Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mallamp
Nov 25, 2009

repiv posted:

1600-odd models, they made separate low-poly models for Pokemon that are following you around outside of battle. The following feature was cut but all the assets for it were left in the game :v:

http://gonintendo.com/stories/269792-pokemon-sun-moon-datamining-leads-to-low-polygon-model-animation
Pokémon Stars feature confirmed. Wonder which useful feature they're going to randomly cut to add that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

mallamp posted:

Pokémon Stars feature confirmed. Wonder which useful feature they're going to randomly cut to add that

The bottom screen

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

greatn posted:

The bottom screen

I'm fine without rubbing fine, small circles into a touchpad. vOv

Olivil
Jul 15, 2010

Wow I'd like to be as smart as a computer
I'm stuck trying to install al9h on my n3ds following the guide. I downgraded to 2.1.0 and now I need to use the browser exploit to start the installation. However my wireless must have been disabled before the downgrade because it is disabled now. Trying to setup my wireless, the system tells me to flick the wireless communication switch (there is none on the n3ds) and since this software version predates the n3ds, the menu has no option to enable back my wireless...

Needless to say I need to have my connection enabled for the browser exploit to work, am I poo poo out of luck??

EDIT: Found the solution, removing the battery and starting the system back will enable the wireless by default.

Olivil fucked around with this message at 20:51 on Jan 3, 2017

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Anyone else have trouble moving their game data to a larger microSD card? Whenever I try to copy the old data to the desktop, Windows stalls out on files like '00000001.app' and I have to skip them. I tried looking it up but all the results are for things like homebrew and ROM dumps. I just want to move it to a bigger card!

TVs Ian
Jun 1, 2000

Such graceful, delicate creatures.

YggiDee posted:

Anyone else have trouble moving their game data to a larger microSD card? Whenever I try to copy the old data to the desktop, Windows stalls out on files like '00000001.app' and I have to skip them. I tried looking it up but all the results are for things like homebrew and ROM dumps. I just want to move it to a bigger card!

Maybe there's some issue with the original SD card.

You could always back up the save data, delete the game, then copy and reinstall the games. It would take longer, but you wouldn't lose anything in the end.

Tiny Chalupa
Feb 14, 2012
I got 40 bucks sitting in my shop, any must have games, or games on sale, i should be looking at? Currently have:

Card pocket jockey
Rune factory 4
Fire emblem: awakening
Phoenix Wright trilogy
Mario kart 7
Mario golf world tour
Monster Hunter generations

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

Fantasy Life would knock that out at once if you're in the market for an unreasonably charming (and actually vaguely competently set up for once) single-player MMO.

Failing that, Gunman Clive, Steamworld anything, Picross anything?

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

Tiny Chalupa posted:

I got 40 bucks sitting in my shop, any must have games, or games on sale, i should be looking at? Currently have:

Card pocket jockey
Rune factory 4
Phoenix Wright trilogy
Mario kart 7
Mario golf world tour

Rhythm heaven of course.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Tiny Chalupa posted:

Card pocket jockey
Rune factory 4
Phoenix Wright trilogy
Mario kart 7
Mario golf world tour

Gotta Protectors.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Chronojam posted:

Rhythm heaven of course.

Seconding. If you have any interest at all in rhythm games then it's a must.

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~

Phone posted:

Gotta Protectors.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW

TVs Ian posted:

Maybe there's some issue with the original SD card.

You could always back up the save data, delete the game, then copy and reinstall the games. It would take longer, but you wouldn't lose anything in the end.

Thanks, this seems to have done the trick. ...Now I just have to reinstall all my games.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Phone posted:

Gotta Protectors.

Tiny Chalupa
Feb 14, 2012
So you guys are saying get "gotta protectors" "rythmn heaven" and shovel knight or steamworld heist?

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Tiny Chalupa posted:

"gotta protectors" "rythmn heaven" and shovel knight

This is a list of three very good games

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Tiny Chalupa posted:

So you guys are saying get "gotta protectors" "rythmn heaven" and shovel knight or steamworld heist?

Yes.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Card Horse

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Tiny Chalupa already has Card Horse.

Carmant
Nov 23, 2015

Treadmill? What's that? Is that some kind of cake?

Home Brew

The Lobster
Sep 3, 2011

Massive
Avian
Rear
Images

Boxboy and boxboxboy.

jyrque
Sep 4, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k
*clears throat* SHOVEL KNIGHT

The Lobster
Sep 3, 2011

Massive
Avian
Rear
Images

chinese barbecue porp posted:

*clears throat* SHOVEL KNIGHT

Oh, well, if you insist, I suppose that is a game you could play too. You know, if you wanna.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Sayonara! Hakoboy!! is coming out in Japan this February, any word on a US release?

Tiny Chalupa
Feb 14, 2012
Can you gift other people games uae the shop?
Need more people to play gotta protectors with

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Dr Cheeto posted:

Sayonara! Hakoboy!! is coming out in Japan this February, any word on a US release?

Not yet. I'm positive it'll at least get a digital release.

Sourpuss
Mar 18, 2007

Chomb Chomb Chomb
Is there a trick to finding anyone to play mario golf online with?
Ive never found anyone to play when searching for general games.

BadAstronaut
Sep 15, 2004

Gotta Protectors does actually look pretty good - surely the music can be turned off/down, as I don't think I can deal with that for too long, based on the trailer alone.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Did that come out in the EU yet? :smith:

BadAstronaut
Sep 15, 2004

Not sure... I'm in EU, so if not, I won't be playing it any time soon.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Sourpuss posted:

Is there a trick to finding anyone to play mario golf online with?
Ive never found anyone to play when searching for general games.

Yeah, time travel back two years to when people were playing Mario Golf online. It was just you almost winning and then the other person rage quitting every time anyway.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Tiny Chalupa posted:

Nope! If they sell codes for the game on Amazon you can use that as an option, though.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

Tiny Chalupa posted:

You can buy them as a code from the website for your region then send it via email or text or whatever, but not from the console interface itself.

Make sure you're getting the code because the other option pushes the download to your system directly.

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

I just now realized the BF new 3DS doesn't come preinstalled with 3D Land after almost raising hell.

trdn89
Aug 16, 2008

BadAstronaut posted:

Gotta Protectors does actually look pretty good - surely the music can be turned off/down, as I don't think I can deal with that for too long, based on the trailer alone.

The FM music DLC is worth picking up.

WienerDog
Apr 8, 2007
Resident Rocking Dachshund
I gather that I can grab one of Slot Car Rivals or Market Crashers for free? Which one is more fun?

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

i typed gotta protectors into youtube and found this and well now i'm buying gotta protectors

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t96iE-T2MSo

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

WienerDog posted:

I gather that I can grab one of Slot Car Rivals or Market Crashers for free? Which one is more fun?

You're probably not going to play either of them more than once.

Spoderman
Aug 2, 2004

Market Crashers is fun and very bad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

lets hang out posted:

i typed gotta protectors into youtube and found this and well now i'm buying gotta protectors

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t96iE-T2MSo

The x360 prequel had an optional minigame where you turn on your TV and blow into the cartridge to start the game. But this intro owns way harder than that.