Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

1k regen :stare: Is that the sort of amount you need for an RF build or something?

Still been wondering if I want to do an RF build but it seems like it would be a little dull, and maybe impossible to use on some content?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text
I'm an explosive arrow pathfinder and I don't use life flasks. I use onslaught flasks with increased duration and quicksilver flasks with defense mods and duration. I'll bring a life flask with me for lower/no regen maps.

I just really like regen. I'm certain it's overkill, but it's fun to blink arrow away from some danger with zero life and see your health skyrocket back up in a few seconds :D

Serenade
Nov 5, 2011

"I should really learn to fucking read"

Ciaphas posted:

1k regen :stare: Is that the sort of amount you need for an RF build or something?

Still been wondering if I want to do an RF build but it seems like it would be a little dull, and maybe impossible to use on some content?

At fire resist 87% (Rise of the Phoenix, Barbarism, level 17+ Purity of Fire), you need 11% max hp regen per second. 1k regen could sustain over 10k max hp.

I've got a level 77 Life RF build at 7,280 max and 1,071 regen per second. I dig it but also I like awful gimmick builds and I watch while playing poe.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Can anyone recommend an extremely lazy minion build, I'm ideally doing nothing while my minions rampage through enemies

Zaekkor
May 12, 2010

Oh, let's break it down!

Thom P. Tiers posted:

You have +180 life on your gear. :stare: Get more, a lot more. And cap your resists. How much total life do you have?

Like, I have a Kaom's Heart, and not even including that, I still have +575 life from gear.

Yeah only 4.8k life. I figured that was probably it. I don't know how to cap resists higher than they are. I have 76 (125) listed for fire for example..so I thought I was over capped. Guess I'm wrong. Additionally high life resist gear with other useful mods are expensive...this is all I could afford so far. :( That's why I mentioned the map issue..haven't had much dropping.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Zaekkor posted:

No idea how to join the guild.. the information in the OP has to be outdated because I tried to pm the person that is listed and it said that username does not exist. Should I just ask in Discord?

Post your ingame name and I will invite you when I wake up tomorrow, unless someone else invites you before then.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Zaekkor posted:

Yeah only 4.8k life. I figured that was probably it. I don't know how to cap resists higher than they are. I have 76 (125) listed for fire for example..so I thought I was over capped. Guess I'm wrong. Additionally high life resist gear with other useful mods are expensive...this is all I could afford so far. :( That's why I mentioned the map issue..haven't had much dropping.

Are those resist numbers in your hideout? Cruel comes with a 30% resist malus and Merciless with a 60%. Your hideout is considered to be Normal difficulty so you need to make sure you're in a Merciless hub when checking stats.

Also, maps with Elemental Weakness are a 34% malus so you need a grand total of 169% resist all to be able to handle that.

(And, as I've recently gotten through my skull, going from 74 to 75% resist is a Big Deal compared to 0 to 1%, so consider how much extra damage you take from being at 65 :v:

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

As though out of nowhere I want to do a selfcast Flameblast character and I don't know why. Most endgame bosses are immune to ignite, right? Or at least enough of them to be a pain? (e: or maybe I'm just thinking of Shock and Frozen/Chill, I dunno)

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

Ciaphas posted:

Are those resist numbers in your hideout? Cruel comes with a 30% resist malus and Merciless with a 60%. Your hideout is considered to be Normal difficulty so you need to make sure you're in a Merciless hub when checking stats.

Also, maps with Elemental Weakness are a 34% malus so you need a grand total of 169% resist all to be able to handle that.

(And, as I've recently gotten through my skull, going from 74 to 75% resist is a Big Deal compared to 0 to 1%, so consider how much extra damage you take from being at 65 :v:

Cruel is a -20% hit, not -30%.

Ciaphas posted:

As though out of nowhere I want to do a selfcast Flameblast character and I don't know why. Most endgame bosses are immune to ignite, right? Or at least enough of them to be a pain? (e: or maybe I'm just thinking of Shock and Frozen/Chill, I dunno)

Argus, Atziri, and the Phoenix guardians I believe are the only ones.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

I guess for those three an igniting flameblaster would just be slower, not actually undoable. Neat.

