Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lyrai
Jan 18, 2012

UnknownMercenary posted:

I hope that was worth it.

It really wasn't.

For what it's worth I found out later that someone on cheat sites had ginned up a thing that just force-unlocks and saves all trophies, and I could have just installed that from the start after tweaking it to just the robbedacop one. :v:

Oh well, back to seeing if I can get a Friends build to work (full joker + full sentries. Not sure what to pick up after getting those trees, or which gun to use. I want to get something for long range, but then also for punching through thicker crowds?)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
I solved the secret

Also gonna work on Robbedacop when I get back from the trip to OVK's offices I've won. I'll try to limit windmill updates this time!

Wastrel_
Jun 3, 2004

Read it and weep.

Lyrai posted:

Oh well, back to seeing if I can get a Friends build to work (full joker + full sentries. Not sure what to pick up after getting those trees, or which gun to use. I want to get something for long range, but then also for punching through thicker crowds?)

If you own no DLC: M308 primary for long range targets and SMG secondary for close range work.

If you own any of the DLC with grenade launchers: M308 primary with China puff secondary, or GL40 primary with Krinkov secondary.

If you own Gage Spec Ops Pack: M308 primary with Arbiter secondary.

Joke option: M308 with Auto Fire attachment.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Lyrai posted:

Are you going to run Maniac with your build for hilarious perma-Hysteria?

If you want to "punch through thicker crowds" you either want a grenade launcher like Wastrel_ said, or a shotgun with slugs, or a sniper rifle. Grenade Launchers for explosive crowd control, Slugs or Snipers for punching through Shields and for killing multiple cops with one bullet. Considering that you have to worry about ammo because of the sentries I dont know if I would want to do a Sniper.

Reallycoolname
Feb 26, 2008

Take a look! It's in a book!
You probably want weapons with good ammo pickup rates given that your sentries will be doing the fighting for you anyway. Note that with the China Puff the fractions work against you and you can't put down all six sentries right away (without Fully Loaded, anyway).

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

Lyrai posted:

For what it's worth I found out later that someone on cheat sites had ginned up a thing that just force-unlocks and saves all trophies, and I could have just installed that from the start after tweaking it to just the robbedacop one. :v:

tell me more

Lyrai
Jan 18, 2012

Psion posted:

tell me more
code:
for k, v in pairs(Global.custom_safehouse_manager.trophies) do
	for foo, bar in pairs (v.objectives) do
		managers.custom_safehouse:update_progress("progress_id", v.objectives[foo].progress_id, v.objectives[foo].max_progress)
	end
	managers.custom_safehouse:update_progress("progress_id", "trophy_stealth", 15)
end
This will permanently unlock all trophies and set their progress to completed.

I have no idea how you make it like, activate or go in your Payday 2 game.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
We got an update?

Runcible Spoon
Sep 20, 2012

Crabtree posted:

We got an update?

Apparently so. 23.6 MB on my end, no news or patchnotes visible. Paging Vox to the thread to theorize how it's the secret and do frantic digging through game assets.

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

Crabtree posted:

We got an update?

I was wondering this too, and no patch notes are to be found anywhere.

ClonedPickle
Apr 23, 2010

steam forums mod posted:

Hey folks, not much to this update, Joakim requested I make a little thread about this so here we are.

Long story short the update removed the sale info/tag from the start menu's scrolling banner.

Thats all!

aka nothing, but please feel free to speculate what it was really about

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

ClonedPickle posted:

aka nothing, but please feel free to speculate what it was really about

AAAA why am I in loving ITALY

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3yUSD864P2U

im still mad about the chainsaw

IndianaZoidberg
Aug 21, 2011

My name isnt slick, its Zoidberg. JOHN F***ING ZOIDBERG!

Discendo Vox posted:

AAAA why am I in loving ITALY

^ One of the only people to be pissed off that he's in Italy.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
Vox would make a great sociology study about the effects of a secret hunter hating any situation they find themselves in when even a hint of something new appears in their obsession. Vacations immediately become torturous without the code.

Concordat
Mar 4, 2007

Secondary Objective: Commit Fraud - Complete

Coolguye posted:

my method for screwing with it is simply going to be:

load up cheat engine

search for things at 0

search for poo poo that increased since last scan

load something up on normal

kill 5 dudes

rescan

repeat until you have only a few things that look sane

set all of those things to like 1k

complete heist

i haven't cared enough to go try it yet

I tried this, I must be bad at cheat engine cause I could never find the kill counter.

