Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

Roast fowl can't melt steel sheaths.

:911:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mindphlux
Jan 8, 2004

by R. Guyovich

fizzymercy posted:

The warranty sounds like a nebulous bit of blunderbuss that could wriggle out of anything. Don't blame the woman, blame the shiffty legalese.

I broke my kitchen aide to the point of no return and it has made me so sad I sobbed. Fortunately my birthday is 5 days after christmas so I'll get a replacement. I'll have all the fun add-ons...anyone have some good ideas to break in my new toy? I admit to already being prepared to use the dough hook to an astonishing and, frankly, almost unsafe degree.

how do you break a kitchenaid

literally every part except the motor I guess is serviceable, there are repair videos for almost every conceivable problem on youtube.

I have a lovely artisan, have replaced plastic gears, adjusted head locking mechanisms, relubed housing sheaths...

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

We do not talk about Comrade Kimball.

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat
A while ago somebody posted an amazing curry which they thought was Burmese but I think was Thai. It was with chicken, I think (I make it vegetarian) and it used both red curry paste and curry powder, and is served with rice noodles. When I lost my phone I lost the link. Any clues?

sweat poteto
Feb 16, 2006

Everybody's gotta learn sometime
Happy new year everyone

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat
Never mind, I went onto my laptop and searched my history and managed to find it. NO THANKS TO YOU, YOU BUNCH OF USELESS ASSHOLES!

http://www.thekitchn.com/recipe-egg-noodles-with-rich-chicken-curry-sauce-khao-soi-179140

PS Dino, I made Indian food the other night, as I do every now and again, and instead of making your amazing carrot stir-fry dish with lime, cumin and mustard seeds (which I make almost every time I cook Indian) I used some red cabbage from my veg box delivery. It worked extremely well!

PPS My dal was a bit bitter. Too much turmeric?

sweat poteto
Feb 16, 2006

Mmm khao soi. I've only had it once, at Pok Pok in Portland - the only place I've seen a veg version.

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

sweat poteto posted:

Mmm khao soi. I've only had it once, at Pok Pok in Portland - the only place I've seen a veg version.

I just use tofu (and I've recently mastered how to get it crispy - cornflour and a decent amount of hot oil) and some veg. It's a really delicious recipe and pretty drat easy. It's become one of our staples.

sweat poteto
Feb 16, 2006

Just made a shopping list with ingreds for khao soi, and black pepper tofu.

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

sweat poteto posted:

Just made a shopping list with ingreds for khao soi, and black pepper tofu.

That's the spirit. I'm topping mine with spring onions and roasted cashews.

30 Goddamned Dicks
Sep 8, 2010

I will leave you to flounder in your cesspool of primeval soup, you sad, lonely, little cowards.
Fun Shoe
I now am the proud owner of an InstaPot.

Please to be remitting to me recommendations for pressure cooker recipes, because holy cow I have made two so far and how the gently caress do they taste so goddamned good?

SymmetryrtemmyS
Jul 13, 2013

I got super tired of seeing your avatar throwing those fuckin' glasses around in the astrology thread so I fixed it to a .jpg

30 Goddamned Dicks posted:

Please to be remitting to me recommendations for pressure cooker recipes, because holy cow I have made two so far and how the gently caress do they taste so goddamned good?

http://www.seriouseats.com/2012/05/latin-cuisine-five-ingredient-one-pot-30-minute-columbian-chicken-stew.html

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE

30 Goddamned Dicks posted:

Hey what's up my fellow new InstaPot owner! Make a thread I don't wanna.

Also I plan on making my 24 hour kale slow cooker greens in an hour tomorrow woop woop! (Should I go more or less?)

Croatoan fucked around with this message at 21:56 on Jan 2, 2017

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

Croatoan posted:

Same here, that cyber monday deal was really good.

The Creature
Nov 23, 2014
Was that the $79 deal for it? I jumped on it as well. I am waiting for it to drop again so I can pick one up for my parents.

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE

Croatoan posted:

Also I plan on making my 24 hour kale slow cooker greens in a few hours tomorrow woop woop! (Should I go more or less?)

So I tried doing it like some yankee on the internet said I could and did it in 30 minutes. That was foolish. They're ok but not great if you have any pride in your greens. So after that I put it back in for two hours on top of that.
It was pretty drat good. They weren't quite what I wanted though so it's going in for another hour and a half.
One thing I will point out is that you need about 30 minutes lead up time and 10 to 15 minutes cooldown time for the pressure cooking function to work with a full solid liquid load. The really cool part though? I can get these greens to where I want and just go to bed because apparently this thing goes into some sort of "warming" mode that will go on for about a day.

24 hour greens in 4 hours with a machine that'll keep them until I wanna deal with them? gently caress man, this thing is cool as hell. Make a thread I don't wanna.

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

i just impulse-bought a pre-cooked 24lb ham because it was $0.99/lb

what the hell do i do with it

edit: i started by putting it in the fridge but then i ran out of ideas. give me ham ideas

Cactus Ghost fucked around with this message at 11:56 on Jan 4, 2017

theres a will theres moe
Jan 10, 2007

Hair Elf
Do you have access to a cannon?

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

Ham salad.

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011
Eat all the ham.

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Duh

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/229938/kellys-ham-jell-o-salad/

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Also this

Only registered members can see post attachments!

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

I nearly threw up a little at that.

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

therattle posted:

I nearly threw up a little at that.

It doesn't matter how much I see it, that picture always makes me queasy.

Test Pattern
Dec 20, 2007

Keep scrolling, clod!

Squashy Nipples posted:

It doesn't matter how much I see it, that picture always makes me queasy.

It really adds to it that the bananas are obviously seriously underripe and the hollandaise is completely cold and congealed.

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

ok. should i make a new thread for my ham adventure or are the GWS mods still uptight about their fiefdom

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE

OMGVBFLOL posted:

ok. should i make a new thread for my ham adventure or are the GWS mods still uptight about their fiefdom

:justpost:

The Midniter
Jul 9, 2001

What better to do with a bigass ham than...RUMHAM???

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

nice

post more hamplans til i get it up

Chemmy
Feb 4, 2001

A sandwich with ham instead of bread.

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

My suggestion for ham salad was entirely serious, I think it makes a good sandwich. Also, depending on how much you have left over, I get bored of sliced ham sandwiches after a while.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Ham and pea fritatta. Also seconding ham salad.

ham and potato pizza

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Ham jerky

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

ham soup or soup featuring ham

ham treats for hammy dogs

dress it up as ham solo, star wars foodplay

MrSlam
Apr 25, 2014

And there you sat, eating hamburgers while the world cried.
Ham that might accidentally be a human leg

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

MrSlam posted:

Force de Fappe
Nov 7, 2008

Mmm, longpig.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

MrSlam posted:

icehewk posted:

Been aging this according to Ruhlman. It had some maggots on it near the bone but I cut all of that out as you can see. Is it all right?

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Steve Yun posted:

We do not talk about Comrade Kimball.

ATK filed a massive lawsuit against Kimball and his Milk Street partners about two months ago, I doubt they're going to be using his likeness anytime soon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat

Timby posted:

ATK filed a massive lawsuit against Kimball and his Milk Street partners about two months ago, I doubt they're going to be using his likeness anytime soon.

I know, I've been following the saga! I'm just laughing seeing the new Kimball-less book in the flesh