Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AegisP
Oct 5, 2008

Patware posted:

Imagine with me, a world where people are frantically shouting "HOW MANY GODDAMN PULLS DO I HAVE TO MAKE UNTIL I GET THIS WINTER STEVE BUSCEMI VARIANT"

"Hey after Queen Latifah got her 6* she became the best tank in the game no questions asked."

"i'm just fusing all these lovely dicaprios together i have bad luck"

"loving Fenrir just got Harrison Ford and Dwayne Johnson in one 11-pull, how's this motherfucker keep getting the 5* bases?"

see the world I see and exult in Ariana Grande

This is the world in which I keep getting Bieber'd.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cry Havoc
May 10, 2004

This cyberpunk cartoon avatar is pretty dang ol' good, I tell you what.
unit: will smith
job: fresh prince
lb: gettin' jiggy wit it
tm: platinum disc

seriously these things make themselves

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

Cry Havoc posted:

unit: will smith
job: fresh prince
lb: gettin' jiggy wit it
tm: platinum disc

seriously these things make themselves

yeah what are his good mechanics though??? will smith's 4* base imo

Niton
Oct 21, 2010

Your Lord and Savior has finally arrived!

..got any kibble?
Am I really one of the only people who simply thinks it's neat, and not an outrage in the slightest? JP FFBE has literally hundreds of BE original (or non-FF) units at this point, and most of them suck thematically. At least Ariana looks neat.

Cat Pilot
Jan 29, 2003

i can't wait to set this chick as my friend unit

CyberLord XP
Oct 18, 2005

Goldie...She says her name is Goldie

Cat Pilot posted:

i can't wait to set this chick as my friend unit

"You're not really my type, but we can be friend units."

Palleon
Aug 11, 2003

I've got a hot deal on a bridge to the Pegasus Galaxy!
Grimey Drawer
I can't wait until this opens the door for them to charge 10 grand (more?) to make yourself into a character in the game, and then just wait for them to drop another few thousand trying and failing to pull themselves.

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

Niton posted:

Am I really one of the only people who simply thinks it's neat, and not an outrage in the slightest? JP FFBE has literally hundreds of BE original (or non-FF) units at this point, and most of them suck thematically. At least Ariana looks neat.

did you think i was outraging because i was 100% serious, i think this owns and historically a product that makes more money becomes a better product. exvius is in all the dumb headlines now so it's got eyes on it

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy

Niton posted:

I really didn't care at all until reddit started acting like the sky cracked open, fire rained from the heavens and the oceans turned to blood. Now I think it's wonderful :allears:

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

Niton posted:

When I first heard the news, my reaction was "Huh, that's kind of weird, whatever."

Then I found out there was a petition against it and people were angry that it would ruin the purity of the ultimate fantasy saga, so now I think it's the best thing ever and I want more of it.

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
Yea, I thought it was weird mostly because I wasn't expecting such an inclusion.

But the sprite's pretty great, so now I'm just waiting for the stats and what kind of character she's going to be.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

My issue is that I don't like her, as an artist or a person. I figure Sqeenix went with her because she's a cheap celeb. And also affordable.

But ultimatly, if I somehow manage to get her instead of my umpteenth Krille or Charlotte, and she's a good unit, I'll use her. If not, she'll collect dust with the other units I don't use. It's gonna take something far dumber than adding her to get me to quit this game. I'll probably never quit... I'm too addicted... :negative:

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

Yeah see "I don't like Ariana Grande" is a legit reaction to this, that's fine

Once someone's talking about Ariana Grande sullying Final Fantasy because she's not a REAL GAMER and probably NEVER PLAYED and doesn't belong in the holy Shrine of Game's, I'm just gonna assume they're a garbage person who is bad and sucks

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

There is also a huge difference between "I don't like Ariana Grande as a person" and "Ariana Grande is a filthy sub-human whore."

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Where were these people when the FF15/Cup Noodles collaboration happened??

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Kheldarn posted:

My issue is that I don't like her, as an artist or a person. I figure Sqeenix went with her because she's a cheap celeb. And also affordable.

