Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

Jmcrofts posted:

The best part of the Mvc3 guide is that they had those "power level" stat charts for the characters, and the women all had low intelligence lol

weren't those just taken directly from the game? because there's definitely power level charts in the character bios under gallery. or was that only added in ultimate?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

Jmcrofts posted:

The best part of the Mvc3 guide is that they had those "power level" stat charts for the characters, and the women all had low intelligence lol

Marvel Power Grids posted:

INTELLIGENCE
The ability to think and process information
1 = Slow / Impaired
2 = Normal
3 = Learned
4 = Gifted
5 = Genius
6 = Super-Genius
7 = Omniscient

STRENGTH
The maximum ability to lift (press) weight over one's head (under optimal conditions)
1 = Weak: cannot lift own body weight.
2 = Normal: able to lift over own body weight, up to twice own body weight.
3 = Peak human: able to lift over twice own body weight, up to 800 lbs.
4 = Superhuman: Able to lift over 800 lbs., up to 25 tons. This range includes "enhanced human" (800 lbs to 2 tons), Class 10 (2 tons to 10 tons) and Class 25 (10 tons to 25 tons).
5 = Superhuman: Able to lift over 25 tons, up to 75 tons. This range includes Class 50 (up to 50 tons) and Class 75 (up to 75 tons).
6 = Superhuman: Able to lift over 75 tons, up to 100 tons.
7 = Incalculable: Able to lift in excess of 100 tons.

SPEED
The ability to move over land by running or flight
1 = Below normal
2 = Normal
3 = Subsonic Superhuman: peak velocity below Mach-1 (approximately 760 miles per hour)
4 = Speed of sound: peak velocity between Mach-1 to Mach-2
5 = Supersonic: peak velocity between Mach-2 to Orbital Velocity approximately 17,000 mph)
6 = Speed of light: peak velocity up to 186,000 miles per second
7 = Warp speed: transcending light speed or a teleporter(instantaneous travel)

DURABILITY
The ability to resist or recover from bodily injury
1 = Weak
2 = Normal
3 = Enhanced
4 = Regenerative
5 = Bulletproof
6 = Superhuman
7 = Virtually indestructible

ENERGY PROJECTION
The ability to discharge energy
1 = None
2 = Ability to discharge energy on contact
3 = Short range, short duration, single energy type
4 = Medium range, medium duration, single energy type
5 = Long range, long duration, single energy type
6 = Able to discharge multiple forms of energy
7 = Virtually unlimited command of all forms of energy

FIGHTING ABILITY
Proficiency (skill) in combat
1 = Poor
2 = Normal
3 = Some training
4 = Experienced fighter
5 = Master of a single form of combat
6 = Master of several forms of combat
7 = Master of virtually all conventional forms of combat

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

Jmcrofts posted:

Marvel Power Grids posted:

7 = Warp speed: transcending light speed or a teleporter(instantaneous travel)

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

just chillin' in the club
Lipstick Apathy
Tron Bonne is literally omniscient

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

Jmcrofts posted:

Tron Bonne is literally omniscient
there can only be one god

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009
we wont see those kinds of blunders anymore now that marvel cares about the game

my girlfriend is Legos
Apr 24, 2013
Ryu can lift more than 75 tons and run at Mach 2. I love this

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

sharrrk posted:

weren't those just taken directly from the game? because there's definitely power level charts in the character bios under gallery. or was that only added in ultimate?

They were in vanilla mvc3 but as you can see they were ludicrously inflated before being massively toned down in ultimate

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

my girlfriend is Legos posted:

Ryu can lift more than 75 tons and run at Mach 2. I love this

this is the power of ansatsuken

Woden
May 6, 2006
TBF Chun in level 3 X-Factor was faster than light, you'd be 3 moves into a combo before you saw the first hit on screen.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
Uh ryu can throw sent and hulk so yeah he can lift 75 tons buttlord

beergod
Nov 1, 2004
NOBODY WANTS TO SEE PICTURES OF YOUR UGLY FUCKING KIDS YOU DIPSHIT
OK, so I've narrowed down my bizarre slowdown and lag on my PC version of SF V to the fight stick randomly soft disconnecting constantly. I'm hearing the *bing* occasionally and if I play without it plugged in, the game runs fine. I use the stick on all kinds of games and it is only a problem in SF V.

Has anyone encountered this issue and is there a known fix for it?

Edit: I have a TE2+

beergod fucked around with this message at 09:42 on Jan 7, 2017

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Make sure it is in a powered USB port in the back of your computer is my only tip.

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.

SectumSempra posted:

I mean I'd still say bayonetta first, but platinum just had to shop it around to nintendo first for baynetta 2. :saddowns:

Get a Wii U nerd

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Devil May Cry 4 Special Edition is REALLY loving good.

