Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MatildaTheHun
Aug 31, 2011

here's the thing donovan, I'm always hungry
Aaaand it's not launching. My Steam icon goes green for a second, then nothing. I'm not even getting the syncing thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

I fixed it. Right click on Rebirth and go to properties, then validate the game files. I had one that needed to be redownloaded.

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

ChibiSoma posted:

Seems that way.

Speaking of, Backasswards might be worst than Brains. You start at Mega Satan with some orbitals, Headless Baby, and a Dunce Capped Ludovico. You have 12 red hearts and both you and your tear are slow as all hell. It makes trying to kill Lust/Super Lust incredibly difficult.

Actually, the items you get are completely random!

MatildaTheHun
Aug 31, 2011

Mons Hubris posted:

I fixed it. Right click on Rebirth and go to properties, then validate the game files. I had one that needed to be redownloaded.

Didn't do a thing. I just uninstalled and reinstalled the whole game too, oh well, guess I'm out 6 bucks. :v:

raocow
Apr 23, 2007

Keen Dreams

Please give me a chance to be a better person. -Willhart
yeah none of that worked for me yet. There was a tweet about unchecking the expension, restarting steam, and then re-installing it but that didn't work either.

21 Muns
Dec 10, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

MatildaTheHun posted:

Didn't do a thing. I just uninstalled and reinstalled the whole game too, oh well, guess I'm out 6 bucks. :v:

Same boat. :(

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
Apollyon's active seems to absorb use items so that each time you use it you get the effects of that item and every other use item you ever ate. So if you ate krampus head and lemon, you'd get the 4 way brimstone and a puddle of piss, and then if you ate tammy's head you'd shoot out the 4 way brimstone, a puddle of piss, and also a ring of tears, and so on. I can't tell what it does for passive items (nothing?) and it doesn't seem to affect pickups at all. Also doesn't eat store items (and probably not devil room items either).

MatildaTheHun
Aug 31, 2011

In other news, it looks like they made breaking the game somehow even easier. If you have the void doodad and a sharp plug you get free infinite boss room items on Caves 1.

Game design!

e: You have to absorb Pandora's box. Still, I wish breaking the game wasn't 3 easy to find items.

MatildaTheHun fucked around with this message at 00:53 on Jan 4, 2017

ChibiSoma
Apr 13, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Alkydere posted:

Oh thank god.

April Fool's Day is cool. Except for EVERY SINGLE BOSS BEING THE BLOAT :cry:

the popular kids
Dec 27, 2010

Time for some thrilling heroics.

ChibiSoma posted:

Oh thank god.

Well that is my nightmare realised.

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

I'm having a weird bug where my character disappears anytime an animation would play, so picking up an item, taking damage, etc. Also Apollyon appears to be invisible and die in one hit.

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

ChibiSoma posted:

I actually love this a lot

raocow
Apr 23, 2007

Keen Dreams

peeps in the stream community forum are saying that downloading ' Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015 from Microsoft' makes it work. I don't want to go and download something dumb, but is that something that would, like, make sense ?

Saigyouji
Aug 26, 2011

Friends 'ave fun together.

AnonSpore posted:

Apollyon's active seems to absorb use items so that each time you use it you get the effects of that item and every other use item you ever ate. So if you ate krampus head and lemon, you'd get the 4 way brimstone and a puddle of piss, and then if you ate tammy's head you'd shoot out the 4 way brimstone, a puddle of piss, and also a ring of tears, and so on. I can't tell what it does for passive items (nothing?) and it doesn't seem to affect pickups at all. Also doesn't eat store items (and probably not devil room items either).

It turns passive items into random stat boosts.

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer
For gently caress's sake, Tyrone.

Started the game, it doesn't recognize my Afterbirth save files.
I click on "Import Rebirth" in the hopes that maybe it'll import my Afterbirth saves despite what it says, and - import successful! Have some garbage in your save slots and also a about a dozen achievements form AB+ for free! Guess i won't need to play any of the challenges anymore, because i alread got all the cheevos!

edit: actually, it's just chevos for unlocking them, not beating them, which is good. Still can't access a functional save tho.

How did you folks do it?

Spelling Mitsake
Oct 4, 2007

Clutch Cargo wishes they had Tractor.
Use Apollyon's item in a library :getin:

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer
Futzed around in the options.ini and disabled Steam Cloud, now it recognizes my save! Finally. Time to start.

Daeren
Aug 18, 2009

YER MUSTACHE IS CROOKED
Boss spoilers: Vis Sisters are horseshit.

I sure hope you like running into this on Depths 1: two Cages with like five times the health, faster rolling around when low on health, that spawn Vises and chained up demons from Sheol, and both use a Mega-Brimstone wide enough to take up half the room vertically. This has a quarter-second tell, and can rotate about 70 degrees if they feel like it.

raocow
Apr 23, 2007

Keen Dreams

confirmed, installed the x86 version at https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/confirmation.aspx?id=48145 and got it working. gee.

ChibiSoma
Apr 13, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
April Fool's challenge is so fun! Every boss is The Bloat - and at one point I had two Bloats in one normal-sized room, which was fun. All the items are random, it seems. Or they just appear to be. Because I still got The Virus from Lust and I wanna say normal boss items. I scored Lil Brimstone and ???'s Best Friend which made everything super easy. When you beat it, Maggy will start with a pill, apparently.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Just completed the Chest plus Hush with Apollyon. Could have probably done the Boss Rush too, but I wasted a minute or two experimenting with the Void - which I dumped, not knowing what it did. It's worth trying the seed because in an early shop you get Spider-Mod, so you'll get to see a lot of things in detail.

