Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kuroyama
Sep 15, 2012
no fucking Anime in GiP

Lazy Reservist posted:

Needs to be modified to "if you see someone, remember not to rape them."

That was the topic slide for this brief. Now they're just breaking it down.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

Mario wasn't sure if this Jeb guy was a good influence on Yoshi.

It's like a Dr. Seuss book of don't rape people.

Oh gently caress don't let the officers see this.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

Steezo
Jun 16, 2003
Now go away, or I shall taunt you a second time!

How much you want to bet those were just used to remotely slap people. Like how my old section chief used to remotely correct the recorder when his count was off, via long range turtlefuck.

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

My office just uses the SHARP manual as a badge of shame/honor for whoever told the most off-color joke recently.

Helldump Immunity
Sep 11, 2001

pretty much rollin with the dad farm these days

Would have been better if it was sesh lube.

Wild T
Dec 15, 2008

The point I'm trying to make is that the only way to come out on top is to kick the Air Force in the nuts, beart it savagely with a weight and take a dump on it's face.
It's been long enough and I'm a few tours removed from getting a retributional rear end pounding, so how bout some FGO fuckups that went hilariously Air Force?

I'm chilling in a cake job at a TACP group headquarters in Europe. One of our units in Italy gets deactivated (note: said unit was attached to the 173 ABCT, of the hilarious Colonel divorce forgery and Iraqi mistress debacle). Unit decides they're shutting down and pitches literally tens of thousands in accountable items into whatever dumpsters (or homes) they can find, leadership writes themselves MSMs and they all leave. I get to watch a Colonel, two SSgt Resource Advisors and two SSgt supply dudes spend literally the next two and a half years scrambling everything they can do because, hey, we can't let an officer go to jail over this.

Right as I'm leaving, our Colonel (a solid dude) is retiring to go fly for the FAA. He gets ready to turn over all of his ongoing Reports of Survey for the massive amount of lost/stolen gear that this unit had on their books to the incoming commander... Who happens to be the guy who used to run the unit in question, who is now fast tracking for O-6.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Wild T posted:

It's been long enough and I'm a few tours removed from getting a retributional rear end pounding, so how bout some FGO fuckups that went hilariously Air Force?

I'm chilling in a cake job at a TACP group headquarters in Europe. One of our units in Italy gets deactivated (note: said unit was attached to the 173 ABCT, of the hilarious Colonel divorce forgery and Iraqi mistress debacle). Unit decides they're shutting down and pitches literally tens of thousands in accountable items into whatever dumpsters (or homes) they can find, leadership writes themselves MSMs and they all leave. I get to watch a Colonel, two SSgt Resource Advisors and two SSgt supply dudes spend literally the next two and a half years scrambling everything they can do because, hey, we can't let an officer go to jail over this.

Right as I'm leaving, our Colonel (a solid dude) is retiring to go fly for the FAA. He gets ready to turn over all of his ongoing Reports of Survey for the massive amount of lost/stolen gear that this unit had on their books to the incoming commander... Who happens to be the guy who used to run the unit in question, who is now fast tracking for O-6.

So what actually happened?

Wild T
Dec 15, 2008

The point I'm trying to make is that the only way to come out on top is to kick the Air Force in the nuts, beart it savagely with a weight and take a dump on it's face.
I left shortly before the new commander got in, but from friends that I had there, he swept it all right under the rug and made sure he came out blameless.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Friends in the right places.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

Wild T posted:

I left shortly before the new commander got in, but from friends that I had there, he swept it all right under the rug and made sure he came out blameless.

Checks out.

Sax Offender
Sep 9, 2007

College Slice

Wild T posted:

I guess I should actually sign up for ACSC so I can start to learn this caliber of leadership.

Kuroyama
Sep 15, 2012
no fucking Anime in GiP

Derek Dominoe posted:

I guess I should actually sign up for ACSC so I can start to learn this caliber of leadership.

I guess I'll be glad I got out and don't have to put up with that bullshit anymore.

celewign
Jul 11, 2015

just get us in the playoffs
So I'm ETSing fellas. Feb 8th. Already signed a job offer for 90k. Was pretty hard set on re upping but then I got placed as a buck SGT under the worst piece of toxic poo poo SSG on the planet. As a hilarious ironic twist my SSG is also the reenlistment nco for the unit.

What hurts is my 1sg, a person I respect almost as much as my dad and has always supported me is now vindictive and angry at me for not reenlisting. He's very gung ho about the army and worked hard to get me the contract I wanted including a reclass to an MOS I wanted. Only thing he wouldn't do is get me away from the toxic leader. It's amazing what one toxic leader can do damage wise. Our unit is losing a lot of really highly qualified soldiers just because of this piece of poo poo NCO.

