Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
Nice. My last ticket pull for this banner was... Edgelord.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skyridge
Jan 1, 2011

Am I the only one who wants Dark Fina because I think she looks cool? Also she's pretty much the only character in the story so far I like because she's willing to call it Rain being an idiot.

aherdofpenguins
Mar 18, 2006

I'm going through the story right now and it just seemed to stop after Volcanic Grounds. How do I get to the next story point? I, of course, stupidly didn't watch the cutscene so I'm assuming the answer was in there :(

edit: apparently that's all that was released, so nevermind!

aherdofpenguins fucked around with this message at 11:00 on Jan 6, 2017

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

turnways posted:

Before it disappears, is the Yuletide bundle worth grabbing for future banner tickets or is it expensive trash? Probably not gonna burn anything from it on the current bundles; just started out doing F2P and already got a Refia, Firion, Santa Roselia, CoD, and Cecil (all 3-4*, didn't hear about rerolling to nab a 5* starting out until it was too late) and figure that'll do me for a while.

Everything I saw said that was a good bundle, esp if you got it on discount through amazon.

Scrublord Prime posted:

I'm gonna pull on this banner and y'all can be jealous when I pull the best Exvius Original Character waifu: Charlotte #15 :frog:

After my new years double Charlotte pull, today my daily pull paid off with a Bedile................!

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

That's a hell of a bundle, 2000 lapis for:
20 Calamity Gem
10 Calamity Writ
10 Rainbow Bloom
5 Prismatic Horn
5 Divine Drystal
3x 20 Gigantaurs

Are those Dark Fina's exact materials for awakening to 6*?

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
On the other hand we just had an event that gave us like 50 gigantaurs and I've had so many 6* mats from the past few farming events that I'm pretty much set for everything except calamity writs, of which I still have 20 :shrug:. Not worth lapis at all, I think.

EDIT: I got Luka. Then I got Snow, Fang and a bunch of Elle from using tickets :negative: at least I finally have a decent healer I guess. Once I level this lady up I can toss Rosa in the bin.

Nuebot fucked around with this message at 09:30 on Jan 6, 2017

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Nuebot posted:

On the other hand we just had an event that gave us like 50 gigantaurs and I've had so many 6* mats from the past few farming events that I'm pretty much set for everything except calamity writs, of which I still have 20 :shrug:. Not worth lapis at all, I think.

I only have 7 of those gigantaurs left. That bundle doesn't seem like something I'd buy, but it basically buys the 5* to 6* for her, doesn't it?

Daily pulled my first Zidane off the Dark Fina banner, get in my TMR farming squad.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

i didnt daily pull during the entire last banner and decided to do one today for old times sake. 4* gently caress yeah!!!! 4* vivi

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
So, uh, don't follow my example and burst Fina down below 30-40% in a single turn. She will absolutely go bananas and kill everybody on your team with threshold triggers through a Cecil limit break and Carbuncle.

Except Refia. Refia gives no fucks.

I'll try ELT a little bit slower again sometime later.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
I kinda just facetanked this entire event with my CoD/Refia/Cecil/Luneth/WoL team. Now I see the true power of DC Refia.

(You need at least one off-healer, Esuna will get some play)

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

AegisP posted:

So, uh, don't follow my example and burst Fina down below 30-40% in a single turn. She will absolutely go bananas and kill everybody on your team with threshold triggers through a Cecil limit break and Carbuncle.

Except Refia. Refia gives no fucks.

I'll try ELT a little bit slower again sometime later.

According to the wiki, World of Darkness is explicitly a nuke set to go off if anybody is reflected.

So don't use Carbuncle.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
gently caress the crashiness of the event.

Tiger Millionaire
Jan 25, 2014

He'll eat your kids and fire your parents!
The whip was obviously made for dark fina in mind but can any other decent mages make use of it?

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Tiger Millionaire posted:

The whip was obviously made for dark fina in mind but can any other decent mages make use of it?

Rydia?

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Dark Fina smoked me. ExDeath is worthless. COD mandatory for omniveil. Full Breaker extremely useful. Dualcast Refia extremely useful, and I will be switching my friend unit to her. I wouldn't mind some goons putting up their dual wield COD's either.

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!
Decided to try an 11 pull since I don't have a good mage character. Got an ExDeath and a Dark Fina so yay for me.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
Celes Sealing Blade works on Dark Fina, in case someone has a kitted out Celes but not a DW CoD. Might want to consider Bartz for clever LB-filling utility especially if you've got Noctis.

