Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Oh, the network slogan is true -- "watch FOX and be damned for all eternity!"

Ynglaur posted:

Ullerm: your RLML Gnosis fit doesn't get any hull damage bonuses. Does that make it less attractive?

Correct, it does not. On the upside, RLMLs are still good enough that they're still worth using. You do roughly the same DPS with Fury missiles as you would with faction HAMs, with better application. :( The reloads are a bitch, but eh, you've got an active tank.

If you want to avoid reloads at the cost of worse application to destroyers/frigates, you have the grid/CPU to run HAMs instead. (I want to say that Globby got a ton of kills with HAM Gnosises in highsec, actually, so it might be a good idea.)

I mean, poo poo, Drakes don't get any bonuses to RLMLs either, but it's still the standard launcher for them these days. Caracals only get a ROF bonus, not damage, but I can't remember the last time I saw a HAM or HML Caracal solo. Nobody wants to lose the ability to pick off frigates/destroyers. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

eonwe posted:

watching lots of animes.

ew

FranktheBank
May 14, 2007
In the beginning...the universe was created. his has been widely regarded as a bad move and has made a lot of people very angry.

Multilake posted:

I need to fly Stratios more often! It is so gorgeous how well it performs the hunting task and liks awesome while doing it. I tend to bling them quite a bit, so it's always a money drainer. I do like Hull Brutix, if you want to go full manmode and just brawl like a boss. Only thing you really have to worry about are kiters, so if you fit a MJD it should be fine. Never flown the raven actually, always thought that it does underperform against the other bs

I have to constantly resist the urge to bling my strat. I run a pretty cheap fit (300-350m) but it isnt great for some engagements because I run a point instead of a scram. If I went faction scram and web... and neuts... hot drat. But I think I would just end up dying the same poo poo I do now, which is getting bored of empty null jumps and whelping into a gang because gently caress 50+ empty jumps home.

Raven isnt amazing compared to the gallente ships, but its SUPER engagable. People run from a domi/hyperion because they already know exactly what it does. Raven is like, "what the f does this thing do again? We ca probably fight that..."

I really want to try some Gnosis next. Probably Ion blasters/dual rep.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

Worlds Smuggest posted:

warp safe's for every gate, station, pos, and dead spots in every solar system in the entire regional operating theater you have your poo poo in adds up.

I remember doing that for Fade a long time ago and a few constellations in Fountain, then I realized I was barely using ny of them. It was more a matter of "that's what people do" so I did it too.
Then again i don't pvp much on my own and usually just join fleets for what i often know will end up tidi shitfest. I trust the FC to have those so I don't have to.

1 out of every 1000 anime series created is actually good.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
that's a vast overestimation

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Dalael posted:

I don't understand how you guys can have/need so many bookmarks. Maybe I just don't play enough to rack up such a large number.

Bookmarks are life in wormholes

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

that's a vast overestimation

Probably yes. I remember lots of good anime in the 80's and 90's but after that, mostly everything was poo poo.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

anime is good

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014

eonwe posted:

anime is good

Trigun was one of my favorite.

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

The Malta Conference, anyone?

ullerrm posted:

Correct, it does not. On the upside, RLMLs are still good enough that they're still worth using. You do roughly the same DPS with Fury missiles as you would with faction HAMs, with better application. :( The reloads are a bitch, but eh, you've got an active tank.

If you want to avoid reloads at the cost of worse application to destroyers/frigates, you have the grid/CPU to run HAMs instead. (I want to say that Globby got a ton of kills with HAM Gnosises in highsec, actually, so it might be a good idea.)

I mean, poo poo, Drakes don't get any bonuses to RLMLs either, but it's still the standard launcher for them these days. Caracals only get a ROF bonus, not damage, but I can't remember the last time I saw a HAM or HML Caracal solo. Nobody wants to lose the ability to pick off frigates/destroyers. :(

Do any rigs extend Warp Disruptor range? If so, putting that a Gnosis might be interesting. (I'm bad at fitting, obviously.)

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Ynglaur posted:

Do any rigs extend Warp Disruptor range? If so, putting that a Gnosis might be interesting. (I'm bad at fitting, obviously.)

Nope, otherwise the garmur would be even more cancer

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Matter of fact, I'm salty now.

eonwe posted:

anime is good

:agreed:

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week
RLMLs being super light on fitting is also a big part of their popularity. A lot of rapid jesus fits don't need to make any compromises on tank or spend any slots on fitting mods or ACR rigs.

Ynglaur posted:

Nope. They'd be ridiculously good if there were, even if it was just like 10% or something.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

You know who else liked anime?

That's right. Hitler.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

CainFortea posted:

You know who else liked anime?

That's right. Hitler.

thank you potato_senpai for this thought provoking image

Keegers
Aug 11, 2014

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Magic Rabbit Hat
Nov 4, 2006

Just follow along if you don't wanna get neutered.
Oh nooooo

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Videogames literally ban for anime TIA

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

At night, Bavovnyatko quietly comes to the occupiers’ bases, depots, airfields, oil refineries and other places full of flammable items and starts playing with fire there
Yet to see an anime as well drawn as a Fred Quimby Tom and Jerry cartoon.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Carth Dookie posted:

Says the person with the puntl.

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Matter of fact, I'm salty now.

Carth Dookie posted:

ban for ure posting

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Man what is this fuckin Taranis fit

https://zkillboard.com/kill/58921422/

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

ullerrm posted:

Man what is this fuckin Taranis fit

https://zkillboard.com/kill/58921422/

I'm absolutely poo poo at fitting Gal ships, but... mixed active armor/hull buffer kiting ship? I mean... it sort of makes twisted sense? Gives you enough time to reload your AAR?

