Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Thanks bud

WhyteRyce posted:

This is Kosta's locker. That is Axe hair thickening gel

Does... does it work? Asking for a friend

Intruder fucked around with this message at 18:57 on Jan 6, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stagger_Lee
Mar 25, 2009
The Pacers are as bad, or almost as bad, as I thought they would be, but I'm not sure it's for any of the reasons I thought, other than the defense not working. Statwise Teague seems like he's working out fine, and Turner is developing as nicely as anyone could have hoped. It could be small sample size, or something in the system changes from year-to-year, but for some reason Paul George has majorly regressed in production from age 25 to age 26, which I definitely didn't expect. No one's really talking about them that way, and he'll make the All-Star game anyway on general likability, but he hasn't had much of a year so far.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

WhyteRyce posted:

If the Kings trade for Milsap I'm assuming they are 100% on board with offering a max contract and he'd be crazy to turn down that much money even if it means spending 4 years in basketball hell.

I do think the Kings make sense. Boogie/Millsap would be a helluva big lineup and you can probably get into the 8th seed. If they do better than expected and take a game or 2 from GSW (which a front-lineup like that might be able to do) you can sell Millsap on a FA pickup in the offseason and a win-now mentality.

I don't know what the Kings give to get Millsap, but they make way more sense than the Nuggets, Suns, 76ers, etc.

Bush Did Outer Heaven
Jan 18, 2005

The Sweetest Payne
The team this Millsap business makes a poo poo ton of sense for is New Orleans, because I don't know how else they're going to get access to another high-caliber player on the cheap. They're limited in terms of cap flexibility going forward so who cares if they bite the bullet and max out a 32 year old. They don't necessarily have the assets to get in a bidding war if, say Jimmy Butler, were to be auctioned off.

TheShazbot
Feb 20, 2011

Metapod posted:

i just had a thought portland were the ones to offer kanter the max imagine how much worse the trailblazers defense would be if okc didn't match. lillard cj kanter in one lineup jesus

I'd rather have kanter than any plumlee. ugh ugh ugh

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967

Stagger_Lee posted:

The Pacers are as bad, or almost as bad, as I thought they would be, but I'm not sure it's for any of the reasons I thought, other than the defense not working. Statwise Teague seems like he's working out fine, and Turner is developing as nicely as anyone could have hoped. It could be small sample size, or something in the system changes from year-to-year, but for some reason Paul George has majorly regressed in production from age 25 to age 26, which I definitely didn't expect. No one's really talking about them that way, and he'll make the All-Star game anyway on general likability, but he hasn't had much of a year so far.

Paul George should be in the ASG on the beauty of his jump shot alone. That thing should be in a museum. It just looks so loving nice everytime he pulls up.

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
Millsap on the Raptors would be great but I don't think there's any way we can resign both him and Lowry with salaries the way they are. Rental might still be worth it to put us over the top tho.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

They have their bird rights, why couldnt they sign both.

Still dont think that team beats CLE.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/MattBonner_SAS/status/817430995062427648

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
I'm glad my buddy Kibner had fun at the ball game.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Stagger_Lee posted:

It's funny, as a pistons fan, and I assume as a pacer's fan, their seasons seem like complete disasters, but they're 6 and 7 in east SRS, which means they're basically where they were last year.

I'd like to see some growth, I'd like to see Andre Drummond filer out the voices in his head and just play good defense, and I'd like to see Reggie Jackson cremated on live tv

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Bush Did Outer Heaven posted:

The team this Millsap business makes a poo poo ton of sense for is New Orleans, because I don't know how else they're going to get access to another high-caliber player on the cheap. They're limited in terms of cap flexibility going forward so who cares if they bite the bullet and max out a 32 year old. They don't necessarily have the assets to get in a bidding war if, say Jimmy Butler, were to be auctioned off.

The nice thing is that it pushes Davis to 5 which is where he should be for at least 16 minutes or so a game

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

NickRoweFillea posted:

I'm glad my buddy Kibner had fun at the ball game.

Thanks! Too bad it was a boring game with bad play so I left after the third. I'm not a good fan sometimes.

I hope the Pels don't trade for Millsap. It would be a mistake.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Dejan Bimble posted:

The nice thing is that it pushes Davis to 5 which is where he should be for at least 16 minutes or so a game

He's played the five for half his minutes last season and something like 2/3 or more of his minutes this season.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

I think it is just very apparent that building around Paul George does not totally work. He seems like the ultimate NBA second Banana. He plays great defense at multiple positions, has size and mobility, is a good 3 point shooter and can squeeze into multiple positions. He just is not an efficient enough scorer to have as your #1 guy.

