Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Jables88 posted:

Bizarrely, each Prime game is worse than the previous one.

Yeah, but if Prime is a 10, then the worst you can say about Echoes and Corruption was that they were a 9 and a 8.5. It's not like Corruption was this horrible downgrade that doesn't deserved to be played.

Jables88 posted:

(there's even one bit where other solders help you fight by placing C4 charges or something).

That was a fun bit though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
I liked corruption the best because the general lack of backtracking or the game wasting my time. The mechanics were implemented seamlessly and a lot of things like travel became more convenient.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

Electromax posted:

Metroid Yarn Prime, hmmmm....

If the phazon continues to spread it may begin to affect the very fabric of reality.

OldSenileGuy
Mar 13, 2001
Corruption has it's issues, but it was better than Echoes.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

OldSenileGuy posted:

Echoes is kinda weird in that it's way better after you've played through it once. I like it a lot more than Corruption but it does have the worst artifact hunt

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

OldSenileGuy posted:

Yeah, Echoes is absolute trash in nearly every way.

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.
Retro needs to make a collaboration with ID and make a Doom/Metroid crossover.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
They should do something new with Metroid. Like a dating game, or Mahjong.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
I hope GoodFeel is making another Yarn/Wool game. Assuming that only a small division tackled the new Streetpass games, then they would have had a year and a half already working on something else, which could mean a new game this or next year.

I'd dig Felt Metroid, or Matte Wario.

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.
I hope Good Feel can make another hand-animated game like Wario Land: Shake It, that has to be one of the most gorgeous games I've ever seen

Cicadas!
Oct 27, 2010

Alfalfa The Roach posted:

I hope Good Feel can make another hand-animated game like Wario Land: Shake It, that has to be one of the most gorgeous games I've ever seen

I'm changing my vote, I want another good feel Wario Land. Sorry Feltroid.

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.

Alfalfa The Roach posted:

I loved Wario Land: Shake It's animation and art design, it was all really distinctly Wario, which in itself was over-the-top and cartoonish. And also it brought us this gem:

I would love to see a hand-animated game like it again but with a different franchise, maybe even for something unexpected that they've never tried alternative art styles for.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
I ended up driving around to a few Best Buys and other stores clearing out Christmas gift cards. The Nintendo sections are devastated. Nothing in the case (3DS or Wii U) and the games are in a small section. Plenty of $50 classic controllers though. The Lego Dimensions shelf was also bare but they have everything on sale for half off.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

s.i.r.e. posted:

It's good and the only one of the Prime series to present an actual challenge. If the ammo system has been implemented better/wasn't there I'd prefer it to the first one.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

s.i.r.e. posted:

Jfc

Boost guardian isn't that bad, even on hard

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Theta Zero posted:

Would buy in a heartbeat

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

s.i.r.e. posted:

I too think in terms of absolute black and white

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Dehry posted:

I ended up driving around to a few Best Buys and other stores clearing out Christmas gift cards. The Nintendo sections are devastated. Nothing in the case (3DS or Wii U) and the games are in a small section. Plenty of $50 classic controllers though. The Lego Dimensions shelf was also bare but they have everything on sale for half off.

Yeah giant bomb were saying that stores have seen like 3 3ds' come into stock for the past few months in total

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Real hurthling! posted:

Yeah giant bomb were saying that stores have seen like 3 3ds' come into stock for the past few months in total

looks like it's time for 3DS owners to make a "switch" to the Switch!

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
I'm excited for the Switch and for playing it at home and never using it as a portable because with the joycons and poo poo how portable can it possibly be

Hopefully they release a handsome carrying case and screen protector.

anatomi
Jan 31, 2015

Echoes' the best of the bunch. Also, Feltdroid? That's lame. Now, Claydroid on the other hand...

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

anatomi posted:

Echoes' the best of the bunch. Also, Feltdroid? That's lame. Now, Claydroid on the other hand...

Knitdroid

Peewi
Nov 8, 2012

Theta Zero posted:

Samus doing glory kills on space pirates would be cool.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

bef posted:

I too think in terms of absolute black and white

I sometimes do that, but not always.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Echoes environments are cool, the swamp area and the initial dusty bug desert place feel organic and weird in a very Super Metroid way. They're not as pretty as Prime's better areas but I dig them. And the super tech tower is cool and looks great. It stumbles a bit with the ammo and dark world integration, which feels too much like them flailing to mix things up for a sequel, and the Ing are lame as hell.

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

i mean tbqh the only metroid game i would even be slightly tempted by in tyol 2017, where all adults game on PCs, is Fusion 2, the non-existence of which is frankly criminal

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
I love how Nintendo had the gumption to make Samus an outlaw but don't want to follow through with it. But at least games since then have expanded on what exactly the Federation is

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Yes I sure am glad that we get to see more of the deep Metroid lore.

RVWinkle
Aug 24, 2004

In relating the circumstances which have led to my confinement within this refuge for the demented, I am aware that my present position will create a natural doubt of the authenticity of my narrative.
Nap Ghost

Calibanibal posted:

i mean tbqh the only metroid game i would even be slightly tempted by in tyol 2017, where all adults game on PCs, is Fusion 2, the non-existence of which is frankly criminal

I'd like to see a remake of Super Metroid like how Zero Mission was an enhancement of the original Metroid. Maybe something like what they did with Link Between Worlds.

Cyron
Mar 10, 2014

by zen death robot

RVWinkle posted:

I'd like to see a remake of Super Metroid like how Zero Mission was an enhancement of the original Metroid. Maybe something like what they did with Link Between Worlds.

Can i sneck in to say that Link Between Worlds is the best zelda game indecades? like it everything that i love about gaming, it is a game made for the system itself, a gimmick for puzzles that is not poo poo, money in the game is useful. it had balls for making a zelda game where you don't get weapons from the dungeons. i love it and the idea of doing something like that with metriod make me shoot out baby cream out of my love stick.

but i would love to see the splatoon team make a new metriod, a new generation of game devs given the rights of metriod is better then just getting another prime game.

Cyron fucked around with this message at 04:48 on Jan 8, 2017

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

okay buddy

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

TF2 HAT MINING RIG posted:

The Baby

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Federation Force is okay.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Cyron posted:

the idea of doing something like that with metriod make me shoot out baby cream out of my love stick.

*nodding* Cool. Cool.

Cyron
Mar 10, 2014

by zen death robot

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Federation Force is okay.

it was fine but it should of been announced around a wii u metriod game. like i am sure it far better then hunters but at least it came out in middle of a block of good metriod games and not 7 years after the worst one.

if during the direct they announced metriod U and then announce this in their big treehouse stream i am sure it announcement won't have manchildren calling world leaders to cancel the game.

Cyron fucked around with this message at 05:20 on Jan 8, 2017

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
For what it's worth, it's pretty safe to bet there won't be an EU/PAL delay on getting the Switch released. Level 4 EB members in Australia got to enter a competition for a chance to win invites to go try the Switch in an exclusive demo event on the 15th of January.

And I didn't win, dammit! :rant:

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

I'm the person who loves scanning

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

Looper posted:

I love how Nintendo had the gumption to make Samus an outlaw but don't want to follow through with it. But at least games since then have expanded on what exactly the Federation is

Can you imagine Samus as an outlaw though? An outlaw star with nobody but a ship to talk to?

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Can't wait for Overwatch Switch version starring Zero Suit Samus.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cyron
Mar 10, 2014

by zen death robot

Can't wait for Overwatch Switch version starring Zero Suit Samus.

so samus will be the first gay nintendo charater?

• Locked thread