Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Specifically the engadged character whose sibling is extremely displeased about her hasty engagement to, in all fairness an extremely buff, manchild.

Im surprised to learn its not an actual designer item like the Vivienne Westwood wedding dress they just released.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

It does look extremely sharp, in a way that is not entirely safe.

...oh, now I get what's Final Fantasy about it.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER
Isn't 13 the one that nearly killed the series?

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

VanSandman posted:

Isn't 13 the one that nearly killed the series?

post puppies

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

Pick posted:

post puppies

They all gone now.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

VanSandman posted:

They all gone now.

find more

Clocks
Oct 2, 2007

It's like a jingle ball / screw combo.

I mean in all fairness it's not that bad but it's not something I'd want to wear forever or some poo poo. And if my boyfriend got me some weird official FF ring I'd be pissed. I dunno, I think girls should be able to just be like "yes I want to marry you, no I don't like this ring I'm going to wear forever, let's go pick out a different one." Oh well, that girl seemed generally fine with it at least.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL

quote:

Me [34 M] with my GF [26 F] 2 years, my job requires a prenup she says I might as well just break her heart now.

Our relationship started very casually almost two years ago. One night in the flirting, non-serious times I jokingly said "if we ever get married, I'm going to need a prenup". She said "never going to sign one of those". That was about the extent of the conversation and we were likely drunk when we had it. The next comment was probably "ok, lets go have sex".

It literally took a year and a half before we had any kind of committed relationship and the prenup never came up again. We didn't know if we would even have a relationship, much less talk about marriage.

At this point we talk about marriage but only in the sense of, yeah if we are still together 2 years from now we can start talking about marriage.

I own a very small percentage of my company business. For fake numbers, lets say I own 5%. My dad owns 70% and he has a partner that owns 25%. Over the next couple years or in the even of my dad's death, I will own 75% of the company.

Part of my shareholder agreement is that I will need a prenup. A prenup protects my dad and his partner and my siblings (who are not owners) and my children on and on and on from me potentially getting a divorce down the line.

She brought it up today briefly and I said I honestly have never seen one, nor do I know enough about them to speak intelligently about them so I would do some research. She told me not to bother and that if she is not the person I trust and see myself with without a paper than I might as well break her heart now because that is what will happen later.

I have tried explaining that it isn't my trust, its the trust of the business and the business doesn't trust any marriage. I also told her that I do not like them either and I agree with how she feels about them.

I have done a little research since then and it really seems as though it is highly highly advisable for me to have one and getting married without one is just plain stupid and careless on behalf of me and all other parties.

HOnestly, the only option I see is just not buying or receiving any more stock in the company. Which while that sounds quite romantic and all giving all of that up for love, it doesn't seem very practical.

Where can I go with this? How do I put this into terms that she understands? Or do I really just let her go which I can't stand the thought of?

tl;dr: Getting married without a prenup is not really feasible. Girlfriend says I might as well just leave now if that is what it is going to come to.

Lawrence Gilchrist
Mar 31, 2010

Hey reddit. My girlfriend doesn't want to sign a prenup freeing me up to be the majority shareholder in a company. She doesn't seem to care about my reasoning at all and is threatening a breakup. Anyway I definitely want to be with her and her behavior isn't a red flag for me because

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL

quote:

My [28F] boyfriend [26M] is obsessed with my weight and I don't know how to handle it

Me and my bf have been dating for 2 years. When we met, I was about 10-20 pounds heavier. I've lost about 15-20 pounds and a bunch of inches cause I had a personal trainer for 2 months. I don't think I'm fat but I do have a little bit of weight to lose. Most people wouldn't guess my weight cause of my chest and hips, meaning I don't look my weight.

He is obsessed with weight. Not just his but other people's too. He constantly makes comments about others, my family (some are obese, I will admit.) Complete strangers, etc. Hes constantly complaining about needing to workout more, needing to eat better and needing to gain more muscle, even though he isn't anywhere near fat. I'm always worried about how he'll act around others who are bigger cause he's so judgemental.

