Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Moola
Aug 16, 2006
thats adorable

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Rufus
Sep 16, 2005

CAPTAIN WORD SALAD

OFF MY MEDS AGAIN PLEASE DON'T USE BIG WORDS

UNNECESSARY LINE BREAK
Speaking of adorable things well.. I have this board game: https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/3548/assault-hoth-empire-strikes-back

And I am kinda looking to replace as many of the standees as possible with reasonably priced small scale minis that will reasonably fit in a normal hex n chit wargame hex. (3/4th inch give or take)

Like there has to be some minis that exist even if not exactly LEGAL mind you that are also decent priced? Because what Micromachines exist cost too much for the quality, and I don't have enough of those old Wizkids Pocketmodels to even cover my ATST, ATAT, and Snowspeeder needs right now and it would be a bastard to get more of them outside of buying piles of boosters on ebay and hoping for the best. (I only have like 4 Speeders, and 1 ST. And they require chopping up the bases to reasonably fit in a hex.)

Outside of getting Rebellion or Rebellion parts or old rear end Star Wars Risk (Which is itself too loving expensive! Also loving HELL there are a lot of Star Wars Risks out there.) it seems like a big pain just to make a nifty game prettier.

Cuz parts from Rebellion for just the Speeders, ATs, and the objective power generator is like 34 bucks shipped! Which is a bit more than the game cost me! Only the turbonerds of this thread can help me.

(That or dis enable me by telling me not to even bother and just dehumanize myself and face to 1988 cardboard.)

Vvv I need ground units. ATs. Snow speeders. A couple gun units. Infantry. While I have heard good things I don't need a 100 dollar game to borrow parts to fancy up an originally 20-30 dollar game that also is unlikely to be played. I'm hoping common sense will take hold and I won't buy squat. And just like pay bills faster than I do which is already fast. Vvvvv

Captain Rufus fucked around with this message at 11:53 on Jan 6, 2017

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
I'd say just get Rebellion because it looks like a pretty cool game anyway

The 1996 / 1997 version of star wars monopoly has lots of little star destroyers you could use, spare parts for that are pretty cheap

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
fiddly digits, itchy britches
I love you all
I just finished Chaos Child for the first time since I was in high school. I didn't really remember any of it. That book is totally batshit insane and it makes me wish 40k was still like that.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Just an fyi to the death thread goons, I'm going to spend the next 6 months painting up my scrunt army; will be about 150 varying scrunt infantry, 8 biker scrunts, 3 halftracks, 3 tanks, 6 gun platforms, 4 big scrunt walkers, and a couple of scrunt lords

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Thankfully there's plenty of WW2 German scrunt-tier tanks and halftracks to choose from for your project. I recommend the Tiger Porsche if you want a turd fire.

xutech
Mar 4, 2011

EIIST

Just got an email from forgeworld - spend a bunch of money and go in a draw to win one of five reprints of rogue trader. Apparently it was a games day only limited print run. gently caress those motherfuckers for such a lovely soulless shitlord exercise in shittiness. The only way games workshop could get worse was if Tom Cruise suddenly decided he liked the setting and wanted to buy into the company.

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese

Moola posted:

I'd say just get Rebellion because it looks like a pretty cool game anyway

The 1996 / 1997 version of star wars monopoly has lots of little star destroyers you could use, spare parts for that are pretty cheap

Rebellion is bad

Imperial Assault or Star Wars:Destiny are the pro choice Star Wars games (that are not X-Wing)

Star Wars LCG is good too but good loving luck finding anyone who plays.

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer

NTRabbit posted:

Just an fyi to the death thread goons, I'm going to spend the next 6 months painting up my scrunt army; will be about 150 varying scrunt infantry, 8 biker scrunts, 3 halftracks, 3 tanks, 6 gun platforms, 4 big scrunt walkers, and a couple of scrunt lords

:allears:

You are doing Gods work.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
feck yeah!

magnetbox
Jun 7, 2002

I Heart Thomas and Guy-Man

Captain Rufus posted:

Speaking of adorable things well.. I have this board game: https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/3548/assault-hoth-empire-strikes-back

And I am kinda looking to replace as many of the standees as possible with reasonably priced small scale minis that will reasonably fit in a normal hex n chit wargame hex. (3/4th inch give or take)

what about this, although I think they are discontinued:

https://www.amazon.com/Star-Wars-Command-Millennium-Falcon/dp/B00ILA278Y/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1483735622&sr=8-3&keywords=star+wars+command

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!
why is that at-at riding on a giant space roomba

Cinnamon Bear
Aug 29, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

JerryLee posted:

Its little legs got tired

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

JerryLee posted:

To get to the other side!

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

TKIY posted:

:allears:

You are doing Gods work.

Moola posted:

feck yeah!