Funny, I start a SR CWC WI character yesterday, talk about it this morning and now I'm off to something else. Don't understand why that's the fun part of the game to me but I guess it must be considering how often I do it. :shobon:

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

So I had a Crystal Belt drop the other day.

Last night while I was buzzed, extremely tired and extremely hungry I spent something like 70c just rerolling mods on it. I even spammed the last 20c just because I could. Wasn't even tilted or anything - just felt like blowing through all of the currency I hadn't wasted on fusings. 10/10 would do it again

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

fennesz posted:

So I had a Crystal Belt drop the other day.

Last night while I was buzzed, extremely tired and extremely hungry I spent something like 70c just rerolling mods on it. I even spammed the last 20c just because I could. Wasn't even tilted or anything - just felt like blowing through all of the currency I hadn't wasted on fusings. 10/10 would do it again

Sometime's it's good to feel an empire crumble.

I've got a Belly of the Beast with decent stats and six sockets I've been trying to fully link for actual days now. It's just sitting there, dead centre in my currency tab, drinking up all of my orbs of fusing and laughing.

Zaekkor
May 12, 2010

Oh, let's break it down!

Ciaphas posted:

I check in merciless and know I'm 75+ in all, but the parenthesis totals I may be misremembering. I'll check when I get home.

Edit: Ok checked in Merc..I was wrong I am at the following:

So I guess just farm the poo poo out of some T6/7/8 maps until I can afford better life/res gear?

TheRat posted:

Post your ingame name and I will invite you when I wake up tomorrow, unless someone else invites you before then.

Zaekkarr..am at work though will be on around 9pm EST

Zaekkor fucked around with this message at 03:40 on Jan 7, 2017

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't

tithin posted:

Can anyone recommend an extremely lazy minion build, I'm ideally doing nothing while my minions rampage through enemies

If you don't mind holding right click, SRS has been really lazy to me; poo poo out a bunch of spirits and everything dies.

If you want more passive where zombies/spectres destroy everything, not sure :)

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
Peak lazy summoner is the golem build, but it's expensive due to the cost of the jewels. Once you get it going though all you do is run around picking up loot, cast Flesh Offering, Vaal Haste/Disc and sometimes Convocation.

Duct Tape
Sep 30, 2004

Huh?

TheRat posted:

I'd also like a guild invite, if you're able to hand them out/there's room available. Character's name is Adylinn

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde

Zaekkor posted:

Zaekkarr..am at work though will be on around 9pm EST

Duct Tape posted:

I'd also like a guild invite, if you're able to hand them out/there's room available. Character's name is Adylinn

Invites sent.

Zaekkor
May 12, 2010

Oh, let's break it down!

Bugsy posted:

Invites sent.

Cool thanks I will be on soon

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

Somfin posted:

Sometime's it's good to feel an empire crumble.

I've got a Belly of the Beast with decent stats and six sockets I've been trying to fully link for actual days now. It's just sitting there, dead centre in my currency tab, drinking up all of my orbs of fusing and laughing.

Yep I have one of those too. Spent 900 jeweler's just to loving 6 socket the thing :stare:

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
I feel like one of my last grips with the game is the RNG needed to 6 socket anything, I'd like it much if there was a 1 in 1000 chance instead of closer to 1 in 1500.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

I feel like one of my last grips with the game is the RNG needed to 6 socket anything, I'd like it much if there was a 1 in 1000 chance instead of closer to 1 in 1500.

Or if you could just spend shittons on a thing to guarantee it.

JawnV6
Jul 4, 2004

So hot ...

whypick1 posted:

Fire nodes benefit SR too. It's not your primary damage dealer, true.
Guild chat taught me that the Icestorm is cast at your mouse pointer regardless if the beam is there or not, since then I haven't really been trying to get the beam on monsters :shobon:

Kild posted:

fire would scale your ignites while cold wouldn't.
Ahh, ok.

