Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Animal Crossing relationships?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SdK1BVfd8GA&hd=1

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tuyop
Sep 15, 2006

Every second that we're not growing BASIL is a second wasted

Fun Shoe

I think I hate them.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

gently caress me, you don't need 2 grand to start a podcast just start a loving podcast.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Waffleman_ posted:

gently caress me, you don't need 2 grand to start a podcast just start a loving podcast.

But then they wouldn't end up with a bunch of new toys! You monster!

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Waffleman_ posted:

Hmmm and they met their funding target exactly. Let's have a look on KickTraq ...

Yeah nothing suss there at all. :v:

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

Service Desk B-b-bunny...
How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Hmmm and they met their funding target exactly. Let's have a look on KickTraq ...

Yeah nothing suss there at all. :v:

I thought it was weird there was someone at the $500 reward tier, and also that they exactly matched their goal. Now I know why.

Tears In A Vial
Jan 13, 2008

I didn't realise that was a really old one when I posted it, so there's like a years worth of podcasts available if you wanna listen to it. I'm not going to, because I don't need dating advice from the Sonic Adventures series of video games.

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Saint Isaias Boner posted:

I often find myself overwhelmed by the features of my expensive towels such as the ability to get dry using them

Boy, you are going to LOVE http://www.withings.com/eu/en/products/hair-coach

Foxhound
Sep 5, 2007

But how many times has it been folded? It's gotta be at least 1000 times.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Griffin McElroy was literally recording the first episodes of My Brother My Brother and Me on a Rock Band mic and look at where he is now. You don't need 2.5 grand to start a podcast.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax
A ton of podcasts crowdsource shows now, but usually it's through Patreon when they already have a successful show and are trying branch out. ie if they meet X monthly funding goal then then they make Y show.

Even existing successful podcast networks like Maximum Fun have tried to dip into crowdfunding, though like pretty much every non-McElroy thing on their network it was a huge failure.

Rapulum_Dei
Sep 7, 2009
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1947576577/the-nexd1-the-first-multimaterial-and-electronics/description

quote:

The NexD1 by Next Dynamics is the first 3D printer to ever give high end prototyping capabilities to everyone by making Multi-Material, 3D Electronics printing, extreme precision, high reliability and fast printing times available in one exciting machine.

We took the most advanced, industrial 3D printing technology called PolyJet™, optimized and reconfigured it and shrunk the cost radically.

We call it DigiJet.

DigiJet technology is able of print a wide range of materials, including special resins with nano-particles or pigments.

Nano particles! Pigments!

Slick video
Sketchy technical details
Wall of media links

Seems almost too good to be true...

quote:

Unlike other 3D printer manufacturers like Stratasys®, Objet® or 3D Systems® that buy their printhead technology from big companies like Ricoh® and Xerox®, we have developed our own proprietary printhead. This has allowed us to drastically reduce production costs, increase the capabilities of our printer and offer unrivaled value to backers.
Unlike these well established companys with vast economies of scale and logistics we can save costs by developing and manufacturing our own bespoke copy of a probably patented technology.
(Hint: objet is a printer made by statasys, not a manufacturer)

Rapulum_Dei has a new favorite as of 23:04 on Jan 4, 2017

tuyop
Sep 15, 2006

Every second that we're not growing BASIL is a second wasted

Fun Shoe

Rapulum_Dei posted:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1947576577/the-nexd1-the-first-multimaterial-and-electronics/description

Nano particles! Pigments!

Slick video
Sketchy technical details
Wall of media links

Seems almost too good to be true...

Unlike these well established companys with vast economies of scale and logistics we can save costs by developing and manufacturing our own bespoke copy of a probably patented technology.
(Hint: objet is a printer made by statasys, not a manufacturer)

I went to the stratasys website and polyjet looks just like FDM with more materials but with lasers instead of heat... am I missing something?

Rapulum_Dei
Sep 7, 2009
The cheapest polyjet printer is $20,000 the cheapest pcb printing one is $10,000 and their first ever printer will do both for $3,000. By October.

working mom
Jul 8, 2015

Rapulum_Dei posted:

The cheapest polyjet printer is $20,000 the cheapest pcb printing one is $10,000 and their first ever printer will do both for $3,000. By October.