We've fought a lot about how he talks about my weight. He's called me chubby in the past and is constantly criticing what I've eaten or what I've done at the gym. I tell him I don't like the constant criticism but he says I take anything he says as critical.

Right before Christmas he was on another bender about his weight and said "we both need to lose weight" I asked what he meant and if he thought I was fat. And he told me "well how can you not think you don't need to lose weight ? You need to lose 20 pounds."

Now, he knows my struggle with weight and how I had a bulimia problem so bad and for so long it ruined the enamel on my teeth. We got into a big fight and even broke up. He said he was sorry over and over and over so I forgave him.

But yesterday we were relaxing and I was slouching on the couch, him in a chair across from me, and he told me "you're face looks like it's getting fatter." We fought again and he keeps apologizing but I can't get over it. He's compared me to other girls where he'll say "see that girl? Goals" in terms of a girls butt or whatever. When we went on vacation to the beach this past summer I kept catching him staring at other girls and we fought about it non loving stop.

How should I handle this situation? What should I say so he realizes I'm tired of being seen for just my weight.

TL;DR my boyfriend makes comments about my weight a lot and it's starting to change the way I see our relationship and I don't know how to handle the problem

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

they might be objectively reasonable legal precautions but asking for a prenup is, like, 2% more acceptable to most people than asking to open the relationship

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

A lawyer made a comment that I'm not smart enough to understand about how he doesn't actually need a prenup to not risk the business assets so he's spinning her a story of bullshit.

quote:

As a lawyer this honestly confuses me. What type of company is this? If it's an LLC, LLP, or corporation then your personal issues cannot impact the other shareholder's business assets. Your wife could become entitled to some of your business assets in a divorce but never anything that is theirs. I can definitely see your business partners wanting to keep exes out of the business, but a prenup is such a clunky way to do it. Even from your business partners' perspective. Prenups are notoriously weak legal documents!

Why not just have an attorney help draft a rule that prevents shares from being passed on to others in certain ways? If you are interested in avoiding a prenup you can change the LLC operating agreement, or the analogous document if your company is of a different form. All companies have a formative document of that nature as well as provisions for how the rules can be changed. It will probably require a vote or consensus between the shareholders or something to that effect.

If you don't want to change the rules then that's different and it's your choice. But don't think of it as an insurmountable commandment, because it isn't one.

Sjs00
Jun 29, 2013

Yeah Baby Yeah !

Dial-a-Dog posted:

WampaLord bringing in the hot takes on consent all over this last page, ladies watch out if you've got a bruise on your hip, those pants are coming off

loving lmao

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

they might be objectively reasonable legal precautions but asking for a prenup is, like, 2% more acceptable to most people than asking to open the relationship

It's because lovr is more important than money you monster!

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

murder

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

MinibarMatchman posted:

lol at all these stories of being married in your early 20s with a kid just lol

how does this poo poo keep happening...

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

WampaLord posted:

A lawyer made a comment that I'm not smart enough to understand about how he doesn't actually need a prenup to not risk the business assets so he's spinning her a story of bullshit.

i think lawyer guy is missing the part where the dad own's the majority and has it in the will to give it to the son, so after his dad dies the son would have those shares or w/e. I dunno I am not a lawyer and don't know anything about how owning shares in a business works but it sounds like it's a small enough family owned sorta thing.

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Surely they could write a prenup for just the shares then

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!

Pearnicious posted:

I always wonder when I read statements like this if they're full of crap or if he has actually been diagnosed. It seems like an easy excuse for lovely people to just say "eh, I'm mildly autistic" and just continue to be a piece of poo poo. What does he even mean by "mental exhaustion drain"? Like normal people don't get mentally exhausted from dealing with life in general? Throwing autism around like that can be an excuse for drat near anything. Didn't do the dishes? "Sorry, I'm too mentally exhausted because of my mild autism and ADHD. I can't do the dishes right now, I need to focus on my video games."

GBS in 2008-2010 had lots of posters like this.