I'll do my best not to let you down :hfive: I just need to remember where I put my metal drop scrunt character, and I'll have everything ready to begin

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007
Fess up, who made the loving scrunts wikia.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
scrunt wiki is no longer canon btw

Captain Rufus
Sep 16, 2005

CAPTAIN WORD SALAD

OFF MY MEDS AGAIN PLEASE DON'T USE BIG WORDS

UNNECESSARY LINE BREAK

JerryLee posted:

I dunno.. It's Sith riding the whip maybe?

The figures were generally too big though for even SW Wotc minis stuff. But right now I am probably just gonna grab a pocket models tin cheap for the rest of my speeders and STs and hope those silly cube game things at Target go on clearance for the small ones that have Hoth. 7.19 for 2 super wee atats and 1 ultra tiny Snowspeeder is too much. For 3 bucks? It'll do pig.

The big double sets are on clearance but not the ones with Hoth. :doom:

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

NTRabbit posted:

I'll do my best not to let you down :hfive: I just need to remember where I put my metal drop scrunt character, and I'll have everything ready to begin

You better festoon your bases with bits of garbage.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Mango Polo posted:

Fess up, who made the loving scrunts wikia.

it is unaffiliated

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Moola posted:

scrunt wiki is no longer canon btw

I believe I will forge my own scrunt narrative

FishFood
Apr 1, 2012

Now with brine shrimp!

MikeCrotch posted:

Rebellion is bad

Imperial Assault or Star Wars:Destiny are the pro choice Star Wars games (that are not X-Wing)

Star Wars LCG is good too but good loving luck finding anyone who plays.

More people should play the LCG, it's a great game and buying literally every card is cheaper than a Magic standard deck. I've got one or two dudes at my LGS that play, but it's not many of us

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

Bad Moon posted:

I believe I will forge my own scrunt narrative

please clean up the mess afterwards

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
fiddly digits, itchy britches
I love you all
I'm currently watching a game of Age of Sigmar. It's been going on for three hours. They're still on turn two. From what I can tell they're looking at three different books for rules which they have to keep referencing back to. The dragon has a separate base for its flames. Everything is currently bunched in the middle.

Avenging Dentist
Oct 1, 2005

oh my god is that a circular saw that does not go in my mouth aaaaagh

Atlas Hugged posted:

Everything is currently bunched in the middle.

I had that problem once. You just gotta get more fiber in your diet and you'll be right as rain.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Avenging Dentist posted:

I had that problem once. You just gotta get more fiber in your diet and you'll be right as rain.

Don't think the analogy really works. At least poop formerly contained nutrients.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Star Wars board games don't get better than this one.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
AoS is a good game played by cool people

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
I gave GW money for a fish finger sandwich. It was okay. Forgive me.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
! :siren: DO NOT LET GW FISH FINGER YOUR SANDWICH :siren: !

w00tmonger
Mar 9, 2011

F-F-FRIDAY NIGHT MOTHERFUCKERS

Radish posted:

Star Wars board games don't get better than this one.

Is xwing a board game?

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Miniatures game. Imperial assault got FFG in hot water because they came too close to a board game something or other. Hasbro is the only company allowed to make Star Wars board games.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Chill la Chill posted:

Miniatures game. Imperial assault got FFG in hot water because they came too close to a board game something or other. Hasbro is the only company allowed to make Star Wars board games.

... Then what is Rebellion?

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Admiral Joeslop posted:

... Then what is Rebellion?

Miniature game. It's why every Star Wars thing from FFG is either a card game or full of tiny plastic miniatures. If it had just tokens and cardboard bits Hasbro would claim it's violating their contract and taking sales from their 19th version of Star Wars monopoly or something

Shadin
Jun 28, 2009

Chill la Chill posted:

FFG told Hasbro that IA was a miniature skirmish game, and they told GW it was a board game. Neither of them bought their bullshit and Hasbro got a cut of their Star Wars board game sales and the relationship with GW got further soured.

smug jeebus
Oct 26, 2008

Fantasy Flight Games Website posted:

Imperial Assault is a strategy board game of tactical combat and missions for two to five players, offering two distinct games of battle and adventure in the Star Wars™ universe!
Both IA and Rebellion are listed under the board games category. My understanding is that FFG did try to initially pass IA off as a minis game, but Hasbro threw a fit and FFG resolved the issue by paying them for the right to make SW board games as well.

Saint Drogo
Dec 26, 2011

So 40k end times part one is here I guess, nice to see the game that actually needs/deserves the sigmo treatment getting it? :shrug: it looks like theyre doing the year long overpriced supplement bonanza again which is pretty twatty IMO.

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer
The current email refers to the 'Grand Army of the Imperium' and that language is straight out of AoS.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
NO EVERYTHING IS FINE.

• Locked thread