Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Clark Nova
Jul 18, 2004

Danaru posted:

One time I took a kilo of jazz cabbage to the smoke zone because I'm the king weed man 420

I'd like you to know that I have also had sex. With a girl.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

Nice guys would be less annoying to women if they stopped asking permission to do every little thing.

That's actually what women are complaining about with nice guys. Constantly asking "Do you mind if I go to the store?" "Can I go out with my friends on Friday or do we have plans?" "Should I have another beer?".

poo poo gets exhausting to women.

In my young years I was a quintessential "nice guy" and one my biggest epiphanies in dealing with women was that a lot of times it doesn't matter what the choice is (where to go, what to eat, etc), the other party just wants something chosen. I learned to stop probing so much about whether poo poo was ok or not and just go "how about X?" with the first thing I thought of.

Same advice might apply in a reverse/same gender scenario, idk because I'll never have that perspective.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Barudak posted:

Why did you marry an IT guy with dreams of being a train time table calculator?

A lot of the reasons they give are pretty much the same. They're actually trying to make a good decision. At first, these guys seem really stable. "Sure, he is not very exciting, but he's a good provider. It's a good situation for having kids and raising a family." That's the logic. But then you realize that you are suicidal, and he keeps talking to you about Winston Churchill

420 SWAGLORD
Apr 20, 2014

saban bajramovic

quote:

My [28 F] boyfriend [29 M] is a pothead who spends all his money on weed, lives at home with his parents and doesn't care about anything/anyone

When I first met my boyfriend I thought he smoked weed occasionally. Slowly over time I realised (and he admitted) he smokes about 6 or 7 times a day at least. So that's once when he wakes up, at lunch, immediately after work, when he gets home, and then continues smoking until he goes to bed at about 2am.

Personally I think he has a serious problem, but he completely denies he has an addiction. He still lives at home with his parents and is overly attached to them - he even hangs out with them in his social time and goes to gigs with them etc. He's very clingy with his family. His mum manages all his appointments and still cooks all his meals and washes his clothes and its like he still thinks he is 5 years old. He also HATES leaving the house and would prefer to stay at home and sleep all day or just smoke in his garden then play video games rather than ever going out and doing anything.

I really care about this guy - aside from his potheadedness he is fun to be around, chilled, open minded and I like him a lot. My family also really love him. I just am very concerned that he is ALWAYS high and that it affects our relationship a lot. He has been smoking since he was about 13 and doesn't see himself ever giving up. I'm just at my wits end with him because he's ruining his life and I'm not sure if I see a future with him anymore.

tl;dr: My boyfriend is a 29 year old pothead who still lives with his parents and has no plans to move out. Is there any hope or should I leave him?

b-b-blaze it bro!

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

420 SWAGLORD posted:

b-b-blaze it bro!

What a catch

Barudak
May 7, 2007

I think that womans boyfriend is Matthew Mccoughnahey's character in Failure to Launch. Sorry lady, if you werent paid to make him fall in love with you and leave the house, hell never realize he needs to change to be with you.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Barudak posted:

I think that womans boyfriend is Matthew Mccoughnahey's character in Failure to Launch. Sorry lady, if you werent paid to make him fall in love with you and leave the house, hell never realize he needs to change to be with you.

Why would he? He is getting all of his meals cooked for him, all his laundry and chores, doesn't have to get a job, gets to play video games all day, gets to smoke weed all day, and still gets to have sex. Why would you change anything?

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Oh, but the guy who is perennially high is " Open minded". High loving bar

Tolkien minority
Feb 14, 2012

Pick posted:

Why would he? He is getting all of his meals cooked for him, all his laundry and chores, doesn't have to get a job, gets to play video games all day, gets to smoke weed all day, and still gets to have sex. Why would you change anything?

she mentions him smoking at work in like the second sentence lol

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Pick posted:

Like, for real, this my idea of heaven.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

WampaLord posted:

Like, for real, this my idea of heaven.

I think it sounds like it sucks

420 SWAGLORD
Apr 20, 2014

saban bajramovic

Pick posted:

I think it sounds like it sucks

yeah, well

diffr'nt strokes ya know?

Marijuana Nihilist
Aug 27, 2015

by Smythe
More like different...tokes :smug:

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Pick posted:

Look, Pick its all right there in the documentary Failure to Launch.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Marijuana Nihilist posted:

More like different...tokes :smug:

DIfferent tokes for different blokes.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Barudak posted:

Look, Pick its all right there in the documentary Failure to Launch.