I'm worried my [20 F] fat fetish is hindering my relationship with my new guy [21 M

quote:

I'm super hesitant to write about this, because I have never talked about it with anyone before (I'm very embarrassed by it).
I'm a 20-year-old college sophomore at a liberal university in the Northeast (US). Last year, I came to terms with the fact that I have a fat fetish. My exact fetish is when skinny (or skinnyish) guys gain weight and become fat or chubby. My ideal situation would be if a guy gained a lot of weight while we were together, especially if they are in denial about their weight gain.

After I stumbled upon the feeder/FA community online last year, I realized that the feelings I had always felt about weight gain since a young kid were in fact a fetish. I have NO IDEA how this kink developed (sidenote: if anyone has any insight into this I would appreciate it), I had a relatively "normal" upbringing and typical early sexual experiences, and besides this one thing I am pretty normal sexually. I am 5'5" and 120 lbs., so I don't think anyone suspects that I am into bigger guys.

Anyway, this year I started hooking up with a new guy pretty regularly. We've been hooking up for about two months multiple times a week and I like him a lot. He's 6'4" and ~200 lbs., so he's not small but he's in pretty good shape. However, I can't stop fantasizing about what it would be like if he gained weight, I touch his stomach a lot, I get turned on by watching him eat, etc. I am horrified by these feelings, because I like him a lot as a (thin) person and I know he doesn't want to change.

I am not proud of having this fetish, but I know that it can't be helped and it has brought me a lot of (masturbatory) pleasure. However, I would be mortified if anyone found out about it, and I would never tell the guy in question. I also don't want to objectify him and risk ruining our relationship with my strange sexual fantasies.

Basically, how can I separate my fantasy fetish life from my real sex life? I'm worried I will never be able to be completely sexually fulfilled.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug

Ride The Gravitron posted:

Surely they could write a prenup for just the shares then
Kinda sounds like that's what he wanted to do but she thinks any sort of prenup is a violation of their trust.

54 40 or fuck
Jan 4, 2012

No Yanda's allowed
Stick with it, he'll let himself go eventually

Sjs00
Jun 29, 2013

Yeah Baby Yeah !

54 40 or gently caress posted:

Is that your professional opinion

Personal Lucubrant
Oct 18, 2016

Just thinking about what to do with all the money I don't have.

54 40 or gently caress posted:

And then when he says he doesn't feel attractive anymore because he's getting chubby, let him know how you feel and it will probably make him feel great all over again.

54 40 or fuck
Jan 4, 2012

No Yanda's allowed

Sjs00 posted:

Is that your professional opinion

Yeah ever since I saw pics of your fat rear end anyway

Pearnicious posted:

And then when he says he doesn't feel attractive anymore because he's getting chubby, let him know how you feel and it will probably make him feel great all over again.

I imagine that'd be pretty sweet. You're getting older, metabolism is slowing down, mention you feel you're packing on the pounds and your SO says you're hotter than ever? Jackpot

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

what the gently caress what's the point of having a fat fetish when you're a woman into dudes. it's not like man boobs are hot.

54 40 or fuck
Jan 4, 2012

No Yanda's allowed
Once I wanted to look up pregnancy belly progression pics to kind of compare. Once.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug
Kinda depends on what way the dude is fat, we talkin skinny arms and legs but a huge prediabetic belly or more the powerlifter/outdoorsy type that is fat but capable of throwing their weight around.

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

Groovelord Neato posted:

what the gently caress what's the point of having a fat fetish when you're a woman into dudes. it's not like man boobs are hot.

