Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Fo3 posted:

2) RIP Kato :(

:rip: indeed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Alain Post posted:

Dovizioso is a complete mediocrity, though.

Dovi is the best not-an-alien at the moment IMO. Vinales might be an alien, and Crutchlow isn't as good as regularly (but that also might be non-factory bike at work too).

Honda needs to bounce Dani and give that Repsol seat to Crutchlow for a year just to see what he can do.

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

wicka posted:

Sometimes the quality of posting in here gets too high and needs to be brought down a bit.

Now your random appearances make sense

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014

So the consensus seems to be that the high raked cars are terminally hosed if this third element front suspension system gets banned since the setup is completely dependent on being able to manage the front ride height to work.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

1500quidporsche posted:

So the consensus seems to be that the high raked cars are terminally hosed if this third element front suspension system gets banned since the setup is completely dependent on being able to manage the front ride height to work.

Should translate to less downforce. Don't really see a problem with that.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

1500quidporsche posted:

Is it? Mercedes have the most mature of these suspension setups and one of the lowest rakes on the grid.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

1500quidporsche posted:

Sounds like RBR is hosed then :getin:

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

GramCracker posted:

Sounds like RBR is hosed then :getin:

Prodromou came from Red Bull, Alonso is hosed if this is true.

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014

wicka posted:

Is it? Mercedes have the most mature of these suspension setups and one of the lowest rakes on the grid.

Ya there's a benefit for anybody using it but most sources I'm reading seem to suggest that it's a nice thing to have for Mercedes and almost necessary for the high rake concept to work.

Edit: and ya, McLaren and Force India are the other two teams likely to get rear end hosed if this does get banned unless somebody comes up with a new loophole.

Tony quidprano fucked around with this message at 20:38 on Jan 4, 2017

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
FI has looked great so it would be a shame to see all of their work undone. They have my favourite car too.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

wicka posted:

Prodromou came from Red Bull, Alonso is hosed if this is true.

Don't tell me this yet, the season isn't even close to starting. :smithicide:

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Human Grand Prix posted:

FI has looked great so it would be a shame to see all of their work undone. They have my favourite car too.

Maybe they will finally ditch the hole nose

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Norns posted:

Maybe they will finally ditch the hole nose

That's the best part.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Human Grand Prix posted:

That's the best part.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Yeah must be why every other team picked up on it.

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014

Norns posted:

your right, we definitely need more dick noses and not original solutions. :allears:

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Oh gently caress that. More holes!

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Norns posted:

It's a neat solution, even if it isn't the best. I have a soft spot for oddball cars. I also liked the Twin-Nose Lotus.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

New rule: every car gets dick noses

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

Norns posted:

Oh gently caress that. More holes!

More holes, if ya know what we mean fellas

enri
Dec 16, 2003

Hope you're having an amazing day

iospace posted:

New rule: every car gets dick noses

New rule: every car gets randomly assigned holes in their bodywork at the start of every session. FIA staff with power drills will be assigned to each team.

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

GramCracker posted:

More holes, if ya know what we mean fellas

Good and cool post saddly missing :smug:

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?

1500quidporsche posted:

being ad free trumps bad commentary. You could put on Nigel Farage and it'd still be better than having the same three commercials shoved down my throat a million times

Would be fantastic, finally a Brit F1 commentator who is not anti-Lewis

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

enri posted:

New rule: every car gets randomly assigned holes in their bodywork at the start of every session. FIA staff with power drills will be assigned to each team.

Mmmm speed holes

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
See through engine covers.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Get this: Instead of fuel flow limits or refueling just get two cars and make the driver jump out and switch halfway through. Pretty cool huh.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

GOOD TIMES ON METH posted:

Get this: Instead of fuel flow limits or refueling just get two cars and make the driver jump out and switch halfway through. Pretty cool huh.

Is this a formula e or moto gp joke?

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Norns posted:

Is this a formula e or moto gp joke?

Double Dash.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

poty posted:

Would be fantastic, finally a Brit F1 commentator who is not anti-Lewis

You can have Crofty and his on air fellating of Hamwalleton.

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?

Theophany posted:

You can have Crofty and his on air fellating of Hamwalleton.

Are we talking about David "Rosberg deserved to win the championship" Croft here??

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

poty posted:

Are we talking about David "Rosberg deserved to win the championship" Croft here??

He changed his tune after 'Ask Crofty' became literally impossible what with the floods of tweets calling him out on always making excuses for Hamilton. IIRC the only pundit on Sky that called 2016 for Rosberg was Ted Kravitz.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Yeah Crofty kinda slobbered all over Hamiltons knob till like the last two races. He probably realized no amount of mental gymnastics was going to get him the WDC.

Oddly he's bearable in the F1 2016 game. Max Verstappen is close to winning the season I'm playing. I dragged a Renault poo poo box into 4th, but the Mercs and Max's magic Redbull I can't get by unless they have a colossal failure.

Hopefully I get an offer from another team at the end of season. I really hate the way the Renault steering wheel looks. Palmer is a useless teammate.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

poty posted:

Hmm seems like a smart guy.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

https://twitter.com/IMSA/status/817049970494861318
:getin:

e: sort of wrong thread, sort of not.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

Well he's probably almost as good at driving as Ayrton drunk on Tequila.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC
BRDC playing brinkmanship with Lord Ecclesith over the future of the British GP. loving lol if they honestly think they're going to win that scrap.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

gret posted:

Well he's probably almost as good at driving as Ayrton drunk on Tequila.

Ayrton drunk on Tequila head to head against Sergio Canamasas would be something I would pay top dollar to see.

SC in GP3:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vz22P3aXWiY

The way he playstations Ascari in an attempt to take out half the field is loving spectacular.

SC in GP2:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vW8gQv6i2Bw

Just magnificent. Somebody, somewhere, saw his majesty in GP3 and thought "we need this guy driving for us." I hope the money he brings gets him into F1.

He is the second coming of Maldonado we deserve.

CratSock
Aug 5, 2004

Sock Wielding Assassin

1500quidporsche posted:

Ya there's a benefit for anybody using it but most sources I'm reading seem to suggest that it's a nice thing to have for Mercedes and almost necessary for the high rake concept to work.

Edit: and ya, McLaren and Force India are the other two teams likely to get rear end hosed if this does get banned unless somebody comes up with a new loophole.

Welllll crap. I hope McLaren won't end up handicapped out of the gate again with this issue, I was actually getting positive about 2017.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

CratSock posted:

Welllll crap. I hope McLaren won't end up handicapped out of the gate again with this issue, I was actually getting positive about 2017.

Don't worry, lovely engines will tank their efforts long before aero becomes an issue.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ImplicitAssembler
Jan 24, 2013

http://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/analysis-what-s-behind-f1-s-suspension-controversy-863068

Nice article on the suspension issue.

• Locked thread