I dunno.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

iospace posted:

Says the person with the puntl.

It's part of goon gold thread history and I apologise for nothing. Your jealousy is pitiable.

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Okay apparently it is Poorly Fit Brawling Interceptors Night in Catch

https://zkillboard.com/related/30001220/201701060600/

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

So question, how worth is it to get Fighters V and T2 fighters in general? I mean for support, not that much I'm guessing, but for the light fighters is T2 worth the extra nearly two months* of training?

*Assuming no implants or remaps.

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

iospace posted:

So question, how worth is it to get Fighters V and T2 fighters in general? I mean for support, not that much I'm guessing, but for the light fighters is T2 worth the extra nearly two months* of training?

It doesn't make a huge difference in DPS dealt by those fighters (maybe 10% more damage), but it makes a substantial difference in fighter durability. T1 fighters have 0 resists across the board; T2 fighters get slightly higher HP and some resists. Support fighters also tend to orbit farther away, meaning they're less likely to get shredded by smartbombs.

As an example, assuming good drone skills and being launched from a Nidhoggur:

Siren I: 12655 shield HP, zero resists, tries to orbit at 8km, 10.5 sensor strength
Siren II: 12957 shield HP, 0/15/30/0 resists, tries to orbit at 10km, 12 sensor strength

If you have more important stuff to train, go do that first, but I wouldn't leave it on the table. I'm actually about to start training it on Nam.

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax

ullerrm posted:

that claw isn't.... completely terrible?

also it kind of still amazes me that people slap polycarbs in spare rig slots. i did it at first because fitting is just cargo culting until you get the hang of the game but the second i found out what hyperspatials were i never bought a single polycarb

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

iospace posted:

*Assuming no implants or remaps.

It's worth it. +10% DPS and +20% EHP between T1 and T2.

vulvamancer
Oct 2, 2006

Yes! It all makes sense! We may be freaks, but we're freaks with teeth, and claws, and magic wands! And together, we can stand up to Farquaad!

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

what is even the point of a "chill" thread

I've never read it.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE

ullerrm posted:

eve loving sucks, the only thing that matters is highsec because all of nullsec is essentially consensual pvp. The only kills you get are people who don't know better, or are so content starved that they will literally suicide into you just to have that 24 seconds of pvp action.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE
holy poo poo thanks for my avatar back i take back everything i said about this game and its players

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

This is what meat is supposed to be like, dingus

ullerrm posted:

It doesn't make a huge difference in DPS dealt by those fighters (maybe 10% more damage), but it makes a substantial difference in fighter durability. T1 fighters have 0 resists across the board; T2 fighters get slightly higher HP and some resists. Support fighters also tend to orbit farther away, meaning they're less likely to get shredded by smartbombs.

As an example, assuming good drone skills and being launched from a Nidhoggur:

Siren I: 12655 shield HP, zero resists, tries to orbit at 8km, 10.5 sensor strength
Siren II: 12957 shield HP, 0/15/30/0 resists, tries to orbit at 10km, 12 sensor strength

If you have more important stuff to train, go do that first, but I wouldn't leave it on the table. I'm actually about to start training it on Nam.

Has the price on fighters dropped?

Price used to be a major point against T2 fighters but now a full set of T2s is about 400 million as opposed to a full set of T1s around 200 million. I could have sworn a full set of T2s was around a billion even?

1001 Arabian dicks posted:

holy poo poo thanks for my avatar back i take back everything i said about this game and its players

It's a good tar.

Zephyrine fucked around with this message at 10:48 on Jan 6, 2017

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
I support nite crew also getting my avatar back free of charage

Despera fucked around with this message at 11:06 on Jan 6, 2017

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
gently caress off

working mom
Jul 8, 2015

eve loving sucks, the only thing that matters is highsec because all of nullsec is essentially consensual pvp. The only kills you get are people who don't know better, or are so content starved that they will literally suicide into you just to have that 24 seconds of pvp action.

I can't tell if the 24 seconds of suicidal pvp was an intentional joke or not

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

No problem! :D I was feeling christmassy.

KaoliniteMilkshake
Jul 9, 2010

nigga crab pollock posted:

that claw isn't.... completely terrible?

also it kind of still amazes me that people slap polycarbs in spare rig slots. i did it at first because fitting is just cargo culting until you get the hang of the game but the second i found out what hyperspatials were i never bought a single polycarb

People are stuck in a time before hyperspatials were worth a drat, when warp speeds were 'get hosed, accel/decel in out of warp makes this not matter'

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Multilake
Dec 11, 2016

If you're in a jam, a crayon scrunched under your nose makes a good pretend moustache.

FranktheBank posted:

I have to constantly resist the urge to bling my strat. I run a pretty cheap fit (300-350m) but it isnt great for some engagements because I run a point instead of a scram. If I went faction scram and web... and neuts... hot drat. But I think I would just end up dying the same poo poo I do now, which is getting bored of empty null jumps and whelping into a gang because gently caress 50+ empty jumps home.

Raven isnt amazing compared to the gallente ships, but its SUPER engagable. People run from a domi/hyperion because they already know exactly what it does. Raven is like, "what the f does this thing do again? We ca probably fight that..."

I really want to try some Gnosis next. Probably Ion blasters/dual rep.

I feel you boredom-wise! Thats the reason I'm trying out FW space. I'm only two days in right now and have killed mostly frigates (one hookbill in my tormentor, which was a gf) and it feels really nice without OGB's. I need to undock in bigger ships, I've no clue how FW is for cruisers and up, but I'm keen on doing so.
Engageability is a really good point there, I tend to fly underrated ships myself to trick some people into fights. Never thought about the raven tho, can you recommend me any fittings?

• Locked thread