Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

interrodactyl posted:

Any idea when the orlandu banner is? That's the only thing that would convince me to pick this up again since I've got 30k lapis and 70 tickets stocked up

It was guessed to be end of this month but if :qq: MY MOBILE GAMING PURITY :qq: gets her banner first then probably early/mid-February if we're lucky.

insideoutside posted:

I didn't know either so I googled her. She is known for her song about getting hosed so much that she can't walk straight and the fact that kids like listening to and singing the song but don't know what it is about despite there being lyrics about riding a dick bicycle in the song. It also has someone named Nikki Minaj who says she is the best rapper ever but is actually one of the worst of her performance in that song is any indication.

Songs about loving aren't new.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001
https://twitter.com/wardell_bot/status/816788951230840833

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

I don't know why we are all surprised, she's already got the whole FF belts and zippers thing down pat.

Mrit SA
Nov 11, 2016

by Lowtax

Cartoon Man posted:

I don't know why we are all surprised, she's already got the whole FF belts and zippers thing down pat.

She looks like she came right out of FF15.

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?
So different comment here but how much stronger is Fina over Exdeath any who? Like, if significantly so I'll probably throw some tickets.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
What if they just replace Orlandu with Ariana?

ZarathustraFollower
Mar 14, 2009

Nuebot posted:

The reddit tears would make it all worth it. And I would still spend all my tickets and lapis for her.

deathbagel
Jun 10, 2008

Servaetes posted:

So different comment here but how much stronger is Fina over Exdeath any who? Like, if significantly so I'll probably throw some tickets.

She's like ExDeath + AoE Atk/Def break, immunity to silence/paralyze/petrify, auto MP recovery, magical counter, ultima instead of Meteor and has the off elements instead of fire/ice. Oh, and she can wear all the normal mage gear.

Pokemaster #421
Jul 14, 2005

For a swift one at the wrist, down on the old main drag.

jetz0r posted:

Ariana Grande presents FFBE: Don't smush Zidanes, An Ariana Grande Collaboration

Haha nice. Under the normal run of things I wouldn't think of it but since I'm sitting on 4 of them and it will probably take me close to a year if not more to get all of them maxed I figured it's worth the sacrifice of one of them to finally get a dual wield going in the next couple weeks. I don't forsee me getting to tm macroing anytime soon and I sure as poo poo don't have the patience to grind up 4 of them manually. Also I figure 3 dual wields should be pretty good coverage at the end of the day.

Normally I'd totally agree with you though!

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

deathbagel posted:

She's like ExDeath + AoE Atk/Def break, immunity to silence/paralyze/petrify, auto MP recovery, magical counter, ultima instead of Meteor and has the off elements instead of fire/ice. Oh, and she can wear all the normal mage gear.

Her TM is also idiotic, it's like 30% MAG to people using Rods and 20% MAG to people wearing Robes. I dunno if she's worth whaling for tho, she's very good but I feel you'd rather have a strong physical 5* over a strong 5* mage.

deathbagel
Jun 10, 2008

Dias posted:

Her TM is also idiotic, it's like 30% MAG to people using Rods and 20% MAG to people wearing Robes. I dunno if she's worth whaling for tho, she's very good but I feel you'd rather have a strong physical 5* over a strong 5* mage.

Yea, if you don't have ExDeath, then pulling for her hard is definitely reasonable. If you have an ExDeath or 5 like some of us, don't throw too many tickets at her. Save them for Grande Burrito Supreme or, if they ever release him to us, TG Cid.

Garth_Marenghi
Nov 7, 2011

deathbagel posted:

Is a single Ultima better than double casting Meteor though?

Infected
Oct 17, 2012

Salt Incarnate

deathbagel posted:

She also eventually gets an enhancement for Ultima that makes it cheaper and more powerful.

Langolas
Feb 12, 2011

My mustache makes me sexy, not the hat

Everyone

:pull:

for

Grande

MAKE GRANDE GREAT AGAIN!!!!!!!!

PS if you guys really want you just need to get in on Hardbody and I's ticket bets we are making on Discord. :getin:

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Fisting Tent posted:

Ultima is a black magic and she has double black.

