Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Well I guess we're officially not getting 3.0 in 2016.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

Ghostlight posted:

Well I guess we're officially not getting 3.0 in 2016.

3.0 was just a gamemode. It was already in 2.6

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

the road to 3.0, paved by lumberyard

AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help
Happy New Year.

And condolences to everyone whose 2016 was a lovely year and lost people close to them. Mine was like that too, and unfortunately some of it crosses over to 2017.

But, at least I'm excited about the gem that 3.0 will be. And S42 first pre-pre-proper episode.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

the real 3.0 is friendship

MedicineHut
Feb 25, 2016

That was a good discourse by TB. Change the background images to SC's and the narrative stays true and the same indeed.

Though I was a bit surprised by his remark "good luck finding a better example of the sheer critical mass of hype and the subsequent huge disappointment that came off the back of it". He surely must be aware of SC.

MedicineHut fucked around with this message at 11:33 on Jan 1, 2017

kilus aof
Mar 24, 2001
Another company offering Star Marine cheats:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2uzVxc2QvKE

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

kilus aof posted:

Now they've seen the veritable bounty to be had in harvesting Shitizen tears, they will all be along with empty lulzbuckets ready to catch all the Shitizens impotent rage.

It's a good thing :)

Kosumo
Apr 9, 2016

kilus aof posted:

What next, people running not walking breaking other peoples roleplaying inmersion in Arc town.

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

MedicineHut posted:

That was a good discourse by TB. Change the background images to SC's and the narrative stays true and the same indeed.

Though I was a bit surprised by his remark "good luck finding a better example of the sheer critical mass of hype and the subsequent huge disappointment that came off the back of it". He surely must be aware of SC.

He is a Star Citizen apologist. He is one of those 'open development, therefore not a scam' type people.

Kosumo
Apr 9, 2016

Sabreseven posted:

Now they've seen the veritable bounty to be had in harvesting Shitizen tears, they will all be along with empty lulzbuckets ready to catch all the Shitizens impotent rage.

It's a good thing :)

Tears4TheTearGod

Gradis
Feb 27, 2016

GAPE APE
im the cheat software unable to hit anything

https://youtu.be/2uzVxc2QvKE?t=1m50s

a cyberpunk goose
May 21, 2007

Concept; the hack videos are a false flag so CIG can go back to closed development because HACKERS ARE RUINING THE GAME BY ALPHA ACCESS

Kosumo
Apr 9, 2016

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Years later backers still can't visit each other's hangars, yet the game is definitely progressing nicely.

Quoting from a day or so ago, but this is a very important point.

How many players brought stuff for their hangars (all that hangar flair is pointless if it's just you seeing it) just to show off to other players way back at the start of funding, yet have not been able to invite other players into show of their e-cocks.

Even I though that surly CiG would be able to make this happen fairly easily and early due to how hard could that be?

Amazed they have not done this and wonder why? What could be the reason stopping them from such a simple task?

Also amazed that the citizen don't hold CiG to account for this feature which was promised at the very start.

Then again, nothing should really amaze me about this project how, it's a classic poo poo show.

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

Gradis posted:

Also what the gently caress is that scope, it's hideous.

less than three
Aug 9, 2007

Fallen Rib

Gradis posted:

Calling it now. Even with the best CryEngine hacks SM is so broken they can't get consistent hitreg, let alone what the actual players have to deal with.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

Ghostlight posted:

the real 3.0 is friendship

3.0's what was inside you all along, you already have it, thats 3.0

Gradis
Feb 27, 2016

GAPE APE
tbh looking at the cheat it does hit. but it's nowhere near the hit box. thats just poo poo.

Kosumo
Apr 9, 2016

less than three posted:

Calling it now. Even with the best CryEngine hacks SM is so broken they can't get consistent hitreg, let alone what the actual players have to deal with.

That's cos Chris Roberts is smart and has switch from CryEngine to the mighty Lumberyard.

I've heard Chris is back off to the mo-cap studios to get Gillian Anderson to mo-cap some "Winners don't use hax" videos. You know all problems can be solved with AAA Hollywood level actors being motion captured by Chris Roberts. That's a fact.

Kosumo
Apr 9, 2016

Gradis posted:

tbh looking at the cheat game it does hit not look fun. but it's nowhere near the hit box fun. thats just it's poo poo.

nice quote :gary:

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

:kayak:Welcome to the:kayak:
Dream Factory
:kayak:
Grimey Drawer

Tokamak posted:

He is a Star Citizen apologist. He is one of those 'open development, therefore not a scam' type people.