I wish I could see him on a team with someone like Prime Dwayne Wade, Lebron or CP3. But it was never meant to be.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Kibner posted:

He's played the five for half his minutes last season and something like 2/3 or more of his minutes this season.

Pushes him to 5 with a real scoring threat and all around player at 4 rather than a scrappy tweener or offense only guy, lets him play that tim duncan but with more ball skill srole, is my full answer. I mean 5 as a mindset and optimal position .and not just as a size default

Whatever sets they run for Davis, a lot of them look like power forward sets

I'm doubling down on my lack of factual knowledge

http://www.detroitbadboys.com/2017/1/6/14189698/detroit-pistons-high-low-a-video-look-into-boban-coming-out-party-marjanovic
Video breakdown of Boban dominating charlotte for 15pts and 19 rebounds in 16 miutes ysterday. I've beenn begging for them to play him over Baynes. He's a matchup nightmare for teams who dont want to play real bigs and whose stretch bigs aren't stretchy enough, and whose pgs aren't shooting well enough off the dribble to draw him out of his dungeon of doom around the paint. Ilove that proud Serbian man.

I just had a great idea.

Pistons trade ReggieJackson to whoever will take him for a first round pick and expiring salary, and sign milos teodosic to split time with Ish Smith next year.

Dejan Bimble fucked around with this message at 19:42 on Jan 6, 2017

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

As a New Orleans baby I thoroughly enjoyed those pics Kibner my man.

If they sell women's King Cake Baby Socks I'm 100% getting a pair for my mom.

WhyteRyce posted:

This is Kosta's locker. That is Axe hair thickening gel

I think Kosta Koufos would be the best spokesperson for Axe and I think they should make it happen. The Axe sponsorship could also carry over to Axe's other target demo (besides Eastern Europeans) with the other Kings owners' pro gaming teams so there's all sorts of synergies.

Shear Modulus fucked around with this message at 19:40 on Jan 6, 2017

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Come home, Kosta. Come home.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Kibner posted:

Thanks! Too bad it was a boring game with bad play so I left after the third. I'm not a good fan sometimes.

I hope the Pels don't trade for Millsap. It would be a mistake.

I too would prefer the Pels remain without any competent players aside from AD

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

Lifetime Winner of the willkill4food Honorary Bad Posting Award in PWM

Paul Zuvella posted:

I think it is just very apparent that building around Paul George does not totally work. He seems like the ultimate NBA second Banana. He plays great defense at multiple positions, has size and mobility, is a good 3 point shooter and can squeeze into multiple positions. He just is not an efficient enough scorer to have as your #1 guy.

I wish I could see him on a team with someone like Prime Dwayne Wade, Lebron or CP3. But it was never meant to be.

I think I've only watched Indy once this season, but stats wise he's doing fine as a #1 option.

Here's everyone in the league this season with as good a TS as him and 25% or higher USG.

http://www.basketball-reference.com...1.0&order_by=ws

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
You guys talking boaut 6 month rentals are failing to understand that the New CBA means that these rentals lead to supermax deals. It actually has value, unlike the last 4 or 5 years or so. If you can get any sort of verbal committment to staying if things go decently, it's worth a gamble. Especially for the Raptors who have enough young players and role players to move up in the event of a Millsap deal.

I'm not exactly sure how they defend the Cavs post trade. They'd need Demarre Caroll and Powell at their peaks. We've seen Millsap get worn down playing defense against Lebron and become much less efficient on offense.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Dejan Bimble posted:

It's funny, as a pistons fan, and I assume as a pacer's fan, their seasons seem like complete disasters, but they're 6 and 7 in east SRS, which means they're basically where they were last year.

I'd like to see some growth, I'd like to see Andre Drummond filer out the voices in his head and just play good defense, and I'd like to see Reggie Jackson cremated on live tv

psychologically how do you think having boban kill reggie jackson would impact the team

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

JaVale number 3 on that list lol

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
You can build around any all-star level player and win if you also put him with slightly lower tier all-stars instead of Monta Ellis and Thad Young

Drunk Canuck
Jan 9, 2010

Robots ruin all the fun of a good adventure.

https://twitter.com/MattBonner_SAS/status/817430995062427648

I'll miss you, my beautiful redhead angel.

