Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

It's from USA Today. Better quality:

All I'm hearing in my head is Peter Serafinowicz saying, "What a bunch of a-holes."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010
I hope they use transformer-like effects for Cyborg when he's moving, that armour looks like it.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat
I hope there's a scene where they're all sneaking single file a la scooby doo and all the baddies stop and stare because Android's chest light is illuminating the entire fortress.

Throwdown
Sep 4, 2003

Here you go, dummies.
The Flash has a long neck and I'm actually really digging the new Batman armor, just wish it was more grey.

Come to think of it isn't that more armored than the one in the trailer?

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Throwdown posted:

Come to think of it isn't that more armored than the one in the trailer?

It looks heavily inspired by Arkham Knight.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Besides Superman bring the inevitable #6 whenever he resurrects I'm assuming #7 will be GL either to setup the future movie or come from it. But I'm kind of guessing that the 5 they're showing are just the ones Batman can gather from Lex's files but GL will interject himself in whatever space threat they fight the same way Wonder Woman did mid movie.

That makes an appropriate 7 person league, even with no J'onn.

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

He has his BvS outfit, and then presumably at some point he goes "okay, poo poo's gotten out of hand here, I'm gonna need something a little tougher" and has that thing.

The goggles look hilarious.

I'd guess they're winding up for a trailer soon if they're putting out this image. Gonna assume the ramp is going to lower and there's going to be that shot of them all in line before the title, and the button will be a shot of Superman waking up or appearing evil or some poo poo.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

One thing I really liked about Dawn of Justice was the implication that Batman had been active for decades but because he was just dealing with criminals and loonies in Gotham everyone outside of Gotham either had no idea or talked about him like some urban legend or random whackjob. It wasn't until Superman that poo poo got serious and Batman entered the major leagues so now he's gotta upgrade everything.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

The Cameo posted:

God, I totally glanced past that. Looks like Nite Owl.

UmOk
Aug 3, 2003
He had goggle in his weird dream right?

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

They were more like ski goggles, rather than something they grabbed from the Watchmen movie's wardrobe:

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

Timby posted:

I kinda hope Zack continues to find increasingly weird ways to reference back to that movie with every capeflick he makes. He's definitely making a run of it so far.

Throwdown
Sep 4, 2003

Here you go, dummies.
Man, The Flash looks bad, everything looks misshapen and the wrong size, his torso, his legs, his neck, his shoulders...

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I've never been a big fan of armored Batman, but that looks pretty good.

Here's hoping we get a Neal Adams style blue suit for the solo Batman film.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

The Cameo posted:

He has his BvS outfit, and then presumably at some point he goes "okay, poo poo's gotten out of hand here, I'm gonna need something a little tougher" and has that thing.

I'd guess they're winding up for a trailer soon if they're putting out this image. Gonna assume the ramp is going to lower and there's going to be that shot of them all in line before the title, and the button will be a shot of Superman waking up or appearing evil or some poo poo.

They look like built-in "Deal with it" glasses.

wyoming
Jun 7, 2010

Like a television
tuned to a dead channel.

Throwdown posted:

Man, The Flash looks bad, everything looks misshapen and the wrong size, his torso, his legs, his neck, his shoulders...

He's just skinny.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Throwdown posted:

Agreed. The Flash doesn't look imo. Also Cyborg and Aquaman are poor choices next to John Stewart GL and Martian Manhunter.

I hope JL3 is I Can't Beieve it's Justice League

Proposition Joe
Oct 8, 2010

He was a good man
Both the Flash and Cyborg look like poo poo.

I do not know why they chose to put The Flash in super armor, as far as I know the Flash has never worn armor as it makes no sense to put a character that goes fast in a heavy and burdensome costume.

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

wyoming posted:

He's just skinny.

Yeah, Ezra Miller weighs about as much as a photograph of Ezra Miller

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

Proposition Joe posted:

I do not know why they chose to put The Flash in super armor, as far as I know the Flash has never worn armor as it makes no sense to put a character that goes fast in a heavy and burdensome costume.

There's a fan theory/hope that this is like a temporary "this is literally the only material we have on hand that doesn't vaporize as soon as Flash moves fast" kind of thing and that he has something sleeker for most of the story. Either way it looks real poor.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

Timby posted:

It's all crap. Who needs all this hardware to catch mercenaries and human traffickers?

The Cameo posted:

I kinda hope Zack continues to find increasingly weird ways to reference back to that movie with every capeflick he makes. He's definitely making a run of it so far.
When Superman comes back, he's Electric Blue Superman.

He's super-strong. And super-naked.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

There are so few characters that need a tactical realism explanation for their superhero costume but Flash definitely needs one even less. He goes super fast. That's his deal. Needing him to have a special suit to do his thing is a very strange and specific focus for one's need to have things be realistic.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

wyoming posted:

He's just skinny.