Thanks!

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
Yeah one of the benefits of cwc is your mana cheap primary skill acts as a debuffer and your payload is what chunks.

Or you go mathil double bf and both parts chunk.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

My chest setup so far is Vaal Disc-Inc Dur-Faster Casting. Considering putting CWDT-IC on it (using Warlord's Mark); does that sound like a good idea? Does mean I'll have to get 3r on an ES chest, possibly 6l if I want a second VD, and might have to do it again if I upgrade.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Jusupov posted:

Reddit had a post about it being a bunch of guys or a clan doing price fixing. See if you can buy any of those 61c exalts

Link?

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

It's not 1 in 1500 it's like 1 in 300. Vorici force 6 socket is 350 jewlers and his prices are always a bit above the average it takes to manually do something. Your luck is just super poo poo it seems.

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

It was dumb speculation a couple of days ago

Can't even brick this poo poo to make me stop playing this league

Jinnigan
Feb 12, 2007

We shall pay him a visit. There will be a picnic. Tea shall be served.
ZiggyD just made a slick Raider HoWA/ST build video so expect those HoWA gear prices to skyrocket!

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

Holyshoot posted:

It's not 1 in 1500 it's like 1 in 300. Vorici force 6 socket is 350 jewlers and his prices are always a bit above the average it takes to manually do something. Your luck is just super poo poo it seems.

I mean 6 link something, 6 socket has always been pretty easy.

I have dumped thousands of fusings into body armor every league and never get above a 5 link.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
I like having a huge stash of bullshit on standard. I tested two different builds earlier and decided they were both garbage, saving me considerable headache.

Khako
Dec 24, 2008

Lee #61

Jinnigan posted:

ZiggyD just made a slick Raider HoWA/ST build video so expect those HoWA gear prices to skyrocket!

Mathil made a video for a HOWA build a couple of weeks ago. HoWA prices are already high.

J
Jun 10, 2001

Vasudus posted:

I like having a huge stash of bullshit on standard. I tested two different builds earlier and decided they were both garbage, saving me considerable headache.

Same here, I've got enough characters and bullshit now on standard to create test versions of builds I am thinking of trying before actually wasting all the time and currency leveling and gearing it from scratch on the challenge league. Really quite handy.

Grammaton
Feb 3, 2004
Cleric
I should try that, do a LL SRS max block build on standard to see if it works well.

psy.Che
Feb 23, 2011
Can someone please help me with an estimate what these are worth in BSC? I found very few similar ones with a minimum price of 5.7 Ex.

pork never goes bad
May 16, 2008

I used to really hate 6L rarity as a casual. I played from whatever the league before Domination was until now, but rarely sinking enough time into a league to 6L until after they introduced the corrupted 6L mechanic. Now I can typically afford a good 5L unique or rare, or a sorta OK 6L corrupted. It's a good trade-off. I'm still gated out of content and gear by playtime, but far fewer builds are just unplayable now - some really need a 6L and with the corrupted ones it's opened my play space up a lot. Though this and last league I've played more efficiently so I've accrued a few exalts and maybe not quite had that problem.

bummer cars
Apr 3, 2009
Does anyone have a build for vortex Chieftain? Googling didn't show too much. Do all vortex builds use Pyre, I wanted to use two Kaoms Ways.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

You could use Avatar of Fire (passive) with Cold to Fire (gem) or Realm Ender (really awesome upgraded unique staff that has CtF gem built-in) for 100% conversion without Pyre.

rawk cawk
Jun 19, 2002

Planimal is great.
Sure okay

Now to go build a money tower like Scrooge

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

bummer cars posted:

Does anyone have a build for vortex Chieftain? Googling didn't show too much. Do all vortex builds use Pyre, I wanted to use two Kaoms Ways.

They can also use Hrimburn but that'd waste a lot of the fire damage bonuses of Chieftain.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

rawk cawk posted:

Sure okay

Now to go build a money tower like Scrooge

Two things:

1. gently caress
2. YOU!

• Locked thread