Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Scaramouche posted:

Yeah this, and that it was barely uniform between characters. The muscle guy had just a vest and the twitchy guy had weird pants with no ankle. And that somehow this was a uniform passed down from on high, and what you can extrapolate about the organization that requires such a uniform. Which ends in the King being the lead singer from Linkin Park, or possibly Korn.

My theory on the kingsguard "Uniforms" is that twelve year old Noctis designed super cool unique per person outfits that rule like my comic books. So king dad just went with it.

zxqv8 posted:

This game feels pretty unhurried, which is good, but I loving hate Cindy's fanservicey garbage character design, because it's bad.
Close your eyes if they ever buy gas at the Hammerhead, then. Even though you can skip it, I generally buy gas elsewhere because you have to use 'skip' twice at the Hammerhead :v: Look lady, I'm in a hurry to get back to hunting wild animals before sundown. So I can afford to unlock even more paint options.

Speaking of paint jobs, I wish you could buy ore. Or at least preview paintjobs you don't have the parts for. I always seem to be exactly one short of one specific type for stuff that catches my interest.

Samuel L. Chan posted:

Is the vaguely scummy guy with a New York accent really jarring for anyone else? It's like a real person got sucked into FF15, where does he even come from in game?
On top of the explanation he does give for why he's sending you out to collect rocks, it is my belief Dino desperately needs funds to pay for his corrective surgery. So one day, he will finally be allowed to lower his right arm from hovering above waist height while sitting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)

topiKal posted:

Listen I am a pro angler ok

Talk about backseat fishing.

Samuel L. Chan
May 13, 2007

Smoking marijuana, eating Cheese Doodles, and masturbating do not constitute 'plans' in my book!

Section Z posted:

On top of the explanation he does give for why he's sending you out to collect rocks, it is my belief Dino desperately needs funds to pay for his corrective surgery. So one day, he will finally be allowed to lower his right arm from hovering above waist height while sitting.

Alternatively, some kids superglued him to that bench and he is too proud to admit his mistakes. That's actually his shop now, the bench.

Qtotonibudinibudet
Nov 7, 2011

Omich poluyobok, skazhi ty narkoman? ya prosto tozhe gde to tam zhivu, mogli by vmeste uyobyvat' narkotiki

dimenticon posted:

Cindy ended up being likeable to me by the end of the game, in the sense that her accent actually grew on me and she was inoffensive and friendly.

Really though, not seeing any good reason she's dressed as she is and was given that refueling scene other than the obvious, which isn't a good reason imo.

Besides, it could be much worse.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

anatoliy pltkrvkay posted:

I never even noticed that those pants where chocobos looking at her crotch.
But Chocolina sort of grew on me too.

Teledahn
May 14, 2009

What is that bear doing there?

We're going to weird japanese anime-vegas?

MR. J
Nov 22, 2011

Chuck and Fuck

Man, Kazooie cosplay is weeeeird.

Med School
Feb 27, 2012

Where did you learn how to do that?
Cindy comes from a broken home that's why she dresses like that. Pretty realistic tbh

topiKal
Mar 11, 2006

Rock Solid.
Heart Touching.
:frogsiren: CUTSCENES :frogsiren:

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

To unlock the ability to get more car colors, you need to buy that book of paint samples you looked at before.

Fedule
Mar 27, 2010

No one left uncured.
I got you.
Oh boy! It sure is fun to go through all that without having seen Kingsglaive.

