Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vax
Dec 29, 2011

delicious!
Okay these crashes are gettgin ridiculous. Trying to finish this event on my Phone (where I basically never have a crash), on solid Memu where I crash once a month maybe and even on Nox which was a bad idea to begin with. Nothing seems to help. Rebooting all the stuff running nothing else, giving it more power. Tried everything and still cant finish a run. The worst thing is it even crashes back to main screen and not last fight or something. :negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vax
Dec 29, 2011

delicious!
Holy poo poo this cringefest was painful to even fast forward through. Had he only charged his account with 50k Lapis he wouldve gotten her on 50k spent. The algorithm just said gimme your 250k Lapis and so it did. :shrug:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zoDefMq24OE

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

I've caved to goon pressure and I'm spending Lapis on TM grinding instead of 11 pulls. Unfortunately, all my Lapis is tied to my iPhone and not android, so I have to buy a refresh on my phone and then start the emulator. I could buy some on Android, but nah I like having it tied to my main account. Plus I can't get Nox or Memu to run for more than 2-3 hours at a time without a crash, so it works out anyway. Also gets me a break to use arena orbs before starting it up again.

As for TM's? Cheese Whiz #1 finished yesterday.

Currently grinding:
Cecil
Maxwell
Luneth
Miyuki
Hayate

On deck:
Cecil #2
Cheeze #2
Gaff 1,2, and 3
Locke 1,2
Karl
Arc 1 and 2
Shantoto

And I'm probably the only goon left since launch with no Zidane... :flaccid:

Vax
Dec 29, 2011

delicious!

Cartoon Man posted:

I've caved to goon pressure and I'm spending Lapis on TM grinding instead of 11 pulls.

Spending Lapis on high value TMs is the best thing you can do to improve your collection. But keep in mind from time to time there are high value banners where doing one or two 11 pulls can be worthwhile.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Vax posted:

Okay these crashes are gettgin ridiculous. Trying to finish this event on my Phone (where I basically never have a crash), on solid Memu where I crash once a month maybe and even on Nox which was a bad idea to begin with. Nothing seems to help. Rebooting all the stuff running nothing else, giving it more power. Tried everything and still cant finish a run. The worst thing is it even crashes back to main screen and not last fight or something. :negative:

i've been having weird random crashes on my phone since the last update. memu randomly crashes as well but the script is pretty good about recovering itself, but after wasting all of the time to do a full exp run of dwarves forge and having it crash on literally the last fight before the boss i nearly had a fit. luckily it recovered to the fight, but man.

this isn't as bad as when status effects were crashing the game, but i guess in a lot of ways this is worse because there seems to be absolutely no reason for these crashes.

edit: cartoon man i dont have a zidane and will never have a zidane, but today fortune smiled upon me with my 11th leo.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
That's a lot of Aegis shield.

If I was willing to use lapis for refreshes wildly and run the computer constantly I'd be with dualweld in three days. I can wait, and save for an 11+1 of Orlandude. Game of patience. Do I have the patience to not buy that 50 Quartz shield and instead wait for the next 1-2 islands?

Ghosts n Gopniks fucked around with this message at 15:38 on Jan 7, 2017

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

MrLonghair posted:

My daily pull beats all of yours for a while, ZIDANE. Time to activate the lapis-refreshing TM grinder macro.

Oh hey, how about that, I puled a Zidane today, too. Third one so far.

Not sure I want to get into this whole macro grinding stuff, though.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

MrLonghair posted:

Do I have the patience to not buy that 50 Quartz shield and instead wait for the next 1-2 islands?

I've got that shield on Refia after I merged all my charlottes from the Noctis banner. Fits her great and gives her a spirit boost.

Though you may want to save up 200 quartz for the maneater materia at the next unlocked fat chocobo shop.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
So right now, is Memu or Nox the more crash prone emulator?

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

HGH posted:

So right now, is Memu or Nox the more crash prone emulator?

Both crash pretty equally for me. I average about 60-120 mins before crash. Dealing with the crashing is still better than manual TM grinding. I do most of my TM grinding on the weekend or at night when I'm home and can babysit it.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
The only Nox crashes I've had have been FFBE itself naturally. Three times during macroing, once during play, but it's within the first 15 minutes it goes if at all, like some experience.

Cartoon Man posted:

I've got that shield on Refia after I merged all my charlottes from the Noctis banner. Fits her great and gives her a spirit boost.

Though you may want to save up 200 quartz for the maneater materia at the next unlocked fat chocobo shop.

I should put Charlotte on the next team. Also, 50 for Safety Bit in the FatChocoShop following that one, Mage Town Something. A quartz a day from Arena, or two? if one is willing to spam losses should make these nice freebies.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Anyone have a proper guide to set up nox?

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Anyone have a proper guide to set up nox?

https://www.reddit.com/r/FFBraveExvius/comments/55f44k/lets_talk_nox_macros/?sort=new

Dark Fina down in 2 rounds. GrimSA, your Noctis is a beast with 805 ATK. My Elza is starting to destroy since I put Dual Wield and a Gungnir on her. Still only floating around 500ish ATK though, but mostly because she has Diabolos on her.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=zoDefMq24OE

Two hundred and fifty five thousand Lapis.
One thousand and five hundred dollars.
Almost six hundred pulls.
One hooded robed waifu with a whip.

