Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Cameron Payne played in a DLeague game today. He's rusty for sure

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006

Juaguocio posted:

Someone post a link to buddy getting up, I don't have it on hand

Gets me every time

its a basketball game

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

the pau face in the buddy video is the icing on the cake

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

straight up brolic posted:

ccing this from the other thread.

sometimes player comps are correct.

Hahaha, oh lordy

straight up brolic posted:

Tbf with Buddy I think it might have just been an adjustment period. He's looked like the Bahamamian JJ Redick in recent weeks

I hope he succeeds, and I hope the Pelicans draft TumTum Nairn and start building a Bahamanian superteam on the gulf coast

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica
Missed the Raps game, can someone summarize in 3 words?

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

I should watch more Timberwolves this year because they seem fun. Wiggins needs to try harder on defense though and LaVine came across as having a really low IQ on that end of the court. I know they are young but that defense should be getting better at some point this season.

dokmo
Aug 27, 2006

:stat:man

MOVIE MAJICK posted:

4-18 vs 13-24 in threes words

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

MOVIE MAJICK posted:

Raps poo poo bed

OR

I miss Patterson

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Julius Randle with his second triple double this season tonight. This one was nice because the Griz have the kind of lineup that usually limits how long Randle can be on the floor, but he was actually really screwing with the Griz's bigs tonight.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Is Parsons supposed to have his knee improve or is it what it is at this point? Maybe I'm wrong but he looks really slow on the court. How did he get a max contract?

Rick posted:

Julius Randle with his second triple double this season tonight. This one was nice because the Griz have the kind of lineup that usually limits how long Randle can be on the floor, but he was actually really screwing with the Griz's bigs tonight.

I saw him live in Chicago and Randle just seemed a step above everyone in terms of size and athleticism. Bulls are slow but my God he could be great if he polishes up his game.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

hahahahahaha

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
Can you imagine how much of a contender the Spurs would be if Tony Parker was still consistently good
It's a shame cuz he was the youngest member of the Big 3 but also the one least likely to age well. Manu can stay on the Spurs bench for another decade as far as I'm concerned

NeuroticErotica
Sep 9, 2003

Perform sex? Uh uh, I don't think I'm up to a performance, but I'll rehearse with you...

Niwrad posted:

Is Parsons supposed to have his knee improve or is it what it is at this point? Maybe I'm wrong but he looks really slow on the court. How did he get a max contract?

He played the best basketball of his life right before he got injured. Looked like an All-Star.

Dallas really missed a bullet on that one.

Boredumb
Mar 10, 2005

I have to watch this every time its posted. It's a perfect video

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

That is an amazing pull by Javale.

Holy poo poo My respect for JaVale McGee has never been higher

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
That javale post makes me pat the sweat from my brow with a handkerchief. We'll see what kind of sad reply shaq has

predicto
Jul 22, 2004

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

NickRoweFillea posted:

Resident NBA Granddads

Let me tell you about Tom Meschery - now there was a cager if'n there ever was one

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring

Dexo posted:

That is an amazing pull by Javale.

Holy poo poo My respect for JaVale McGee has never been higher

Yep. I think he's a cool dude, now that he's on the Warriors. You tell him, JaVale!

Also, Thibs is not a poo poo coach. But yes, the T'Wolves are bad.

Count Mippipopolous
Apr 10, 2008

Who would win in a greco-roman wrestling match Thibs or Stan Van Gundy?

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

The vastly better coach, person, and wrestler; Stan The Man.

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring
Iverson's MVP season VS Isaiah Thomas 2016-17

http://bkref.com/tiny/zoeWS

And I'm pretty sure Thomas will keep this up for the rest of the year.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.

Jack's Flow posted:

Iverson's MVP season VS Isaiah Thomas 2016-17

http://bkref.com/tiny/zoeWS

And I'm pretty sure Thomas will keep this up for the rest of the year.

drat I honestly had no idea Thomas was playing at that level right now.

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Libertine posted:

drat I honestly had no idea Thomas was playing at that level right now.

I've been kicking and screaming about it for a while but nobody cares. He's beasting, it's great to watch and I really hope he makes it on the all-star squad cuz he really deserves it.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

Niwrad posted:

I should watch more Timberwolves this year because they seem fun. Wiggins needs to try harder on defense though and LaVine came across as having a really low IQ on that end of the court. I know they are young but that defense should be getting better at some point this season.

This is an accurate assessment. LaVine will probably never be a good defender, but you can be fine with a bad defender at the 2. Wiggins has the tools for a good/very good perimeter defender but he is having trouble putting it together. He's still young for a guy to become lockdown though.

KAT is up and down too on D. He'll make an incredible block and then completely whiff a rotation. Again, he's a young guy and this usually comes after a few years.

Thibs defense is really hard to install on a bunch of guys with 1-2 years of experience in the league (and only 1 in college). I guess in hindsight expectations of a jump in wins was pretty premature, but it still is disappointing to watch it unfold.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

KAT was a complete animal the second half last night. I was so impressed. When he goes up for boards is like the death star coming over the horizon. Just freaky.

Antifa Poltergeist
Jun 3, 2004

"We're not laughing with you, we're laughing at you"

To my severely untrained Eye they get absolutely murdered on defensive rotations,bad switching and cant defend a simple p&r.they also need a defensive linch pin,someone like a 33 year old garnett and welp. They do ok on individual defense.i have no idea if this is backed up by defense stats.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

KAT just has another gear he goes to where he is faster off the floor than anyone else and so loving quick.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

ChainsawCharlie posted:

To my severely untrained Eye they get absolutely murdered on defensive rotations,bad switching and cant defend a simple p&r.they also need a defensive linch pin,someone like a 33 year old garnett and welp. They do ok on individual defense.i have no idea if this is backed up by defense stats.

Yeah, sounds about right to me. I think they can get there, it just looks like floundering right now. I wouldn't mind cap spent on a vet to come in and do some lead by example.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

What is supposed to be so genius about that Javale/Shaq tweet? Am I supposed to know who that half chicken man is?

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

RCarr posted:

What is supposed to be so genius about that Javale/Shaq tweet? Am I supposed to know who that half chicken man is?

If you click on the images you can see who the chicken man is. He's comparing Shaq's post-NBA career as a minstrel show.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

Warriors got Javale woke

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Henchman of Santa posted:

If you click on the images you can see who the chicken man is. He's comparing Shaq's post-NBA career as a minstrel show.

Javale moves to Oakland, gets Woke AF

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

RCarr posted:

The text on one of the chicken man images tells you who he is.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

the malcolm x of the cinnamon challenge

Os Furoris
Aug 19, 2002

Sac goons: I'm planning on buying a ticket to the Pacers Kings game this month. Is the upper deck terrible? Looks like I can get a seat for around $40 at half court. Any food recommendations near the new arena?

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

JaVale isn't actually smarter off the court than he is on the court, right? There are plenty of guys who are dumb as bricks off the court but plenty smart on it. I can't really think of anyone who is reverse....

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Lockback posted:

JaVale isn't actually smarter off the court than he is on the court, right? There are plenty of guys who are dumb as bricks off the court but plenty smart on it. I can't really think of anyone who is reverse....

JaVale is much smarter off the court.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

the Huey Newton of the segway

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch
I think I remember reading JaVale almost going to USC for film school, what a world that would have been

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

RCarr posted:

Also, it was revenge for this tweet
https://twitter.com/SHAQ/status/816416204189417472?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

• Locked thread