500% funded, delayed by 6 years until a- they flop or b- consumer prices drop low enough without them anyway

Doggles
Apr 22, 2007

'Star Trek' fan film loses fair use case, moves to jury trial

8,548 backers pledged $638,471 to help bring this project to life, only to see that money get used to fund the producers' copyright infringement defense team.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Doggles posted:

'Star Trek' fan film loses fair use case, moves to jury trial

8,548 backers pledged $638,471 to help bring this project to life, only to see that money get used to fund the producers' copyright infringement defense team.

Don't forget about the branded coffee.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
I never really thought that the kind of people who would post "No copyright infringement intended" or the Wikipedia definitions of fair use on their youtube videos actually believed that poo poo but these guys are proving me wrong.

Doggles
Apr 22, 2007

exploded mummy posted:

Original character - DO NOT STEAL

EDIT: All this has happened before, and all this will happen again. My first post in this thread was about Axanar over a year ago! :psylon:

Doggles has a new favorite as of 18:19 on Jan 5, 2017

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I never really thought that the kind of people who would post "No copyright infringement intended" or the Wikipedia definitions of fair use on their youtube videos actually believed that poo poo but these guys are proving me wrong.

Don't forget they also tried to use the masterful legal defense of "You can't OWN Star Trek, man!"

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

These guys didn't believe it either, Alec Peters is super shady and kept trying to negotiate into making it an official product(while sending droves of emails to CBS about how they should shut down other fan productions for copyright violations).

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

exploded mummy posted:

I'm pretty sure it was the branded coffee that sent Paramount over the edge.

WickedHate posted:

These guys didn't believe it either, Alec Peters is super shady and kept trying to negotiate into making it an official product(while sending droves of emails to CBS about how they should shut down other fan productions for copyright violations).

Well, he got his wish, because CBS/Paramount's fan production guidelines are now so restrictive that I doubt anyone wants to make anything with Star Trek now: has to be a self-contained story 30 minutes long at max (so no fan movies), all episodic content much fit in that 30 minute timeframe total (no fan shows), can't be a continuing story, can't contain actors who have starred in Star Trek (which is a great deal of professional actors), etc.

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.
I think I know what this is but I'm not sure?

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/469966722/tb-new-generation-gaming-mouse-with-electric-impul?ref=category_newest

quote:

It's the world’s first FPS gaming mouse with advanced electric pulse, adapt the pulse for your needs and your game, with a custom control panel on the right side of the mouse you do not only get to adapt the sensibility of the electric pulse, but you also get to insert your own pulse rate gap- meaning you can enter your own electric pulse appearance to the hand depending what your own input to the mouse is, regardless by game appearance or of free will.

Tears In A Vial
Jan 13, 2008

i think it's a rumble pack

ddiddles
Oct 21, 2008

Roses are red, violets are blue, I'm a schizophrenic and so am I
That product will probably never come out, but the idea is cool.

Tactile feedback in xbox and ps4 controllers is one thing that PC gaming would get a benefit from.

I'm going to go kick my own rear end for typing that sentence.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
It lists “braided cable” as a feature.

That’s how I know it’s poo poo.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

Young Freud posted:

(so no fan movies)
2016 wasn't all bad after all then

The General
Mar 4, 2007

Platystemon posted:

It lists “braided cable” as a feature.

That’s how I know it’s poo poo.

I have a braided cable on my headphones, and all it does is piss me off. I swear, I can't take them off without having to untwist the loving thing.

SupSuper
Apr 8, 2009

At the Heart of the city is an Alien horror, so vile and so powerful that not even death can claim it.
Finally, a suitcase I can pet!

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Lol if the battery is too large to be allowed in checked or carry-on luggage.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Real technology has stagnated

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

It takes them way too long in there to show what they actually look like and surprise, its stupid. Just ears on a regular piece of luggage.

Sanguinary Novel
Jan 27, 2009
The ears are detachable, so I can't wait until someone A) leaves them on the plane in the overhead compartment B)you have to keep them with you at your seat or C)The lovely plastic is broken.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

I can't wait until someone leaves a luggage accessory on the plane either. It will be a mirthful news cycle should such misfortune befall a person.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Safe and sound, detached from reality.
Just like your posting.
Well at least they didn't go for the lovely pun so I can hate them marginally less.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Gonna laugh if/when TSA doesn't allow these not-jigglypuff/kirby suitcases on planes.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Evil Fluffy posted:

Gonna laugh if/when TSA doesn't allow these not-jigglypuff/kirby suitcases on planes.

Why do you think they'd be blocked?

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
they let people take garbage bags duct taped to collapsible hand carts on planes

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

Evil Fluffy posted:

kirby doesn't have ears you stupid sack of poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost