Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Cartoon Man posted:

Ariana Grande is going to be the first 5 star base spellsword and about as useful as Bedile and Rakshananana.

Sorry, chief. NoctisCup Noodles is technically the first Base-5* spellblader.

Except they made him not suck.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Alternately, she has dual ability and has a passive that gives her +200% every stat, but only triggers when she casts thundaga blade and holy blade both of which she doesn't innately have.

Cao Ni Ma fucked around with this message at 00:48 on Jan 4, 2017

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Alternately, she has dual ability and has a passive that gives her +200% every stat, but only triggers when she casts thundaga blade and holy blade both of which she doesn't innately have.

Too close to compu gacha; if Gumi did that there'd be the potential for Severe Problems. There'd need to be an alternate method, like forcing her to equip her own TMR to bypass that (similar to how Onion Knight needs his own TMR to ascend to god tier) or making Thundaga Blade/Holy Blade craftable (and in turn making Bedile and Shashrasahrsahala even more useless)

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

This shouldn't be a thing, we should get 100 a day on the reg and 200 for a "celebration".

We already get 90 a day if you include arena.

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

Tagichatn posted:

with the 2 5 lapis missions you can techically get up to 100 a day as is.

odinson
Mar 17, 2009
I'm trying to use MEmu to reroll, but over half the time I have to make a new google play account before I can load the game. I feel like there's something obvious I'm missing, but can't figure it out. This is my first time using and android emu btw. Any tips?

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

I sent friend requests to everyone in the spreadsheet, can I get some more goon friends to help me push through getting crafting materials from this event?

Mile'ionaha
Nov 2, 2004

odinson posted:

I'm trying to use MEmu to reroll, but over half the time I have to make a new google play account before I can load the game. I feel like there's something obvious I'm missing, but can't figure it out. This is my first time using and android emu btw. Any tips?

you can totally reuse the same real google play account. It's only Facebook you don't want to link 'til you've picked a winner.

deathbagel
Jun 10, 2008

jetz0r posted:

I sent friend requests to everyone in the spreadsheet, can I get some more goon friends to help me push through getting crafting materials from this event?

I booted a few inactives and sent you an invite. Have a couple spots left if anyone wants/needs a 700ish atk Dracu Lasswell buddy.

EDIT: Also, the discord is WAY more active than the thread, if anyone needs to get good goonfriends to carry them, they'd probably have much more success there.

deathbagel fucked around with this message at 03:24 on Jan 4, 2017

odinson
Mar 17, 2009
Thanks Mile'ionaha!

Does the OP's advice of roll till any 5* star with a top rating still apply or should I look for anyone specifically? Maybe a 4* with a great TM or a sleeper card? Still brand new to this

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

odinson posted:

Thanks Mile'ionaha!

Does the OP's advice of roll till any 5* star with a top rating still apply or should I look for anyone specifically? Maybe a 4* with a great TM or a sleeper card? Still brand new to this

https://exviuswiki.com/Unit_Rankings
These rankings give a good idea what to reroll for if you want a good group,you can try for someone in the unit rankings by role box and if you get one of those in 1st -3rd (or pretty much anyone in physical attack) youre set.

Alternatively, if you dont mind waiting for friday, you can try the new banner and reroll for dark fina, and have the best mage in the game.

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

Everynight I wake up Screaming.
(and beating the dragon)
I had bought a new phone(rip old phone), so I can actually play the game on a phone now.

except it says my phone is incompatible with it on Google play. What gives?

E: nm now its able to install.Weird poo poo this was

Shoenin fucked around with this message at 04:51 on Jan 4, 2017

Shark Tower
Dec 31, 2008

odinson posted:

Thanks Mile'ionaha!

You specifically want a five star base because this is the only opportunity you have to ensure that you get one, and just about all of them are guaranteed to be useful someday. There are four star base units that are definitely also important to get, but you're much more likely to get them than you are any five star base characters

Cry Havoc
May 10, 2004

This cyberpunk cartoon avatar is pretty dang ol' good, I tell you what.
i've started using lapis refreshes for tm grinding and it sure speeds things up

jaclynhyde
May 28, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

oh thank god it's over

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

deathbagel posted:

I booted a few inactives and sent you an invite. Have a couple spots left if anyone wants/needs a 700ish atk Dracu Lasswell buddy.

EDIT: Also, the discord is WAY more active than the thread, if anyone needs to get good goonfriends to carry them, they'd probably have much more success there.

i misread this as goon girlfriends and was gonna ask what y'all are doing in the discord

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

rabidsquid posted:

i misread this as goon girlfriends and was gonna ask what y'all are doing in the discord

If you want a goon girlfriend to carry you, check around in w&w.

Pokemaster #421
Jul 14, 2005

For a swift one at the wrist, down on the old main drag.
Son of a bitch. So I finally managed to get memu downloaded and installed but the second i pull it up I get a message about my graphics driver needs to be updated, but it is updated. I'm assuming this means that my graphics card is too lovely to run the game then? My comps drat near 10 years old and running Vista so I really won't be surprised if I just can't tm farm, but would anyone know a work around for this? Like memu just crashes after it gives me that message so I can't access any menus in the program.

I'm probably just poo poo out of luck huh? Oh God that means I've got to manually grind tms and now I want to curl up in the fetal position and make the pain go away. All I want is a nice dual wield for my noctis and maybe an Excalibur and death bringer is that too much to ask for Gummi

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001
You can try Nox, but yes you're probably going to need to update your computer someday

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

jetz0r posted:

If you want a goon girlfriend to carry you, check around in w&w.

i wouldnt mind a piggyback ride now and again

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Evil Fluffy posted:

Looking at that banner, Dark Fina's a great mage for those who want one, Luka's nice if you don't have Refia and dualcast, Elle is whatever.

I might do some 1/2 pulls but I'm pretty tempted to skip the banner entirely. Luka's an upgrade for me as far as healers go butif I'm going to chase a healer it might as well be Refia on a future banner, or Tilith. Otherwise just getting by with what I have until we get the FFXIV event. Assuming Gumi doesn't do some bullshit and put those units on a regular banner.

Orlandu's still vastly superior to Dark Fina and it's not even close. She's pretty great in general but if your plan is to whale for a single super unit that can carry the day then Orlandu's still the one to go for, especially if you have an excalibur for him.

I have three cecils now :shepface: so I'll, eventually, have two for orlandu and one for anyone else who can use it. My current Dark Fina plan is to spend my tickets on her and take daily rolls. Then see how I feel about it by the time the banner ends. If they don't announce orlandu and I decide I want her, I might take a single 11 roll.

Infected posted:

Naw, the actual pro-Gumi move here is to release that after Orlandu, but make her better than him.

Or just make her TM really, really good so even people who hate her will want to get her just for that TM and spend ages TM farming.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011

jaclynhyde posted:

oh thank god it's over

Same, I'm at 93 wins now. No status effects has really neutered anything I could run into, and it helps that the current "week" started last month that waynI can afford to do matches with low multipliers.

Vax
Dec 29, 2011

delicious!
My guess is Ariana won't be 5* and will just be okay stat and skill wise. Later on that one skill will turn out to be gamebreaking in some situations and she will be usable after all.

Mrit SA
Nov 11, 2016

by Lowtax

Vax posted:

My guess is Ariana won't be 5* and will just be okay stat and skill wise. Later on that one skill will turn out to be gamebreaking in some situations and she will be usable after all.

:gumi:

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Tagichatn posted:

And the Japanese version gets...?

hamburgers in pockets
Jun 18, 2005

Yeah, that's blood. It'll get better before the show.
Welp, just got Noel for my daily pull. That puts me at only missing half of the base 5* units as an entirely F2P player. :psyduck:

How exactly does he compare to Cecil? Mine's been stuck at 4* waiting for the burst pots from this even to come out, but now I'm kind of tempted to just focus on leveling WK Noel since my only other fully leveled tank is Demon Rain, and seems to be getting less useful as event and trial bosses put out more and more damage.

Mischalaniouse
Nov 7, 2009

*ribbit*

hamburgers in pockets posted:

Welp, just got Noel for my daily pull. That puts me at only missing half of the base 5* units as an entirely F2P player. :psyduck:

How exactly does he compare to Cecil? Mine's been stuck at 4* waiting for the burst pots from this even to come out, but now I'm kind of tempted to just focus on leveling WK Noel since my only other fully leveled tank is Demon Rain, and seems to be getting less useful as event and trial bosses put out more and more damage.

He's a good tank and can actually put out some damage. He doesn't have Curaja though.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
Got a second Zidane on the daily half-price. That'll do, game.

That'll do.

Alpha Mayo
Jan 15, 2007
hi how are you?
there was this racist piece of shit in your av so I fixed it
you're welcome
pay it forward~
I think I'm done with using lapis for pulls, even the daily, and will start using it solely for refreshes and TM grinding.
I'm never gonna see a 5* base anyway.