Cartoon Man fucked around with this message at 17:35 on Jan 7, 2017

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Cartoon Man posted:

Is the dude also going to spend 1.5k on the orlandu banner because lol that many lapis on this one

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
I can't quite fathom having the disposable income to shove $1500 into a gacha game in a single day instead of just eating and drinking expensive poo poo instead, or buying all the games. I guess gambling addiction is a bitch, huh.

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

Vax posted:

Holy poo poo this cringefest was painful to even fast forward through. Had he only charged his account with 50k Lapis he wouldve gotten her on 50k spent. The algorithm just said gimme your 250k Lapis and so it did. :shrug:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zoDefMq24OE

He's a money hating whale that will burn it all on the next banner , might as well buy it all now.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Dias posted:

I can't quite fathom having the disposable income to shove $1500 into a gacha game in a single day instead of just eating and drinking expensive poo poo instead, or buying all the games. I guess gambling addiction is a bitch, huh.

I can. And I still wouldn't do it. Excluding the monitor, that's about how much I spent to build my PC last summer and unlike a dumb gacha game the PC's going to be seeing heavy use for the next 4-5 years.

Gacha games honestly should be subject to US gambling laws, or something similar, at the very least.

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Another solid few banners behind pull...
daily: Snow #1
1 ticket: Mercedez #2

Also I'd be nowhere without goon whales, but it sure is nice to pick a friend without dual-wield sometimes so I can hit auto and grind stuff 2 seconds faster.

Benthalus
Jul 5, 2002

Clearly these are the altered rules going through his mind:

1. Always pull.
2. Never not pull.

The only money I've spent on this game has been to purchase the $50 Christmas 10k lapis bundle. I've used all of it TMR macro farming, and can say without a doubt that I am far happier than if I'd blown that on two 11-pulls. Granted, I did pull Noctis on a single ticket from the bundle, but even had I not, the TMRs I've collected so far (DWx 2, DC, Excalibur, Power of Creation) would significantly enhance my team. My CoD alone was dropping Dark Fina's health by 20% each round with barrage.

I think the known reward of the TMR is much more satisfying than the gamble of a unit pull. From now on, no more spending money for me, just tickets on pulls and free lapis on TMR farming.

Edit: Holy poo poo, I just watched that video. I don't even have words. I was awkwardly laughing every time he got all excited about a rainbow only to be trolled (especially by a 4* unit), then cringing to think he was just blowing through about $40 every few seconds. I think I intellectually understood the whale mindset prior to this, but now I understand it on gut-wrenching emotional level.

I will definitely not be spending any more money on this game or any game.

Benthalus fucked around with this message at 18:28 on Jan 7, 2017

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Like, TMRs are a grind, but they can easily make a team end-game ready if you get the right ones (DW and DC, mostly). DW on a bunch of base 3* or 4* actually catches them up to Main DPS level, DC isn't as essential but it makes a Refia or a Cecil into these support beasts, and you'll have enough Shantottos to make your Dual Black Magic mates wreck poo poo. It's what makes going F2P somewhat viable even with the lovely gacha rates, and I'll take lovely rates if you don't feel SUPER gimped without dumping money at the game.

Also chances are you'll draw a 5* base eventually if you keep pulling, and most 5* DPS are pretty beast.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

KDdidit posted:

Also I'd be nowhere without goon whales, but it sure is nice to pick a friend without dual-wield sometimes so I can hit auto and grind stuff 2 seconds faster.

Silently puts twin-lance in the second slot

Palleon
Aug 11, 2003

I've got a hot deal on a bridge to the Pegasus Galaxy!
Grimey Drawer
Did my first run at ELT Fina this morning. Her damage was bad but manageable, what wiped me when she still had 40% of her health remaining was Fenrirs Noctis getting confused and soloing my entire party before I could cast comeback.

Grimalkin
Oct 2, 2008

m.hache posted:

https://www.reddit.com/r/FFBraveExvius/comments/55f44k/lets_talk_nox_macros/?sort=new

Dark Fina down in 2 rounds. GrimSA, your Noctis is a beast with 805 ATK. My Elza is starting to destroy since I put Dual Wield and a Gungnir on her. Still only floating around 500ish ATK though, but mostly because she has Diabolos on her.

:toot:

I've got a couple of inactive goons I could punt if anyone else needs the beast.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Macro engaged. Its going to take forever with my piss poor energy reserves and no way am I going to pay for refreshes do to my low base rank. I wish I could just pay the 10k lapiz to get the full set TMs

Seriously sell a ultra moogle for 2k once a month or something you'll get tons of money gumi

Cao Ni Ma fucked around with this message at 19:19 on Jan 7, 2017

Yunvespla
Jan 21, 2016
I'm pretty new at this game but after poking around on other forums I realize how rare it is that I got Luka and Dark Fina off my only two tickets I've used in the past few days. My first rainbow pulls :D

Now my noobish team is Bartz, Dark Fina, Luka, Cloud of Darkness and Charlotte. Bartz and the baes.

also what is a "whale mindset" from a few posts above?

