Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Demp
Nov 5, 2003

GLORIOUS
Hey Invalid Validation there's now a spot open in LLJK if you still want in. Just send a request to the team (jut search for LLJK) and post your Supercard name in here so I'll know who you are and we'll get you in there before the next team event starts!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
Could you keep me in mind for the next open LLJK spot? Thanks!

Demp
Nov 5, 2003

GLORIOUS

triplexpac posted:

Could you keep me in mind for the next open LLJK spot? Thanks!

Absolutely!

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Demp posted:

Hey Invalid Validation there's now a spot open in LLJK if you still want in. Just send a request to the team (jut search for LLJK) and post your Supercard name in here so I'll know who you are and we'll get you in there before the next team event starts!

Thanks and requested name is Gesten.

Never mind I don't meet the deck requirements.

Invalid Validation fucked around with this message at 00:51 on Jan 3, 2017

Popoi
Jul 23, 2000

triplexpac posted:

So I started playing Supercard again for some dumb reason. Did everyone get handed a Legendary Rusev card at some point? He's in every match I have
Legendary Rusev was the 5-day login bonus for last month. I came back to Supercard mid-month and had similar issues with Survivor D-von until I got one and a few other things to get my deck in ok shape.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you

Popoi posted:

Legendary Rusev was the 5-day login bonus for last month. I came back to Supercard mid-month and had similar issues with Survivor D-von until I got one and a few other things to get my deck in ok shape.

Yeah Survivor D-Von is another one I'm seeing a lot of.

Luckily I have a bunch of cards saved from my last time playing, so it's not a huge deal. Just funny seeing the same cards in every match.

Is it worth playing the Royal Rumble or MITB modes? Seems like a ton of grinding

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

triplexpac posted:

Yeah Survivor D-Von is another one I'm seeing a lot of.

Luckily I have a bunch of cards saved from my last time playing, so it's not a huge deal. Just funny seeing the same cards in every match.

Is it worth playing the Royal Rumble or MITB modes? Seems like a ton of grinding

Always be doing money in the bank, the points carry over month to month so you can save up and get a pair of whatever card will really help your deck. Royal Rumble is just worth it if you like it, all you get out of it are board picks and eventually different backs for your cards.

Hoss Corncave
Feb 13, 2012
Yakuza 6 isn't the only game getting New Japan stuff:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yHWakqomVQo

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy

triplexpac posted:

As mentioned, MitB is really useful because it's one of the few ways you can guarantee getting cards that will significantly strengthen your deck

Royal Rumble is pretty optional, especially if you're in lower tiers. When I started playing it, there were a fair amount of free wins at low ratings, and it's a pretty good investment to beat up a bunch of Uncommons and Rares in exchange for 12 draft picks, but once you hit a decent rating you'll start getting matched with people who actually pose a challenge. At that point, it's only worth it if one of the lower card back rewards really appeals to you - I'm currently all in on grinding for the Cena ones, but once I finish those up I'm probably gonna take a break from RR at least until the reward reset

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you
Playing more Supercard... did the Authority actually cut promos threatening to "bury" people? Or are the game devs in on the joke? cause this made me laugh

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

Is it handsome in here, or is it just me?

Not sure exactly but the devs definitely know. Pretty sure one of the things Trips says if you lose is that you aren't as good as you think you are.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

triplexpac posted:

Playing more Supercard... did the Authority actually cut promos threatening to "bury" people? Or are the game devs in on the joke? cause this made me laugh

I think the closest they got was Steph in her Tina Turner leather queen gear at WM.

Though we might hear it if they go hard on the 'Bayley as Daniel Bryan' angle.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

no crowd noise in universe mode in 2k17. if anything, gotta give 2k props for being innovative with their game ruining glitches.

Manic_Misanthrope
Jul 1, 2010

its me glenda posted:

no crowd noise in universe mode in 2k17. if anything, gotta give 2k props for being innovative with their game ruining glitches.

If there was nothing but the odd CM Punk chant i'd chalk it up to being realistic

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

triplexpac posted:

HHH said it once building to his WM30 match with Bryan.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Manic_Misanthrope posted:

If there was nothing but the odd CM Punk chant i'd chalk it up to being realistic

I was gonna say, just sounds like Raw to me.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you
Does anyone have any tips to bidding wars in TEW 16? I feel like it's up to chance sometimes... I'll be bidding, my opponent will counter bid, then even if the game says my offer is ahead, they go ahead and sign with the competition.

I wish there was a final "WWF offered me X, will you beat it? If not I'm signing with them"

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

You gotta play with the perks to win those. There's a few perks right off the bat that might not even affect your game depending on how you play. You can offer no "no compete" clause and promise not to book them to house shows or B shows and that alone can win them over even if you had no intention of using them that way. Then there's hiring veto, creative control, ppv bonus, wage matching, signing bonus. If you're getting beat despite matching wage its probably because the other company is offering perks. You just gotta match that or find some combo to beat it.

If you're doing all that and still can't win its probably a company prestige thing. At some point you lose people to WWE because they're WWE.

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

triplexpac posted:

Does anyone have any tips to bidding wars in TEW 16? I feel like it's up to chance sometimes... I'll be bidding, my opponent will counter bid, then even if the game says my offer is ahead, they go ahead and sign with the competition.

