Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ul6UcvNX4o8

Hihohe has a new favorite as of 02:22 on Jan 3, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!

Garrand posted:

A while back I remember hearing about a raid of some kind on a medicinal marijuana place or something, but overall there hasn't been a hard crackdown on states that have legalized it.

It's definitely done a good job at showing the true colors of 'states rights' republicans who then assert they want the federal government to punish said states though. When the legalization train first started some years ago there were a small number of posters on the Free Republic forums who called out others who made posts like that. Guess which side of things started getting banned?

It's pretty simple: Is this a freedom/state's right I personally agree with? The government should stay out of it.
Is this so-called freedom/state's right thing something I don't think others should do? The federal government should do its job and ban it already.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

MAGA-hat wearing person I otherwise respect. :smithicide:

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Activating self-destruct sequence!
Fun Shoe

aardwolf posted:

Is there a name for the phenomenon where crazy people straight up tell others the role they are supposed to subsequently play in their personal script ("You do X", "You think Y", "You act Z"...)? I think it goes a bit beyond simple projection.

It's probably narcissistic personality disorder but I'm no psychiatrist.

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Hihohe posted:

https://www.youtube.com/shared?ci=-RtmWLb9asw

Is there anyway I can make this so its not a shared video

The title seems to be a link so click on it and that should take you directly to the video. It works for me at least.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.

Plom Bar
Jun 5, 2004

hardest time i ever done :(

This is embarrassing.

il_cornuto
Oct 10, 2004

Strangely unsurprising.

bean_shadow posted:

Quora.com, a sort of high-end question and answer site.
What's it like living in a liberal state features this gem:

just like smoke detectors posted:

Your comment on a license to store guns - if you live on the fifth floor with neighbors nearby, cameras everywhere and multiple steel doors between you and an intruder, there might be some small argument for that. In the wide open spaces however one might argue for needing a license for NOT owning one, just like smoke detectors are required, visible house numbers at the road are required. In country houses everyone who knew how to use a gun knew where the guns are and how to open the safe(s). Government can be good, but how much do we need.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

Absurd Alhazred posted:

MAGA-hat wearing person I otherwise respect. :smithicide:

Either he's willfully ignorant why they should not be okay with Putin, or they're hoping Trump aspires to be like Putin and be President for life.

bean_shadow
Sep 27, 2005

If men had uteruses they'd be called duderuses.
Telomeres guy is crying ageism and the story has been picked up by CBS

fizzymercury
Aug 18, 2011

Not a surprise, but there is a disturbing and disgusting amount of people supporting this shitbrick in the comments. People really have a deep misunderstanding of sexual maturity. Also HOLY gently caress the guy is homeless and believes in sperm magic! What? He needs a stable mental facility and a 72 hour hold, ASAP.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

fizzymercy posted:

Not a surprise, but there is a disturbing and disgusting amount of people supporting this shitbrick in the comments. People really have a deep misunderstanding of sexual maturity. Also HOLY gently caress the guy is homeless and believes in sperm magic! What? He needs a stable mental facility and a 72 hour hold, ASAP.

These are all, presumably, adults.

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

Get ready for teh wacky laughz0r!

Freaquency posted:

Now do you understand why Trump won the election

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Freaquency posted:

:laffo:

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
I'm usually able to laugh at the people in this thread but honestly, I'm more than a little worried that the Telomeres dude is going to hurt someone.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

OldTennisCourt posted:

I'm usually able to laugh at the people in this thread but honestly, I'm more than a little worried that the Telomeres dude is going to hurt someone.

I mean, maybe? I see it being more likely that he gets enough notoriety where some assholes beat him to death on the streets.

These things never have happy endings. Some of you might remember the dude who lost his job after making threats against his new boss because she was a woman? Dude pissed away literal millions on strippers and became homeless. Mental illness is just a loving black hole sometimes.

belt
May 12, 2001

by Nyc_Tattoo

OldTennisCourt posted:

I'm with you. This dude has a definite "shoot up a particular Starbucks" vibe.

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.
Idiots on Social Media: Loud and Uncertain Terms

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

BaronVonVaderham posted:

A huge pet peeve of mine lately is the rise of "an image that is just a screenshot of text", but holy poo poo....

I'm surprised Dictionary.com is so readily bookmarked. I'm not surprised the person sharing this needs it, just that they actually expend that minimal effort to understand the big scary words.

What I don't get is where did the penis comment even come from?

Are there people who genuinely associate penis size "Ha ha, I'm so drat manly!" with quintuplets?

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

Gorilla Salad posted:

Are there people who genuinely associate penis size "Ha ha, I'm so drat manly!" with quintuplets?
The joke points out it's a redneck, so they're probably assuming big dick = virile = many baby

Deceitful Penguin
Feb 16, 2011
hrrrm, yes, what is the joke in some dude engaging in stereotypical machismo and then being informed of him being cuckolded, which is the very antithesis of that, all the while having the aforementioned man be a member of a stereotypically dumb and racist group

i'm just struggling with my retarded brain to get what might be happening here but it just ain't connecting

InediblePenguin
Sep 27, 2004

I'm strong. And a giant penguin. Please don't eat me. No, really. Don't try.

Gorilla Salad posted:

got a big dick shoots a big load puts more sperms in the womb for the babby

this is an extant folk belief

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

So, Harvey, what became of the giant penny?

They actually let him keep it.
And if you have a narrow urethra, your boy won't be right.

