Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
I was at that show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Katie Levine was always the best at that.

"Don't worry the mics aren't picking that up..."

Everyone calms down and moves on.

Steal Katie from Nerdist is what I'm saying if she's still there. No engineer should be part of the show.

(CALL ME SCOTT!!!!! BRETT'S NOT FUNNY AND HIS GIRLFRIEND DOES WEIRD THINGS WITH HAIRBRUSHES!!!!)

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica
Speaking of that random engineer, listen to retired podcast Daves of Thunder for some Katie Levine involvement that turns out well.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
Next time Scott gets angry on mic, somebody should ask him to calm down and mention how he's standing on the table swinging his fists at everyone.

power botton
Nov 2, 2011

I was there too

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
More regulars should gently caress with Scott by trying to yes and him like he tries to do with everyone else.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Scott Aukerman is literally a comedian and an actor and you are all psycho-analyzing him based on his demeanor during a podcast.

Think about that for a second.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

While this is true, Scott is a legitimately odd dude who struggles with social interactions so the line is quite blurred.

The Senator Giroux
Jul 9, 2006
Dead Ringer

That's also true

Unmerciful
Sep 14, 2008

We've also listened to him for literally hundreds of hours. Even if it's a one-sided relationship, that much time can and should give you a deeper understanding of who he is, which is a complex guy with flaws like anyone else.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

JethroMcB posted:

Next time Scott gets angry on mic, somebody should ask him to calm down and mention how he's standing on the table swinging his fists at everyone.

and crying.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
Personally I miss chill Scott from the early days of CDR/CBB.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Something changed in him when he opened the howl factory

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Unmerciful posted:

We've also listened to him for literally hundreds of hours. Even if it's a one-sided relationship, that much time can and should give you a deeper understanding of who he is, which is a complex guy with flaws like anyone else.

You're listening to a character dude.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD

Paul Zuvella posted:

Scott Aukerman is literally a comedian and an actor and you are all psycho-analyzing him based on his demeanor during a podcast.

Oh well if he's a comedian then there's no way he's an angry weirdo. Thanks for reminding us.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

Paul Zuvella posted:

You're listening to a character dude.

Sir. PLEASE get down off that table. You are Crying!

Know Such Peace
Dec 30, 2008
There was some point in the last few years where Scott shut down a little in regards to what he put out of his personal life. The grueling schedule of season four of the CBB TV show probably had something to do with that change. I think it happened around the time of the commentary episode of UTU2TM.

I still can't believe he took an improv-heavy talk show podcast and decided to turn it into a high-concept sketch show with occasional semi-improvised segments.

Garth_Marenghi
Nov 7, 2011

The Ape of Naples posted:

I feel like Besser is quick to anger too. I wonder if that's a common thing. I wonder if I can soften my fits of abuse to people by implying that I might have a sense of humor too.
Edit: To be fair, I wouldn't know how to react to a compliment either. Though I've never even taken so much as a good deuce that anyone would appreciate.

Good Post.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
If a stranger approached me at a party and complimented me I wouldn't know hot to react either. Especially if it's an industry party that's presumably more professional than social in nature.

peepsalot
Apr 24, 2007

PEEP THIS...
           BITCH!

feedmyleg posted:

If a stranger approached me at a party and complimented me I wouldn't know hot to react either. Especially if it's an industry party that's presumably more professional than social in nature.
One weird tip to dealing with compliments comedians don't want you to know: say "thanks"

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

Tatumje posted:

The grueling schedule of season four of the CBB TV show probably had something to do with that change

I'd bet losing a baby probably bummed him out a bit.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

I don't think I knew about that. Poor Scott :(

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Personally, I feel that Scripps Moneyman is a total sellout.

Garth_Marenghi
Nov 7, 2011

ManoliIsFat posted:

I'd bet losing a baby probably bummed him out a bit.

poo poo they had a second miscarriage? That's terrible.

Know Such Peace
Dec 30, 2008
The first episode that introduces Adomian's Leykis character gets tougher to listen to every year because of that whole situation.

He also lost Rocky this year.

Harris was a tough loss for everyone to deal with in early 2015.

Scott deserves a good year.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Fisting Tent posted:

He had a first one? I had no idea about either, when did these become public knowledge? :(

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
He's definitely implied trouble having children several times in the show. Always passed it off as a joke, but it happened enough and in specific enough contexts that it was clear something was going on if you were reading between the lines.

