Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
I think the issue with vlc's list of things valve did for CSGO in tyool 2016 is that no matter the network improvements or map changes and updates you make, if the game isn't working as intended and instead of trying to fix the poo poo that fucks your game up you release more skins, it isn't worth connecting on that 25 ping connection to play on infernew.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

real dilemma
Apr 12, 2007
last week some random in mm laughed at me because it "looked like i was controlling my crosshair with a boat wheel"

*tear* i've finally made it

Depths
Apr 15, 2009

SENPAI
How many wheel turns does it take for you to do a full 360?

real dilemma
Apr 12, 2007

Depths posted:

How many wheel turns does it take for you to do a full 360?

1.1, but only if i also set the throttle to full reverse

metallicaeg
Nov 28, 2005

Evil Red Wings Owner Wario Lemieux Steals Stanley Cup
last night I had GOONS say that my sens was too low

during a 4K pistol round (that we lost)

where I ended up dropping 33 on cache with an ace (that we easily won)

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

There is no sensitivity too low.

The only thing that you should consider is how often you flick and knock something off your desk with your arm movements.

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.
Increase your sensitivity by 0.01 every day, no matter what. This is the secret to transcending CS.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

There is no sensitivity too high. Make it so fast you just whirl around in circles creating a shield of bullets in all directions. This confuses and frightens the enemy.

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

Jeza posted:

Increase your sensitivity by 0.01 every day, no matter what. This is the secret to transcending CS.

Lower your roomates sensitivity by .01 everyday for a month then turn it back. Watch as he TKs someone on accident.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

Hpw do I get it to say damage stuff from console into the chat like I see on some videos and streams.

Thom and the Heads
Oct 27, 2010

Farscape is actually pretty cool.

drunken officeparty posted:

Hpw do I get it to say damage stuff from console into the chat like I see on some videos and streams.

join ESEA

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

or us an overly complicated config!!!!!

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=221277004

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

https://www.twitch.tv/eleaguetv

Gambit vs North
fnatic vs G2
SK vs HR
VP vs Optic

are the match ups so far for the major.

edit: Atlanta CSGO Major hasn't even sold out a 4600 person theater, bring back MLG Columbus pls

Photex fucked around with this message at 23:27 on Jan 5, 2017

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.
dead gaem

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

Why do ~the pros~ ban maps and not ban guns that would be so much more interesting

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.
Some pretty juicy looking games. From the look of it there's not really a dud team at this Major. Even the "bad" lineups have picked up firepower. Feels like the times where there were 4 teams way ahead and then 2-4 minnows is pretty much gone. I don't see too many free win matchups here.

surc
Aug 17, 2004

Psyched for VP vs Optic, although I'd prefer that to be the finals. What time does day 1 start? Phone posting from work so I can't watch the stream.

Loutre
Jan 14, 2004

✓COMFY
✓CLASSY
✓HORNY
✓PEPSI
I can't find anything on google, is there any reason to break vents for someone on CT Mirage window room? Do you move the same exact speed through if you knife it yourself?

EvilBeard
Apr 24, 2003

Big Q's House of Pancakes

Fun Shoe

Loutre posted:

I can't find anything on google, is there any reason to break vents for someone on CT Mirage window room? Do you move the same exact speed through if you knife it yourself?

I mainly do it so they don't have to deal with messing it up if they don't hit it right. They can run with their knife out and get there as soon as they can. That's the one spot where just a slight delay can wreak havoc on your team.

Too Poetic
Nov 28, 2008

Kwilty posted:

Chrome also has a browser addon

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/ban-checker-for-steam/canbadmphamemnmdfngmcabnjmjgaiki?hl=en

Then just go to friends, recently played with.
If VAC bans are permanent then how is someone I played with yesterday VAC banned almost a year ago?

sleppy
Dec 25, 2008

VAC bans only apply to certain games they happened in, like notorious hacker garfu who got a VAC in Nosgoth but still roams goonmans to this day. I think I remember weird rules about associated games also being barred.

sleeptalker
Feb 17, 2011

This owns https://clips.twitch.tv/esea/DifficultOwlDatSheffy

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

this is fuckin sick and then semphis FUCKS it all up

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

is this the tournament that arkimonday just no-showed and hosed over Muffin Lightning?

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Photex posted:

is this the tournament that arkimonday just no-showed and hosed over Muffin Lightning?

Yes.

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*
CLG di^ is gonna take his spot which is cool

Garfu
Mar 6, 2008

Much like buttholes, families are meant to be tight.

Loutre posted:

The main reason for this is to break the vent earlier so the Ts can't hear the sound as they approach top mid. If the person going window breaks it, that means they spent a second without their knife out and thus get there late.

yolandi
Jul 3, 2014

To the :c00l:

Luna Was Here posted:

this is fuckin sick and then semphis FUCKS it all up

I think semphis is generally bad at aggressive sniper plays.

Dispersal
Nov 5, 2005

yolandi posted:

I think semphis is bad.

Agreed.

fyallm
Feb 27, 2007

College Slice

Photex posted:

edit: Atlanta CSGO Major hasn't even sold out a 4600 person theater, bring back MLG Columbus pls

:( Me and my friends just yesterday were talking about how we bought our tickets to Columbus this time last year and we really are missing it this year...

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry
It's the year 2017, and esport is dead

surc
Aug 17, 2004

Oh, another tournament? I think I'll sit this one out and wait for the one next week. (Have less tournaments, CSGO)

stump collector
May 28, 2007
!drop

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
When is next major

canoshiz
Nov 6, 2005

THANK GOD FOR THE SMOKE MACHINE!
ELEAGUE major starts on the 22nd.

Astralis making the big bucks:

Audax
Dec 1, 2005
"LOL U GOT OWNED"
No. Eleague major is the 27th-29th.

Edit: apparently I'm wrong. Those are the Fox theatre dates. Groups is before that at eleague studios

Audax fucked around with this message at 18:38 on Jan 6, 2017

meowmeowmeowmeow
Jan 4, 2017
Is that EU notation? Like 1k$ a day, or 108 pennies a day?

Is it per day every day of the year? Or per day at events? Per day of play? So confused.

Buller
Nov 6, 2010
Danish teams doing it big, Astralis with some of the most successful Danish venture capitalist backing and North with FCK and Nordisk Film behind them!!!!

canoshiz
Nov 6, 2005

THANK GOD FOR THE SMOKE MACHINE!

meowmeowmeowmeow posted:

Is that EU notation? Like 1k$ a day, or 108 pennies a day?

Is it per day every day of the year? Or per day at events? Per day of play? So confused.

One thousand US Dollars per event day. They traveled 148 days total, so from prize money alone they averaged $148k per player.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

surc
Aug 17, 2004

They mention boot camps and PR trips, presumably they aren't making that on those days either. Not quite 148k, but probably at least a solid majority of that amount.