Yunvespla
Jan 21, 2016
Ok, after watching that video, I guess I'm REALLY lucky to have gotten them both. Holy poo poo! I'm pretty stoked.

Vax
Dec 29, 2011

delicious!

cosmicprank posted:

Ok, after watching that video, I guess I'm REALLY lucky to have gotten them both. Holy poo poo! I'm pretty stoked.

You are indeed very lucky yes. Probably a good idea to buy a lottery ticket right now.

To be fair he was rolling under expected value by a huge margin. Gumi says you have a 50% on-banner chance to get the unit out of a Rainbow. This guy got 9 Rainbows and basically lost 8 coinflips in a row. If I'm not mistaken that's a 0,40% chance to happen or in other words on his 8th Rainbow he missed he had a 99,60% chance to hit. That's just bonkers.

After the Orlandu banner and a couple of long time whales blasting through 250-300k+ Lapis the cryout for the crystal summon change like they did in JP will be massive. I'm kinda wondering how it's not already happening on their FB or reddit to be honest.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Yeah that video pretty much should be used against Gumi to get their poo poo sorted out in regards to the pulls. There is 0 reason to not have the pull dynamics be the same with the japanese version. There isn't something more hosed up than getting a rainbow crystal and it be a loving vanille or rosa.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Gumi ain't gonna do poo poo as long as the money keeps rolling in.

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

Cartoon Man posted:

If this sounds like a weird outlier, I did some quick math on this. If base 5 is about 0.5% (1% rainbow, so lets say half of those), and of those 0.5%, 0.2% on the banner is Dark Fina, then the odds of striking out after 600 summons is 30.1%. You can expect to get it on average after 300 pulls, but it is not weird to get it within 3 11-pulls (6.4% chance given above assumptions) and it is ALSO not weird to not get it after 600.

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

All sensitivity has long ago atrophied
Does the friend summon banner ever change, or should I just smoke em if I got em?

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Friend banner sometimes gets cactuars and other junk added to it, so Im just waiting for one of those to dump all the points

Vax
Dec 29, 2011

delicious!

hagie posted:

Does the friend summon banner ever change, or should I just smoke em if I got em?

General consensus is to not let any friend points go to waste because there are solid TMs hidden in those rare friend banner units. Like Dragon/Stone/Aquan Killer and Sunbeam and Camouflage. Personally I just got one of each and now just keep the Killer ones. The rest I just sell off.

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

All sensitivity has long ago atrophied
I had 10 saved up, and after I posted said "screw it" and rolled.

Trash.

Cost too much to use them to enhance too...

2 of some blm
2 of some bard
2 of Rizer?
and the other 4 I don't remember

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

First, let your friend points accumulate until it hits the cap, the game will warn you when you get to that point. Then do 4-5 ten pulls. Sell all the poo poo units with poo poo TMs, you can get like 90,000 gill for doing so. Merge the useful TMs, any of the -killers or the dude with HP +10%.

Then repeat.

Eventually we get an event once a quarter where you can get bonus cactaurs with a friend point summon. That's when you go all in. Then let it build up again for the next one.

Mrit SA
Nov 11, 2016

by Lowtax
My Noctis is almost one of the big boys! In celebration of hitting 697 ATK, I purged my friend list of people who haven't logged in for a month and Shantottos, and I welcome all goons to send me an invite. No account too new, no friend unit too weak!

Yunvespla
Jan 21, 2016

Vax posted:

You are indeed very lucky yes. Probably a good idea to buy a lottery ticket right now.

Haha, drat. Maybe I'll get a few scratchers. For real, I never get lucky like this in games, never got poo poo in Puzzles and Dragons.

Is my team decent for a noob team? All my units seem to be at least A+ by most rankings. (it's Bartz, Dark Fina, Luka, Cloud of Darkness, Charlotte).

Yunvespla
Jan 21, 2016

Mrit SA posted:

My Noctis is almost one of the big boys! In celebration of hitting 697 ATK, I purged my friend list of people who haven't logged in for a month and Shantottos, and I welcome all goons to send me an invite. No account too new, no friend unit too weak!

Cool, I added you. I'll set my Dark Fina as leader, probably gonna be a while til I'm a useful helper but if anyone else would like to be friends, I have a lot of slots still.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vax
Dec 29, 2011

delicious!

cosmicprank posted:

Haha, drat. Maybe I'll get a few scratchers. For real, I never get lucky like this in games, never got poo poo in Puzzles and Dragons.

Is my team decent for a noob team? All my units seem to be at least A+ by most rankings. (it's Bartz, Dark Fina, Luka, Cloud of Darkness, Charlotte).

Yes. It's the reason why people reroll to cash in those early pulls you get on fresh accounts. Just keep your account and be happy with it however bad your pulls are getting from this point on.

Look at it this way. I'm playing since September and haven't gotten a single Rainbow yet. Guessing I'm 300-350 pulls in with all those Dailies and tickets but can't tell for sure. I only did 1x 11 pull once and it was decent tho.

• Locked thread