Cliff notes:
  • The peace treaty was a ruse, obviously, to give Niflheim an opportunity to ambush Insomnia.
  • The Empire's goal was to steal the Crystal (the source of Insomnia's magic) along with the Ring of the Lucii (which houses the spirits of the Lucian Kings of Old (basically gods) and supposedly can confer their power upon the worthy)
  • Noct and Luna were supposed to marry in the Crown City, with Luna arriving with the empire during the treaty ceremonies. This is why people think they are dead.
  • (Regis saw this coming, and lied to Noct that he was to travel to Altissia. This explains Noct &co's unceremonious departure and why Dino can blackmail them... but the idea of them being incognito is admittedly a bit of a stretch on the game's part tbqh)
  • Plucky Kingsglaive soldier Nyx (pictured) helps Luna escape the city with the Ring.
  • Two people try to harness the Ring's power: some guy named Ravus who gets his arm burned off by the displeased spirits, and Nyx, who bargains with the Kings of Old for one day of superpowers at the cost of his life
  • The Empire successfully steals the Crystal
  • Hey wait I'm sure another character we've run into was in this film somewhere...

Fedule fucked around with this message at 22:39 on Jan 4, 2017

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Regarding the No Experience accessory: it is intended for no level runs yes, but the key thing about it is that it doesn't actually give you No Experience, it just stops you from leveling when you rest. So what you do with it is pop it on before you go to sleep at a campground or RV, then take it off in the morning, so that you just accumulate tons and tons of experience until you cash it in at a x2 or x3 hotel (which are expensive as poo poo even with your discount card) and powerlevel like all loving hell.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Me llamo Sarah Brandolino, the eighth Castilian of this magnificent marriage.
Unlike Auron, I'm sure Cid got all his experience.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
Funny enough I'm pretty sure Cid was his group's Prompto.

ManSedan
May 7, 2006
Seats 4
Cheevos ruining dramatic moments will never get old.

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

It's going to pay off eventually--I'm sure of it.

Any day now.

I like that the table at the start does not show a shadow when you stand on it, but does if you stand beside it. I bet the code in this game is disturbing.

ishikabibble
Jan 21, 2012

Something I think the game never tells you, is that R1 in the car changes the camera angle. You get like three levels of far/close and some weird off center interior view.

melodicwaffle
Oct 9, 2012

Call or fold?

ishikabibble posted:

Something I think the game never tells you, is that R1 in the car changes the camera angle. You get like three levels of far/close and some weird off center interior view.

Yeah there's a bunch of hidden controls for the car, L1/R1 to go between camera angles, triangle to honk, down on the d-pad for repeat/shuffle, and holding in R3(?) for like 5 seconds lets you put the roof up and down. Kind of pointless features overall but they're a neat touch I think.

topiKal
Mar 11, 2006

Rock Solid.
Heart Touching.

melodicwaffle posted:

Yeah there's a bunch of hidden controls for the car, L1/R1 to go between camera angles, triangle to honk, down on the d-pad for repeat/shuffle, and holding in R3(?) for like 5 seconds lets you put the roof up and down. Kind of pointless features overall but they're a neat touch I think.

Wow you're definitely gonna regret telling me about those honk and roof controls

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

I'm 15 hours in and had absolutely no clue about the stamina trick lmao

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe

topiKal posted:

Wow you're definitely gonna regret telling me about those honk and roof controls

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

So many mechanics that never get explained.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Fedule posted:

Oh boy! It sure is fun to go through all that without having seen Kingsglaive.

Cliff notes:
  • The peace treaty was a ruse, obviously, to give Niflheim an opportunity to ambush Insomnia.
  • The Empire's goal was to steal the Crystal (the source of Insomnia's magic) along with the Ring of the Lucii (which houses the spirits of the Lucian Kings of Old (basically gods) and supposedly can confer their power upon the worthy)
  • Noct and Luna were supposed to marry in the Crown City, with Luna arriving with the empire during the treaty ceremonies. This is why people think they are dead.
  • (Regis saw this coming, and lied to Noct that he was to travel to Altissia. This explains Noct &co's unceremonious departure and why Dino can blackmail them... but the idea of them being incognito is admittedly a bit of a stretch on the game's part tbqh)
  • Plucky Kingsglaive soldier Nyx (pictured) helps Luna escape the city with the Ring.
  • Two people try to harness the Ring's power: some guy named Ravus who gets his arm burned off by the displeased spirits, and Nyx, who bargains with the Kings of Old for one day of superpowers at the cost of his life
  • The Empire successfully steals the Crystal
  • Hey wait I'm sure another character we've run into was in this film somewhere...

