Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer

ManofManyAliases posted:

During break, at least 20. Before Break? At least 40 = )
how can you play that much of this garbage when some of the best shooters ever are out right now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Polish Avenger
Feb 13, 2007
has an invalid opinion.

Beet Wagon posted:

As I understand it, they merged with TWC and Bright House, which is why all my bills have this on them:

My dad works for comcast (nothing evil) and when it looked like the Comcast TWCable merger was going through I was trying to get him to lobby superiors to unironically call the spin-off company Kabletown from 30 Rock. Of course, his voice wouldn't have mattered, they would have gone with Greatland Connections™ if the FCC didn't slam the door.

Mr.PayDay
Jan 2, 2004
life is short - play hard

Propagandist posted:

:drat:
Where is that from?

From the Australian PC Powerplay paper issue, written by Bennett Ring in summer 2015 IIRC

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

ManofManyAliases posted:

I don't have a blog.

Blogs aren't allowed unless you monetize them. Good to know.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

ManofManyAliases posted:

What's bullshit is that you promised me ground vehicles in the last long mile of 2016 and I still can't get around your lovely map-editor of a game. I'm also over 2 hours so Steam won't give me my money back. :negative:

1 - wrong. promised no such thing. unlike you CIG clowns, we actually have a roadmap that's never changing according to whims.

2 - wrong. if you actually owned/played the game, you'd know that you currently have so many ways to get around the game world (stations, space, planets), that you'd stop counting at 5

3 - wrong. if you actually owned the game, you'd know that you can get a full refund from Steam at any time within their guidelines (including Early Access)

None of this is going to make Star Citizen any less of a scam. And when all is said and done, like with all my games - unlike Star Citizen / Squadron 42, the game will be completed and released.

Your turn.

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

Ol Cactus Dick posted:

I know you are trying to justify the insane amount of money you spent to yourself but seriously, why not play a good shooter instead?

I mean, I have ARMA, BF3/BF4, CS:Go. I don't need to subscribe to only one, do i?

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

AP posted:

I predicted an engine change for last year. For 2017 I predict that CIG are going to announce a delay on SQ42 and that it won't ship with the first release of Star Citizen. They will also swap out the SQ42 package everyone owns with a "replacement ship of higher value" and say the initial release of SQ42 will be free.

The thinking being that SQ42 is a broken mess and if they dump it to "later", possibly with a shiny trailer they can call the Star Citizen game done released, wait out the resulting drama and the two week refund period. Then go bust only owing backers the value of SQ42 which is now "free".

First off, it doesn't count unless you put it in your blog.

Secondly, that will not work with the megawhales. They already have the best of JPeGs.

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

D_Smart posted:

1 - wrong. promised no such thing. unlike you CIG clowns, we actually have a roadmap that's never changing according to whims.

2 - wrong. if you actually owned/played the game, you'd know that you currently have so many ways to get around the game world (stations, space, planets), that you'd stop counting at 5

3 - wrong. if you actually owned the game, you'd know that you can get a full refund from Steam at any time within their guidelines (including Early Access)

None of this is going to make Star Citizen any less of a scam. And when all is said and done, like with all my games - unlike Star Citizen / Squadron 42, the game will be completed and released.

Your turn.

Nah, I'm good. There's a brick wall here that's miles more entertaining.

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer
u need some new shooters moma

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

TheAgent posted:

how can you play that much of this garbage when some of the best shooters ever are out right now

2016 might have been a horrible year for just about everything but shooters. Overwatch, BF1, DOOM, TF2 among others. Then SM released as CIGs year end capstone and its thoroughly mediocre to bad depending on what you compare it to and whether or not the server are making GBS threads themselves.

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

XK posted:

Blogs aren't allowed unless you monetize them. Good to know.

I mean, he's missing a golden opportunity. 20 or so hits daily ... that adds up.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

ManofManyAliases posted:

No, it was (plus, I try to be fair). But I needed to see first-hand why it was so lovely I can't simply go on and discount the rantings of a narcissist lunatic without first understanding a little about where he comes from.

Again with the personal attacks. Did you lose the rest of your marbles from being stuck in an elevator?

ps: What is your Line Of Defense character name?

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

ManofManyAliases posted:

I mean, I have ARMA, BF3/BF4, CS:Go. I don't need to subscribe to only one, do i?