Infected posted:

She also eventually gets an enhancement for Ultima that makes it cheaper and more powerful.

It hits for the same, only it adds more hits and makes it ignore more m.defense. The biggest thing is that the extra hits makes it chain with itself.

deathbagel
Jun 10, 2008

Fisting Tent posted:

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Ultima is a black magic and she has double black.

It hits for the same, only it adds more hits and makes it ignore more m.defense. The biggest thing is that the extra hits makes it chain with itself.

Yep, she gets double black magic too, and can dual-Ultima.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

deathbagel posted:

Yep, she gets double black magic too, and can dual-Ultima.

Here's the breakdown from Reddit. TLDR is she's a better ExDeath but not worth whaling for.
https://m.reddit.com/r/FFBraveExvius/comments/5m54m3/should_you_pull_dark_fina_revealed_banner_jan_6/

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe
Popup wasted a days worth of TM Grinding.

Gonna see that crop up somewhere on reddit in some flame thread.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
Doublehand VS Dualwield oh god my brain

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe

MrLonghair posted:

Dual wield.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

MrLonghair posted:

99.9% of time its dualwield. The only characters that benefit from double hand are Garland, Hunter Rain and Hunter Laswell (and hunter sakura too but she sucks)

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Cao Ni Ma posted:

99.9% of time its dualwield.

Unless you're playing the JP version, because you can stack them there, right?

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Cartoon Man posted:

Here's the breakdown from Reddit. TLDR is she's a better ExDeath but not worth whaling for.
https://m.reddit.com/r/FFBraveExvius/comments/5m54m3/should_you_pull_dark_fina_revealed_banner_jan_6/

That post seems kind of dumb, though. "She's the best mage and this is the second best healer but lol I have refia so no one should pull"

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Kheldarn posted:

Unless you're playing the JP version, because you can stack them there, right?

Even then you wouldn't use it on any character that already didnt gain benefits from dual hand.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Nuebot posted:

That post seems kind of dumb, though. "She's the best mage and this is the second best healer but lol I have refia so no one should pull"

When you have a Refia and an ExDeath or five, and Orlando is just around the corner...he makes a good point. I plan to 1/2 pull but if I was a strict F2P player, I'd skip this banner and wait for something better.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Cartoon Man posted:

When you have a Refia and an ExDeath or five, and Orlando is just around the corner...he makes a good point. I plan to 1/2 pull but if I was a strict F2P player, I'd skip this banner and wait for something better.

But he might not be, we're getting an ariana event first. It just seems weird to tell someone to skip something because you had good luck with rolls. Especially given how hard everyone was hyping up Dark Fina not long ago at all.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Nuebot posted:

But he might not be, we're getting an ariana event first. It just seems weird to tell someone to skip something because you had good luck with rolls. Especially given how hard everyone was hyping up Dark Fina not long ago at all.

Doesn't change the fact that if you already have a team stacked of exdeaths then you really shouldn't whale on dark Fina. Exdeath gets his enhancements and he'll do almost as much damage than her but if he gets his killers activated then he'll easily out damage her. The advantage of dark fina is entirely on the enhanced ultima chaining with itself, so not only will you have to get multiple dark finas, but also spend millions of gil to enhance ultima for each of them to actually start chaining them.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Doesn't change the fact that if you already have a team stacked of exdeaths then you really shouldn't whale on dark Fina. Exdeath gets his enhancements and he'll do almost as much damage than her but if he gets his killers activated then he'll easily out damage her. The advantage of dark fina is entirely on the enhanced ultima chaining with itself, so not only will you have to get multiple dark finas, but also spend millions of gil to enhance ultima for each of them to actually start chaining them.

:shepface: but not everyone has a team of maxed out exdeaths. Not everyone has a refia. Do you not see why it's kind of strange to go "this banner is poo poo, don't roll" right after calling these characters the best or second best?

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008
Nuebot's got a good point. Though, to the credit of the OP of that post, he does point out that Luka is a good healer but yea, his overall "don't pull" recommendation is certainly driven by the fact that *he* has a Refia and/or Exdeath.