Meanwhile I haven't grinded a single TM but have literally every unit needed to max out 6* firion whenever he comes out. A fully TM'd Firion will be the best of the non5*s right?

edit: some math

Firion 5 Star
FFBEDB Unit Calculator

Right Hand: Sakurafubuki +98ATK
Left Hand: Kaiser Knuckles +101ATK
Head: Black Cowl +28ATK+25DEF+25SPR+100%Sleep
Accessory 1: Champion's Belt +30ATK/DEF & 20%ATK/DEF w/ Fist weapon
Accessory 2: Bracer +30ATK+15%HP
Ability 1: Dual Wield Equip two single handed weapons
Ability 2: Blade Mastery +50% ATK Katana
Ability 3: Seal of Destruction +20% ATK +20%MAG +10%HP
Esper: Ifrit HP:4500 MP:2200 ATK:5100 DEF:2800 MAG:2100 SPR:2100

Total Stats: HP: 3746 MP: 172 ATK: 561 DEF: 230 MAG: 145 SPR: 150

This is 5*. I am missing Brave Suit, Power of Creation, and a second Champion's Belt which would be better, but aren't critical IMO.
Firion 5* has 118 Total Base attack (with pots). 6* has 158 total base attack.

ATK bonuses:
+10% (Base)
+30% with Knuckles (6* Ability)
+20% with Knuckles (Champion Belt)
+20% with Katana (6* Ability)
+50% with Katana (Blade Mastery)
+20% (Seal of Destruction)
---
150% ATK bonus so 395 before gear.
Gear:
+101 (Knuckles)
+98 (Katana)
+28 (Black Cowl)
+30 (Champion Belt)
+30 (Bracer)
---
287 with gear. + 395 base = 682
Total atk with ifrit: 733
Total atk with Diabolos: 697

And for fun, assuming you did have a second Champion Belt, Power of Creation, and Brave Suit: 804 attack with Ifrit, 768 Diabolos

I am assuming 4th ability will have to be Barrage.

Alpha Mayo fucked around with this message at 12:43 on Jan 4, 2017

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

And the Japanese version gets...?

Dark Fina in a swimsuit.

Also Secret of Mana and Dragon Quest Monsters collabs.

Vax
Dec 29, 2011

delicious!

KataraniSword posted:

Dark Fina in a swimsuit.

Also Secret of Mana and Dragon Quest Monsters collabs.

Ah gently caress it just throw everything in here. loving Zeldas 250 ATK TM sword, Metroid Primes 6* LB should have a cool animation no? Oh and what about the Mario Bros?

Boy oh boy, 2017 will be a blast.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Vax posted:

Ah gently caress it just throw everything in here. loving Zeldas 250 ATK TM sword, Metroid Primes 6* LB should have a cool animation no? Oh and what about the Mario Bros?

You say that, but those were collabs that happened in Japan's version of the game before Global Exvius even got an official release. :ssh: It's not some amazing new thing like the Grande Nachos thing.

Infected
Oct 17, 2012

Salt Incarnate

Don't forget that they had a Monster Hunter collab just recently.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Where's my Chrono Trigger collab?

:shepspends:

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Kongbakpao has their guide up. When a problem comes along....

http://ffbe.kongbakpao.com/memories-from-the-aquapolis/

quote:

Attacks with Magic Damage (Bioga, Flare, Comet)
At Below 50% HP, it will attack with even more Magic based spells such as Aeroga, Stonga, Meteor, Ultima.
Kiss of Darkness – Confuse, Paralyze, Petrify
Counter Kiss of Darkness by casting Carbuncle
Focus and Full break
Man-Eater
Unleash those Excaliburs!

Cartoon Man fucked around with this message at 14:27 on Jan 4, 2017

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
Yup that's another ELT I won't manage.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Ah, so it's an FF4 style exploration event.

...AoE paralyse/confuse/petrify. Ah, so it's. FF4 style Golbez bullshit.

Wish I had those Ribbons done. CoD and Refia are gonna be invaluable here... And Carbuncle apparently.

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

Vax posted:

what the gently caress are you even ON about

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

I think I'll put my dualcast Refia with Carbuncle up for everybody. I don't really have an elite DPS otherwise.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

Plum Island Animal Disease Research Center. Sounds charming.

Vax posted:

All of these characters would own

• Locked thread