Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Beet Wagon posted:

Since the mining mechanic hasn't been implemented yet the only way to get gold is to take it from other peoples houses.

WTF is literally a minecraft griefer at this point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

CrazyLoon posted:

BTW, I called my parents and beat them in Settlers of Catan 3 games straight. Thanks for the advice, I.N.R.I. :3:

Good job on pwning them mercilessly. I would do the same in your position. I would like to use the rest of this post to quietly condemn doxxing, which can ruin the lives of the victims and their families, and request that this thread refrain from doing it in the future

Berious
Nov 13, 2005
I heard there were mad haxxs in Star Citizen and much immersion was ruined. This is good

Booourns
Jan 20, 2004
Please send a report when you see me complain about other posters and threads outside of QCS

~thanks!

I.N.R.I posted:

Good job on pwning them mercilessly. I would do the same in your position. I would like to use the rest of this post to quietly condemn doxxing, which can ruin the lives of the victims and their families, and request that this thread refrain from doing it in the future

Yeah 2 bans for doxxing in the last 2 months and people defending the person who got banned both times says a lot

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Codependent Poster posted:

I really want to point a gun at a baby. Anybody else thinking about this?

At least one other dude, which is a bit concerning really

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Truga posted:

The dox was wtfosaurus? Did someone find he used to stream CP on twitch or something? what's with the outrage?

It appears that he used to be a PUA scammer that took advantage of a lot of people. Note, I said "appears". He also basically mauled female cohosts while drunk on a Twitch stream, which, in my opinion, adds credence to the lack of respect for women a PUA type would have.

ripptide
Jul 28, 2016

I.N.R.I posted:

Just curious, how many ships does WTF send you to be his sexual assault apologist? Asking for your parents, they're concerned your moral compass is bent.

Bofast
Feb 21, 2011

Grimey Drawer

The Kins posted:

Yeah, IIRC the only folks on the team who had previously shipped a game were the audio guys. It was basically a case of lightning striking.

If I'm not mistaken, the team lead was second programmer on one previous title at Rare just before that. Don't recall which job the other one with experience had.
There's a cool interview with the team lead here https://web.archive.org/web/20110718160021/http://www.zoonami.com/briefing/2004-09-02.php

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Is there a list of how many times CIG has lied / obfuscated?

Bofast
Feb 21, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Sunswipe posted:

Am I interpreting this right? They're playing some sort of DnD game (two of them in shirt, tie and waistcoat. We can only be thankful they at least took their fedoras off) and the people watching can pay real money to "help" them? Because that's pretty loving amazing. Paying so that other people can get imaginary objects. It's Star Citizen taken to the nth degree.

From the few DnD streams with this option that I've seen, the money usually goes to charities like Child's Play or various children's hospitals. If this goes to the streamers themselves (no idea if that's the case here), then I would consider it pretty dumb.

ripptide
Jul 28, 2016

Timby posted:

It'd be easier to keep track of how many promises they've kept.

1. Sold ships

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

ripptide posted:

Just curious, how many ships does WTF send you to be his sexual assault apologist? Asking for your parents, they're concerned your moral compass is bent.

He sent me precisely 69 of whatever that crap youre talking about is

Kosumo
Apr 9, 2016

I.N.R.I posted:

Well covering up peoples nefarious past of dobious behavior so as they can continue to behave in such a way can ruin the lives of the future victims and their families.

So we are in a bit of a quandary here are we not.

Anyone who is running a Patron account and asking for donations while streaming on Twitch or any other site is surly opening themselves and their past to a level of scrutiny beyond what a normal internet user who is not asking for any money would expect.

Where is your moral line over weather or not exposing scam artist is a greater good than copy and posting things that are already on the internet which you allure to as doxxing? If you struggle for an answer, ask your Mum and Dad for advice next time your talking to them.