We met the villain of Kingsglaive very very briefly at the start of the game with the King. He had like maybe one or two lines.

coleman francis
Aug 8, 2007

Tap tap
The ketchup bottle
None will come
Then axolotl
Hair Elf
Ignis' internship at the Ministry For Silly Walks left a lasting impression on him.

Also was it just me or did the 'mineral deposit' you dug thru look like the big birds big turd?

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Also no the Imperial soldiers aren't people, they're robots.

e: oh nvm you got to that part

Rody One Half fucked around with this message at 01:30 on Jan 5, 2017

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Rodyle posted:

Also no the Imperial soldiers aren't people, they're robots.

e: oh nvm you got to that part
I always interpreted that the ones that are called "Imperial Soldiers" are people and the ones that are called "Magitek Soldiers" and are several levels higher than the other enemies are robots

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

JT Jag posted:

I always interpreted that the ones that are called "Imperial Soldiers" are people and the ones that are called "Magitek Soldiers" and are several levels higher than the other enemies are robots

Nope they are both robots.

dimenticon
Jun 16, 2014

Me irl, whatever, who cares

MonsterEnvy posted:

Nope they are both robots.

I agree with JT, enemies with the Imperial marker are people while ones with the Magitek marker are robots. Magitek enemies have a really uncanny way of moving, and Imperial soldiers that appear in cutscenes and cgi trailers move naturally like human soldiers. They're also usually stronger than Imperial enemies and get in your face with melee weapons as opposed to guns only like Imperials.

melodicwaffle
Oct 9, 2012

Call or fold?

Magitek troopers have glowing red eyes and are robots, Imperial soldiers do not have the glowing eyes and are human. Like dimenticon said they're also animated really differently. One of the NPCs in the Crow's Nest Diner mentioned at some point how he saw a magitek trooper and it creeped him the gently caress out

Lt. Conquistador
Oct 25, 2011

Because "Lieutenant" didn't fit.
I wanted to post this, but gently caress me, right?

Fabulousvillain
May 2, 2015
I just love Ignis' hover hand in that picture.

Lastdancer
Apr 21, 2008
Be sure to keep an eye out for when Prompto's skill levels up -- it usually means he gained a new filter that you should immediately turn off, because they are all bad

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
What is even the point of Prompto's skill?

I get Gladwrap's skill, he finds loot as you wander around and fight.

I get Noct's skill, he gets food and loot.

I get Ignis' skill, he provides the buffs.

But what does photography do?

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Gorilla Salad posted:

You get photographs

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Gorilla Salad posted:

How else are you supposed to make a scrapbook?

DentD
Aug 13, 2015

I can predict the future! And you're going to be OKAY.

Lastdancer posted:

Be sure to keep an eye out for when Prompto's skill levels up -- it usually means he gained a new filter that you should immediately turn off, because they are all bad

Agreed except for the black and white filter. That one can stay. I get nice desktop wallpapers with that one.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Andrast posted:

You get photographs

RareAcumen posted:

How else are you supposed to make a scrapbook?

Further confirmation, if more is needed, that Prompto truly is the most useless member of the band.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Gorilla Salad posted:

Further confirmation, if more is needed, that Prompto truly is the most useless member of the band.

The dumb photos are great.

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

The photos are the most important feature in the game, especially when they're bad. :colbert:

I think in that photo of Cindy she either was supposed to be sitting in the car and was put in the wrong place, or was given the wrong animation, that of sitting in the car. Same difference.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dimenticon
Jun 16, 2014

Me irl, whatever, who cares

Gorilla Salad posted:

I mean... yeah, he literally is since he's just a friend from Noct's high school and hasn't received any official lifelong training like Glad or Ignis.

But goddamn if his pictures, good or hilariously bad don't lighten the mood and make for some good memories. He's the "heart" power of the group. So... useless, yeah. Still love him though.

• Locked thread