Almost $600 themselves)

Example 4: When I went to visit my mom on Christmas, she made it very clear I wasn't leaving without her. She then went to sleep until almost midnight. And then told me I could just go see her myself. When I said I'd already went and came back, she yelled at me and said that wasn't fair I didn't even know she was staying. And if I'd woken her up I'd have done the right thing. (Which, I tried. As in the above statement, again I was hit. I swear she does it on purpose. The other day I tried to tickle her and said screamed at me to stop then pushed my head into the headboard of our bed.)

Example 5: every morning when I get ready to take a shower after work (I work 11-7. She as well, since she demanded the managers at work out us on same shift schedules.) She demands to take one first and I ask her to save me hot water. She turns it on, sits on the toilet and waits for thirty minutes. Then gets in. Our hot water lasts around forty minutes. Then I ask her if she saved any and she says "damm, forgot to. It'll be warm again in an hour just wait." When I ask her why she waited to get in she said "Am i not allowed to loving sit down?"

Example 6: I cooked dinner the other day and woke her up and said "listen, there's only enough for one person left. If you want I'll cook you something fresh later, we have a guest and I'm gonna give it to him." To which she replied okay, and then got up an hour later and cussed me and my room are out, saying it was bullshit she bought food today and nobody could save her anything.

7: and finally, creepy poo poo. If I go to the bathroom, she insists on coming in. Then standing in the doorway. I asked her if she could shut the door since we have roommates and its not exactly pleasant to smell someone dropping a bomb anyway, she said "why what you loving hiding?" I told her I just wanted privacy to "finish up" and she said that I shouldn't be hiding anything from her. If I take a shower, she comes and opens the shower door constantly. If I sleep and rollover, she pulls me back and says "no, this way." If I drink, she says I'm being stupid and irresponsible. But she's "not trying to control my life" she then guilt trips me all night, follows me like a child and says the next day I was completely wasted and acting a fool. Even if I've only had say one beer or two shots. Then she always demands to know where I am, what I'm doing, with who, and how long. And if I take longer she will call and yell at me, and if I don't, she doesn't speak to me at all the whole night. Finally, if I'm gone most of the time she calls me and gives me an excuse we HAVE to leave immediately for some reason like getting gas or whatever. And if I say it can wait a second or I need to get my things she will not hang up until I'm at the house with her or rushes me.

She constantly compares me to her exes, sexually, mentally and in how I look or act. Even telling me to get one of their hair cuts. She looks at porn often, but demands I cover my eyes at a sex scene in any movie. She has made countless excuses not to delete the sex tape I found on her camera of her and her ex.

I honestly don't know if I'm tripping, I'm the bad guy, or if she's truly toxic for me. But im seeking someone elaes oppinion on this. Will be back soon as I'm posting this on my break. Thanks all!

tl;dr long note is long, gf acts like an rear end and controls me constantly. Advice?

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

naptalan posted:

My mother decided that she would enroll in classes as a student in order to contact me

that's like advanced 4 dimensional crazy, holy poo poo

Sisal Two-Step
May 29, 2006

mom without jaw
dad without wife

i'm taking all the Ls now, sorry

Antivehicular posted:

I would lay money on the alcohol thing actually about her leaving Mormonism and that he's going to torture her about everything he can think of until she returns to the Church or leaves him. The dude sounds like a douchebag anyway, but this sounds like a particularly Mormon form of douchebaggery.

I thought his complaining about her possibly being pregnant and putting their (non-existent) baby at risk by drinking was pretty telling. Dude probably just sees her as a walking baby factory.

naptalan posted:

The mom is obviously the star of this trainwreck, but shoutout to the dad for being awful too.

Menstrual Show
Jun 3, 2004

I am NOT allergic to chocolate. Chocolate is amazing and I am now addicted to the chocolate waterfall at Golden Corral.

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost

Menstrual Show posted:

This was the best part. I imagined her just sticking her whole head in there and guzzling

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

Demon Of The Fall posted:

This was the best part. I imagined her just sticking her whole head in there and guzzling

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal

Ride The Gravitron posted:

Really, yes. And completely mental. Run. And don't stop.

54 40 or fuck
Jan 4, 2012

No Yanda's allowed

"my best friend of newrly nine years hooked us up, warned me that she may or may not be good for me. Said shed keep an eye on her for peculiar behavior such as cheating. Etc."

If you have to warn someone like this, you probably shouldn't hook them up with their friends.

What a complete basket case

flick my Mr. Bean
Nov 18, 2014

naptalan posted:

Well would you look at that, fanfiction about my mother-in-law. It sounds exactly like her. She left a suicide voicemail on my wife's phone claiming she had overdosed and was dying, expecting my wife to assume it was fake and ignore it which would prove to the relatives at my MiL's house that my wife was, as my MiL claimed, evil. We knew it was a trick but there's always a catch in her little plans to manipulate people so we called 911 assuming that she wanted us to ignore it. Of course, we would have called anyway in case it was genuine. Unfortunately she had taken a small handful of kid's vitamins so the first responders treated it like an actual suicide attempt and she spent two weeks in a psychiatric hospital. One of the relatives present told us the details a few months after it happened but I still don't know why she took the gummies. A joke, I guess?

e: I'm not clear on the details after the cops showed up such as why she spent two weeks there. I've heard of people being released the next day so it kind of confused me.

flick my Mr. Bean fucked around with this message at 19:25 on Jan 1, 2017

yoloer420
May 19, 2006

quote:

Crazy chocolate story

I really don't understand the motivation people have to do poo poo like this. Maybe the mother is just insane, what's the father's deal? Weird as gently caress.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

yoloer420 posted:

I really don't understand the motivation people have to do poo poo like this. Maybe the mother is just insane, what's the father's deal? Weird as gently caress.

Father is a doormat who let's his demon wife walk all over him because it's easier than being an adult and trying to keep the oval office from abusing everyone else in her life. Source: MiL is a loving drama fiend and ruins every single event of my fiance's to the point that I basically have to forbid her from coming around us. :unsmigghh:

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

I'm assuming this is a parody of all the other clearly abusive SOs that people post "is this abusive?" about.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

SirSamVimes posted:

I'm assuming this is a parody of all the other clearly abusive SOs that people post "is this abusive?" about.

You are giving reddit a lot of credit here

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

flick my Mr. Bean posted:

e: I'm not clear on the details after the cops showed up such as why she spent two weeks there. I've heard of people being released the next day so it kind of confused me.

I think in most states you can be put into a 48-72 hour hold to prevent self harm or harm to others. After that you're released. Why she spent two weeks I don't know. Could be a self volunteered mental health vacation.

What I'm curious about in that crazy stalker mom story is how the daughter was never clued into to other ways the mom was crazy. Like were there no other signs of weirdness?

Darkhold
Feb 19, 2011

No Heart❤️
No Soul👻
No Service🙅
I'm guessing that was just the tip of the iceberg. She went to no contact really fast after that. Probably just the final piece of the puzzle for her in realising how crazy her mom truly was.

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib

SirSamVimes posted:

It's not off the wall enough to be a parody.

Abusive poo poo is insidious and super good and convincing the victim they're at fault

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

value-brand cereal posted:

I think in most states you can be put into a 48-72 hour hold to prevent self harm or harm to others. After that you're released. Why she spent two weeks I don't know. Could be a self volunteered mental health vacation.

It depends on the state. In California it is Health and Welfare Initiative 5150 and it is 72 hours. The psych facility will evaluate you and if you're still a danger to yourself and others or considered gravely disabled they can put you on a 5250 and extend it to 14 more days. From there a court has to get involved if they want to keep the individual longer.