Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

TBeats posted:

Apple Music is stupid and having to sync my iTunes library with my phone via wifi with no other option is stupid.

Thanks for listening.

To anybody with an iphone, make sure you enable this before your OEM cable frays/gets lost. You have to be plugged in to do it. And most cables out there, including a lot of supposedly "certified" cables even by companies like Amazon, don't actually work for syncing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
I'm just doing hard syncs now. I ditched Apple Music in favor of Spotify.

My options were:

1) not be able to sync songs I manually put in my iTunes library (and when you make music for people this isn't an option)

Or

2) turn off iCloud music library, which eliminates the ability to download any music from Apple Music, forcing me to use data if I want to listen to anything other than the songs I manually put on my phone through a hard sync. I pay $4.99/mo for music. I don't need that artificially inflated because of data usage.

Or

3) ditch iTunes and get Spotify. Which is a small inconvenience because I enjoyed having everything consolidated into a single app.

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

I sucked a dick for bus fare and then I walked home.

gently caress apple

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Ice Cream Barbara posted:

Morning conference call results: 15% raise :q:

Nice! Might as well buy that V6 Camaro as a gift to yourself.

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

holocaust bloopers posted:

Nice! Might as well buy that V6 Camaro as a gift to yourself.

excuse me sir

I believe you mean camero

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]
The thing is every employee is getting 15% more, and I haven't gotten my annual raise yet either, so it could be up to 20% total. In which case I will be buying a used BMW 328i

LostCosmonaut
Feb 15, 2014

Noice, congrats man.

Benefit of 9/80 schedule #84: you can go skiing on weekdays and there's hardly any lines.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
I'm hoping that I can net a decent pay raise here in the next year or two. I'd love to have enough fun money to afford a car for pure recreation. Like a used BRZ or WRX.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

I'm hoping that I can net a decent pay raise here in the next year or two. I'd love to have enough fun money to afford a car for pure recreation. Like a used BRZ or WRX.

25 year old 7 series

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
I inherently do not trust a 25 year old German luxury sedan to be reliable or inexpensively maintained.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

lol a dude i work with spent $40k on a 10 year old m5

i think its been in the garage for the past 8 months bc he cant afford to maintain it

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]

Someone talk me out of cloning my service rifle

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

its stupid and one step away from buying a family crest from the px

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

Hope you got like $20k for a registered M16 lower. :haw:

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
Lasers are dumb

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

not caring here posted:

Lasers are dumb

:grovertoot:

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Just buy a cool ceremonial sword and be done with it.

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]

Just buy a cool ceremonial sword and be done with it.

Officer thread is thataway bucko

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

Death to nobles.

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

You will find no one to help you here. Beth DuClare has been dissected and placed in cryonic storage.

What laser is that? That's likely going to be the hardest part as far as building a rough clone.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Was checking the work address book for someone's phone number and some contractor is listing his job title as "Supr 1337 h@x0r".

I want to reach through my monitor and grab him by the throat. I think that's pretty Dad.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

I'm the loofah hanging off the bottom rack

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!

You can make a rifle that is objectively better in every possible way by not cloning any service rifle.

Diarrhea Elemental
Apr 2, 2012

Am I correct in my assumption, you fish-faced enemy of the people?

The Rat posted:

What laser is that? That's likely going to be the hardest part as far as building a rough clone.

Pretty sure that's just the MILES laser, which fits with the background looking like some lovely temp Bs at a training center.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
Speaking of miles lasers did anyone else avoid firing blanks during miles training by just smacking the laser in order to "shoot"?

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

You will find no one to help you here. Beth DuClare has been dissected and placed in cryonic storage.

Diarrhea Elemental posted:

Pretty sure that's just the MILES laser, which fits with the background looking like some lovely temp Bs at a training center.

Oh look lol I didn't recognize it, assumed it was an IR laser of some kind.

A rough clone of that M4 shouldn't be that much, maybe $1500 tops if you piece it together yourself. Depends on how close you want the parts exactly.

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]
Actually I already looked and it would be
- PEQ-15 (ATPIAL-C): $1,299
- M68 (CompM4): $871
- M4A1 (FN-15): $1,623

Pretty damned steep

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
unless you have nods i don't think you need a peq

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
I'd like to have a replica of my AF BMT-issued rubber ducky.

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

I see CompM4 CCOs go for $475ish used on the regular. You could put together an upper and lower from PSA for cheaper as well. Just gotta get a premium or CHF upper, not the bottom of the barrel ones.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
that episode of grand tour was metal as gently caress

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
gently caress san jose airport.

the international waiting area for arrivals is... OUTSIDE. in 40 degree weather. 2 hours of waiting for a flight that came in at 10 because they only had 2 people working on processing passports.

:argh:

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
I won't be shelling out $TEXAS for stuff like civvie NODs or lasers or ACOGs but I'm gonna have me an AR15 version of what I carried around some day. Mostly useless cause I mean god drat there's so much wrong with the M16 but screw it gonna have one for fun.

Diarrhea Elemental
Apr 2, 2012

The Rat posted:

I see CompM4 CCOs go for $475ish used on the regular. You could put together an upper and lower from PSA for cheaper as well. Just gotta get a premium or CHF upper, not the bottom of the barrel ones.

Maybe next year Santa can bring me a SBR'd lower, HK MR556A1 shorty upper, OSS can with a stamp, Magpul furniture, and an Aimpoint.

A pallet or two of Mk318 to feed it would be nice, too.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

TBeats posted:

I'm just doing hard syncs now. I ditched Apple Music in favor of Spotify.

My options were:

1) not be able to sync songs I manually put in my iTunes library (and when you make music for people this isn't an option)

Or

2) turn off iCloud music library, which eliminates the ability to download any music from Apple Music, forcing me to use data if I want to listen to anything other than the songs I manually put on my phone through a hard sync. I pay $4.99/mo for music. I don't need that artificially inflated because of data usage.

Or

3) ditch iTunes and get Spotify. Which is a small inconvenience because I enjoyed having everything consolidated into a single app.

As an "ecosystem" all the Apple offerings are garbage. You get a lot more usability out of Spotify and Dropbox and Apple can't even claim to have better user interfaces because those also suck dick.

Evil SpongeBob
Dec 1, 2005

Not the other one, couldn't stand the other one. Nope nope nope. Here, enjoy this bird.

ded posted:

gently caress san jose airport.

the international waiting area for arrivals is... OUTSIDE. in 40 degree weather. 2 hours of waiting for a flight that came in at 10 because they only had 2 people working on processing passports.

:argh:

Sorry, the "I'm a big pussy" thread is probably over in DnD.

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

Diarrhea Elemental posted:

Maybe next year Santa can bring me a SBR'd lower, HK MR556A1 shorty upper, OSS can with a stamp, Magpul furniture, and an Aimpoint.

A pallet or two of Mk318 to feed it would be nice, too.

Better start on the ATF SBR/silencer forms now if you want it by Christmas :suicide:

Diarrhea Elemental
Apr 2, 2012

The Rat posted:

Better start on the ATF SBR/silencer forms now if you want it by Christmas :suicide:

Hey I could put in a CCW application at the same time and maybe get a "Haha go gently caress yourself" from the MDSP sometime before my 30th in loving 2019 :emo:.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

what are people using to stop ads automatically playing when i open a page

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Nothing you should view all ads

• Locked thread