Roger Ebert spent half his review recounting how he was once bitten by one of Stanley Kubrick's donkeys

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

Pick posted:

Minus the not having a steady 9-5 job part because having no job would be horribly soul-crushing, this sounds like an awesome existence. Maybe a job where I could play video games and smoke weed all day.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Pick posted:

Roger Ebert spent half his review recounting how he was once bitten by one of Stanley Kubrick's donkeys

I really miss that guy.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Cough Drop The Beat posted:

Minus the not having a steady 9-5 job part because having no job would be horribly soul-crushing, this sounds like an awesome existence. Maybe a job where I could play video games and smoke weed all day.

Have you heard about "streaming"???

54 40 or fuck
Jan 4, 2012

No Yanda's allowed

Cough Drop The Beat posted:

I think it'd be awesome if you were super rich. Play games, smoke weed, volunteer and do some good in the community. Now if only I were nice and rich.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

420 SWAGLORD posted:

b-b-blaze it bro!

Aside from living at home, being broke, and not doing anything ever with me but hang out and smoke up, hes awesome in every way :redflag:

Tolkien minority
Feb 14, 2012

tater_salad posted:

Aside from living at home, being broke, and not doing anything ever with me but hang out and smoke up, hes awesome in every way :redflag:

hey i mean at least dudes just a bum that likes to smoke weed all day, the ones where its like "besides brutally beating me and making me cry and never having sex i love him and hes the best and our relationship is perfect" are the worst

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all

Clark Nova posted:

I'd like you to know that I have also had sex. With a girl.

I kissed a dude once, and upon reflection, not really my thing.

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
My girlfriend [19F]'s ex-boyfriend [23M] is constantly harassing us. I [19M] want to break up with her because of this.

I have been dating my girlfriend, "Anne" for 5 months now. She is lovely and our relationship is going well, if it weren't for one thing--her ex-boyfriend, "James". She broke up with him more than a year ago (she found him controlling and manipulative), and ever since then, he has not stopped harassing her. He would make nasty comments on her Instagram, send her endless texts, unwanted presents, and he even went so far as to follow her around in public. But she never told me any of this until two months after we started dating, when I found a bunch of mean texts from an unknown number calling her a "wh**" and a "sl*" and that he had "found out her secret". The texter, presumably James, was calling her a "cheater" and a "liar" for dating me.

When she told me about her history with James, I asked her why she never reported all of it to the police. She told me that she was too scared to do it. She also thought it would be too expensive and too much of a hassle. Plus, James is from a wealthy and influential family so she was afraid that the police wouldn't even take it seriously.

After James found out that Anne was dating me, he began to make fake accounts on Instagram and leave nasty comments under my pictures. Of course, there's no way to definitively prove that it was him, because they were anonymous, but I am sure that they were from him. This was the extent of his harassment towards me until last night.

Last night, Anne and I were out clubbing at a busy spot in our city. Whether by coincidence or otherwise, we bumped into James and his posse. He obviously had one too many to drink (and I confess that I did as well) and as soon as he saw us he immediately came over. He grabbed her arm and tried to get her to dance with him. I pushed him away and told him to f*** off, but he got angry at that and pushed me back. We were too tipsy to really "fight" per se, but he kept on telling me to get away from Anne, that she was his girl, etc etc and trying to intimidate me. Before things could get too physical, one of the bouncers/security guards came over and pulled us apart and threatened to kick us out of the club. Before we went our separate ways James mouthed the words "be careful" to me. Or something (the music was loud so I couldn't hear him exactly).

Obviously Anne and I were not in the mood to stay afterwards. We left the club and got a taxi back to her cousin's place. She was in tears and kept on apologizing to me, that she didn't know he'd be there, etc. I told her it was alright, but that she HAD to document every incidence of his harassment and take it to the police. I told her that James was a dangerous person and we don't know when he would escalate beyond verbal abuse. She kept on saying that she couldn't do it, that I didn't understand him. We were both tired at that point so I left her house and we made plans to have breakfast together.