Most fetishes are totally irrational and illogical. They're bizarre fixations, not preferences. They cannot be explained or justified.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
for example, my fetish for vests made of finely woven wheatgrass

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!
Childfree.txt

quote:

So I just spent a week in a house with a baby, a 7yo and 14 yo and this thought would not leave my head: People who think that they want to have kids to "impart life wisdom" and "mold" a human being are full of poo poo. Having kids is about nearly 100% care giving. You just try to keep them alive between meltdowns. You can not leave a newborn for 30 seconds unless it's sleeping and you have to use witchery to make them do that because a sleepy baby just screams instead of actually sleeping. A 7 year old is a need bucket with no personality. A 14 yo could not give less of a poo poo about what is being said to him and thinks he's fascinating to everyone because after so many years of being a larva child he can finally successfully use his thumbs which is admired by his family and he mistakes that for actual interest in him as a person. Cleaning, force feeding, handing them juice and oohing about thumb usage. That's it. That is parenthood. Oh, and kids completely monopolize whatever space they're in; no conversation is taking place with kids in the room. After a week I realized that I have not spoken to anyone about anything that was not simple logistics (getting somewhere, eating, eliminating). Thanks for letting me vent

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

Pick posted:

for example, my fetish for vests made of finely woven wheatgrass

:same:

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001

Bonzo posted:

Childfree.txt

A 7 year old is a need bucket with no personality

After a week I realized that I have not spoken to anyone about anything that was not simple logistics (getting somewhere, eating, eliminating).

I was about to complain that with these childfree posts you can't tell how old the OP is but never mind I figured it out

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Boy, having a fat fetish as a thin girl must be amazing.

You have your pick of the litter, and they'll all be super grateful.

I Was The Fury
Oct 19, 2012

Always stop to smell the flowers, just in case they're weeds

WampaLord posted:

Lol if you think fat girls aren't just as horny and desperate as fat guys

100 degrees Calcium
Jan 23, 2011

WampaLord posted:

If this thread has taught me anything, it's that there is no shortage of nerds who will fail to appreciate a beautiful and generous woman who loves them.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

I Was The Fury posted:

Lol if you think fat girls aren't just as horny and desperate as fat guys

..what does that have to do with what I said?

I Was The Fury
Oct 19, 2012

Always stop to smell the flowers, just in case they're weeds

WampaLord posted:

..what does that have to do with what I said?

I guess I just saw the "as a thin girl" and thought it excluded thin guys having their pick of the litter of super grateful and willing partners

Tears In A Vial
Jan 13, 2008

quote:

My [29F] boyfriend [28M] of five years has become infatuated (?) with female Twitch streamers and it's making me feel like crap

So I knew he was into video games when we started dating. I'm basically the opposite of him in that department; I've never been interested in anything video-game related. That entire "nerd" culture is not for me. Mind you, I have made an effort to understand his hobby and over the years I've even found games I enjoy playing, but I would definitely not consider "gaming" to be a hobby of mine (I'll play rhythm games like... once a week for a an hour at most for example.) In the beginning of the relationship (first couple years or so) it was pretty difficult getting through to him because he was constantly on WoW. We had to set boundaries later on because I found he wasn't making any time for me and he was constantly on Twitch either watching or streaming himself or playing WoW or LoL or whatever else. It got pretty bad, but we worked through it.

His obsession with Twitch kind of dwindled down and we were both (seemingly happy.)

However...

(And I feel dirty even writing this. I feel worthless and absolutely disgusting and unwanted, please don't judge me too harshly.)

One night before bed, as I was getting ready to lay down, he was watching a stream on his tablet of some famous (?) Twitch female streamer. I happened to glance over, and she was pretty scantily clad, big "nerd" glasses, tits hanging out. I thought, whatever. It's just him watching a game.

This went on for a few nights in a row, each time it was a different girl. He'd watch for a bit, turn it off, and immediately want to have sex. I've secretly felt like poo poo over it. But I guess last night kinda broke the camel's back.

He set up a stream, started coming on to me in bed, and left his tablet propped up on the night table. I was going along with his advances, but attempted to close the tablet when he told me, no leave it on, I want to watch her while I do you.

I was pretty much in shock, didn't know how to respond, started crying and left for the night. He didn't even really attempt to stop me, I got a half-assed sorry as I was leaving. Thankfully my parents live like five minutes away, so I spent the night there. Since I left, he's attempted to call twice and has texted me twice. One text was to tell me I'm overreacting. Am I? How do I approach this? I thought we were over it. I thought we had a decent relationship, but he clearly prefers watching women play video games over just having sex with me.