I can do non-DW Noct or kickass Krile healer for a companion unit best, the way things are. People already have their dualcast healers internally I suppose?
*5 WoL or Vaan for other options.

Ghosts n Gopniks fucked around with this message at 14:46 on Jan 6, 2017

Voodoo
Jun 3, 2003

m2sbr what
Huh, I can't trigger the ADV Aquapolis boss fight or even exit the final screen. Tried exiting the screen and coming back, but beyond that, quit and restart I guess. Thanks Gumi.

edit: I guess I missed the sparkle near the last chest to trigger the memory - whoops!

Voodoo fucked around with this message at 14:56 on Jan 6, 2017

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
I went from 0 Terras to 3. She's my favorite FF character but I can't really use her sadly, not until 6* and Trance Terra come out. I guess they'll just sit around until all I can do is try to TM farm 3 Ultimas.

Out of 10 pulls I only got 1 Elle. Everything else was off banner.
So, I have 4 Bartz now, can I fuse the 4th one with my main Bartz? I can't imagine I'll ever field them all nor can I imagine needing more than 3 Doublehands.
Last question: I pulled an extra Tellah. I have a lot of better mages, so in the interest of unit space, is it ok to fuse the two I have together? There are a lot better TMs than MP30% to have, especially with how common MP boosts are to other TMs in the first place.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Got lucky and cleared Fina. I had 200 HP left on a noctis whale friend and his warp break barely came through for the kill. This event is close the being the toughest fight in the game, but I still think the Golbez fight with the AOE death wins.

Skyridge
Jan 1, 2011

Would people like my almost-optimal Dualcast Refia up or my rather unimpressive dual-weilding Cloud of Darkness?

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
All the people with dual-wield CoDs make me sad. I only just recently started being able to get Moogles, Zidane's at maybe 40% if I feed him all of mine.

Shingouryu
Feb 15, 2012
Managed to get my Moogle thanks to Dana's ridiculous Noctis. Her final magic barrage killed everyone in my party except Noel who, while useful for drawing flares, can't do crap for damage to her and Dana who had a couple 100 HP to spare. One warp break later and I have my moogle. Thanks Dana!

Skyridge
Jan 1, 2011

Also, daily pull and 8 tickets got me...

Three Elles
Two 4* Lanis
a 3* Lani

and some other stuff. What the hell.

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less

Shingouryu posted:

Managed to get my Moogle thanks to Dana's ridiculous Noctis. Her final magic barrage killed everyone in my party except Noel who, while useful for drawing flares, can't do crap for damage to her and Dana who had a couple 100 HP to spare. One warp break later and I have my moogle. Thanks Dana!

Hooray! You are welcome, glad to hear people are still getting mileage out of my friend unit.

CyberLord XP
Oct 18, 2005

Goldie...She says her name is Goldie
Managed to Kill ELT. Are there any 6* full breakers yet? I brought Agrias as a breaker and 5* units do not do well in the Fina fight. Can't wait until WoL gets his 6*.

EDIT: Pretty sure I won with Dana's Noctis as well. He's so insane on damage an has great staying power for long explorations. Gross.

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001
Dunked on ELT Fina with a two Noctis party, thx only lucky pull I've ever gotten. Also helpful that I looked in advance and knew not to burst her below 50 and 30 at the same time. Ate meteor without trouble and didn't even see Ultima.

Also between my daily pull and some tickets I got Edgar, Maria, and three Elles. I don't even need dark Fina what am I doing

Garth_Marenghi
Nov 7, 2011

deathbagel posted:

Yep, she gets double black magic too, and can dual-Ultima.

I thought Ultima was white magic, I'm not even sure how magic is classed in this game.

Vexrm
Feb 2, 2009

Full of hot raspberry jam blooded passion.
Oh folks want dual wielding CoDs? FINALLY it is my time to shine! Putting stuff on CoD.

cadenza
Dec 25, 2006

integrity
Is there some secret to getting Sacred Crystals that I am missing? I'm pretty new, and I think I've been lucky with the characters I've pulled, but it feels like these are really difficult to get so I have yet to awaken a single unit. I've been running INT awakening chamber as the wiki suggests but I usually end up with 0 of them at the end.