Blind Pineapple
Oct 27, 2010

For The Perfect Fruit 'n' Kaman

1 part gin
1 part pomegranate syrup
Fill with pineapple juice
Serve over crushed ice

College Slice
Same person. Not sure exactly what he makes, but I can comfortably say it's no less than $60k/yr.

Blind Pineapple has a new favorite as of 08:47 on Jan 3, 2017

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

InediblePenguin posted:

got a big dick shoots a big load puts more sperms in the womb for the babby

this is an extant folk belief

I really shouldn't be surprised that there are people that stupid. It just seemed a really forced setup for a lame black fear joke.

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Activating self-destruct sequence!
Fun Shoe

rear end in a top hat posted:

Are you telling me you can't live off $7.25 an hour?

Pretty much, that's exactly what people are saying. I barely live off 20 an hour in Australia.

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

This is what meat is supposed to be like, dingus

Gorilla Salad posted:

I really shouldn't be surprised that there are people that stupid. It just seemed a really forced setup for a lame black fear joke.

We have a Swedish version about three fathers where the hospital mixed up the babies. So the fathers are faced with 3 babies and can't be sure which belongs to who. One father is black, One is from Stockholm and one is from Gothenburg. So the father from Gothenburg says he'll take the black baby because at least then he can be sure it's not the Stockholm baby.

Is that black fear or Stockholm fear?

Edit: Any news about the latest wacky adventures of Telomeres guy?

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

That's cruel but sensible on the part of the Gothenburg father.

Drunk Driver Dad
Feb 18, 2005

Blind Pineapple posted:

Same person. Not sure exactly what he makes, but I can comfortably say it's no less than $60k/yr.

Not necessarily. I work a physical job that involves a good bit of easily learned skills, and it starts off about 3 or 4 bucks above minimum wage and we all work like 50-70 hour weeks, so all our money comes from overtime. Most everyone there are all staunchly against raising minimum wage. I think it's because you don't have a great job, but it's a good step above minimum wage and I feel the driving factor behind these attitudes is a desire to feel superior to others.

e: an anecdote - Sometimes someone will leave before lunch to go pick up food for everyone. A lot of times they are walking up in a McDonalds with sometimes as high as 11 or 12 separate orders. Even if there's a tiny mistake, like one person got onions on their burger when they asked for none, they get really pissy and do the "herp how hard can it be, loving idiots" As someone who has worked fast food, the only thing hard about our job are the hours. It's way the gently caress easier than a prime time rush at McDonalds.

Drunk Driver Dad has a new favorite as of 11:58 on Jan 3, 2017

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

Yeah I don't quite get it. I make more than 15/hr built not a huge amount more. So if minimum wage was increased to 15/hr I'd just immediately argue to my boss that I should get a significant raise due to working in a field that requires significant experience and education above and beyond an entry level job. Presumably people opposed to the minimum wage hike either make so much more than the minimum that this argument could not be used, or have so little faith in their own skills or their company's morals that they don't think they could make a successful case for a raise higher than 15/hr.

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌

Terrible Opinions posted:

Yeah I don't quite get it. I make more than 15/hr built not a huge amount more. So if minimum wage was increased to 15/hr I'd just immediately argue to my boss that I should get a significant raise due to working in a field that requires significant experience and education above and beyond an entry level job. Presumably people opposed to the minimum wage hike either make so much more than the minimum that this argument could not be used, or have so little faith in their own skills or their company's morals that they don't think they could make a successful case for a raise higher than 15/hr.

Yes, but it doesn't matter how much they're earning as long as they're earning more than the other guy. And they know that they're making more than some people now, but if minimum wage is increased those who are unworthy might one day make as much as they do.

Spite is a powerful motivator.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Terrible Opinions posted:

Or, C, they just hate the idea of anyone else getting money for what they view as "no reason at all". A depressingly high number of people living near the poverty line will argue that the minimum wage shouldn't be increased because something something millennials. It's always just the same bullshit about how kids are lazy, we shouldn't reward people for no reason and that they get on fine without that money (they don't) all while completely ignoring the reasons why people need minimum wage raised so badly.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
Welcome to crab mentality.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Intoluene posted:

Pretty much, that's exactly what people are saying. I barely live off 20 an hour in Australia.

At least the guy is admitting how he thinks poor people should live: in a tiny one-room apartment with no climate control (good luck if you live in Florida where an interior can get over 100 degrees Fahrenheit in the summer!) and no amenities but a stove top and fridge. He wants the poor to live with nothing but the absolute bare necessities until they can be deserving of happiness.

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money
The ouija board thing was a few pages ago, but what's the deal with otherwise skeptical people buying into the ouija/spirits/bad energy/curses thing?

I don't think there's anything wrong with it, believe what you want, but I personally know several people that will poke fun at religion and then very seriously warn against ouija boards.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

chitoryu12 posted:

At least the guy is admitting how he thinks poor people should live: in a tiny one-room apartment with no climate control (good luck if you live in Florida where an interior can get over 100 degrees Fahrenheit in the summer!) and no amenities but a stove top and fridge. He wants the poor to live with nothing but the absolute bare necessities until they can be deserving of happiness.

Refrigerators?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Al5E3KbIfeo

BlankIsBeautiful
Apr 4, 2008

Feeling a little inadequate?

public page

ok, everyone type "11" now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlankIsBeautiful
Apr 4, 2008

Feeling a little inadequate?
And the hits just keep on coming. 2017's going to be a great year, I guess. Somehow.