Do I approach him or wait for him to approach me?

TLDR: Boyfriend attempted to initiate sex with me while watching a stream of a female Twitch person, probably because he's turned on by that kind of thing. I feel kind of worthless and gross.

quote:

UPDATE
Last night I decided to get together for coffee with him, mostly because my mother urged me to. I never told her the extent of what exactly happened, but she knows it's video game-related because we've gone over this problem before in the past. Anyway, I initiated the conversation via text and he agreed to meet me.

I guess I don't know what I was expecting. Closure, maybe? Because I was pretty sure I wanted to end it and stop trying to work things out because I've BEEN working things out for the past five years. It's just become tiring. Anyway, he got into defence mode right away, basically listing all the things I've done wrong in the relationship and why he's over me. These are the things I've done wrong:

- I declined going to Korea last year for vacation. He so badly wanted to go. I knew if I went, I'd be left alone every day because his buddy would have come too. Also, there was a big LoL tournament happening at the time so he would've been doing LoL related things and mentally masturbating to the cosplayers all the time while I explored the city alone or hung out in a hotel. I said I wasn't interested in going, he got huffy but eventually got over it (or so I thought.)

- I changed my appearance even though I knew he liked women with long brown hair. I decided to cut my hair fairly short and bleach it blond not too long ago. It was time for a change anyway, and I'm very happy with how it turned out. He was not.

- I always refused to wear revealing clothing. He'd constantly badger me about how I don't wear enough stuff that shows off my tits and legs. I'm fairly modest, I'm not into that kinda stuff. I'm more comfortable in a t-shirt and jeans. He'd want me to wear sundresses and plunging tank tops, I always said no.

- My birthday gift this year was a pair of those giant wrap-around headphones. Head gear. I don't know what they're called. All the Twitch streamers are wearing them. But he spent a fairly good amount of money on them. Which sounds sweet I guess, but I had originally complained that my old headphones suck, and I need new ones for the gym. He got me these bulky ones and got upset that I don't wear them much. He's asked me in the past to wear them, put my hair in pigtails and wear revealing clothing around the house while wearing my glasses, I'm not even kidding. This guy is a major stereotype.

- I didn't play LoL and I didn't enjoy sitting on the couch watching him play hours of LoL. I don't how to play the game, I tried numerous times, I suck. I didn't enjoy myself. Why would I keep at it?

- And... I was not open-minded about anything. This is pertaining to the situation in the OP. I'm not open minded enough about being his Fleshlight, so this hurt his feelings too. I'm not accepting of his kinks! Which is a total loving lie because I've agreed to do some pretty "out there" stuff in the past to appease him. I'm very open-minded about sex. I would have appreciated a forewarning about the Twitch girl joining us in bed though.

- I don't get along with his friends. I tried to, SO HARD. I tried to relate to those guys like you wouldn't believe. But they all literally have zero social skills, they're awkward and blatantly ignored my existence whenever I was around. They'd start talking about things they're interested in and just disregard anything I ever said. They'd invite him to board game nights, asking if I'd be going too like they don't want me there. I was pretty much an outcast. So no, I tried. They just didn't want to be around me.

So, in conclusion... I told him I was done. He didn't really react dramatically. I think he's done with the relationship too. He can watch all the Twitch he wants now and play LoL for 23 hours of the day! That must be quite a relief.
I'm going to the apartment to pick up whatever I can later. I'm staying with my parents until I find a new place.
I feel oddly calm and okay with everything that's gone down in these last couple days. This is almost a relief.

Thanks everyone.

TLDR: Broke up with boyfriend. He thinks I'm scum for a number of reasons. I'm okay with it.

Sjs00
Jun 29, 2013

Yeah Baby Yeah !
Girlfriend: un-equipped

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

54 40 or fuck
Jan 4, 2012

No Yanda's allowed
Thank god all I could think of was how she should dump that loser