I wish there was a final "WWF offered me X, will you beat it? If not I'm signing with them"

My plan usually just involved shoving money in a cannon and launching at prospective hires.
Just make sure you make the offer high enough that they say 'I will very likely consider signing with you unless a better offer comes along'. If you're having a problem at that point then color me surprised because that just hasn't happened to me.
I very rarely incentivize, at most I'd offer older workers a reduced schedule ('A' shows and above) but I usually don't sign workers old enough for that to be a problem.
And don't forget that number of years also counts for a lot. A worker might favor a smaller contract with more years tacked onto it.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I don't love giving out incentives (mainly because then I worry about other guys wanting them) but if I'm a middle level promotion who has to actually worry about money I hate giving out super long deals. I can usually win if i max out deals for 4-5 years but now I'm devoting millions to some guy I have one angle idea for and have no idea what to do with him after that. So if keeping him off house shows can help me out there I don't really care about that. But I hate going to the big incentives.

But yeah, you have to pay attention to the lingo. If they're saying "that's a good offer and its one of the ones I'll consider" then its a crap shoot. You need to get to that "I'll accept this if something better doesn't come along" and then pay attention and make sure the other guy doesn't add more. Check that Rival Offers button every day and make sure he's not considering the other guy. If he does, up your deal.

The biggest hassle I get is older wrestlers who I want to sign to work with younger talent who want a reduced schedule. In a lot of cases limiting them to A shows screws my booking plans because I specifically wanted them to work B shows. That's when sometimes I'll throw them an incentive to see if I can win them over.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

The LLJK Supercard group still needs a 10th member before the event starts tomorrow, as far as I can tell.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you

long-rear end nips Diane posted:

The LLJK Supercard group still needs a 10th member before the event starts tomorrow, as far as I can tell.

Oh drat, just seeing this now. I joined some rando team to try and get the bonus. I'll join LLJK after this event, if you guys still need a member

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

its me glenda posted:

Nothing is ever going to change until Yuke's is sacked as the developer.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you
Woops! I was requesting to join LLJK but my deck isn't good enough. I'll keep levelling up!

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I just downloaded super card again and wow my cards are useless. Royal Rumble mode is pretty good.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you

DoctorGonzo posted:

I just downloaded super card again and wow my cards are useless. Royal Rumble mode is pretty good.

I have piles of good S1 cards that are useless. USELESS

Also I thought about pulling on a Summerslam card but lol it's like $30

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

triplexpac posted:

I downloaded the dlc so they have images again.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you

DoctorGonzo posted:

I downloaded the dlc so they have images again.

Same.

I'm playing a 1998 WCW scenario in TEW and I feel like almost every angle I book gets an A* rating. This must be how Bischoff felt before the fall.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

triplexpac posted:

I look at the prices when they're running sales and I have no idea why anyone would spend that kind of cash to pull a random card.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you

long-rear end nips Diane posted:

I look at the prices when they're running sales and I have no idea why anyone would spend that kind of cash to pull a random card.

I joined a Supercard team where people had cards rated like 7-10k, and it blew my mind

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

Apparently 2k17 hits Steam on February 7

TealShark
Mar 22, 2004

I shall duck behind that little garbage car.

Basic Chunnel posted:

Apparently 2k17 hits Steam on February 7

My excitement was killed when I saw DLC wasn't included this year and is an extra season pass add-on. Even with the 15% pre-order discount, it's a tough pill to swallow after the previous two PC releases.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
If you ever wanna get a change of pace with TEW, fantasy mods can be massively entertaining. Diablo X in particular is loving hilarious.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you
Wow, they're not shy about giving out high level cards as log in rewards on Supercard these days. It's like they want you to sandbag or something.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

triplexpac posted:

Wow, they're not shy about giving out high level cards as log in rewards on Supercard these days. It's like they want you to sandbag or something.

It makes playing the game at the tiers I'm at hilariously broken. 99% of the people I'm playing in wrestlemania tier Ring Domination have last month's login rewards and nothing else, so if you play where their good Orton card can't get you there's literally nothing they can do to win.

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails

triplexpac posted:

I always just view the opposing offers and the person's reaction to them. If it says they have no interest in signing or whatever then I figure I'm good, otherwise I'll up mine a little (if I really want them) rather than leaving it to change

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you

Marquis de Pyro posted:

I always just view the opposing offers and the person's reaction to them. If it says they have no interest in signing or whatever then I figure I'm good, otherwise I'll up mine a little (if I really want them) rather than leaving it to change

I do that too, I just feel like I sometimes get sideswiped by the CPU making a better offer before I can even respond. I guess that's business.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you
Can you use Season 1 cards in the Team modes on Supercard? I joined a team and they're saying I can, but I'm not seeing how

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

Is it handsome in here, or is it just me?

triplexpac posted:

Can you use Season 1 cards in the Team modes on Supercard? I joined a team and they're saying I can, but I'm not seeing how

Either misunderstanding or miscommunication. You can use season 2 or 3 cards in all modes. Season 1 is only for Wild mode.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Weird thing that probably proves Yuke's at least need to revise the moveset structure of the WWE games is that they've started putting more versions of signature moves in the games that a character can actually have set. Like, there's 3 different Kinshasha's and Sister Abigail's in the game, and Aries can only do the brainbuster on the floor. The Club have both their double-teams in but because you can only have one tag finisher, you can only do the Magic Killer, and not the Boot of Doom.

Oh, and strangely, the Tye Breaker is a signature, not the finish for Dillinger.