Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

I shouted out "Free the exposed 67"
But they stood on my hair and told me I was fat

Grimey Drawer

Mr. Flunchy posted:

Yeah, but if you're just keeping them around for food, smaller dogs are easier to manage and butcher. You can even keep them in a chicken coop.

You can't really raise dogs for food. Carnivores require more food than they're worth in meat. Most dog eating countries just grab strays, since they're free.

Midnight Voyager posted:

LOL

My driver's classes were 90% required video watching about drunk driving. I can tell you all about a guy holding his half-decapitated toddler in his arms!

We had exactly one day behind the wheel, and we all shared the day, so it was more like a few minutes each.

By law my state requires you to take 32 hours of classroom instruction and another 8 behind the wheel. That's if you want your license at age 16. I think you can wait until 17 or 18 and get a full license without driver's ed.

That's what happens when you stuff a car full of cute, photogenic teenagers and then proceed to stuff that car into a tree.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

yeah I eat rear end posted:

So are full-grown pugs though and they have more meat on them than a rat. If dogs were being sold for food it would be the large ones, not the tiny purse dogs.

It's not just about size and meat content though. There are places where baby ducks, and eggs with half developed fetuses are meals. If someone's selling tiny puppies to be eaten, chances are the people buying them want to cook and eat baby dogs.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

Krispy Kareem posted:

You can't really raise dogs for food. Carnivores require more food than they're worth in meat. Most dog eating countries just grab strays, since they're free.

I'm kinda sure you can raise dogs on a vegetarian diet, but it's cats that are obligate carnivores.

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Ex-senator Leland Yee, a noteable loudmouth on the subject of gun control, is headed to jail for arms trafficking :smugdog:

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

good. gently caress that guy.

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

ekuNNN posted:

Also, this classic is in there:

Interesting gay pride parade

Nutsngum
Oct 9, 2004

I don't think it's nice, you laughing.

Two Feet From Bread posted:

That is the pool. In non-freezing areas, sometimes people take the ultra cheap and lovely route and use a pool liner. It is basically an above ground pool under ground. All the cost with none of the benefits.

I am confused by this answer.

The original guy was asking about the fence style things laying across the top. There is concrete behind the plastic lining on the far wall so its nothing like an converted above ground.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

captainOrbital posted:

It does seem like a lot of these clips are motorcyclists going way way too fast for the conditions, and also not paying attention at all, which is weird because what else do you have on which to focus when you're riding a motorcycle? You can't text or sip an espresso.

A couple of weeks back I was stopped at an intersection when a bike pulled up in front of me in the next lane and the rider took out a mobile phone, answered it and stuck it up inside his helmet.

That's one way to do it, I suppose.

Craptacular
Jul 11, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K59eMpWsyNE&t=26s

trickybiscuits
Jan 13, 2008

yospos

Sun Wu Kampf posted:

Ex-senator Leland Yee, a noteable loudmouth on the subject of gun control, is headed to jail for arms trafficking :smugdog:
Additional schadenfreude is that this happened last February and it took you ten months to post it here.

Two Feet From Bread
Apr 20, 2009

I'm. A. Fucking. Nazi.

please punch me in the face
i love it
give it to me daddy
College Slice

Nutsngum posted:

I am confused by this answer.

The original guy was asking about the fence style things laying across the top. There is concrete behind the plastic lining on the far wall so its nothing like an converted above ground.

It isn't converted. The lining is the pool. The cement wall is a retaining wall to support the lining. If the lining rips then you have to replace the entire thing and it rips often.

You get the cost of a ground level pool with the lovely durability and lining system of an above ground pool. The worst of both worlds.

hanales
Nov 3, 2013

Two Feet From Bread posted:

It isn't converted. The lining is the pool. The cement wall is a retaining wall to support the lining. If the lining rips then you have to replace the entire thing and it rips often.

You get the cost of a ground level pool with the lovely durability and lining system of an above ground pool. The worst of both worlds.

Yes but no one has answered the original question of why there is a fence on it.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

hanales posted:

Yes but no one has answered the original question of why there is a fence on it.

So that guy can drive a bike over it!

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

hanales posted:

To keep ducks out of it?

Double Punctuation
Dec 30, 2009

Ships were made for sinking;
Whiskey made for drinking;
If we were made of cellophane
We'd all get stinking drunk much faster!

Alaois posted:

So that guy can fail to drive a bike over it!