But ultimatly, if I somehow manage to get her instead of my umpteenth Krille or Charlotte, and she's a good unit, I'll use her. If not, she'll collect dust with the other units I don't use. It's gonna take something far dumber than adding her to get me to quit this game. I'll probably never quit... I'm too addicted... :negative:

I love this and it sort of proves that SE/Gumi were actually right about picking Grande for this because your typical late 20s early 30s video game neckbeard has never heard of her while the tween/teenager demographic that knows who she is probably never played a FF before.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

We need a new thread title. If more goons knew that Ariana burrito grande was coming to the game, we'd get lots more people to join our Bedile bitching community.

Tiger Millionaire
Jan 25, 2014

He'll eat your kids and fire your parents!
While I think it's pretty cool and her unit looks neat I'm gutted that we have a pop star collab before a Bravely Default one.

Cu Chulainn tmr - quad wield.

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

lots of people think Outspoken Women are more blasphemous than Literal Advertisements in their ULTIMATE FANTASY SAGAS

e:

Kheldarn posted:

That's a really weird thing to think about someone you've (most likely) never met who seems to be a genuinely good person going by the information on wikipedia.

Go RV! fucked around with this message at 01:08 on Jan 3, 2017

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

The only negative thing I can find about Ariana Grande is that she licked a donut and said she hates America. She later said she was talking about obesity in America, that she was proud to be an American, and made an apology video about the whole thing.

Other than that I can't see a single thing that would make someone dislike Ariana Grande unless they dislike LGBT people, dogs, the homeless, helping people with AIDS/HIV, or people criticizing misogyny.

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

Eh, to be fair, Noctis IS a FF character and also not a real life person.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Patware posted:

Imagine with me, a world where people are frantically shouting "HOW MANY GODDAMN PULLS DO I HAVE TO MAKE UNTIL I GET THIS WINTER STEVE BUSCEMI VARIANT"

"Hey after Queen Latifah got her 6* she became the best tank in the game no questions asked."

"i'm just fusing all these lovely dicaprios together i have bad luck"

"loving Fenrir just got Harrison Ford and Dwayne Johnson in one 11-pull, how's this motherfucker keep getting the 5* bases?"

see the world I see and exult in Ariana Grande

I would play this game.

Kheldarn posted:

Pretty much this.

Now, put the Scumdogs of the Universe in this game, and I will rob some banks to fund my whaling.

Patware posted:

Yeah see "I don't like Ariana Grande" is a legit reaction to this, that's fine

Once someone's talking about Ariana Grande sullying Final Fantasy because she's not a REAL GAMER and probably NEVER PLAYED and doesn't belong in the holy Shrine of Game's, I'm just gonna assume they're a garbage person who is bad and sucks

She's young enough to have played video games without the social stigma Goons in their 30's and 40's will never truly recover from.

Cao Ni Ma posted:

I love this and it sort of proves that SE/Gumi were actually right about picking Grande for this because your typical late 20s early 30s video game neckbeard has never heard of her while the tween/teenager demographic that knows who she is probably never played a FF before.

I've heard of her. My musical tastes do not align however, and that's okay.

This whole situation is kind of silly, honestly.

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

iirc she's verified to have played video games to a significant degree

she seems like a Monster Hunter kind of gal

mods please rename thread to Final Fantasy Brave Exvius and Ariana Grande Chat Club

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
I have on good account that Fenrir is actually Ariana Grande using her contacts inside Squeenix to guarantee 5* pulls every banner. Please share for awareness.

Cry Havoc
May 10, 2004

fenriana can i have your autograph

deathbagel
Jun 10, 2008

Isn't she the one that was in that doughnut shop and say she hated America and Americans?

EDIT: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cb3i1dejBsI

I don't hear anything about obesity there. This was after she licked a bunch of the doughnuts that were sitting on the shelf too. She is a dumb oval office and wish they would have picked pretty much anyone else.

Also, I'm sure I'll pull 12 of her since I can't stand her.

deathbagel fucked around with this message at 02:45 on Jan 3, 2017

Cry Havoc
May 10, 2004

obesity in america

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Also hating Americans is like soccer, Americans are the only ones that don't do it.

