Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jedah
Sep 1, 2001

YOU CAN NOT BUST THE KRUST

Jose posted:

i'm a big fan of the bounty hunter ranged bleed because it does so much damage once its on but maybe i'm using it to guarantee they die on their next turn when a melee hit might not. also i like loading bosses full of dots if i can

I'm just glad you're using the Bounty Hunter, because he owns. I try to stun with him as often as possible, then use Mark/Collect Bounty for larger enemies with a ton of health/defense.

Yeah, loading bosses full of dots is a solid strategy. Try bleeding out the Flesh boss with your Dogman, using Hound's Harry. It causes bleeding on all 4 ranks of it.

Also please keep your new avatar, it's good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

I just realized this game has a Nexus. Any class mods worth using?

Sjonkel
Jan 31, 2012
Yesterday I did the last boss on apprentice difficulty, the Flesh. From all 8, The Hag was the one I was most uncomfortable with, and the one I dread the most for veteran levels. Both the Swine King and the Prophet were completely neutered by the Occultist, does this work as well on the harder difficulties?

Makaris
May 4, 2009

Sjonkel posted:

Yesterday I did the last boss on apprentice difficulty, the Flesh. From all 8, The Hag was the one I was most uncomfortable with, and the one I dread the most for veteran levels. Both the Swine King and the Prophet were completely neutered by the Occultist, does this work as well on the harder difficulties?

Yes, it does, and is the primary reason to have at least one on your roster. They aren't good healers but they do good damage and absolutely trash some bosses. Not super great in the DD though.

Ithle01
May 28, 2013

Sjonkel posted:

The Hag is fairly easy on higher difficulties because she doesn't gain much hp and you can nuke her down with strong back row damage dealers. Take a Hellion, Bounty Hunter, Occultist, Grave Robber if you want to wreck her hard. The Flesh is the one that's really bad on higher levels because it has a higher crit chance and that combined with dots will kill party members - that whole fight is a crap shoot to see if the Flesh mutates into a form that can't really hurt you or whether it mutates into a killer form.

Makaris
May 4, 2009

DrManiac posted:

If you're a maniac like me the zero light mod is nice. It removed the +light factor from the Vestal and Crusaders moves.

Don't bother with the pitch black mod or whatever it's called. Increasing RNG dependence is like the worst way to make the game harder.

In regards to the bosses, I agree that the Flesh goes from kind of easy at Apprentice, then amps to completely terrifying the rest today the time. Huge damage with Dots is how characters die.

Makaris fucked around with this message at 22:33 on Jan 3, 2017

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Ithle01 posted:

The Flesh is the one that's really bad on higher levels because it has a higher crit chance and that combined with dots will kill party members - that whole fight is a crap shoot to see if the Flesh mutates into a form that can't really hurt you or whether it mutates into a killer form.

Bring a PD and Hellion and give them two stun trinkets each and you can stunlock the whole mess, preferably while a pair of dogmans start stacking 50-70+ bleed damage.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

DrManiac posted:

i find the Sexy Leper replacement to be essential for my verisimilitude

e:

Inexplicable Humblebrag fucked around with this message at 23:04 on Jan 3, 2017

NarkyBark
Dec 7, 2003

one funky chicken
For the Flesh I just focused on area attacks. I think Occultist - PD - Hound - Any Tank gets the job done nicely. For the tank and any other direct hits focus any damage on the Hearts, they have less Prot than the other pieces. Everyone else can let the DoT's fly.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

DOWN JACKET FETISH posted:

i find the Sexy Leper replacement to be essential for my verisimilitude

e:

lmao

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

I think I hate you now.

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
lol

Anyway, I just got this game, and Collectors keep up showing everywhere and kicking my rear end. I thought the third attempt against one was going good, then I lost three characters. Lol.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
Sexy Lepers add a whole new meaning to the phrase "take it off."

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

Cultures thrive on their myths and legends...and snuggles!

The caption isn't wrong

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

but yes there's even more images on the author's work-in-progress page

White Coke
May 29, 2015
Why are the leggings changing size? In that last picture they're thigh high but in others they don't come up to the knee.

Iretep
Nov 10, 2009
two diffrent models. one with higher leggings.

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

The Dark Entity: Oh gently caress what the poo poo is that thing!?

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

The thing has no name for it needs no language. Nevertheless, those who would submit to its wordless will are rewarded, in a fashion. The creature's blessings are as repulsive as they are robust. Twisted, half human monstrosities stalk the flesh-ridden halls, protecting their gestating god.

Ithle01
May 28, 2013

Straight White Shark posted:

Bring a PD and Hellion and give them two stun trinkets each and you can stunlock the whole mess, preferably while a pair of dogmans start stacking 50-70+ bleed damage.

yeah that's the best solution but then again I've had times where you get a stun resist or the flesh just rolls high on initiative and you get double crit + dot on a party member followed by their immediate death. I remember one time I did the fight on veteran I had 3 dead party members on the second round due to absolutely ridiculous bullshit rolls and forgetting to bring holy water to pop before the fight. In terms of bosses there isn't much out there worse than the Flesh that isn't inside the DD.