Lyrai posted:

It really wasn't.

I like going into the melee tree with Turrets so I can avoid using ammo. Also bring your favorite reusable throwing weapon.

Unfortunately you can't go full into the melee tree and have enough points for dodge/armor and Jokers.

Concordat fucked around with this message at 20:37 on Jan 4, 2017

Wastrel_
Jun 3, 2004

Read it and weep.
Melee is currently useless on higher difficulties without Aced Bloodthirst, aside from weapons that stun enemies. If you want to have enough ammo to place all your sentries, get Fully Loaded and equip low damage weapons with high ammo pool and pickup (eg CAR-4, Commando rifle, Uzi SMG, etc). Bring a full ammo bag as your secondary deployable. This combined with ammo pick-ups means that you should not be short on ammo at any point.

Would like to see someone make viable use of sentries on OD though, they're already somewhat weak on DW though still usable.

Reallycoolname
Feb 26, 2008

Wastrel_ posted:

Bring a full ammo bag as your secondary deployable.

Do not listen to this man.

Bring silenced sentries for your secondary and have 6 guns on the floor. :911:

In all seriousness though Fully Loaded Aced makes it impossible to have ammo issues (especially since you'll shoot very little) unless you try to bring a flamethrower or minigun.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Reallycoolname posted:

:monocle: I didnt even know that this was possible.

Grimthwacker
Aug 7, 2014

I'm still trying to get used to the Injector. OK, it minimizes damage, but it's tricky to find out when exactly to use it. It doesn't seem to last long enough to go offensively when your armor's broken, and so far I've been using when I need to bug out.

Also, the Little Friend is odd. It's more like a grenade launcher that just so happens to have an assault rifle built in.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Grimthwacker posted:

Also, the Little Friend is odd. It's more like a grenade launcher that just so happens to have an assault rifle built in.
Thats how people have been describing it, yeah. It is a Grenade Launcher with a Rifle attachment.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

IndianaZoidberg posted:

^ One of the only people to be pissed off that he's in Italy.

Just to be clear, I am joking about this, folks.

Edit: well, kinda. Italy was horrible, but that's due to traumatic real life stuff I'm trying to recover from, not Payday.

Discendo Vox fucked around with this message at 00:49 on Jan 6, 2017

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

Discendo Vox posted:

Just to be clear, I am joking about this, folks.

Edit: well, kinda. Italy was horrible, but that's due to traumatic real life stuff I'm trying to recover from, not Payday.

Traumatic real life stuff being, of course, Payday. :v:

Wastrel_
Jun 3, 2004

Read it and weep.

Reallycoolname posted:

Tried it. 430 kills on Overkill Safehouse Raid. The next highest - albeit he dced part of the way through - was 60+ kills.

CAR-4 primary and Heather SMG secondary, relied on ammo drops, didn't have to dip into an ammo bag even once. Not likely to work this well on Mayhem and above though, fair warning!

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Wastrel_ posted:

Tried it. 430 kills on Overkill Safehouse Raid. The next highest - albeit he dced part of the way through - was 60+ kills.

CAR-4 primary and Heather SMG secondary, relied on ammo drops, didn't have to dip into an ammo bag even once. Not likely to work this well on Mayhem and above though, fair warning!
I had 400+ kills using the Chairface Special build on an overkill safehouse raid the other night when I had to carry the poo poo-rear end pubbies that joined. I couldnt believe my eyes. I think I am 5% of the way to robbedacop.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

After some more experimentation I tweaked my build and sentry placement and was getting ~300 kills in 10 minutes on the Prison Nightmare bridge. At the same time, the task is incredibly unfun, especially done alone. I think I'm going to have to setting for really slow, incremental progress over the next year, with occasional spurts when I can bring myself to grind for a session, or when I play a loud heist that lets me approach Chairface levels of death.

Malek
Jun 22, 2003

Shut up Girl!
And as always: Kill Hitler.

Drewjitsu posted:

Traumatic real life stuff being, of course, Payday. :v:

JULES! :bahgawd:

swims
May 5, 2014

Waiter, this band keeps shooting pearls at me.

Discendo Vox posted:

After some more experimentation I tweaked my build and sentry placement and was getting ~300 kills in 10 minutes on the Prison Nightmare bridge. At the same time, the task is incredibly unfun, especially done alone. I think I'm going to have to setting for really slow, incremental progress over the next year, with occasional spurts when I can bring myself to grind for a session, or when I play a loud heist that lets me approach Chairface levels of death.