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

deathbagel posted:

Isn't she the one that was in that doughnut shop and say she hated America and Americans?

tbh i'm not too high on america and my fellow americans either

edit: oh no the thread's going down a bad hole pull up pull up SO I'M GRINDING FOR EXPERIENCE IN THE MYSTIC WOODS

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

Dias posted:

Also hating Americans is like soccer, Americans are the only ones that don't do it.

i think you'll find that we hate ourselves a whole lot too but we just hide it in layers and layers of bluster and nationalism

MohShuvuu
Aug 26, 2010

I eat ass.
God bless that xmas bundle lapis

Tipme
Oct 30, 2009
Hi. I'm a Chelsea fan since 2010. Please murder me with a piece of pipe. thanks.

Patware posted:

edit: oh no the thread's going down a bad hole pull up pull up SO I'M GRINDING FOR EXPERIENCE IN THE MYSTIC WOODS

2 growth eggs means I can get a 6* unit from 1 to 100 in 15 runs, so 150 energy. About 20-30 minutes per run depending on my attentiveness. It owns. Technically 16.6 runs but I usually use some cactaurs or friend units to fill in the last 2 levels of EXP.

And especially since I'm leveling a Santa roselia, a healing LB with cure status effects, don't have to worry about poison.

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

Tipme posted:

2 growth eggs means I can get a 6* unit from 1 to 100 in 15 runs, so 150 energy. About 20-30 minutes per run depending on my attentiveness. It owns. Technically 16.6 runs but I usually use some cactaurs or friend units to fill in the last 2 levels of EXP.

And especially since I'm leveling a Santa roselia, a healing LB with cure status effects, don't have to worry about poison.

i'm levelling a whole pack, no growth eggs, Cerius/Exdeath/Refia/Chizuru/Bartz

no TMRs at all so i don't feel like dragging someone solo's a great move

Victis
Mar 26, 2008

deathbagel posted:

EDIT: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cb3i1dejBsI

I don't hear anything about obesity there. This was after she licked a bunch of the doughnuts that were sitting on the shelf too. She is a dumb oval office and wish they would have picked pretty much anyone else.

Also, I'm sure I'll pull 12 of her since I can't stand her.

She didn't lick any bagels dork, calm down

I'm pretty sure every American teenager who isn't a Young Republican gets some 'gently caress the world/establishment/country' ideas, but most don't have a camera pointed at them 24-7

I'm sure glad I wasn't in the public eye for example as I was a loving moron

Strong Ariana Grande opinions in this thread, I love it.

edti: Gumi pls make Ariana meta-defining to make Reddit and salty goons angry

Victis fucked around with this message at 05:25 on Jan 3, 2017

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

Everynight I wake up Screaming.
(and beating the dragon)

Dias posted:

Nah we do that too, probably more than anyone else but extremists. Particularly the hatred to black people and vice versa.

So she's a modern day Christina Aguilera? never heard one of her songs, or probably have but dont know or care to know without knowing.

Shoenin fucked around with this message at 06:33 on Jan 3, 2017

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

Everynight I wake up Screaming.
(and beating the dragon)
Mods please delete this useless message. My bad

Vax
Dec 29, 2011

delicious!

Fenrir posted:

I really didn't care at all until reddit started acting like the sky cracked open, fire rained from the heavens and the oceans turned to blood. Now I think it's wonderful :allears:

Okay yeah this turned out hilarious. I still think it's a lovely move in the wrong direction tho.

Skyridge
Jan 1, 2011

Tipme posted:

2 growth eggs means I can get a 6* unit from 1 to 100 in 15 runs, so 150 energy.

This honestly sounds pretty tempting, but I realized I have away too many things to TM grind first, like Zidanes 3-6 and my 14 Arcs so I can have my dual-weilding omnirod mage team.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

We're thinking too small here, guys. Or maybe too big. A lot of BF and FFBE's fanbase watches youtube, right? I know this because a whole bunch of people post their draw videos or trial videos there.

Petition for Gumi to replace Bedile with PewDiePie.

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

KataraniSword posted:

We're thinking too small here, guys. Or maybe too big. A lot of BF and FFBE's fanbase watches youtube, right? I know this because a whole bunch of people post their draw videos or trial videos there.

Petition for Gumi to replace Bedile with PewDiePie.

Too far.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy
THAR SHE BLOWS

Dark Fina is coming.

• Locked thread