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

Alfalfa The Roach posted:

Get a Wii U nerd

Orrrr just wait till March.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
I never finished Bayonetta 2. I probably should. It didn't have the mine setup claw things from the first game though.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Fereydun posted:

there can only be one god

all the bars should be full for wesker

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MbN3Fvbd3qs

repost

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

You sayin' I like dubs?!?
weren't those mvc3 stats a result of capcom either not knowing what the scaling actually meant or meant to be compared to other capcom characters only because of the many communication issues between capcom/marvel in that games development?

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

darealkooky posted:

weren't those mvc3 stats a result of capcom either not knowing what the scaling actually meant or meant to be compared to other capcom characters only because of the many communication issues between capcom/marvel in that games development?

It's obviously the former, since Ryu has gifted intelligence, he's more durable than bulletproof, moves at supersonic speed, knows every single fighting style ever, and can command any form of energy.

Keegers
Aug 11, 2014

Watching co-op cup reminded me of how much more hype 3rd strike is compared to sfv

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

GOTTA HAVE THAT PAX BISONICA
https://www.twitch.tv/pr_balrog/v/113241627?t=47m22s

prbalrog playing online but then gets a bug that reverts boxer to his season 1 version

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

General Morden posted:

prbalrog playing online but then gets a bug that reverts boxer to his season 1 version

these bee movie memes are getting weird

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

General Morden posted:

Good Game (TM)

anime was right posted:

We Are Number One but instead of One it's Season One.

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

General Morden posted:

How. HOW?

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.
https://www.eventhubs.com/news/2016/apr/09/bug-street-fighter-5-reverts-characters-previous-version-workaround-discovered/

Capcom is truly impressive that they broke the game twice in the same way.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

General Morden posted:

Is this why my steam install is like 25 Gigs or something , cause its just every piece of data they've ever made ever?

for comparison Rev is 7

anime was right posted:

The SFV game but every time it's supposed to be good it's bad instead.

Saint Freak fucked around with this message at 16:59 on Jan 8, 2017

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

dangerdoom volvo posted:

we wont see those kinds of blunders anymore now that marvel cares about the game

yet another reason why marvel 4 will suck

rednecked_crake
Mar 17, 2012

srsly who wants to play this lamer?

Saint Freak posted:

Is this why my steam install is like 25 Gigs or something , cause its just every piece of data they've ever made ever?

for comparison Rev is 7

The SFV game but every time it's supposed to be good it's bad instead.

Make sure you delete the story dlc, you should be on 12 gb.

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

HoboWithAShotgun posted:

Make sure you delete the story dlc, you should be on 12 gb.

What even is story mode? A bunch of cutscenes and voice lines can't possibly make up 15 gigs.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Count Bleck posted:

What even is story mode? A bunch of cutscenes and voice lines can't possibly make up 15 gigs.

Yes it can if the voice is both jpn and eng and uncompressed and packaged in a stupid way because capcom

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.
Tons of audio in a bunch of different languages, a bunch of textures not in the base game at different resolutions and levels of compression, probably some pre-rendered video, a lot of unique assets. There's probably a lot of waste but honestly modern game devs don't care at all about optimizing for storage space.

Rev would be a lot bigger if they used textures for everything and had different languages. Most things aren't textured and the textured things come in one not very large resolution.

rednecked_crake
Mar 17, 2012

srsly who wants to play this lamer?

Count Bleck posted:

the dlc is almost 9gb by itself

beergod
Nov 1, 2004
NOBODY WANTS TO SEE PICTURES OF YOUR UGLY FUCKING KIDS YOU DIPSHIT
When is ryu's f+mp ever useful? It's slow as poo poo

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
It is quite useful in Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo

apple
May 18, 2003

Jose in the club wearing orange suspenders

beergod posted:

When is ryu's f+mp ever useful? It's slow as poo poo

I mean, jumping is fine and dandy but sometimes you just need a tool to punish people for holding down+back excessively. It's usually for closing out rounds because of the damage but there's setups for landing it in late active frames that let you get a combo right after.

Like a lot of command overheads they're slow but deceptively hard to block if they're not waiting for it, so conditioning people is a must.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

apple posted:

I mean, jumping is fine and dandy but sometimes you just need a tool to punish people for holding down+back excessively. It's usually for closing out rounds because of the damage but there's setups for landing it in late active frames that let you get a combo right after.

Like a lot of command overheads they're slow but deceptively hard to block if they're not waiting for it, so conditioning people is a must.

Thats f+mp. F+hp is the solar plexus two hitter.

They gave it a use in season 2 by making it link from b+hk i think? I might have that backwards

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

just chillin' in the club
Lipstick Apathy

Real hurthling! posted:

Thats f+mp. F+hp is the solar plexus two hitter.

They gave it a use in season 2 by making it link from b+hk i think? I might have that backwards

He asked about f+MP

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer
He asked about f+mp though

Edit: YEA GET HIS rear end