Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
NyetscapeNavigator
Sep 22, 2003

Aero 2.0

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

eschaton posted:

there have been devices that would scan for open networks with which to send back data

there have also been things like TVs that upload screencaps for analysis to better target ads and I'm sure not ever at all engage in industrial espionage

what's it like living in 2005 where there are still open wifi networks?

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope

quote:

essentially bringing back Windows 7’s Aero Glass and mixing it up with animations like the ones from the Windows Phone 8/7 era.

oh for gently caress's sake

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Doctor Rope
i didn't even mind how windows 7 looked like, it was fine, and i definitely think that drop shadows, gradients and blurring are all good things when used in moderation

but for the last several years microsoft has been going "flat! flat! flat!"

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

Don't you just hate when you wind up in a store with people who are in a socioeconomic class that is pretty obviously about two levels lower than your own?

holy title bars

SupSuper
Apr 8, 2009

At the Heart of the city is an Alien horror, so vile and so powerful that not even death can claim it.

eschaton posted:

holy title bars
where does the whitespace end and the titlebar begin

Maximum Leader
Dec 5, 2014
im loving sure thats real. looks microsoft as hell

Granite Octopus
Jun 24, 2008

the hamburger in the sea of white space where an actual menu could go

walla

orange sky
May 7, 2007

That looks like poo poo

I'm the huge bar

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Maximum Leader posted:

im loving sure thats real. looks microsoft as hell

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

fun fact: Aero Glass was invented by an outside contractor as a part of a Vista tech demo, management saw it and forced the Windows team to build it into the OS, the Windows team was not happy with the outside contractor

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
I'm Right of the bat

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?

why is this article a million words long

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

pseudorandom name posted:

fun fact: Aero Glass was invented by an outside contractor as a part of a Vista tech demo, management saw it and forced the Windows team to build it into the OS, the Windows team was not happy with the outside contractor
lmao

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

of course the windows team wouldn't like one of the only neat things about vista

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy
aero glass was the software equivalent of the leds on a gaming laptop, and especially bad on titlebars where they had to add a lovely halo to the text to keep it legible

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

also fun fact: the guy who created metro never wanted them to use it in the desktop os and quit to start his own agency rather than help them implement that

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

qirex posted:

also fun fact: the guy who created metro never wanted them to use it in the desktop os and quit to start his own agency rather than help them implement that

a man of convictions, i like that

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

Powaqoatse posted:

a man of convictions, i like that
yeah but what were they doing at microsoft in the first place

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

gettin' paid, as any reasonable capitalist would want.

Phoenixan
Jan 16, 2010

Just Keep Cool-idge
thought it looked like an improvement until I noticed the massive empty titlebar

please do this to all apps moving forward tia

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

anthonypants posted:

yeah but what were they doing at microsoft in the first place

eh we've all worked at lovely places

putting your foot down & leaving when it gets too lovely is p cool imo

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

Phoenixan posted:

thought it looked like an improvement until I noticed the massive empty titlebar

please do this to all apps moving forward tia

it's not clear from the article, but the other dev build screenshots don't have that 5-head titlebar

bone app the teeth
May 14, 2008

poty posted:

why is this article a million words long

yeah could've just said "windows is bad"

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
the only reason that image exists is some dimwit gets to brag about their 'super edgy youve prolly never heard of it' music taste

ahmeni
May 1, 2005

It's one continuous form where hardware and software function in perfect unison, creating a new generation of iPhone that's better by any measure.
Grimey Drawer
metro was a neat thing at the time, it's a pity Microsoft implemented it

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

Don't you just hate when you wind up in a store with people who are in a socioeconomic class that is pretty obviously about two levels lower than your own?

so what's the story with XP before it, did they hire Fisher Price to do a mockup and then just use it?

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

eschaton posted:

so what's the story with XP before it, did they hire Fisher Price to do a mockup and then just use it?

don't fly your cessna into Take Mountain lmao

Satellit3
Oct 21, 2008

Captain Foo posted:

hahaha

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

Captain Foo posted:

Joe 30330
Dec 20, 2007

"We have this notion that if you're poor, you cannot do it. Poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids."

As the audience reluctantly began to applaud during the silence, Biden tried to fix his remarks.

"Wealthy kids, black kids, Asian kids -- no, I really mean it." Biden said.

Doesn't say Plex, therefore this is fake

Zam Wesell
Mar 22, 2009

[Zam is suddenly shot in the neck by a toxic dart; Anakin and Obi-Wan see a "rocket-man" take off and fly away, and Zam dies]
I'm the date and time in the bottom right

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison

Granbar posted:

I'm the date and time in the bottom right

4:20 2/19/69

Arms_Akimbo
Sep 29, 2006

It's so damn...literal.
my old man got me a cheap win 10 2 in 1 for Xmas. every time I close the lid, it does a bing search in edge for elephant trunk hill and tries to open two copies of papers, please concurrently. im not sure what's going on, this is a new frontier

Arms_Akimbo
Sep 29, 2006

It's so damn...literal.
not looking for answers, just spreading the love of win 10

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

youre folding it wrong

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

Arms_Akimbo posted:

my old man got me a cheap win 10 2 in 1 for Xmas. every time I close the lid, it does a bing search in edge for elephant trunk hill and tries to open two copies of papers, please concurrently. im not sure what's going on, this is a new frontier
is the screen getting touched by the keyboard or something when it's closed? because it could make a bing search like that if your lockscreen is using windows spotlight, which it would by default. and then it keeps clicking the screen to open papers, please i guess

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Doctor Rope

Bulgakov posted:

youre folding it wrong

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

Bulgakov posted:

youre folding it wrong

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU