Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Lemon posted:

When I was younger I watched all kinds of horror films without getting scared but for some reason I just couldn't even look at this part of the X-Files opening:

Something about it freaked me the gently caress out.

Looks like Giygas from Earthbound.

Speaking of video games and face, the Guardian from Ultima freaked me out as a kid. I rented the SNES version of VII, and the Guardian giant red face appearing on screen just scared me. Ended up returning it shortly afterwards. Meanwhile now the Guardian looks like a muppet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Lemon posted:

When I was younger I watched all kinds of horror films without getting scared but for some reason I just couldn't even look at this part of the X-Files opening:

When I was really young, I couldn't watch the ending credits to Star Trek without being afraid of running into this unblinking motherfucker...

Dude just flashes up on the screen and it's the last thing you see of the episode.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Yeah his name is Desilu

galagazombie
Oct 31, 2011

A silly little mouse!
Didn't he turn out to just be a baby in disguise or something?

John Yossarian
Aug 24, 2013
The movie Return to Oz really freaked me out in the 80s. It's not a horror movie, but it definitely has some weird scenes. The loving wheelers, man.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

I like that instead of reboots child's play just keeps truckin out a new movie every few years

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

galagazombie posted:

Didn't he turn out to just be a baby in disguise or something?

Not just any baby, baby Clint Howard, if I recall correctly.

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

Phylodox posted:

Not just any baby, baby Clint Howard, if I recall correctly.

The baby is scarier than the alien.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

How is Mermaid grossing that much money

bartok
May 10, 2006

Len posted:

I like that instead of reboots child's play just keeps truckin out a new movie every few years

That last Child's Play movie wasn't horrible. I'm not going to go so far as to recommend the movie but it wasn't unwatchable.

Parasol Prophet
Aug 31, 2012

We Are Best Friends Now.

Lemon posted:

My greatest childhood fear was the X-Files theme song. Not even the opening itself-- I'd be in a completely different room, hear it start playing, and just freak out until my parents muted the television.

Also, I never saw Mars Attacks, but there was a postcard/ad for it in a magazine I was reading once that freaked me out. It showed a kid playing with a dog, but one of the aliens was there shooting a laser at it and turning it into a skeleton while he watched in horror. I refused to believe it was supposed to be a comedy for the longest time.

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

Parasol Prophet posted:

My greatest childhood fear was the X-Files theme song. Not even the opening itself-- I'd be in a completely different room, hear it start playing, and just freak out until my parents muted the television.

Same here, but for Unsolved Mysteries.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Chairman Capone posted:

Unsolved Mysteries was freaky since it was true life. To what extent, no one will ever know. :iiam:

21 Muns
Dec 10, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

The Saddest Rhino posted:

How is Mermaid grossing that much money

It was big in its home country, which was China, and nowhere else. :shrug:

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Chairman Capone posted:

Oh gently caress that creepy rear end show. My mom used to watch it all the drat time. Just the sound of the theme song was enough to keep me from being able to sleep. :argh:

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

21 Muns posted:

It was already pretty clear, but it's now official that Disney had all five of the top five highest grossing films of 2016.

Meanwhile the highest grossing film of 2017 is currently Underworld: Blood Wars. :v:

21 Muns
Dec 10, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Meanwhile the highest grossing film of 2017 is currently Underworld: Blood Wars. :v:

The Great Wall, actually, going by the same standard. Wonder how long it'll stay in the top ten.

EDIT: Actually nevermind this is bullshit

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

21 Muns posted:

The Great Wall, actually, going by the same standard.

Only thanks to the foreign box office gross it earned in markets where it opened in 2016, it's robbing Underworld: Blood Wars of it's rightful place as 2017 #1.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Dexie posted:

Oh gently caress that creepy rear end show. My mom used to watch it all the drat time. Just the sound of the theme song was enough to keep me from being able to sleep. :argh:
I lost a bunch of sleep from this one episode where they suspected this guy had been dissolved in a vat or something. I couldn't wrap my 4 year old mind around their use of a dramatized "re-enaction" of the events they suspected had taken place. In this case it was an unconscious guy being winched into a vat of something, and me trying to get my parents to explain why they hadn't caught these guys if they knew what they looked like as their faces were right there on the screen. Why my parents thought it was ok for me to watch this at age 4 I'll never know.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Only thanks to the foreign box office gross it earned in markets where it opened in 2016, it's robbing Underworld: Blood Wars of it's rightful place as 2017 #1.

yeah i'm genuinely surprised by how well Great Wall is doing. It's still packing screens here and I've read chinese-speaking friends praise the movie for doing something "as good as LOTR."

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

yeah i'm genuinely surprised by how well Great Wall is doing. It's still packing screens here and I've read chinese-speaking friends praise the movie for doing something "as good as LOTR."

Wait Zhang Yimou finally remembered how to make a good movie?

BOGO LOAD
Jul 1, 2004

"You know I always had trouble really chewing the fat with my pops. Just listen to him..."

Chairman Capone posted:

Same here, but for Tales from the Darkside, Night Gallery, and Monsters. Especially Monsters. The Unsolved Mysteries theme, at least now, sounds like a dope Belgian New Beat club track.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

I'll admit it. I'm kind of intrigued by this.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.

TetsuoTW posted:

don't be ridiculous

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Does it lead up to the Wacky Races?

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Rirse posted:

Does it lead up to the Wacky Races?

I'm disappointed in myself for wanting this so badly.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

don't be ridiculous

a man can dream

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

https://youtu.be/qzTOQOdYKwY

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

This hosed me up for years and was the only part that I remembered from that movie.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

JT Smiley posted:

This hosed me up for years and was the only part that I remembered from that movie.

That scene and Clark Kent getting crushed by the car compressor at the junkyard were both gently caress up scenes.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Dexie posted:

I'll admit it. I'm kind of intrigued by this.

Because of how unpolished H-B was?

How it was always a poo poo tier comic show shoveler?

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING

They've done good things with Scooby recently in animation, and I hear the H-B comics are pretty good overall. I could see this leading to decent things.

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Rirse posted:

That scene and Clark Kent getting crushed by the car compressor at the junkyard were both gently caress up scenes.

I really like dark superman with 5oclock shadow getting drunk on whiskey, and when Kent finally chokes him out and he vanishes, the music swells and Kent does the shirt-pull I was all 'gently caress yeah!'

Overcoming your demons in a film for children, who'd a thought it :cool:

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Mystery Inc already did that though. It had an episode where the Scooby Gang went to a convention for mystery solving teens. Jabberjaw, the Funky Phantom, and the talking dune buggy were all there.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.

Will it have a crossover with wwe

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

I instantly hate this but also want to know more.

Lichtenstein
May 31, 2012

It'll make sense, eventually.

Will it have a crossover with wwe

Curse of the Speed Demon has already jumped the shark by substituting wrestling with monster trucks and introducing literal JoJo stands.

So, yeah, I sure hope so.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

TetsuoTW posted:

No it's just chinese people trying to brag about something from chiner.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.

got any sevens posted:

No it's just chinese people trying to brag about something from chiner.

??????

• Locked thread