Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Whitenoise Poster
Mar 26, 2010

Blinky2099 posted:

64v64 or whatever

This would be a really fun arcade mode thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bluhman
Nov 7, 2009

Low morale causes the golems to dance in panic.
64 vs 64 would probably destroy peoples' computers. A 12v12 (20v20?) brawl would be more reasonable I bet, maybe if it severely slowed ult charge and/or staggered the rate at which people can get them? 64 v 64 sounds fun until you consider the possibility of potentially 128 dragonstrikes flying through the map all at once (since with 64 players there does have to be some repeat heroes in there).

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

this game was not designed with big player counts in mind and would be absolute trash if they upped it at all

I don't think you could even fit 128 people on any of the koth maps, let alone the spawns

Whitenoise Poster
Mar 26, 2010

Well obviously you have to make a special massively oversized map. With instant respawn. And like no time or score limit so that I can play that poo poo 24/7.

Blinky2099
May 27, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
correct strategy: reinhardts creating a full circle barrier like in 300. with roadhogs who pull people into your death circle.

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004
The only truly competitive mode is 1 of each hero

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Blinky2099 posted:

correct strategy: reinhardts creating a full circle barrier like in 300. with roadhogs who pull people into your death circle.

I've played a mini version of this a few times in no limits and it's loving awesome.

Dragongem
Nov 9, 2009

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion
3 out of 3 promotional times where my 11th hour lootbox before I have to stop contains an event legendary. Nutcracker Zenyatta!

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

Craptacular! posted:

As much as I whine about heroes (and I whine about all of them! You should see the posts I didn't write about how Torbjorn shouldn't be allowed to repair his turret) absolutely none of them are as infuriating as New Symmetra. I can actually feel an enjoyable fun game, and this weird no-fear Left Click Scourge comes through the land turning my whole team into garbage and ruins it all.

It's like you can actually watch Overwatch be broken before your eyes.

It's not actually quite that balanced because 76 is absurd, but in games where nobody picks him (super rare) it actually feels like the old game.

The thing about Symmetra is that she steadily becomes less of a terror the better people can actually aim, because it turns out that people who are decent at aiming can actually go up against someone whose sole evasive option is bunny-hopping in a predictable arc and win instead of panicking while the laser ramps up to actually respectable damage.

Torbjorn is the game's checkpoint for "can you shoot a stationary target, y/n?" Symmetra is the checkpoint for whether or not you can shoot a moving target.

IronicDongz posted:

OW will probably be less tank heavy in the future but I find it highly, highly unlikely that OW will ever return to being as aggressive as it used to be at times like 150 genji+unlimited harmony

No, as soon as whatever changes that break the tanks + Ana meta come down the pike the game's going to go back to being as aggressive as it used to be. The only reason things are like the way they are at the moment is because Ana puts out enough healing to keep tanks alive even under sustained DPS-level fire, and as soon as that goes away people are going to go right back to running as aggressive a comp as they can because nothing else has really changed all that much to merit people moving away from those fast-moving, aggressive snowball comps except the Ana's ability to keep people topped off through the apocalypse.

I suppose the change to ult charge rates could have an impact but I don't really see that discouraging people from running aggressive, dive-y comps, it might change which characters they use for it (Tracer instead of Genji, say), but that's about all.

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

During the Halloween event, I was only missing the Reaper skin on the last day. Got one more loot box and it had Pumpkin Reaper in it.

Just got one last winter loot box for 3 Arcade wins and it contained Mei-rry - the last skin missing for this event.

I call shenanigans. Not that I am complaining, but that feels super fishy in a good way.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
if it makes you feel better, most people aren't even getting enough skins from their boxes to get to the point where they're only missing one in the first place

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
the game went ahead and gave me santaclad in the last few boxes i got which was the last skin on my list i was on the fence about buying but decided not to

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

I'd be cool with a 12v12 1 hero-limit Arcade mode. That might be fun.

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.
I want a mode that's just 6v6 non-stop team deathmatch that respawns players immediately, sort of like Quake.