Garth_Marenghi
Nov 7, 2011

GobiasIndustries posted:

He had a first one? I had no idea about either, when did these become public knowledge? :(

You know what I remember her tweeting an article about a person having a miscarriage in 2014 or there about (my wife was pregnant at the time so that is why it sticks out) and I may be assuming it had happened to her then as well.
I think i should just retire my amateur kid detective license now.

EDIT: They should just adopt Drew Tarver

Garth_Marenghi fucked around with this message at 21:43 on Jan 5, 2017

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

Fisting Tent posted:

Oh you know I only kinda half knew this story, heard Kulap talking about it recently, assumed that was this year. My apologies.

defectivemonkey
Jun 5, 2012
Scott and Kulap are on an episode of Death, Sex & Money. It's from 2014 and they talk about wanting to start a family and I think about it and get sad whenever someone mentions kids on CBB.

Also they did it during the promo period for Kulap's Origin Story Indiegogo and wtf where is that documentary? It was out on hold a bit for Bajillion but I really want to see it.

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

defectivemonkey posted:

Scott and Kulap are on an episode of Death, Sex & Money. It's from 2014 and they talk about wanting to start a family and I think about it and get sad whenever someone mentions kids on CBB.

Also they did it during the promo period for Kulap's Origin Story Indiegogo and wtf where is that documentary? It was out on hold a bit for Bajillion but I really want to see it.

There was some episode of a kinda small podcast Kulap was on recently where I think she talks about it IIRC and it's killing me I can't remember. I feel bad now, talking about something I only half remember

And ya, I contributed to Origin Story. Last update was about a year ago. I stopped listening to whooch regularly, but I'm also vaguely recalling something crazy happened with Kulaps mom with gambling or hospital debts or something that I thought. The movie took a new direction when she met up with her dad, too. Sounds like its in flux.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

EL BROMANCE posted:

While this is true, Scott is a legitimately odd dude who struggles with social interactions so the line is quite blurred.
i was very disappointed with this thread for a while there

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

defectivemonkey posted:

The anxiety/nervousness is spilling out of Scott in this (IMO). His voice is doing the same thing mine does when I'm interviewing for jobs.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

cams posted:

i was very disappointed with this thread for a while there

Oh I'm not saying "when you hear Scott shout on the podcast he's definitely legitimately angry", just that he's human and some guests do know how to push his buttons and sometimes you can hear it spill a little. I can't even specifically recall the parts people are referring to, so not making a comment about those.

Besser, on the other hand, hates everyone and everything.

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

So I will learn to live with it. Because I can live with it. I can live with it.

Fisting Tent posted:

EDIT: They should just adopt Drew Tarver

You can't do that to poor Kenny Tarver

https://www.instagram.com/p/BObVvzxAS9w/

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

piratepilates posted:

You can't do that to poor Kenny Tarver

https://www.instagram.com/p/BObVvzxAS9w/

Did I just watch a dad find his connect?

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

So I will learn to live with it. Because I can live with it. I can live with it.

Darkman Fanpage posted:

Did I just watch a dad find his connect?

Well......

http://www.leagle.com/decision/1991555198GaApp357_1432/GRANT%20v.%20STATE

quote:

Via a two-count indictment, Harvey Lee Grant, Thomas Doe, Herbert Grant and Gregory Hodges a/k/a Meaty Treaty, were charged with selling cocaine in violation of the Georgia Controlled Substances Act. Specifically, in Count 1 of the indictment, Harvey Lee Grant and Thomas Doe were accused of selling cocaine on June 5, 1989, to Cecil Hutchins; in Count 2 of the indictment, Harvey Lee Grant, Herbert Grant and Gregory Hodges were charged with selling cocaine on June 14, 1989, to Andre Cooper in violation of the Georgia Controlled Substances Act.

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

Paul Zuvella posted:

I saw this thread had 67 new posts in a day and thought "Oh my God... somebody died" but instead people think Scott is actually furious at his engineers on his silly podcast.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Mordecai Sanchez posted:

I saw this thread had 67 new posts in a day and thought "Oh my God... somebody died" but instead people think Scott is actually furious at his engineers on his silly podcast.
comedy man apparently a complex human with a life beyond making people stand by speaking mistakes for laughs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

beeman
May 7, 2008

re the time that Cody was watching basketball on his computer and accidentally played the audio on the podcast

i thought about what would have happened if it he did this during hollywood handbook, and i imagined sean and hayes being more fake mad, but actually seeming less sincere mad