Kosumo fucked around with this message at 23:57 on Jan 1, 2017

Kosumo
Apr 9, 2016

Timby posted:

Yep, try https://www.robertsspaceindustries.com it's one big document of lies.

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

I get irritated by people posting "doxing is bad" in this thread as much as the next autist, but frankly if they stop posting it for more than a day people suddenly get all "I was just innocently googling this guy's real name and home address and look what I found!" as if that's something that would be done by a normal and stable person.

Maybe the incessant reminders are for the best.

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

Timby posted:

I honestly think there are too many times to properly catalog, but I'm sure some turbosperg in here will try.

hanales
Nov 3, 2013

Chalks posted:

I get irritated by people posting "doxing is bad" in this thread as much as the next autist, but frankly if they stop posting it for more than a day people suddenly get all "I was just innocently googling this guy's real name and home address and look what I found!" as if that's something that would be done by a normal and stable person.

The question will probably come up (legally, not here) at some point whether a twitch streamer or youtuber is making themselves a "public figure", which changes the rules somewhat on what would be considered doxxing. Like, Tim Allen's wikipedia article details his cocaine trafficking arrest and imprisonment. I'm sure he'd rather most people didn't know about that.

It's an interesting question. I'm not sure how I feel about it in the case where people are making money on a name/public persona.

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao

a cyberpunk goose posted:

Concept; the hack videos are a false flag so CIG can go back to closed development because HACKERS ARE RUINING THE GAME BY ALPHA ACCESS

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Timby posted:

A couple of them.

e: f;b

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

hanales posted:

The question will probably come up (legally, not here) at some point whether a twitch streamer or youtuber is making themselves a "public figure", which changes the rules somewhat on what would be considered doxxing. Like, Tim Allen's wikipedia article details his cocaine trafficking arrest and imprisonment. I'm sure he'd rather most people didn't know about that.

It's an interesting question. I'm not sure how I feel about it in the case where people are making money on a name/public persona.

If having 200 people watching some dumbass talk about crappy video games makes you a "public figure" then we're all hosed because there are at least that many reading our posts in this thread.

ripptide
Jul 28, 2016

hanales posted:

It's already come up in several court cases where idiots video taped themselves committing criminal or dangerous activity, and then posting it on the web. If you post it to the web as a publicly view-able piece of info, you have no more reasonable expectation of privacy than if you stood on a public street and yelled the information out loud. How individual private forums handle it is entirely up to the site owners/mods, but finding public videos posted by the subject is not doxxing.

Amarcarts
Feb 21, 2007

This looks a lot like suffering.
Oh, oh, oh, oh
All the ships are on sale (let me see you just)
Buy 'em up, drop the money down (let me see you just)
Just J-pegs, can't be flown (let me see you just)
Push it up, push it up (let me see you just)
Crobble baby, Crobble baby, Crobble baby, Crobble (yeah)

nawledgelambo
Nov 8, 2016

Immersion chariot
I'm pretty sure INRI or Arjason or that Bourne supremacy poster guy with the Medal of Internet avatar don't really give a gently caress either, they're just succeeding in baiting you all in with their concern trolling which in itself never fails, so why stop

ps hey inri i hope you had a good christmas :c)

nawledgelambo fucked around with this message at 00:25 on Jan 2, 2017

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang

XK posted:

Nobody has ever asked about a mechanic of feeding babies.

Ben has. Press >>> USE <<< to bitty.

Aaod posted:

You mean the dude that is so bad at video games that he had to edit his clips constantly to make himself look good whenever he played multiplayer games even against average quality players which is why he stuck to youtube instead of streaming is a lovely person?

Actually I was thinking more about how he likes to give a nod and a wink to his fans to harass people on social media for him, and how he tried to leverage his popularity gently caress with the job security of someone he had an argument with on twitter. And just generally his bloviating snide attitude and the pathetic sculpting of an e-persona based upon draping himself in the flag and naming himself after a character trait.