This morning I went back to her place and again I asked her to report him to the police. Again she refused. I asked her why on earth she was protecting him. She said that she wasn't trying to protect him, she genuinely believed that filing a report wouldn't do anything and that it would just be a waste of time and money. I told her that we had to at least TRY and deter his behaviour before he escalates. She then started saying stuff about how's he not a "that bad of a person" and that he would "give up soon enough." Girl it's been more than a year! He's never going to give it up. I then asked her why she was defending him. She didn't respond. I asked her if she had feelings for him still. She was silent again. After a while she said, "But I love you more." I told her that if she loved me so much, then she should do what was right for both of our sakes.

Again, her answer was the same. She didn't want to report James, he would stop soon enough, he wasn't really dangerous...

At that point I told her straight up that I loved her, but I was worried about my own safety at this point. I told her that unless she made some attempt to leave a paper trail of James' harassment, I had to leave her. She started crying at this point and told me not to make her do that, that she loved me and that it wasn't as serious as I made it out to be.

When I got home, I thought for a long time about this. I didn't mind it much when the extent of James' harassment was making the occasional stupid comment on my Instagram, but after last night I'm genuinely scared. He showed that he wasn't above intimidation and maybe even violence to get his point across. Im wondering at this point whether I would be wise to sever ties with Anne in order to keep myself safe. But at the same time I don't want to leave her to fend for herself. This is probably what James wants, to scare off any boyfriend of hers that isn't him.

I'm really at a loss here. What should I do? What else can I do to help Anne, or have I done all I could and should probably leave her now, for my own safety?

TL;DR: My GF's ex boyfriend has been harassing her for over a year and is now upping the ante after he found out that she's been dating me. Last night there was a confrontation and I'm scared that things might escalate. Anne refuses to do anything about it and I think it would be in my best interests to break up with her.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Gluten Freeman posted:

"when relationships get too hard i immediately give up and look for the next person to gently caress. i told my bf this and now our relationship is too hard so i think im gonna gently caress my friend"

I knew someone who did this. She dated guys for a few months at a time, then after their first fight/ things started to fall into a routine/ whatever, she would walk away and have someone new within a few weeks.

I think she was just addicted to the Honeymoon Period. She was also really into travelling, which I think is also connected.

La Brea Carpet
Nov 22, 2007

I have no mouth and I must post
This is how complexes start!

quote:

Me [31 M] with my girlfriend [33 F] of 2 years, admits to not being physically or sexually attracted to me but is adamant that she loves me and wants to stay in the relationship.

In some recent casual conversations about sex with my girlfriend, it came up that she had never been sexually aroused by me. She said she had enjoyed sex as an exercise in closeness and an expression of our connection, and that she really did love me and wanted very much to be with me despite eventually explicitly admitting that she did not find me sexually or physically attractive at all. Specifically, it had to do with the fact that she found my build a bit of a turn off (I'm 6'4 and 150 pounds, so I'm pretty drat scrawny. Like proper skinny-scrawny).

Hoo boy. OK, well, that should be fine, really, right? Well, I'm struggling with it massively and I'm not sure what to do because I feel like I'm being unreasonable.

I think one of the issues it my own self image and expectation. Before she said anything, I was fairly sure that I was attractive (moderately). If I thought I or my body was particularly unattractive to begin with, I'm guessing this wouldn't have affected me so much. But I feel a sort of tinge of betrayed vanity happening that is actually quite strong. I guess I expected to be considered physically and sexually attractive by someone I was in a relationship with, and with that gone, I feel...sort of hosed up.

What I'm feeling seems pretty unreasonable. She loves me for me, who gives a gently caress about anything else? Well, evidently I do. Derp. The most obvious solution I can see is dropping my silly climbing and tennis routine and start pumping the god drat weights and eating 40 pounds of chicken a day, but even if I were to succeed in that, I feel like I'd still be sort of hosed off and unsatisfied. I'm not even sure why. I'm being a bit of a spiteful baby.

I guess I just need some real rear end redditors to smack me around a bit. What should I do or how should I approach this?

tl;dr: Girlfriend recently admitted to not being physically or sexually attracted to me but loves me and wants to be with me. That should be enough, but it isn't. I'm fighting my vanity and losing badly. What do?

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001

Ride The Gravitron posted:

My girlfriend [19F]'s ex-boyfriend [23M] is constantly harassing us. I [19M] want to break up with her because of this.