Also, what should I be doing with the little 1-2 star guys I get for friend point summons? Presumably some of them have good TMRs that I can unlock by feeding duplicates, but they are just taking up space and I don't know if it is wise for me to spend a bunch of gems on upgrading my unit slots. I guess I'll have to do that eventually so maybe it's fine to just do it now though.

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!
Dumb question but I'm still pretty new to this: which units should I keep multiples of? Or which TMs are the best?

Shingouryu
Feb 15, 2012

hamsystem posted:

Dumb question but I'm still pretty new to this: which units should I keep multiples of? Or which TMs are the best?

Here's a quick list off the top of my head.

Almost universally useful TMs -
Dual Wield (Zidane)
Dual Cast (Ludmille)

Really useful TMs -
Blade Mastery (Chizuru)
Excalibur (Cecil)
Sakurafubuki (Miyuki)
Rising Sun (Locke, for Cloud of Darkness)
Ribbon (Kefka)
Mag+30% (Shantotto)
Power of Creation (Maxwell, event unit)

Most 5* bases have really good TMs too, but you're unlikely to get multiples.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!
Well that event wasn't terribly difficult. I actually went in prepared this time which helped, although the only real change I made was swapping out Chizuru for Agrias so I'd have a full breaker.

Refia, Agrias, Cecil, CoD, Lightning w someone's 700~ atk Noctis.

Dark Fina hit hard but went down in 3 turns without too much fuss although I was a little light on the damage so the Wyrm devoured Lightning earlier and I mistimed the Esper hit on her so I missed that quest as well.

Nevertheless another moogle into Zidane #3 and he'll be ready by the end of the weekend.

amaranthine
Aug 27, 2009
I AM A TERRIBLE HUMAN BEING
ELT exploration thing was shockingly easy, I was worried when people were saying it was almost as hard as Golbez.

(Cecil/mediocre Lightning/dualcast Refia/decent Exdeath/strong CoD/whale as gently caress Noctis friend)

With all my buffs/debuffs up, she was doing 1500 at most to any given character for the first two turns and then got murdered from like 60% in one go.

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

All sensitivity has long ago atrophied

cadenza posted:

Is there some secret to getting Sacred Crystals that I am missing? I'm pretty new, and I think I've been lucky with the characters I've pulled, but it feels like these are really difficult to get so I have yet to awaken a single unit. I've been running INT awakening chamber as the wiki suggests but I usually end up with 0 of them at the end.

Also, what should I be doing with the little 1-2 star guys I get for friend point summons? Presumably some of them have good TMRs that I can unlock by feeding duplicates, but they are just taking up space and I don't know if it is wise for me to spend a bunch of gems on upgrading my unit slots. I guess I'll have to do that eventually so maybe it's fine to just do it now though.

Keep grinding the vortex.

I awakened 5 units in the last 2 days. At one point I ran out of energy (at 42 currently) and was 9/10 on one unit's sacred stock, so I dumped in some lapis and re-upped, because I had been getting them pretty often

...0/4 drops
...drop another 100 lapis
...on the final attempt, 1 dropped.

The random number generator is not kind, shows no favor and there can be long periods of drought.

I decided to stop pulling friend units earlier this week because it is a bigger pain than I am ready to deal with right now. I need to work on getting levels on my murder squad so I can progress in the story, so my gil right now needs to go to gear and enhancing. I think once I get to a place where I'm smoothly going through the story I can adjust my focus.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

ApplesandOranges posted:

All the people with dual-wield CoDs make me sad. I only just recently started being able to get Moogles, Zidane's at maybe 40% if I feed him all of mine.

all of these people with their zidanes to tm farm make me sad. i only just recently got punched in the head and rear end and have my head and rear end meter at 40%.

MohShuvuu
Aug 26, 2010

I eat ass.
what makes dual wielding cod good for this event? the fact that she has man killers?

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008
That plus Comeback and Omni Veil.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Mankiller+Diabolos' mankiller+her resists. She's basically immune to dark damage that way too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mrit SA
Nov 11, 2016

by Lowtax

MohShuvuu posted:

what makes dual wielding cod good for this event? the fact that she has man killers?

The same thing as literally every event since she got 6*. Insane utility.
Comeback: Aoe esuna
Maneater and Maneater+: Dark Fina is human
Omniveil: Resist all elements 30%
(and not useful in this event, but Aura ball is reduce all atk by 30%, silence all)

An amazing unit that everyone should have at least one at 6*.

Edit: Does anyone know if Omniveil and Bar-ra/ga spells stack?

• Locked thread