Victis
Mar 26, 2008

Nuebot posted:

:shepface: but not everyone has a team of maxed out exdeaths. Not everyone has a refia. Do you not see why it's kind of strange to go "this banner is poo poo, don't roll" right after calling these characters the best or second best?

Are you really that dense? There's nothing in that banner besides Fina.

Victis fucked around with this message at 01:22 on Jan 6, 2017

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

dangerous.hotdog posted:

Nuebot's got a good point. Though, to the credit of the OP of that post, he does point out that Luka is a good healer but yea, his overall "don't pull" recommendation is certainly driven by the fact that *he* has a Refia and/or Exdeath.

I'd say that the conditions for it to be genuinely worth it to pull on this banner outside of dailies are so niche that its really not worth spending tickets, 11 pulling and such for it.

1) You have to be building a magic based team and not have the treeman himself to blow things up already (If you are a whale, chances are you already have a forest from going after Noctis and Lightning)
2)You dont already have a healer that can hold you over till Yshtola comes out (which is free and will take Luka's spot the moment you get her)
3)You have to hope that whatever Gumi is planning with Grand Arian doesn't invalidate your pulls
4)You accept that in a very short amount time either Rem comes out which can out damage and out heal Luka super easily (base 5* though), or we get Tilith 6* which is a limited unit and the supreme goddess of healing herself (Base 4* and if you are going to whale for a healer here she is).
5)You accept that Gumi is going to be releasing other magical classes that are just as good as dark fina (Trance Terra and Emperor) without needing enhancements to get there and its a big unknown whether their enhancements push them over her.

If you are playing the really long game and are planning on whaling for Orlando and Agrias is also on the banner then you'll just stack a team full of them anyways to chain holy explosions.

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008
True that (all of it). We also already have a good selection of decent healers right now so the likelihood of someone having nothing better than a Fina is a pretty rare case.

And Grand Arian, lmfao.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Servaetes posted:

Pretty sure a lot of people despised Squall too but I didn't play 8. Told Laguna (?) should have been the hero

He was... sort of. Laguna was certainly more anime leading man type instead of the brooding guy who eventually loosens up after people are sure he's a brooding rear end in a top hat and therefore never need to revisit their position Squall.

jetz0r posted:

Ariana Grande presents FFBE: Don't smush Zidanes, An Ariana Grande Collaboration

Are we gonna do this or not, Mods?

Nuebot posted:

Or this. Someone do something!

Nuebot posted:

Seems about right, though.

Victis posted:

Are you really that dense? There's nothing in that banner besides Fina.

:what:

Evil Fluffy posted:

Songs about loving aren't new.

Sure, but that's not really the point other people are trying to make, though, it's more about ideological purity in art.

So, you know, whatevs. I'mma still draw.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard fucked around with this message at 01:45 on Jan 6, 2017

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Squall was Gackt as well.

You know who else was Gackt? We've already touched on Squall being Gackt, but did you know that he was also Cloud, Tidus, and half of FFXV's playable cast?

Nomura may be in minor need of an intervention.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

KataraniSword posted:

You know who else was Gackt? We've already touched on Squall being Gackt, but did you know that he was also Cloud, Tidus, and half of FFXV's playable cast?

Nomura may be in minor need of an intervention.

Or he just may need to give up and finally release the Gackt waifu sim he really wants to make.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
This is all a lead up to 6* base Gackt.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Even then you wouldn't use it on any character that already didnt gain benefits from dual hand.

Unless you have 3 Butz and 0 Zidanes. :sigh:

turnways
Jun 22, 2004

Before it disappears, is the Yuletide bundle worth grabbing for future banner tickets or is it expensive trash? Probably not gonna burn anything from it on the current bundles; just started out doing F2P and already got a Refia, Firion, Santa Roselia, CoD, and Cecil (all 3-4*, didn't hear about rerolling to nab a 5* starting out until it was too late) and figure that'll do me for a while.

turnways fucked around with this message at 05:51 on Jan 6, 2017

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Ariana Venti drops on the 19th, according to the Facebook page.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

I'm gonna pull on this banner and y'all can be jealous when I pull the best Exvius Original Character waifu: Charlotte #15 :frog:

• Locked thread