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

I'll take any excuse to post Coach B

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4810YXU-mjI

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

Dejan Bimble posted:

You guys talking boaut 6 month rentals are failing to understand that the New CBA means that these rentals lead to supermax deals. It actually has value, unlike the last 4 or 5 years or so. If you can get any sort of verbal committment to staying if things go decently, it's worth a gamble. Especially for the Raptors who have enough young players and role players to move up in the event of a Millsap deal.

I'm not exactly sure how they defend the Cavs post trade. They'd need Demarre Caroll and Powell at their peaks. We've seen Millsap get worn down playing defense against Lebron and become much less efficient on offense.
Paul Millsap on a supermax deal is bad and would cripple your franchise

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

Lifetime Winner of the willkill4food Honorary Bad Posting Award in PWM

Dejan Bimble posted:

True, whoever trades for Millsap can offer him a 5 year $193m deal, and everyone else would be limited to 4 years $143m.

But I don't know if even a team as dumb as Sacramento would offer a 32 year old Millsap almost $40m a year for 5 years.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Hes supermax eligible because of years in the league right? not because of the new 2 per team deal in the CBA?

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene

euphronius posted:

They have their bird rights, why couldnt they sign both.

Still dont think that team beats CLE.

Me neither, but it closes the gap about as much as we could hope for.

Depends on if the teams willing to shell out serious cash or not. I'm skeptical. The latest projection I found was saying that next year's luxury tax line is about at 122 million bucks. Lowry's going to make 20+ million next year with a new contract, likely 25 mill or a max. Milsap probably has another 20 million dollar deal coming. So let's say that it costs 45 million to keep both. Then the Raptors would be paying 132 million next year in salary. We might also want to sign a backup PF too since Patterson and Sullinger are expiring (although Siakam can do the job in a pinch).

So I guess it's doable, but it involves committing serious cash.

Bush Did Outer Heaven
Jan 18, 2005

The Sweetest Payne
The list of teams with cap space to offer Millsap even a near-max 4 year deal and the motivation do so is fairly short. I would feel pretty good about him staying for less than a 5-year max if I was a playoff team. Quasi-playoff teams with limited space and assets need to keep their all star happy and don't have many paths to good players.

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

Redgrendel2001 posted:

It all makes sense now. Vivek is just a facade; The Kings secretly have been run by Frank Reynolds for the past several years.

Honestly I think they're going to be better off once the Warthog strips their assets and sells them to the Chinese.

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

Hashtag Banterzone posted:

True, whoever trades for Millsap can offer him a 5 year $193m deal, and everyone else would be limited to 4 years $143m.

But I don't know if even a team as dumb as Sacramento would offer a 32 year old Millsap almost $40m a year for 5 years.

Well if Sam Hinkie, Processed be His Name, were still a GM he probably would be doing everything in his power to make it happen.

"Look Vlade, Vlade, Vlade...I know! I know! Let me make it up to you."

edit: also, in support of my theory if Frank Reynolds were a GM he would be Vlade. They both have a history of smoking/drinking and probably some shadowy underworld connections in their past.

Redgrendel2001 fucked around with this message at 20:11 on Jan 6, 2017

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

The Super-Max deal can only be given to a very specific set of players, and only by the team that drafted them, or traded for their rights during a rookie contract.

Needless to say, that prevents literally any team from giving Milsap the super-max

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Bonner was great and I'll never forget the time he almost won the 3 point contest. My understanding is that he was already easing into a Spurs FO position last season.

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

Intruder posted:

Does... does it work? Asking for a friend

Dude of course not.

The only medically accepted method of resolving hair loss is watching Jason Statham movies until you're okay with it.

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
https://twitter.com/JLew1050/status/817427161422397444

:angel:

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Paul Zuvella posted:

The Super-Max deal can only be given to a very specific set of players, and only by the team that drafted them, or traded for their rights during a rookie contract.

Needless to say, that prevents literally any team from giving Milsap the super-max

he can still get 35% of the cap since hes played 10 years.

Right?

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Did this get posted here

https://twitter.com/SBNationNBA/status/817242354813980672

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

euphronius posted:

he can still get 35% of the cap since hes played 10 years.

Right?

You know, I can't even keep track of all these different max deals anymore.

What are we calling the new MegaSuperMax deal in the new CBA?

• Locked thread