Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
I haven't woke up at 0-anything since I got out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

yay night shift

Lazy Reservist
Nov 30, 2005

FUBIJAR
We postin alarms in here?

Also can't wait for the Georgia Snowpocalypse of 2017

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

MurderBot posted:

holy poo poo.

I'm up at 0328 before my alarm even goes off at 0330 y'all need sleep studies

I've just always been like that. I'll turn poo poo off in my sleep so they're more back ups for back ups

Found a cool app called kiwake that makes you do poo poo to turn off the alarm, gonna give it a go.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

ga gonna shut down for a week

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
I have a custom made hilariously obnoxious alarm that basically calls me a piece of poo poo for sleeping in. It's effective.

Lazy Reservist
Nov 30, 2005

FUBIJAR

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

ga gonna shut down for a week

I like to think that every snowflake that falls on Atlanta contains in some part a little bit of piss that Sherman squeezed out on the ashes.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?
I got an Amazon Echo for Christmas, so every morning I'm going to wake up to Jeremy Clarkson screaming at me to wake up.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
Alarm for 6:40, I wake up at like 6:35 and think about if there is anything important for me to do first thing or if I can gently caress off for another hour.

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

“We don’t really know where this goes — and I’m not sure we really care.”
I always set my alarm but I pretty much never hear it because I always wake up like 10 minutes before it goes off

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

Mustang posted:

I always set my alarm but I pretty much never hear it because I always wake up like 10 minutes before it goes off

If I wake up 1 minute before mine goes off, I go back to sleep.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
I wake up two or three times per night so it's hit or miss if I'm up shortly before my alarm goes off. If I'm up at 4:45 I usually just get out of bed and start my day.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
4:30am, 5am, 5:30am, 6am, 6:30am, monday thru friday. First three to wake me up, last two are to remind me to take pills and when it's time to walk Frank.

Can't wait for daylights savings to die.

CRUSTY MINGE fucked around with this message at 03:02 on Jan 5, 2017

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
posting my alarms

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
What's the random 9:37 for

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

TBeats posted:

What's the random 9:37 for

I wanna say that one was for when I had to travel to my brother's place for xmas eve.

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

“We don’t really know where this goes — and I’m not sure we really care.”
I have one alarm that I do actually use to wake me up, it's the one to wake me up from my nap in my car between PT and work starting. It's kind of weird how often while napping in my car I have sleep paralysis or whatever its called where you think you're awake and can't move but you're actually still awake. Never happens to me when I'm sleeping anywhere else.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
Oh we posting alarms?

Have to get up early tomorrow for a meeting at the VA. Who the hell schedules a meeting at 8am?! :argh:

Fake edit: it is an Apple Watch screenshot

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Mustang posted:

I have one alarm that I do actually use to wake me up, it's the one to wake me up from my nap in my car between PT and work starting. It's kind of weird how often while napping in my car I have sleep paralysis or whatever its called where you think you're awake and can't move but you're actually still awake. Never happens to me when I'm sleeping anywhere else.

its your body giving up on the career you picked

Vasudus
May 30, 2003

I'm not resizing poo poo.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Vasudus posted:

long press when posting and upload the image via the awful app and it resizes it for you

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

psydude posted:

just lol if you don't accidentally turn your alarm off when you're disoriented in the morning instead of placing it on snooze and then fall back asleep for another hour
That's why I have an alarm clock, my phone, and my Echo set.

I was dumb and impulse bought a smart light switch on Black Friday without checking to see if I had a neutral wire on the old switch. Hopefully my next apartment does, I want to set it so the alarm turns on the light too.

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]
God drat hell YES I love when people post screenshots of their freaking alarms !!

Helldump Immunity
Sep 11, 2001

pretty much rollin with the dad farm these days
dad chat more like dud chat

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Last time I saw this much dick waving was in a barracks shower

ManMythLegend
Aug 18, 2003

I don't believe in anything, I'm just here for the violence.

Ice Cream Barbara posted:

God drat hell YES I love when people post screenshots of their freaking alarms !!

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

good thing you're charging your phone

I disagree.

McNally posted:

I got an Amazon Echo for Christmas, so every morning I'm going to wake up to Jeremy Clarkson screaming at me to wake up.

I think I posted this in the drunk thread but not here.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r5p0gqCIEa8

Godholio fucked around with this message at 04:05 on Jan 5, 2017

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

See Zeris this would be a good time to break out those IK powers

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

See Zeris this would be a good time to break out those IK powers

backseat IK-ing is frowned upon, sir :redass:

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Godholio posted:

I disagree.

lol

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
:shrug: I thought it was funny.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av

just lol if your wife doesn't wake you up every morning with sex

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

Rad Lieutenant posted:

just lol if your wife doesn't wake you up every morning with sex

lol

:smith:

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

You guys need to discover the majesty of working from home. Wake up at 7:30, shower, and eat breakfast after logging in at 8 while watching TV.

Also I schedule all of my on-site customer engagements for 10 AM so I can still do this and miss the morning rush hour.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
i get up at 515 by choice, not by necessity. the earliest thing i have to do begins after 9.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

psydude posted:

You guys need to discover the majesty of working from home. Wake up at 7:30, shower, and eat breakfast after logging in at 8 while watching TV.

Also I schedule all of my on-site customer engagements for 10 AM so I can still do this and miss the morning rush hour.

this but pm for me

working from home is amazing

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

I just wake up whenever I wake up.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Vasudus posted:

Wow dude plan on charging that battery anytime soon?

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Hey how about that time your boss told you to move a 12 foot long, 7 foot high, 6900 lb disk array from the data center raised floor to the warehouse area 500 yards away, and you only have yourself, and one other guy to do it and no, a pallet truck will not fit under it.

I almost became two of me when i tried to stop the thing rolling down a ramp

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

no bones about it posted:

Hey how about that time your boss told you to move a 12 foot long, 7 foot high, 6900 lb disk array from the data center raised floor to the warehouse area 500 yards away, and you only have yourself, and one other guy to do it and no, a pallet truck will not fit under it.

I almost became two of me when i tried to stop the thing rolling down a ramp

Also one of the tires on your hand truck is flat and the rack on the other side has been set for fixed length rail kits so you have to readjust it.

• Locked thread