Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ferremit
Sep 14, 2007
if I haven't posted about MY LANDCRUISER yet, check my bullbars for kangaroo prints

That is terrifying... How in gods name is that car even remotely be considered safe after heat affecting all the pillars with that much welding? Not to mention the rust issues! And how could that be an economical repair compared to another cheap Subaru XV?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

Ferremit posted:

That is terrifying... How in gods name is that car even remotely be considered safe after heat affecting all the pillars with that much welding? Not to mention the rust issues! And how could that be an economical repair compared to another cheap Subaru XV?

Russia, friend. Russia.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KKAs2Pi9U1M

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
Posting it here because it sure is.

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

Ate dicks or 8 dicks? :colbert:

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Wistful of Dollars posted:

Ate dicks or 8 dicks? :colbert:

Why not both?

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
In line?

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

Memento posted:

mobby_6dx_inarow posted:

In a row!

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

It's all about tip to tip efficiency.

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

You've got to know the rules before you can break 'em. Otherwise, it's no fun.

Powershift posted:

It's all about tip to tip efficiency.

What really matters is D2f ratio.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

What matters is the bore not the sroke

razorscooter
Nov 5, 2008

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Go dig up the video about that car, it's epic.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Oh boy :swoon:

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

As Odin intended, really.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

xzzy posted:

Go dig up the video about that car, it's epic.

One of:

https://youtu.be/he0WvPDxjZc

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Snowy posted:

Please do, I love that

Quoting this because I finally got a picture of one of my regular's work truck.

L->R:
-Old Man Jim's minivan. He's a WWII vet who also is a HAM (he was a radio operator in WWII, go figure). I'll post his QSL card when he passes away, but I don't want to give out his callsign until then because you can look up his home address that way.
-The Battleship, Rolling Shed, etc. I forget the specific year of truck but it's a V8, stick shift, and the accelerator pedal is missing so it's just the stalk for it. The guy built the box in back himself, does all the service himself.
-My shitbox Matrix. Busted midpipe and all.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
BMW M1 barn find, about 7,000kms, southern Italy...
http://www.mintclassics.de/2016/12/30/bmw-m1-barn-find/

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

iospace posted:

L->R:
-Old Man Jim's minivan. He's a WWII vet who also is a HAM (he was a radio operator in WWII, go figure). I'll post his QSL card when he passes away, but I don't want to give out his callsign until then because you can look up his home address that way.
-The Battleship, Rolling Shed, etc. I forget the specific year of truck but it's a V8, stick shift, and the accelerator pedal is missing so it's just the stalk for it. The guy built the box in back himself, does all the service himself.

1969-72 GMC, 3/4 ton. '67 and '68 have a different hood, with '67 having the GMC logo on the grille rather than the hood.
They didn't change the GMC grille as much as the Chevy, so that's as close as I can get.

edit:

CharlesM posted:

Oh, wow.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Darchangel posted:

1969-72 GMC, 3/4 ton. '67 and '68 have a different hood, with '67 having the GMC logo on the grille rather than the hood.
They didn't change the GMC grille as much as the Chevy, so that's as close as I can get.

'71-'72 GMCs had a factory blacked out grille center, though it seems that age and better taste has eliminated most of these. All-chrome or all-paint, anything in between is just a mess.

The cab-mounted rear-view mirror rules out 1972. The busted up throttle pedal is more likely a pre-'71 since they went to cables then - I suppose you could still lose the pedal portion on that but I think the remaining 'stalk' is much smaller than the linkage was. So probably a '69 or '70, and the only difference is that in 1969 you could still order that truck with the GMC V6.

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice

CharlesM posted:

Okay who the gently caress bought an M1, drove it home, parked it in a barn, used it as a table to stack some junk on top of then forgot they had it for three decades?

Edit: oh 7,000. Crazy Euro numbers made me think it had 7.329km on it, which would be oddly specific wouldn't it. Still the point stands.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

iospace posted:

L->R:

So, he's basically Wolverine from the first X-Men movie.

Pretty Cool Name
Jan 8, 2010

wat

I want to punch whoever edited that in his stupid face. Cool car though.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

AI? :)

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Extremely AI.

Magnificent car when it runs, absolute nightmare when it doesn't. Which is often.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
My 2 year old daughter approves of these hillclimb videos:

https://youtu.be/ypGb9ACLzD0

Killstick
Jan 17, 2010
http://i.imgur.com/uY6YllF.mp4

"I told you i needed 4x4!"

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Is that a commercial?

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

KozmoNaut posted:

Extremely AI.

Magnificent car when it runs, absolute nightmare when it doesn't. Which is often.

Yeah, I'd love to own one of those too. I love big coupes with big honking engines. Sadly I don't have gently caress-off :20bux: and only one parking spot. V12 Mercedes coupes also similarly make me :dong:

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

Metal Geir Skogul posted:

Is that a commercial?

I think a commercial would've done a better job of digitally inserting the jeep.

clam ache
Sep 6, 2009

Terrible Robot posted:

Russia, friend. Russia.

Haha if you think there aren't body shops in America that do the same.or that some of these repairs are approved by an insurance company. I have seen so many cars get hobbled together by the body shop I do alignments for.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Wistful of Dollars posted:

Yeah, I'd love to own one of those too. I love big coupes with big honking engines. Sadly I don't have gently caress-off :20bux: and only one parking spot. V12 Mercedes coupes also similarly make me :dong:

One of my colleagues owns an 850i, I've gotten a ride in it once.

What a machine, V12s are amazing :)

bennyfactor
Nov 21, 2008

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
What gets me is that pickup just looks...normal. It's just a pickup, from down the street, on a plinth.

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

Metal Geir Skogul posted:

What gets me is that pickup just looks...normal. It's just a pickup, from down the street, on a plinth.

It's the 999,999 before it they care about

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

What is wrong with her .... everything?

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!
That belt is rather tight.

PopeOnARope
Jul 23, 2007

Hey! Quit touching my junk!

TotalLossBrain posted:

That belt is rather tight.

Her pants are losing circulation and getting all weird and blotchy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

PopeOnARope posted:

Her pants are losing circulation and getting all weird and blotchy

Her pants match the seatcovers, and I'm not sure which is the bigger violation to my eyes.