FTFY

DryGoods
Apr 26, 2014

Dogs, on the other hand, can connect with that pathos.
http://i.imgur.com/EG8rEU6.gifv
http://i.imgur.com/h80nOpy.gifv
http://i.imgur.com/rVOKH8H.gifv

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

hanales posted:

Someone said that they do that for closed pools/abandoned houses so that kids and pets don't fall in and drown/hurt themselves. It was the conclusion I came to just by seeing it as well.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=05P_A8fjEAo

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Sun Wu Kampf posted:

Random fun fact about this guy: he was a California state senator, and was captured in a sting operation attempting to sell rocket launchers to an undercover FBI agent. His highly publicized arrest took place a few months before the midterm elections, too soon for his name to be taken off the ballot. While sitting in prison, he got around 20% of the vote.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Is that the same dude?

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Subjunctive posted:

Is that the same dude?

no idea, i dont think so -- just the other clip reminded me of this one & theres schadenfreude so i posted it.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Sagebrush posted:

Random fun fact about this guy: he was a California state senator, and was captured in a sting operation attempting to sell rocket launchers to an undercover FBI agent. His highly publicized arrest took place a few months before the midterm elections, too soon for his name to be taken off the ballot. While sitting in prison, he got around 20% of the vote.

What's not to vote for?

Gross Dude
Feb 5, 2007

Gross Dude
Personally, I think the FBI should have rocket launchers.

ductonius
Apr 9, 2007
I heard there's a cream for that...

I know exactly where this is, and I cannot imagine how that person ended up the wrong way. They couldn't have taken a wrong turn on an overpass because there aren't any even remotely nearby where you could do that and end up where they are. They must have been going down an on-ramp and consciously decided "Oh, I need to go the other direction, might as well just pull a u-turn and drive down the road the wrong way."

Chicken Doodle
May 16, 2007

ductonius posted:

I know exactly where this is, and I cannot imagine how that person ended up the wrong way. They couldn't have taken a wrong turn on an overpass because there aren't any even remotely nearby where you could do that and end up where they are. They must have been going down an on-ramp and consciously decided "Oh, I need to go the other direction, might as well just pull a u-turn and drive down the road the wrong way."

Me either... like... how? Just how? :psyduck: So grateful for my dashcam, jesus.

The Fuzzy Hulk
Nov 22, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT CROSSING THE STREAMS

It looks icy, maybe she hit a patch and spun around?

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Gross Dude posted:

Personally, I think the FBI should have rocket launchers.

When rocket launchers are outlawed, only outlaws will have rocket launchers.

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

:911:
:wookie: :thermidor: :wookie:
:dehumanize:

:pirate::hf::tinfoil:

The Fuzzy Hulk posted:

It looks icy, maybe she hit a patch and spun around?

"Welp, I guess god wanted me to go this direction instead..." <vroom>

Elohssa Gib
Aug 30, 2006

Easily Amused

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

I shouted out "Free the exposed 67"
But they stood on my hair and told me I was fat

Grimey Drawer
I thought cops loved shooting dogs? Are those Canadian cops or something?

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Krispy Kareem posted:

I thought cops loved shooting dogs? Are those Canadian cops or something?

I did a ride along with local PD and I swear to God one of them actually got excited for a loose dog call and said he wanted to go shoot it.

This is adorbs. :3:

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Please don't post pics of my short-lived career as a paperboy

I mistook a boxer for a pitbull once and then blacked out all of the memories after abandoning my bike to stand on the neighbor's car and scream for help

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
What I'm saying is tweenaged paper delivery boys and girls should get guns

Because it was hell to collect payments

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

syscall girl posted:

Please don't post pics of my short-lived career as a paperboy

I mistook a boxer for a pitbull once and then blacked out all of the memories after abandoning my bike to stand on the neighbor's car and scream for help

Frankly I'd be more afraid of the boxer. Pit bulls, unless they're abused to hell and back, are the most lovable dogs in the world. They all think they're lapdogs too. :3:

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Oh boy, here comes 10 pages of dog chat.

FutonForensic
Nov 11, 2012

How about dogenfreude

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ect3ihDk7AY

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Chichevache posted:

I did a ride along with local PD and I swear to God one of them actually got excited for a loose dog call and said he wanted to go shoot it.

This is adorbs. :3:

sure you did

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

I love his exasperated gesture at the end; I'm half expecting some kind of jokey trumpet fanfare to follow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

good dog

properly secured

would rate it 4 out of 5 puppers