Drunk Driver Dad
Feb 18, 2005
Just got this game on Ps4. Not really sure how grouping works in this game quite yet, but my PSN is DrunkDriverDad if anyone feels like playing with an idiot. So far I've mostly just rocked Soldier 76. When I played WoW I really enjoyed healing, so I want to give the support classes a try soon. In fact, I'm always trying to make the best out of 76's healing ability.

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH

Kai Tave posted:

The thing about Symmetra is that she steadily becomes less of a terror the better people can actually aim, because it turns out that people who are decent at aiming can actually go up against someone whose sole evasive option is bunny-hopping in a predictable arc and win instead of panicking while the laser ramps up to actually respectable damage.

Torbjorn is the game's checkpoint for "can you shoot a stationary target, y/n?" Symmetra is the checkpoint for whether or not you can shoot a moving target.

That would be fine if she wasn't the size of a Q-Tip. I still think this is the furthest possible thing from a support character, though. Outdoing 76 in damage while also not having to worry about bullet spread or even reasonably worry about aim because of the bendy-beam tracking thing is pretty dumb!

Craptacular! fucked around with this message at 14:45 on Jan 3, 2017

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

IronicDongz posted:

if it makes you feel better, most people aren't even getting enough skins from their boxes to get to the point where they're only missing one in the first place

I got two santa torbjörns and two mei's :frogbon:

All I wanted was the tracer skin but I never got it. Had to spend 3000 cold hard fake game bucks on it :(

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
We decided to buy five loot boxes right before the event ended last night. Two were all duplicates, two were 3/4 duplicates, and the last one had all new stuff. At least we got most of what we wanted this time around, because I'm still in mourning over the Junkrat Halloween skin.

Gloryhold It!
Sep 22, 2008

Fucking
Adorable
I got three legendary duplicates last night.

headcase
Sep 28, 2001

Theta Zero posted:

I want a mode that's just 6v6 non-stop team deathmatch that respawns players immediately, sort of like Quake.

New brawl: Antarctica with health and armor packs in key locations. Pharah, soldier and reaper only, No ults, no jumpjets.

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

Craptacular! posted:

That would be fine if she wasn't the size of a Q-Tip. I still think this is the furthest possible thing from a support character, though. Outdoing 76 in damage while also not having to worry about bullet spread or even reasonably worry about aim because of the bendy-beam tracking thing is pretty dumb!
Even when charged her DPS is 120, well below Soldier's bodyshot DPS of 200.

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010

Irony Be My Shield posted:

Even when charged her DPS is 120, well below Soldier's bodyshot DPS of 200.
Soldier's dps can theoretically be 200 if you never miss, but nobody never misses. (when you think about it, soldier's ultimate doesn't actually do anything, it's a completely pointless ability once you git gud).
Symmetra's actual real dps is 120.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Do you get anything in return for a duplicate?

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

mcbexx posted:

During the Halloween event, I was only missing the Reaper skin on the last day. Got one more loot box and it had Pumpkin Reaper in it.

Just got one last winter loot box for 3 Arcade wins and it contained Mei-rry - the last skin missing for this event.

I call shenanigans. Not that I am complaining, but that feels super fishy in a good way.

the only holiday skin I got on pc at all this time was mei's and the only one I got on ps4 was reaper's (which I'd already bought, thinking I wouldn't play anymore during the event)

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

Mymla posted:

Soldier's dps can theoretically be 200 if you never miss, but nobody never misses. (when you think about it, soldier's ultimate doesn't actually do anything, it's a completely pointless ability once you git gud).

yeah at 10 meters

symmetra is not broken. she's not even especially good, all the buff did was make her marginally useful at all stages of a (defense) game instead of marginally useful on point A of a couple of maps

e: also she has to warm the laser up, it starts out at a quarter of that DPS

Tuxedo Catfish fucked around with this message at 17:36 on Jan 3, 2017

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC

Poque posted:

A small portion of its value in Overbucks.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

Mymla posted:

Soldier's ultimate eliminates his spread and reduces his reload time, allowing you to focus entirely on playing evasively while still accurately hitting enemies while firing nonstop, so the statement that it does nothing isn't true and even good players use it. Also his damage doesn't require ramping up the way Symmetra does, his effective range is far better, he can headshot, and he has a rocket which can do 120 burst damage all on its own. Symmetra's effectiveness as a murder machine is vastly overrated, usually by teams too uncoordinated and lacking the aim to kill a 200 hitpoint character with no escape ability that has to walk within 10 meters of someone to start doing damage to them.