Jedah
Sep 1, 2001

:getin:

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

that's an avatar right there.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

DOWN JACKET FETISH posted:

but yes there's even more images on the author's work-in-progress page

The ground quakes!

(Seriously, why do people come up with this poo poo? I'm beginning to see why the Catholic church emphasises celibacy)

Daeren
Aug 18, 2009

YER MUSTACHE IS CROOKED

Samovar posted:

The ground quakes!

(Seriously, why do people come up with this poo poo? I'm beginning to see why the Catholic church emphasises celibacy)

Do you really think this sort of mod is made by people with ordinary outlets for their sex drive?

Daeren fucked around with this message at 10:06 on Jan 4, 2017

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

Daeren posted:

Do you really think this sort of mod is made by people with ordinary outlets for their sex drive?

True.

I'm beginning to understand why the Catholic Church emphasised execution by fire.

Jedah
Sep 1, 2001

Samovar posted:

I'm beginning to see why the Catholic church emphasises celibacy

Samovar posted:

I'm beginning to understand why the Catholic Church emphasised execution by fire.

I'd emphasize that you do some research on the Catholic Church, because their reputation isn't very squeaky clean. It's true that Pope Francis is helping to restore their tarnished reputation, but the damage has still been done.

"A man in a robe, claiming communion with the divine. Madness."

Jedah fucked around with this message at 15:52 on Jan 4, 2017

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

Jedah posted:

I'd emphasize that you do some research on the Catholic Church, because their reputation isn't very squeaky clean. It's true that Pope Francis is helping to restore their tarnished reputation, but the damage has still been done.

"A man in a robe, claiming communion with the divine. Madness."

way to really stick it to the church, man

Jedah
Sep 1, 2001

Soothing Vapors posted:

way to really stick it to the church, man

hey man, we were just trying to enjoy some powerful butts and Samovar crashed the party.

Cicadalek
May 8, 2006

Trite, contrived, mediocre, milquetoast, amateurish, infantile, cliche-and-gonorrhea-ridden paean to conformism, eye-fucked me, affront to humanity, war crime, should *literally* be tried for war crimes, talentless fuckfest, pedantic, listless, savagely boring, just one repulsive laugh after another
Curious is the modmaker's art,

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

I hope that mod keeps the Leper's dialogue intact.

Truly, I am a wretched thing.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Cicadalek posted:

Curious is the modmaker's art,

His efficacy un-unseeable by the thread's eyes.

tokenbrownguy
Apr 1, 2010

Dazed. Reeling. About to post…

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Does upgrading weapons affect all attacks or just those actually using the weapon? What are the journal pages for?

Jose fucked around with this message at 12:48 on Jan 6, 2017

Thuryl
Mar 14, 2007

My postillion has been struck by lightning.

Jose posted:

Does upgrading weapons affect all attacks or just those actually using the weapon?

All attacks.

quote:

What are the journal pages for?

They're just flavour.

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

does upgrading the vestal's weapon improve her healing "attacks"?

The Skeleton King
Jul 16, 2011

Right now undead are at the top of my shit list. Undead are complete fuckers. Those geists are fuckers. Necromancers are fuckers. Necrosavants are big time fuckers. Skeletons aren't too bad except when they bleed everyone in the company. Zombos are at least not too bad.

Managed to finish the second DD mission with Occultist, Bounty Hunter, Man-at-Arms, and Leper. Went well initially. The Leper ripped through most enemies and did the bulk of the work against the Templar. He was the only one vulnerable to revelation but got virtue anyway so whatever.

Occ was my healer since I had no vestal available and there are no other good healers. He was the weak link for sure since debuffs aren't good against Templar.

Everyone was below half health for most of the run and I got lucky a lot. Final fight had the MAA die of heart attack. In the end the final Templar killed everyone except the BH, who critted him twice while on death's door and won the day.

I could've waited to get a vestal leveled up, and gotten a houndmaster to replace the MAA, but that would take a long time and I was sick of waiting.

I do wish this game had a third option for a worthwhile healer. I guess the arbalest might work but I'd rather shoot.

Thuryl
Mar 14, 2007

double nine posted:

Just her damage, I'm pretty sure. To improve her heals, you have to upgrade the healing skill itself.

The Skeleton King
Jul 16, 2011

Right now undead are at the top of my shit list. Undead are complete fuckers. Those geists are fuckers. Necromancers are fuckers. Necrosavants are big time fuckers. Skeletons aren't too bad except when they bleed everyone in the company. Zombos are at least not too bad.

double nine posted:

It makes her faster, but I don't know about the numbers. I never really checked.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

does any class blight well in the second position on the right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thuryl
Mar 14, 2007

Jose posted:

does any class blight well in the second position on the right?

The only class I can think of that has a blight from that position is Abomination. It's probably his worst skill, but he can do it.