Not that his opinion on SC matters all that much considering he's one of those people the thread was talking about the other day that will die waiting for it to release.

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

Chalks posted:

If having 200 people watching some dumbass talk about crappy video games makes you a "public figure" then we're all hosed because there are at least that many reading our posts in this thread.

None of us are making income for posting here, though, aside from Derek making an extra $100 off goons buying his game.

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

Regrettable posted:

None of us are making income for posting here, though, aside from Derek making an extra $100 off goons buying his game.

The definition of a public person is getting more hilariously narrow by the minute. Guy with 10 viewers on twitch, shows one ad, get him boys!

Tarranon
Oct 10, 2007

Diggity Dog

Regrettable posted:

You're right, sexually harassing women, stealing tens of thousands of dollars from people, and beating dogs until they poo poo blood is super cool so we should leave WTF alone.

lol you are psychotic

Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

ripptide posted:

It's already come up in several court cases where idiots video taped themselves committing criminal or dangerous activity, and then posting it on the web. If you post it to the web as a publicly view-able piece of info, you have no more reasonable expectation of privacy than if you stood on a public street and yelled the information out loud. How individual private forums handle it is entirely up to the site owners/mods, but finding public videos posted by the subject is not doxxing.

Ding. Though I would argue it would be doxxing if they posted the videos under a different name or something.

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

nawledgelambo posted:

I'm pretty sure INRI or Arjason or that Bourne supremacy poster guy with the Medal of Internet avatar don't really give a gently caress either, they're just succeeding in baiting you all in with their concern trolling which in itself never fails, so why stop

ps hey inri i hope you had a good Hanukkah :c)

FTFY

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

Tarranon posted:

lol you are psychotic

Sorry, I didn't realize we have to post /s every time we use sarcasm on SA for fear of idiots misinterpreting our posts. I will keep that in mind for the future.

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Chalks posted:

Don't eat the soap.

Seriously, people die from eating soap and while it's extremely unlikely that you are in fact eating soap, I cannot in good faith keep this warning from you.

nawledgelambo posted:

just succeeding in baiting you

word.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Tarranon posted:

lol you are psychotic

Not so much. His behaviour during that stream was completely selfish and unconscionable, which does tie in nicely with the other crimes he is accused of.

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

Hav posted:

Don't eat the soap.

Seriously, people die from eating soap and while it's extremely unlikely that you are in fact eating soap, I cannot in good faith keep this warning from you.

Buddy, if you stop posting that and people immediately start discussing their favourite soap flavours I will not blame you for repeating yourself a few times.

I mean you could be forgiven for thinking that everyone in this thread was capable of seeing the line between "having a different opinion about a space game" and "tracking down someone's real name and home address, then posting personal info about them". It seems like a pretty broad line. Like a line so broad you wonder quite what mental processes were involved in getting from A to B.

But as with all these things, it turns out the warning label was there for a reason.

"but after they trawled through their private life they found some stuff that looked sleazy so it's all justified" is apparently an actual thing.

Chalks fucked around with this message at 00:43 on Jan 2, 2017

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Wait what did wtf do in addition of trying to cop a feel during that live stream?

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

Tarranon posted:

lol you are psychotic

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Wait what did wtf do in addition of trying to cop a feel during that live stream?

Joined the ranks of Wulf, Ben, and Fuzzy in his attitude and behaviour towards women and not-yet-women.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Some of you guys are easier to troll than Shitizens.

TheLightPurges
Sep 24, 2016

by exmarx

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Some of you guys are easier to troll than Shitizens.

Assrapistdude420 was right

Goobs
Jan 30, 2016

Doxcat is watching you PU.

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Why nothing at all, everyone here is just "trawling the internet" to pick on this poor man.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheLightPurges
Sep 24, 2016

by exmarx

Cao Ni Ma posted:

If you paid for his drinks and a small daily expense fee he'll help you pick up hot chicks at the club.