Slowpoke!
Feb 12, 2008

ANIME IS FOR ADULTS

Craptacular! posted:

She should be categorized as a defensive character. Her only active support skill was her old E shield, and even that was pushing it.

Also Sym doesn't outdamage 76 until she is fully ramped up. Her damage is high, but it has two conditions (close range and she has to wait for it to ramp up). It SHOULD be high to reward her for having to meet those conditions despite being squishy and having no mobility skills. I think she is fine, though the shield generator thing might be too strong of an ult considering its 75 shielding, massive range and health making it very hard to destroy and the fact that it doesn't run out of charges like the teleporter.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

e: also she has to warm the laser up, it starts out at a quarter of that DPS

Also the range at which the laser will remain leashed is unchanged, it's just the distance to make the initial connection that was changed.

Granted, the longer reach on the initial latch helps a good deal, especially in conjunction with the new E shield, but that's about opening, not maintaining.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
She doesn't even outdamage Soldier WHEN she's fully ramped up. Soldier does 200 DPS, and at the range Symmetra has to engage at Soldier can pretty much fire on full auto and not have to worry about spread. Hell, Reaper does 280 DPS with his shotguns. And both of those weapons can headshot. Ever wonder why Reaper works so well against, say, Winston? Tracer does 200 headshottable DPS and has an equally squirrelly hitbox as Symmetra plus blink and recall.

Symmetra's damage is okay, but not THAT great.

Kuros
Sep 13, 2010

Oh look, the consequences of my prior actions are finally catching up to me.
Just got this came a couple of days ago and I'm really enjoying it. Already up to rank 11 and got lucky with some of the last winter loot boxes and got a couple of the winter skins.

Mostly playing 76 since I like his style of play. I need to learn some more heroes. Probably will learn Rein, Lucio and someone else in order to have some diversity.

Thor-Stryker
Nov 11, 2005
:allears: at the Symmetra debate. It'd be interesting to see what platforms/rank people who dislike her are at. Because she honestly isn't as bad as getting mulched by Mcree/76 from across the map.

DrSeRRoD
Apr 5, 2008

Poque posted:

1/5th of the cost. Special event items are still only given 1/5th of the normal cost, not the inflated 3x event cost, so whether you get a duplicate regular legendary, or an event legendary, you only get 200 credits.

Unoriginal Name
Aug 1, 2006

by sebmojo
The only thing wrong with Symmetra is her infinite duration, refundable ultimate .

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010
Yeah, I don't think Symmetra does OP damage on her own, but I think she does too much damage considering she also gives her team 75 extra regenerating hp.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

symmetra's great if she can get set up, which means the offensive team needs to lose a fight or two. if you can manage that, she's worth it. if not, you're gonna get rolled on that point. it's a gamble but one that pays off pretty well on some maps (like eichenwalde)

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

I don't think the shield generator is actually that unreasonable. It's probably about as good as most other ults for an individual team fight, you just get to effectively use it every fight if the other team can't find it.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
It's not even like it's impossible to beat Symmetra even after she gets the generator rolling. If you find yourself having a hard time dealing with a Symm boosted team Zenyatta is a helpful choice, as is playing Find The Shield Generator.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Irony Be My Shield posted:

I don't think the shield generator is actually that unreasonable. It's probably about as good as most other ults for an individual team fight, you just get to effectively use it every fight if the other team can't find it.

It shouldn't have infinite uses

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010
Make it 100-150 shields, faster charge, but just a single application.