He should break up with her because she's clearly still got some weird feelings for her crazy ex. The refusal to report anything when it's starting to involve her new boyfriend is weird too, though since the guy has taken to harassing the boyfriend he'd be within his rights to start reporting things to the cops himself if he's really all that concerned about it

La Brea Carpet posted:

Why are people dating people they aren't attracted to what the gently caress just break up and date someone you like and also want to have sex with

Dial-a-Dog fucked around with this message at 23:48 on Jan 7, 2017

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
She likes the drama

Tolkien minority
Feb 14, 2012

La Brea Carpet posted:

on one hand whats the point of telling him that besides making him feel bad lol

on the other 6 4 150 is literally skeletal so maybe dude should eat the chicken and lift the weight

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Tolkien minority posted:

on the other 6 4 150 is literally skeletal so maybe dude should eat the chicken and lift the weight

We should refer him to the local "thread for evil wizards". They are experts in skeleton matters.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
LOL, you don't always get to end up with somebody that you think is smoking hot. That's what an imagination is for. But you don't loving tell the person you settled for.

La Brea Carpet
Nov 22, 2007

Oh no, he's going full :biotruths: in the comments

quote:

[–]steamingnode[S] 2 points 7 hours ago OP
I don't doubt that skinny-skinny men can attract women, but when we're talking about the bell-curve of mate selection, that's...probably not near the middle. I would never speak in absolutes but I do want to be considerate of statistical distributions.
I absolutely appreciate that there are women who find my body type attractive, and its never seemed like an issue until now. idk. it's hitting me pretty hard and I feel like I am devolving into irrationality really quickly.

[–]NekoNina 16 points 7 hours ago
Making gross generalizations about what "most women" want isn't terribly useful, especially when you're using it to beat up on yourself. Worry about yourself and your specific situation at the moment. This person isn't a good partner for you because she doesn't feel physically/sexually attracted to you. That simply means you two aren't a fit for each other, not that your build is somehow turning off women in droves.

[–]steamingnode[S] 4 points 7 hours ago OP
I understand that but in absence of any other insight men do want to optimize themselves for the largest audience. That's the whole Fisherian self-reinforcing co-evolution of mate selection thing. We feel instinctively driven to be buff because it is the best best you can statistically make.
anyways, I digress. what is clear is that my body type is not up to scratch for her, and I've never had to deal with a revelation like that before so I'm going on confused rants and googling about poo poo like that. but you're right it comes down to we aren't a fit for each other in a sexual or romantic sense.

[–]purrrrrrrrrrfect 3 points an hour ago
If you keep thinking in terms of evolution and instincts it's really not going to help you. We are social, complex creatures. Biology doesn't actually determine much in a relationship. But yeah honestly you can't unhear what she told you, you seem like you have fairly low self-esteem already... cut your losses and consider that you've dodged a bullet because trust me: there is someone (or several someones!) out there who will find you sexy and attractive on every level!! And everybody needs that in a relationship.

Tolkien minority
Feb 14, 2012

La Brea Carpet posted:

Oh no, he's going full :biotruths: in the comments
i mean i would think (hope?) most people on average arent attracted to anorexically thin people just cause its super unhealthy

La Brea Carpet
Nov 22, 2007

Tolkien minority posted:

i mean i would think (hope?) most people on average arent attracted to anorexically thin people just cause its super unhealthy

#healthy at any size

You bodyshaming bro/broette?

Also, gold from the comments:

quote:

I've hooked up with and dated a couple tall very skinny dudes. One I liked to pick up and swing around but he said it made him feel emasculated haha

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all

Tolkien minority posted:

Built like a bishonen. All he needs to do is to make out with other skeleton-men and the yaoi girls will go nuts.

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001

Pick posted:

LOL, you don't always get to end up with somebody that you think is smoking hot. That's what an imagination is for. But you don't loving tell the person you settled for.

There is an ocean of difference between "not smoking hot" and "never been sexually aroused by". There are ladies out there who fantasize about giant skeletons and that guy deserves to find one

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Dial-a-Dog posted:

There is an ocean of difference between "not smoking hot" and "never been sexually aroused by". There are ladies out there who fantasize about giant skeletons and that guy deserves to find one

It's me, I want to gently caress a skeleton

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
I'd bone a skeleton

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001

Pick posted:

It's me, I want to gently caress a skeleton

Hell, same

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

La Brea Carpet
Nov 22, 2007

Improbable Lobster posted:

I'd bone a skeleton

:same:

But only if it'd let me play it's ribs like a xylophone after.