I'm guessing the kill counter didn't start until the achievement was added? It's hard to believe some of you guys wouldn't already have half a million kills that have been playing since launch.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

swims posted:

I'm guessing the kill counter didn't start until the achievement was added? It's hard to believe some of you guys wouldn't already have half a million kills that have been playing since launch.

Bingo. It's a big dick move.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

Lyrai posted:

I have no idea how you make it like, activate or go in your Payday 2 game.

Briefly, you find or write some code that listens for an event and have it execute that trophy unlock code when the event occurs - like a keypress or something. Basically, write a BLT mod.

Before wilko added continental coins to Goonmod, for example, I wrote some lua which would give 1 continental coin alongside 1 gage coin for each package set; when the package completion event Wilko wrote fired, it added a gage coin. I just added some lua which also added a continental coin at the same time inside the same event.

I don't see anything in that lua at first glance which would be any different, but I haven't tried it.

swims
May 5, 2014

Between the point break heists and now have there been any attachments to the G3 Dmr to carry more than 10 bullets per clip? I love that gun and have even been training myself to run full auto with it.

Console is expecting atleast some kind of announcement of an update within the next few weeks. Rumor is the patch and DLC will be updated all the way up to the current PC build. Not holding my breath but I do have a little faith.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

People are barely keeping up with how much harder they made the PC version.

I wonder if it will be received better, to get all the massive changes at once. By which I mean, you get the overhauled skill tree and the difficulty bumps together.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

swims posted:

Between the point break heists and now have there been any attachments to the G3 Dmr to carry more than 10 bullets per clip? I love that gun and have even been training myself to run full auto with it.

Console is expecting atleast some kind of announcement of an update within the next few weeks. Rumor is the patch and DLC will be updated all the way up to the current PC build. Not holding my breath but I do have a little faith.
With the updated skill tree there is a skill that gives you +15 to your mag. One of my favourite builds runs a DMR G3 on full auto, and it rocks running around with a 25 round mag and double the reload speed because of bloodthirst.

swims
May 5, 2014

Yeah I use Kilmer for sure. What about the gecko- will there be any mods to make it serviceable at higher levels?

Wastrel_
Jun 3, 2004

Read it and weep.

Discendo Vox posted:

Bingo. It's a big dick move.

Wolfhud informs me that I have 394,000+ kills in total, with only about 63,000 coming since the trophy was added.

They should at least allow kills from the Hydra mutator to count. When I last played on maxed hydra I got 1100+ kills in 15 minutes.

Concordat
Mar 4, 2007

Reallycoolname posted:

In all seriousness though Fully Loaded Aced makes it impossible to have ammo issues (especially since you'll shoot very little) unless you try to bring a flamethrower or minigun.

Quiet sentries as your primary, regular as secondary, you mean.

Reallycoolname
Feb 26, 2008

Concordat posted:

Quiet sentries as your primary, regular as secondary, you mean.

Does it make much of a difference? I guess if you're putting them out in the open they might be in danger, I ws mostly thinking of automating Safe House Raids.

I also took double converted cops for maximum tower defense fun. Take a gun with zero threat and just go watch youtube or something.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

Wastrel_ posted:

Wolfhud informs me that I have 394,000+ kills in total, with only about 63,000 coming since the trophy was added.

They should at least allow kills from the Hydra mutator to count. When I last played on maxed hydra I got 1100+ kills in 15 minutes.

I was convinced that was how they were going to do it. Now I just don't know. For someone like me who's just not very aggressive at copclick, that's at least a couple years of continuous normal play. It doesn't help that the gunplay is less complex or interesting now than it was before the Safehouse update.

Concordat
Mar 4, 2007

Reallycoolname posted:

Does it make much of a difference? I guess if you're putting them out in the open they might be in danger, I ws mostly thinking of automating Safe House Raids.

I also took double converted cops for maximum tower defense fun. Take a gun with zero threat and just go watch youtube or something.

The description makes the quiet sentries seem like a straight upgrade, but what do I know.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lyrai
Jan 18, 2012

http://pd2skills.com/#/v3/mIJKlMNoR:eLR:tABCDEFOPr:ibcdea::w34-16-7-30-34-10:s94:a3

Taking the advice of people in here, that's what I came up with for a 'Friends' build (Full Joker + Full Sentry) Maniac isn't in that for some reason, but that deck is being used.