Also lol bitter angry 1sg downgraded my ets award from arcom to an aam. I was pretty sad about this but now I just don't loving care anymore.

gently caress this army. I went from hooah to f this army in 4 months because of one lovely leader.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Disappointing mentors feels terrible, but you have to do what's best for you. 90k is like Colonel pay, isn't it?

Gumbel2Gumbel fucked around with this message at 05:12 on Jan 9, 2017

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
You know what an AAM matters when you go on terminal?

The same as nearly every other award. Nothhiiiiiing because you're freeeeeee bitchezzzzz.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

At least you got an ETS award

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Staple the award to your boots then fling them over the power lines on your way out.

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones

Soulex posted:

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!

Soulex posted:

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Soulex posted:

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

celewign posted:

Also lol bitter angry 1sg downgraded my ets award from arcom to an aam

i swear to you that this matters exactly diddly squat and you can laugh at him forever for grabbing his toys and stomping home bc you want a better life

Calvin Johnson Jr.
Dec 8, 2009
I just told Siri to set an alarm for every 5 minutes to remind me not to rape anyone.

May need to recalibrate to 3, not sure.

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]
No employer will ever care what awards you got

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

my reward for getting out was a demotion, be happy he isn't THAT vindictive. Joke's on them because I already got a good conduct medal only two months prior :smug:

I think at one point they told people to not ever express a happy emotion about getting out, and I am not exaggerating that much. One guy got yelled at for talking about how happy he was to get out. MORALE!!!

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Ice Cream Barbara posted:

"Thank you for your service!" they'll say as they toss your resume in the trash

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Ice Cream Barbara posted:

How are they going to know I exhibit good conduct?

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

i better put down the expert grenade badge i got in basic

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

i better put down the expert grenade badge i got in basic
Are you going to work for the post office?

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

shows im responsible with great power

Professor Bling
Nov 12, 2008

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
glad they gave me that gwot medal for having to hear a chick use an inhaler mid-coitus

dli: not even once

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

shows im responsible with great power

I'm sorry, but with great power they want great responsibility.

Ceiling fan
Dec 26, 2003

I really like ceilings.
Dead Man’s Band

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

"Thank you for your service!" they'll say as they toss your resume in the trash

The guy who hired me only knew that veterans must be hot poo poo. He didn't know that my not getting a medal before my PCS to my turned out to be final duty station and my separation is a thing.

Man, back in the day (Jan 20, 2017) veteran's preference was pretty sweet.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
Dear national guard soldier:

I know you've spent Thanksgiving through new year's with your families, please be ready to do a demobilization ceremony two months post facto.

Also, for the bulk of our soldiers in Las Vegas, the party city of the world; please gently caress yourselves and travel to Reno in this van we've provided you, and if your family wants to attend this ceremony, please have them spend their own money to do so.

Seriously why are we doing this? I have to stay in a poo poo hole national guard barracks in loving Reno to demob TWO MONTHS AFTER WE'VE ALREADY BEEN AT HOME.

It's also bullshit I have to shave and wear a loving monkey suit during my 90 days

Wasabi the J fucked around with this message at 07:55 on Jan 9, 2017

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Why Reno? HQ is in Carson. They have an indoor basketball court/multipurpose room that would be at home in any junior high and would certainly work for whatever ceremony this is.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Godholio posted:

Why Reno? HQ is in Carson. They have an indoor basketball court/multipurpose room that would be at home in any junior high and would certainly work for whatever ceremony this is.

Why at all? We've been home since Thanksgiving. Like, at home with our families.

Who is this for?

Just let me day drink through yellow ribbon, get a thousand Military One Source branded items, and just Google how to use any post deployment benefits later. They're turning Yellow Ribbon into an all state dog and pony show.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Those would be completely valid questions outside the military.

celewign
Jul 11, 2015

just get us in the playoffs

not caring here posted:

You know what an AAM matters when you go on terminal?

The same as nearly every other award. Nothhiiiiiing because you're freeeeeee bitchezzzzz.

Yeah the award is meaningless but it hurts that my mentor is trying to smack me around.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

celewign posted:

Yeah the award is meaningless but it hurts that my mentor is trying to smack me around.

I hope you've learned a valuable lesson about army values especially loyalty it doesn't exist

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sax Offender
Sep 9, 2007

College Slice

Calvin Johnson Jr. posted:

I just told Siri to set an alarm for every 5 minutes to remind me not to rape anyone.

May need to recalibrate to 3, not sure.

You're up to 3 min? Sock practice is paying off!