You just said you spent 60 hours in star marine, also that you were playing LoD, you don't have time left for any good games. Do you have some kind of poo poo game fetish?

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.

D_Smart posted:

Again with the personal attacks. Did you lose the rest of your marbles from being stuck in an elevator?

Uh oh, here comes the dox!

JugbandDude
Jul 19, 2016

Remember when you were young, you shone like the sun

Shine on you crazy diamond!
Would you buy a Warlord themed mug, MOMA?

I would probably buy a Legal plushie and consult with him whenever a co-worker asked for something impossible.

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

Who loving let MoMA back in. The thread's been tolerable without his never ending stream of poo poo trickling down my screen.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Sickening posted:

doxx or bloxx, it's one of those. maybe both

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

ManofManyAliases posted:

I mean, he's missing a golden opportunity. 20 or so hits daily ... that adds up.

I don't know if there's a person on the internet you could credibly give financial advice

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

How apropos you bring Scientology in to this.

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

ManofManyAliases posted:

Which ARMA? Why not BF1? CS:GO is poo poo.

Titanfall 2 is awesome, COD infinite warface is fun. Try those.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Sabreseven posted:

There is no BF1LOTTO though

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Sabreseven posted:

Titanfall 2 is rad as gently caress. Just lmao if you play Star Marine instead.

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

D_Smart posted:

Lucas.

ManofManyAliases fucked around with this message at 20:58 on Jan 3, 2017

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Spakstik posted:

Welcome to Bleak Rhombus, commando

Forget that. The real badasses hang out at Vaguely Unpleasant Dodecahedron.

Samizdata fucked around with this message at 20:59 on Jan 3, 2017

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

Sickening posted:

I always take the stairs. It's much more healthy.

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

Sabreseven posted:

I was CAL main and CEVO-M, so CS will always have a special place for me.
-Arma 3
-I hate the newer CODs.

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

I don't know if there's a person on the internet you could credibly give financial advice

Why not? I mean, I have extra to spend. I got that somehow.

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

Xaerael posted:

Who loving let MoMA back in. The thread's been tolerable without his never ending stream of poo poo trickling down my screen.

Don't touch the poop.

Strangler 42
Jan 8, 2007

SHAVE IT ALL OFF
ALL OF IT

ManofManyAliases posted:

How much money have you spent on these games and what is the dollar:fun ratio compared to Star Citizen?

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

ManofManyAliases posted:

Is SQ42 coming out in 2017?

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

XK posted:

Is SQ42 coming out in 2017?

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

ManofManyAliases posted:

I was CAL main and CEVO-M, so CS will always have a special place for me.
-Arma 3
-I hate the newer CODs.

Ah, in CS source I was the guy who flash/smoke grenaded his own teammates for laughs when they were busy trying to get gud enough for CAL stuff, used to harvest a lot of rage that way :)

'No scoping' with the AWP was always fun :)

ripptide
Jul 28, 2016

ManofManyAliases posted:

Nah, I'm good. There's a brick wall here that's miles more entertaining.

LOL when you can't even shill adequately, retreat to "humour"....

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

Xaerael posted:

The thread has been poo poo for weeks, at least moma is funny.

Though you have to give him a break for being in a bad mood, 60 hours of Star Marine will do that to anyone.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

You aren't getting SQ42 ever, also prepare yourself for more bad news. The major sales are over and so we enter another period of dirty leavers.

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

Don't be bothered if you can't understand it all immediately, it's a lot to take in

You're a consistent light in the darkness and I regret past harshness.

Slightly more seriously, there is a log progression of the number of clients that can connect to a single 'instance', and the latency curve looks a lot like that.

Propagandist posted:

Basically what you're saying is that there will be procedurally generated rendering in the cloud, and all the polygons are 64 bit voxels, just with a Lumberyard frontend to handle the client-server communication. Fuckin... sign me right the gently caress up.

Almost. It's more along the lines of 'Lumberyard won't save them from physics'. I also enjoy your posting too.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Ol Cactus Dick posted:

I know you are trying to justify the insane amount of money you spent to yourself but seriously, why not play a good shooter instead?

Like say, Overwatch. Which is currently on sale for $30. And which a lovely SC Thread Goon gifted me for Christmas. I've almost levelled high enough for competitive play!

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

ManofManyAliases posted:

During break, at least 20. Before Break? At least 40 = )

Is Last Stand really that much fun?