Seed 77QV VVV3

Items found and fully identified:

Apple Turns some of Isaac's tears into razor blades that do quad damage
Analog Stick Lets you shoot on diagonals

I also discovered a bunch of new things after getting the D4 in the Chest, but I don't know what they do yet.

Unlocks for kills: The Hush - Hushy and the Void. Isaac - Locust of Wrath. ??? - Locust of Famine.

iSheep
Feb 5, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Seems the filter has broken. Stuck in ugly pixel art style mode.

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text
Can you even die in april fools? It just keeps spamming more health from the drops all the time

ChibiSoma
Apr 13, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Ooh. Uh. Don't use random pills in Backasswards. I got teleported to the I Am Error room and the trapdoor won't open.

Darkoni
Dec 28, 2010

You do not look terribly noble and yet I feel troubled, attracted, bewitched.

So it seems the game is now way more hard than normal. Normally I can breeze through a normal game with Azazel but I got wrecked.

MatildaTheHun
Aug 31, 2011

raocow posted:

confirmed, installed the x86 version at https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/confirmation.aspx?id=48145 and got it working. gee.

Didn't work for me. Again, Florian was better. At least he didn't promise to update his game before doing nothing with it.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Backasswards is a really stupid challenge.

Wugga
Oct 30, 2006

I BEAT MEAT
Well, I couldn't sleep so I came back on the computer and lo and behold, not 5 minutes after going horizontal they release this. So of course I had a test run with Apollyon. Two new bosses (Vis Sisters and some clawy thing) which weren't too bad. Unfortunately I couldn't get any good uses out of Void, the only actives being teleport and IV bag.

Also, nothing shows up on my post-it note. Anyone else getting this? I started a fresh save myself.

Beekeeping and You
Sep 27, 2011

"Found Hud" is a fun joke that I appreciated

e: Missing Hud was an old mod that gave that HUD, but now it's found! :haw:

Beekeeping and You fucked around with this message at 01:40 on Jan 4, 2017

Saigyouji
Aug 26, 2011

Friends 'ave fun together.

ChibiSoma posted:

April Fool's challenge is so fun! Every boss is The Bloat - and at one point I had two Bloats in one normal-sized room, which was fun. All the items are random, it seems. Or they just appear to be. Because I still got The Virus from Lust and I wanna say normal boss items. I scored Lil Brimstone and ???'s Best Friend which made everything super easy. When you beat it, Maggy will start with a pill, apparently.

For items, it's essentially just permanent Curse of the Blind. All pools remain the same. Well, except that active items don't do what they're supposed to.

Mylan
Jun 19, 2002

The DLC isn't showing up for me on Steam? Tried restarting, and I can see the new achievements, but there's no option to buy anything new. Can it be a time zone thing?

Pixeltendo
Mar 2, 2012

Pong is a really fun challenge, especially when you grab a succubus from the first devil room :getin:

ChibiSoma
Apr 13, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Pants Donkey posted:

You just have to restart until you get a good item kit. It's not bad. You lose your items as you go backwards, though. But any devil deals you take or any items you score otherwise you keep.

There's a new boss in the Flooded Caves that's a real rear end. The one in the hole. We have a 'Lumps spawn directly under you' problem with him.

Pixeltendo
Mar 2, 2012

New item found

Shop item called the Peeler seems to give you a meat cube in exchange for 1 red hp

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

Pants Donkey posted:

It's at least an interesting idea.

I'm liking the Pokemon one, it seems legit fun. You start with a friend ball that recharges every time your summon dies so you can keep chucking them out. You also get charm tears which can cause issues. I got one of the flying bomb-leeches against Steven on the first floor and it kept charging the boss only to bounce off until it finally caught the pair when they weren't charmed.

Edit: HAHAHA, holy poo poo I got one of the red ghosts and it just NUKED the Adversary.

Alkydere fucked around with this message at 01:49 on Jan 4, 2017

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

So is Apollyon just supposed to be unlocked from the get-go, or is it just that I had the criteria?

I had no idea how his spacebar item worked but I got carried by brimstone baby to clear mega satan on my first run, so that's nice. :toot:

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

Alkydere posted:

It's at least an interesting idea.

I'm liking the Pokemon one, it seems legit fun. You start with a friend ball that recharges every time your summon dies so you can keep chucking them out. You also get charm tears which can cause issues. I got one of the flying bomb-leeches against Steven on the first floor and it kept charging the boss only to bounce off until it finally caught the pair when they weren't charmed.

If you get the big charging guy you can keep getting spawns from him. I had 15 at some point

Reformed Pissboy
Nov 6, 2003

Alkydere posted:

Oh lol, that explains things. I started with Host Hat, Stopwatch, and then Technology and some other garbage and was so confused. It was almost impossible to die to Mega Satan but it took forever to kill him

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

I can't get it to launch at all :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!
i see that while afterbirth plus has a store page, which denotes it as dlc for rebirth, it is not linked as dlc from the rebirth main store page

noice