Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

Infinitum posted:

My Uncle works for Nintendo and he told me that Sonic will appear in a Mario game
What if.... Mario is actually appearing in a Sonic game?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Dexo posted:

TBF in that case you are technically giving the store an interest free loan. But yeah who loving cares, if the money is that big of an issue you probably shouldn't be preordering luxury products anyway.

Holy poo poo, you're right! If I'd left that money in the bank I could have made $0.05 or maybe even $0.06!

Then I could have had the fun of wondering if I'd be able to get a Switch near launch or waiting in a huge line in inclement weather!

Man I really hosed up. :v:

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Aston posted:

is there going to be a Switch port of Mario Party 2 HD with online multiplayer

I'm convinced that Nintendo will never get the memo that people want Mario Party with online....and that people want an actual Mario Party game and not that garbage that the last couple of titles have been.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

I'm gonna have a little shelf on the back of the door on my toilet.

Then when I have a massive bog poo poo I can sit there playing Skyrim with a joycon in each hand, my dick taped downwards for maximum hands free action

Skyrim belongs to the Nords INDEED

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Mario Party is worthless if you can't throw the controller at whoever you're playing's head.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Also release Super Mario Strikers 2

It's NBA Jam, but with football.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

TaurusOxford posted:

I'm convinced that Nintendo will never get the memo that people want Mario Party with online....and that people want an actual Mario Party game and not that garbage that the last couple of titles have been.

Mario Party would never work online; You'd have to travel halfway round the world to murder the son of a bitch who just Chance Time'd all your stars and coins away on the second-last turn, instead of just reaching across the couch and strangling them with your bare hands.

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

sorry I mean comp Mario Party, we turn those things off for a purer experience

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Aston posted:

sorry I mean comp Mario Party, we turn those things off for a purer experience

The pure Mario Party experience is watching someone land on a Fortune/Chance space and having the entire room turn absolute silent while watching with dread fascination as how those reels are going to land.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

Jonas Albrecht posted:

How accurate is the idea that it's a remake of Metroid 1? I really like that game, and would be extra down to play a GBA remake.

Zero Mission is an explicit remake of Metroid 1 and it's clearly recognisable as such but it also adds/changes a lot of stuff to the point where it's basically a different game. It's also the most direct successor to Super Metroid in terms of mobility and freedom of traversal; they did a complete 180 from Fusion and made the game as one big sequence break, basically.

If you like Metroid you need to play Zero Mission.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

if fusion didn't have the ugly suit colors it would pull ahead of zero mission i think. fusion is so good

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

Neddy Seagoon posted:

The pure Mario Party experience is watching someone land on a Fortune/Chance space and having the entire room turn absolute silent while watching with dread fascination as how those reels are going to land.

Please don't troll the Nintendeak Switch thread

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
How many Mario Party sessions would anyone play after the first few times you've played ten turns for half an hour, are winning, and your opponent disconnects ending the game.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

greatn posted:

How many Mario Party sessions would anyone play after the first few times you've played ten turns for half an hour, are winning, and your opponent disconnects ending the game.

Also known as "The Online Mario Golf World Tour Experience"

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 33 hours!
I wish I could have a Mario Party session at a rooftop apartment complex party with all my fresh out of college successful career oriented friends.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

Cartoon Man posted:

I wish I could have a Mario Party session at a rooftop apartment complex party with all my fresh out of college successful career oriented friends.

Someone's Switch is getting thrown off the roof.

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

Infinitum posted:

Also release Super Mario Strikers 2

It's NBA Jam, but with football.

That already exists and it's called blitz.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
He means poor people take a dive football, not badass football.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

greatn posted:

He means poor people take a dive football, not badass football.

Gridiron is anything but 'badass'

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy
Lol if you preorder a copy of fuckin Skyrim for the Nintendo switch.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

you shouldnt be allowed to play any game that you didnt preorder

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Infinitum posted:

So how about some actual Switch talk?

Just preordered it today here in Aus from EBGames.

Other games I could have preordered were Splatoon, Just Dance, and Lego City Undercover from memory.

Just wanted to pop some money down on it before the Jan 13th announcement :slick:

Preordering skyrim in 2017 should be illegal

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Why? It's a fun game portable for the first time and it feels great to go into store on launch day, them hand you your poo poo, and you leave without even pulling out your credit card.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

greatn posted:

Why? It's a fun game portable for the first time and it feels great to go into store on launch day, them hand you your poo poo, and you leave without even pulling out your credit card.

Please don't abandon your dog in the park like that guy in the ad

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

greatn posted:

plenty, because that means you won

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

lol don't pre-order the Switch you loving dummies.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

I'm probably going to pre-order the Switch.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

I said come in! posted:

Why not?

Games are p dumb to preorder until you learn about storage sizes and their online service. But I plan to preorder when the console goes up online.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I'm not but only because I probably won't be able to afford one until some time in June.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Something tells me I'm not going to get the chance to preorder it, or to even normal order it once it comes out for a good long while.

Bulkiest Toaster
Jan 22, 2013

by R. Guyovich

greatn posted:

We don't even know how it will run in portable form. It could very well run like garbage. It is also a six year old game, and sounds like you have already played it. But not judging if you have the money and want it. Have fun! If I buy a swtich I am going to make sure to minimize my switch backlog and just buy Breath of the wild to start out.

Electromax
May 6, 2007

I said come in! posted:

Laying the seeds early for some eBay scalper hoarding I see.

my girlfriend is Legos
Apr 24, 2013

Phimosissy posted:

Holy poo poo, you're right! If I'd left that money in the bank I could have made $0.05 or maybe even $0.06!

Then I could have had the fun of wondering if I'd be able to get a Switch near launch or waiting in a huge line in inclement weather!

Man I really hosed up. :v:

Dexo posted:

But yeah who loving cares

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
If you didn't preorder Splatoon inf you are a dummy bro.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Kashuno posted:

A Super Dummy Bro

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Kashuno posted:

Maybe I'll just loving buy it online via the D1 fully functioning eshop that is totally gonna work D1
:colbert:

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

I know "pre-order culture" is a thing that lots of yelling gamespeoples bitch about. And yeah unknown AAA games that might be poo poo have 'bonus's' and crap to try to secure money before reviews are even out is a bad thing. And Aussiegoon ordering every game vaguely confirmed is a bit overkill.

But. There is zero % chance I will not but a Switch and play the new Zelda game. Especially if there are no major red flags on the 12th, I will be preordering. Because I don't want to wait a mystery amount of time. I guess this model might lead to a Switch lite in 2 years, but I'm definitely not waiting that long.

So "don't pre-order dummies"? Why, I don't get your logic.

Bulkiest Toaster
Jan 22, 2013

by R. Guyovich
If there is one time that justifies preordering, then it would definitely be system launch because there is an actual risk of the stores running out of the system, and if you've committed to the system then you need a game tape to put in it.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I'm going to preorder it and I'm going to laugh at people who think that it's bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

God forbid you can't play your Nintendo on day one

• Locked thread