Although I did spot the sandworm in there

MedicineHut
Feb 25, 2016

Tokamak posted:

Really! Ok, just spotted this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U0_ubZgSJq0&t=535s

Seems like for him the mere fact you have early access negates all the crapiness, the hype generation and all the potential for a cult to develop anyways.

Sad!

Kosumo
Apr 9, 2016

kilus aof posted:

I like the "undetectable by the game client" claim.

This game client struggles to detect the hit detection that it is programmed to do. Won't have a poo poo show at detecting any 3rd party stuff.

Also, if these hack maker companies wanted to make so real money out of this, they should have study there askance abit more and sold this in jpeg form with lti for a ridiculous price.

Anyone want to start "Ryan Archer's Star Hacks" with me? You must know how to both copy and paste.

To apply just forward the best CV you can copy to scamsbykosumo@dodgescamrus.co.nk

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

Kill Jester.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

McGiggins posted:

also what the gently caress this is getting out of control.

Doxxing is bad and somehow this man making an rear end out of himself is goons fault, probably.

What a wonderful start to the New Year provided by Star Citizen Thread.

Please report any examples of doxxing. We've done our best to scrub the thread of personally identifiable information but if we've missed anything we would like to know.

Please report it. Don't quote it. That just means more work for us and a punishment for the person spreading the info.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Kosumo posted:

Tears4TheTearGod

I really need to try and make a gose. Nothing says "Backer Tears" like a salty sour beer.

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

The Saddest Robot posted:

Is this wtfosaurus clown really the same as the Rockstar Seduction guy or is that just some rando comment that everyone's taking too seriously?

...well, the nipple twisting described over there seems to match his new years' live performance sooo...

Sillybones
Aug 10, 2013

go away,
spooky skeleton,
go away
I can't seem to make it clear to a cultist that CIG do not have an actual partnership with Amazon. It is kind of driving me crazy. That's all. Thanks.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

MedicineHut posted:

Seems like for him the mere fact you have early access negates all the crapiness, the hype generation and all the potential for a cult to develop anyways.

Sad!

He also is completely wrong about how open CIG is and how informed the backers are. For example backers have no knowledge regarding the status of 3.0, were completely mislead about the status of Squadron 42, and had absolutely no prior knowledge about the planned transition to Lumberyard in spite of their plans for the entire year. Regarding Lumberyard they have no idea how much CIG has implemented or plans to implement or what that means for the schedule (gently caress getting SQ42 out in 2017 if they're doing a meaningful engine swap).

But yeah, they definitely deluge the community with information. It's just that most of it is superficial crap pushing their next sale.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Sillybones posted:

I can't seem to make it clear to a cultist that CIG do not have an actual partnership with Amazon. It is kind of driving me crazy. That's all. Thanks.

CIG said something. You said the opposite. Therefore you are wrong.

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang

MedicineHut posted:

Sad!

TotalBiscuit was always a oval office. Him supporting SC is entirely in keeping with his general shittiness.

TheLightPurges
Sep 24, 2016

by exmarx

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

CIG said something. You said the opposite. Therefore you are wrong.

David Swofford clarified to kotaku that cig is just a licensee of the engine.

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

MODS?

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

TheLightPurges posted:

Yes, but that was just his opinion at the time.

Sillybones
Aug 10, 2013

go away,
spooky skeleton,
go away

TheLightPurges posted:

That is what I told them. They think there is some sort of super secret deal going on or something where CIG is going to benefit Amazon greatly. Like they have some magic tech. Ah, gently caress everything.

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
I love Star Citizen, and all it's craziness
GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA
College Slice

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

I really need to try and make a gose. Nothing says "Backer Tears" like a salty sour beer.

This sounds amazing and I would want to try it.

Setset
Apr 14, 2012
Grimey Drawer

wait why is derek defending star citizen?

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

Lube banjo posted:

wait why is derek defending star citizen?

he gotcha

Loxbourne
Apr 6, 2011

Tomorrow, doom!
But now, tea.

Kosumo posted:

Amazed they have not done this and wonder why? What could be the reason stopping them from such a simple task?

I'll bet money that the delay here has been CIG's inability to work out a way to let a player wander around another player's hangar without it being pathetically easy to cheat yourself access to the host's ships.

Any kind of ship-access hack would be utterly lethal and CIG know it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sillybones
Aug 10, 2013

go away,
spooky skeleton,
go away

Sometimes I think they should have made all the underlying systems first and then implemented all the little details of the visuals. Eh, I am sure my money is in safe hands.

If they just went and released Star Marine as a standalone then what exactly was wrong with the Illfonic version?

Sillybones fucked around with this message at 15:38 on Jan 1, 2017