Snowman_McK posted:

Yeah, Ezra Miller weighs about as much as a photograph of Ezra Miller

Here he is from the BvS premiere:

He didn't skip leg day. Important for a running superhero. Dude did put on a bit of weight/muscle for the role, but not in the same way Cavill or Momoa did.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
He also put on my wife's new shoes

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

teagone posted:

Here he is from the BvS premiere:

He didn't skip leg day. Important for a running superhero. Dude did put on a bit of weight/muscle for the role, but not in the same way Cavill or Momoa did.

He looks like Adam Driver and Jet Li were combined in some experiment.

Halloween Jack posted:

He also put on my wife's new shoes

Cuban heels have been making a comeback for the past few years.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

^Experiments involving Speed Force, no doubt.

I think Flash can run fast even if wears plate mail because of the Speed Force, according to some comic or other.

The MSJ fucked around with this message at 02:50 on Jan 9, 2017

K. Waste
Feb 27, 2014

MORAL:
To the vector belong the spoils.
He looks like a cyclist in Triplets of Belville

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003

The MSJ posted:

I think Flash can run fast even if wears plate mail because of the Speed Force, according to some comic or other.
In the comics I grew up with his spandex-looking suit was even armour made out of pure Speed Force, because the Flash doesn't have enough powers.

Throwdown
Sep 4, 2003

Here you go, dummies.
How are you going to keep that suit in a ring?

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Timby posted:

He looks like Adam Driver and Jet Li were combined in some experiment.

K. Waste posted:

He looks like a cyclist in Triplets of Belville

These are both pretty apt comparisons, haha.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Proposition Joe posted:

Flash's suit looks like armor in the Injustice comic and video game: https://www.google.com/search?q=the...eo+game&imgrc=_

With the way they've been playing out the overarching narrative spanning Man of Steel through Suicide Squad, part of me hopes they are heading towards the Injustice storyline (or at least a story inspired by it), and then the DCEU will somehow pivot back to Flashpoint Paradox or something.

Also, just a reminder that Flash is going to have multiple looks in Justice League. The suit that's been prominently used in promotional materials is the one Barry jerry-rigged himself. Apparently he's going to have a suit that has a more traditional look provided by Wayne Tech later in the film. http://screenrant.com/justice-league-set-visit-details/?view=all

quote:

Like Batman and Cyborg, The Flash will have more than one ‘look’ in Justice League. Concept art spoiled that he’ll have a superhero costume built by “Wayne Tech” later in the movie – a costume that matches the official movie concept art – but the primary costume Ezra Miller’s Barry Allen wears is something he made himself. He’s already The Flash by the time Bruce Wayne meets him.

teagone fucked around with this message at 03:45 on Jan 9, 2017

AFoolAndHisMoney
Aug 13, 2013

The Flash looks fine to me, he could use more red in his torso but I like most of what's going on with him including his goofy wide-eyed expression compared to everyone's cold glowering.

Also Ray Fisher is like 1.9 meters and easily taller than pretty much everyone else there barring I think Affleck, how is he the shortest guy?

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Neo Rasa posted:

There's a fan theory/hope that this is like a temporary "this is literally the only material we have on hand that doesn't vaporize as soon as Flash moves fast" kind of thing and that he has something sleeker for most of the story. Either way it looks real poor.

Which is dumb because in the BvS clip he did something in regular clothes and they were fine.

It is a bad costume.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

AFoolAndHisMoney posted:

The Flash looks fine to me, he could use more red in his torso but I like most of what's going on with him including his goofy wide-eyed expression compared to everyone's cold glowering.

Also Ray Fisher is like 1.9 meters and easily taller than pretty much everyone else there barring I think Affleck, how is he the shortest guy?

Momoa is 1.93m, Affleck is 1.92m. Fisher is at least four inches taller than Miller and Gadot, he's really getting shortchanged there.

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 219 days!

The MSJ posted:

^Experiments involving Speed Force, no doubt.

This tells you everything you need to know about trying to treat The Flash realistically.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
Considering Shazam is tentatively coming out before Green Lantern Corps, I'm guessing number 7 is Captain Marvel. I am basing this on the schedule alone.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

2016 may have been a hell year but it's good to see that coming into 2017 this thread still can't stop oddly fixating on why x costume is garbage in a movie that hasn't even had a trailer yet

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

I don't see why "clothes that don't catch on fire/shred to pieces over a certain friction value" is a bridge too far when some of the other options include literal magic and alien hypertech. It's Space Shuttle-style ceramic heat plating, that's actually a really cool and unique take that plays up the character's intelligence and resourcefulness.

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 219 days!

McSpanky posted:

I don't see why "clothes that don't catch on fire/shred to pieces over a certain friction value" is a bridge too far when some of the other options include literal magic and alien hypertech. It's Space Shuttle-style ceramic heat plating, that's actually a really cool and unique take that plays up the character's intelligence and resourcefulness.

It's ultimately window dressing; at the speeds The Flash runs, the problem is preventing nuclear fusion as he collides with air particles.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Hodgepodge posted:

It's ultimately window dressing; at the speeds The Flash runs, the problem is preventing nuclear fusion as he collides with air particles.

How fast does movie Flash run? I know comic Flash runs between mach 6 and 600 billion times the speed of light.

• Locked thread