Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

Cumslut1895 posted:

ugh that's loving disturbing

edit: I suppose the influence of western culture is a good thing though

The gently caress?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

Somfin posted:

The gently caress?

Obviously they're a fan of christian sonic the hedgehog

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

I've always assumed Sonic was Shinto. Like old school Shinto where the emperor is literally a god and you try to colonize the entire pacific for his glory.

I Killed GBS
Jun 2, 2011

by Lowtax

FreudianSlippers posted:

I've always assumed Sonic was Shinto. Like old school Shinto where the emperor is literally a god and you try to colonize the entire pacific for his glory.

State Shintoism was pretty recent, not really "old school"

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

Cumslut1895 posted:

edit: I suppose the influence of western culture is a good thing though

I don't know I think it might just be loving things up more.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

Dreddout posted:

I don't know I think it might just be loving things up more.

I know when I think 'the influence of western culture' what I mean is 'thank god for minions'

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

Somfin posted:

I know when I think 'the influence of western culture' what I mean is 'thank god for minions'

Listen buddy, it's either bootleg minions or drone strikes.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.

Dreddout posted:

Why not have both?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wxzXS2AnJsc

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

Dreddout posted:

Drones please

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

Dreddout posted:

Dead brown people, please.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Not a bootleg but fits here perfectly.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aym8nHmcC2Y

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
Not bad, only took three and a half minutes of the eight minute running time before he actually showed the figure.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Gorilla Salad posted:

Not bad, only took three and a half minutes of the eight minute running time before he actually showed the figure.

Remember when Ashen(s) was at least moderately witty? :member:

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!

Somfin posted:

Minions are just bootleg rabbids

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

Sentient Data posted:

Whoa

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Gorilla Salad posted:

It would have been funnier just to drop that on frame before talking instead of hyping it up.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

El Estrago Bonito posted:

It actually goes way deeper than people think it does. It's actually a almost cultural difference. China has very different cultural feelings about copying. There's a lot of people who legitimately think that if you can't be an innovator who makes the best thing than you should just copy the best thing as well as you can, and because (especially modern) Chinese culture isn't huge on encouraging creativity and expression you get a lot of people copying and not very many people innovating. A good example is Chinese cars. There are actually decent domestic Chinese cars that run pretty well and aren't terrible, but many if not most Chinese people would rather buy a fake Toyota that is a barely operable trash heap but just the fact that it looks like a foreign car that is good makes it better than the domestic one that isn't rear end.

Gee those guys are really making a bang up product, we better copy it to the best of our ability!!!
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2016/dec/22/fake-plastic-rice-seized-in-nigeria-amid-rocketing-food-prices

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

Sentient Data posted:

In the same way Oreos are bootlegged Hydroxes

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
:siren: This is a breaking news report: knockoff threads have been spotted in GBS: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3804020 view with caution as they may not comply with SA safety standards. :siren:

here is some good poo poo from the thread

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Click here to join Lem Lee in the Hell Of Being Cut To Pieces
Nap Ghost

LifeSunDeath posted:

Gee those guys are really making a bang up product, we better copy it to the best of our ability!!!
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2016/dec/22/fake-plastic-rice-seized-in-nigeria-amid-rocketing-food-prices

I read a follow up article that stated it wasn't actually plastic, it was so rotten and infested with bacteria that it didn't register chemically as rice any more. Which is more a condemnation of Nigeria's food safety practices than China's dodgy manufacturing.

Not that China doesn't have serious loving issues, though. Google sewer oil and plastic eggs.

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep
This Goku has seen some poo poo

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Elias_Maluco posted:

This Goku has seen some poo poo

Gene Belcher cosplaying Goku.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

Dillbag posted:

I read a follow up article that stated it wasn't actually plastic, it was so rotten and infested with bacteria that it didn't register chemically as rice any more. Which is more a condemnation of Nigeria's food safety practices than China's dodgy manufacturing.

Not that China doesn't have serious loving issues, though. Google sewer oil and plastic eggs.

drat it was :biotruths: after all.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

EorayMel posted:

:siren: This is a breaking news report: knockoff threads have been spotted in GBS: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3804020 view with caution as they may not comply with SA safety standards. :siren:

here is some good poo poo from the thread

Somebody posted a link to where you can BUY (the drawstring version of) the Harry Potter Sonic Obama backpack. :allears:

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

I'm gonna guess the stuff they sell is bootlegs of bootlegs which is just getting too meta.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

EL BROMANCE posted:

I'm gonna guess the stuff they sell is bootlegs of bootlegs which is just getting too meta.

It might be the closest you can get to owning the real thing, though.

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch

Gorilla Salad posted:

Normally I complain about these things but that figure deserved an intro. It had to either be that or just a twenty second video of him zooming in on the face and saying "Yep, that's real."

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

$30 for a super cheap bootleg of an already cheap strange product.

:capitalism:

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

CannonFodder posted:

Yeah I'm jealous I didn't think of it first

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

CannonFodder posted:

I'd like to see you find the actual product. :colbert:

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

El Estrago Bonito posted:

Normally I complain about these things but that figure deserved an intro. It had to either be that or just a twenty second video of him zooming in on the face and saying "Yep, that's real."

Worth it for his version of the Spider Man theme song.

Autechresaint
Jan 25, 2012
Does creepy guy on YouTube modifying toys to add genitalia count as bootleg? He says he sells finished versions. They look terrible, worse than the professional versions.

NWS warning for realistic plastic fake genitals
https://youtu.be/07YmJEreZNM

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

bulletsponge13 posted:

Worth it for his version of the Spider Man theme song.

I need to hear the knife voiceover guy sing the Spider-Man song.

bean_shadow
Sep 27, 2005

If men had uteruses they'd be called duderuses.

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

god damn it, you've got to be kind

bean_shadow
Sep 27, 2005

If men had uteruses they'd be called duderuses.
A Chinese buffet has these on the wall.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Jerry Cotton posted:

Remember when Ashen(s) was at least moderately witty? :member:

To be fair the figure is so loving horrible and him breaking down laughing at it made me do the same. How the gently caress did that thing get released

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

bean_shadow posted:

A Chinese buffet has these on the wall.

It looks like they have a picture of their wall hanging on the same wall but the Tasmanian devil killed off whatever character was there before

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Aesop Poprock posted:

To be fair the figure is so loving horrible and him breaking down laughing at it made me do the same. How the gently caress did that thing get released

I like Ashens just because he seems a nice guy and he could've turned into a complete rear end with his channel blowing up. The film was awful, mind.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

EL BROMANCE posted:

I like Ashens just because he seems a nice guy and he could've turned into a complete rear end with his channel blowing up. The film was awful, mind.

Has any sort of review internet personality person ever actually made an ok film. I haven't watched any of the AVGN or TGWTG'S stuff but I'm assuming they're unwatchable